• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I still don't understand the hatred, not dislike, hatred for Pac-Man. I get that he's basically washed up and really has no business appearing with mediocre games anymore, but seriously, the yellow dude was a legend back in the day. The same could be said for Mr. Game & Watch yet nobody gives him crap. Heck Sonic could be a modern day example considering how most of his games were, and still are, getting mixed views.

To see the outright bashing of such a big name character is just baffling to me.
To my understanding, you have stated why people dislike Pac-Man. He's not nearly the legend he was before, and his most recent appearances (TV shows and games and whatnot) have left a lot to be desired, as far as I know.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ah, I see. I'm sure most of the remaining newcomers will be non-human.

I have a feeling the translator leak is fake, I mean, Diskun? Seriously?
Nah, I expect one or two more (a Fire Emblem character, and then maybe Shulk or so). ^^

Also, no idea who that is, haha.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
To my understanding, you have stated why people dislike Pac-Man. He's not nearly the legend he was before, and his most recent appearances (TV shows and games and whatnot) have left a lot to be desired, as far as I know.
Sonic says "hi, you're too slow."

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's not so much that characters can get in that individuals don't care for (I dislike the WFT, for example), but that, as a whole, the fanbase will obsess over every chosen newcomer as if it's a gift from above, regardless of who it is, while simultaneously making excuses about why it's okay that every non-chosen newcomer wasn't chosen. A culture of yes-manship, if you will.
I feel similarly about the bolded. Heck, in the hypothetical scenario that Palutena didn't make it in, I can see people using the argument of Sakurai's modesty (even though he didn't create her) and the size of the KI franchise as the reasons why people shouldn't have expected her.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Meta Knight was actually fairly popular pre-Brawl. The only people that hated on him were people who'd rather want Dedede, and everything turned out alright in the end anyways. In my experience Meta Knight was always met with a warm reception. If someone from E3 wasn't, it was Wario and ZSS. Wario was mostly because people didn't like that he used his WarioWare stuff instead of his classic stuff, and ZSS was considered competition for Ridley.

You're right on R.O.B though, he caused a meltdown in the Smash community on a scale that hasn't been seen before or since, though parts of that was also because it meant that the 35 character demon roster without Ridley, Geno or Krystal was true.
We were totally in different places then lol

I was at ABXY.org and lots of hate for Metaknight was evident. Also, I had to defend Ness, Mr. G&W and Ice Climbers there :3
People believed they were cut because of their placement on a fan made tier list. I busted egos at such a young age.

PS: Anyone here from DSMeet before it went to the disaster called ABXY.org?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I feel similarly about the bolded. Heck, in the hypothetical scenario that Palutena didn't make it in, I can see people using the argument of Sakurai's modesty (even though he didn't create her) and the size of the KI franchise as the reasons why people shouldn't have expected her.
My quibble is that people don't seem to 'get' that it's perfectly okay to not love or pretend to love everything about a roster. The roster's arguably the most important part of the game, and heaven knows, people have no trouble talking about what could be improved with the gameplay and modes and whatnot, so there's no need to exclude the roster from that, either.

I'm sure this will get addressed more once the final roster is unveiled, unless it defies all odds and hits all the right notes.

Anyways, are there any deadlines we ought to be looking out for in the coming weeks, based on any "leaks' we've had as of late?

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The roster's arguably the most important part of the game
I don't think there's anything arguable about it. You don't see "Metroid Stages Without Lava" support threads with 10,000+ replies. The Smashers make the Smash. If the game had a flawless roster, I'd be fine with a bunch of generic fighting game-esque stages with lackluster music.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We were totally in different places then lol

I was at ABXY.org and lots of hate for Metaknight was evident. Also, I had to defend Ness, Mr. G&W and Ice Climbers there :3
People believed they were cut because of their placement on a fan made tier list. I busted egos at such a young age.

PS: Anyone here from DSMeet before it went to the disaster called ABXY.org?
I was on Brawl Central, so yeah, we were at different places. However, over there we also had to defend Ness, G&W and ICs, plus Marth, Falcon and Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Did Brawl Central turn into All is Brawl? I feel like I've been on that website before since it sounds very familiar.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think there's anything arguable about it. You don't see "Metroid Stages Without Lava" support threads with 10,000+ replies. The Smashers make the Smash. If the game had a flawless roster, I'd be fine with a bunch of generic fighting game-esque stages with lackluster music.
I say arguably because you still have people out there claiming that "Oh, I don't care about the roster, add ten Chucky the Cheeses for all I care, just give me good gameplay!" Which is a load of bunk, because if the characters they enjoyed were taken out, they'd be right in there talking about the roster with the rest of us.

Okay, so remember how there was that one "leak" talking about how Game & Watch would be shown after Diddy as the next veteran? We'll have to see it to believe it, obviously, but now that the obvious date for Yoshi has past, and yet we're still over a month past Diddy's reveal, do you all think there's any chance Game & Watch could actually be shown as a more random reveal?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Did Brawl Central turn into All is Brawl? I feel like I've been on that website before since it sounds very familiar.
Currently it's known as Smash Central, though it underwent a lot of transformations in between which I never really cared much about. It's not All is Brawl though. However, this isn't very leak or rumor related.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
[COLLAPSE="Sound Guy Leak"]Hello, all fans. I'm aware that some false "leaks" have been making their rounds across the Web, with one notable one being legitimate, and I just wanted to reveal some things. I've recently retired after coming into a fair amount of money, so I have no risk of losing anything by doing this (or so I hope!) and just wished to give you Super Smash fans some inside scoops. Sadly, I worked in the sound department, so I'm not entirely sure about everything, and was unable to get pictures. All information I give here was what was given to me on lunchbreaks from my colleagues. With that out of the way, let's get onto the show! That being said, I made a new account as to not be able to be traced back. Hope this isn't an issue.

- Since I worked in the sound department, I can confirm that everyone will NOT have their own victory theme, at least at the time of writing. Somewhere down the road, perhaps, if time allows, but the first job dealing with victory themes just told us to create one for each series, like before. Meta Knight's variant was kept at the start, though.

- Because of this, I can confirm that the veterans who are the sole character in their series are coming back. These ones in particular: Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climber, Mr. Game and Watch, Robot, Captain Falcon and Solid Snake. Yes, Snake is returning. I know some fans were worried about him, but fear not!

- In addition, our job description entailed having a victory theme prepared for Punch-Out!!, Nazo no Murasame Jo and Chibi-Robo. I think we can assume that a character is getting in from these games. These are the only other new series that we needed to compose for that haven't been revealed yet.

- As a fan of Fire Emblem, a friend of mine has informed me that in addition to Marth coming back, Ike will return and Chrom will be added. The current plan is to have Ike become an unlockable, due to him being less in the public eye. He shall either be revealed to coincide with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, or held off until the game's release (whichever comes first...even Sakurai's not sure when SMTxFE is being released). Chrom is unique from the two, and will be revealed mid-April, to coincide with Fire Emblem's anniversary. He utilizes both a sword and spear, making him a tactical character. There are currently no plans for Roy.
- At one point, I helped record a sound effect for an above-screen KO for Ridley. I believe this confirms that he's a playable character.

- The Palutena leak from a while back is correct, as I helped record her lines. Some of the development team was notably upset that it happened, but the situation with that leaker has been taken care of, to my knowledge.

- One of my friends that works in PR informed me that King K. Rool is planned to be released at E3 2014, fighting Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on the Gangplank Galleon. He is the heaviest character.

- Falco and Wolf are both returning, and Falco is getting a rework, if the new sound effects we recorded are anything to go by. They seem to imply and Arwing Final Smash, as well as a hawk-like screech. Not sure what that screech is used for, though.

- When recording the lines for the announcer, I can confirm that Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets and Board the Platforms will be making a comeback. The announcer is the same for both versions.

- At the time, no cuts are planned, but if deadlines aren't met, Lucas is the first to go, according to Sakurai's priority list. That being said, if Lucas is revealed, a no-cut scenario is rather likely.

- Some of the staff were joking around and saying that Mewtwo should be revealed, since his birthday is on 6 February 2014. This sort of implies he'll be making it back, though I wouldn't bank on that particular date

- Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy, as we needed to convert his sound pack. Andross does as well. That sound effect is rather hard to miss.
- Diddy is the next reveal, though many have guessed that.

- We recorded a few lines for Lucina. Whether she is an Assist Trophy or part of Chrom's Final Smash is unknown.

- We actually brought in my neighbor's dog to record the sound effect for the Nintendog.

- Drake Redcrest's theme, Champion Battle (XY), and Bumpy March were the last songs I helped work on.

- Shulk is an Assist Trophy, to my disappointment. I asked a friend of mine (the same one who gave me the Fire Emblem information). However, there is a good amount of Xenoblade songs, as well as a stage on the Wii U.

That's all I have. I'm sure you're questioning this thing's validity, but let me assure you. After Diddy Kong, Mr. Game and Watch will be the next veteran revealed. As well, we will get a newcomer toward the end of February. More than likely, it will be Palutena, in order to quiet the leak a bit more.[/COLLAPSE]

It's currently listed as dead because of him saying Diddy would be the next reveal (when Little Mac actually was), and that's in all likelihood correct. However, just exploring all the possibilities and looking at this as though he meant 'veteran reveal' instead of 'any reveal,' that would leave Game & Watch in the pipeline.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
That's a damn sexy leak, though there are a (very) few disappointments in there.

Wouldn't mind at all if it was true, but I don't put any stock in it. He did at least correctly predict Little Mac, but that's not hard to do.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
[COLLAPSE="Sound Guy Leak"]Hello, all fans. I'm aware that some false "leaks" have been making their rounds across the Web, with one notable one being legitimate, and I just wanted to reveal some things. I've recently retired after coming into a fair amount of money, so I have no risk of losing anything by doing this (or so I hope!) and just wished to give you Super Smash fans some inside scoops. Sadly, I worked in the sound department, so I'm not entirely sure about everything, and was unable to get pictures. All information I give here was what was given to me on lunchbreaks from my colleagues. With that out of the way, let's get onto the show! That being said, I made a new account as to not be able to be traced back. Hope this isn't an issue.

- Since I worked in the sound department, I can confirm that everyone will NOT have their own victory theme, at least at the time of writing. Somewhere down the road, perhaps, if time allows, but the first job dealing with victory themes just told us to create one for each series, like before. Meta Knight's variant was kept at the start, though.

- Because of this, I can confirm that the veterans who are the sole character in their series are coming back. These ones in particular: Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climber, Mr. Game and Watch, Robot, Captain Falcon and Solid Snake. Yes, Snake is returning. I know some fans were worried about him, but fear not!

- In addition, our job description entailed having a victory theme prepared for Punch-Out!!, Nazo no Murasame Jo and Chibi-Robo. I think we can assume that a character is getting in from these games. These are the only other new series that we needed to compose for that haven't been revealed yet.

- As a fan of Fire Emblem, a friend of mine has informed me that in addition to Marth coming back, Ike will return and Chrom will be added. The current plan is to have Ike become an unlockable, due to him being less in the public eye. He shall either be revealed to coincide with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, or held off until the game's release (whichever comes first...even Sakurai's not sure when SMTxFE is being released). Chrom is unique from the two, and will be revealed mid-April, to coincide with Fire Emblem's anniversary. He utilizes both a sword and spear, making him a tactical character. There are currently no plans for Roy.
- At one point, I helped record a sound effect for an above-screen KO for Ridley. I believe this confirms that he's a playable character.

- The Palutena leak from a while back is correct, as I helped record her lines. Some of the development team was notably upset that it happened, but the situation with that leaker has been taken care of, to my knowledge.

- One of my friends that works in PR informed me that King K. Rool is planned to be released at E3 2014, fighting Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on the Gangplank Galleon. He is the heaviest character.

- Falco and Wolf are both returning, and Falco is getting a rework, if the new sound effects we recorded are anything to go by. They seem to imply and Arwing Final Smash, as well as a hawk-like screech. Not sure what that screech is used for, though.

- When recording the lines for the announcer, I can confirm that Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets and Board the Platforms will be making a comeback. The announcer is the same for both versions.

- At the time, no cuts are planned, but if deadlines aren't met, Lucas is the first to go, according to Sakurai's priority list. That being said, if Lucas is revealed, a no-cut scenario is rather likely.

- Some of the staff were joking around and saying that Mewtwo should be revealed, since his birthday is on 6 February 2014. This sort of implies he'll be making it back, though I wouldn't bank on that particular date

- Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy, as we needed to convert his sound pack. Andross does as well. That sound effect is rather hard to miss.

- We recorded a few lines for Lucina. Whether she is an Assist Trophy or part of Chrom's Final Smash is unknown.

- We actually brought in my neighbor's dog to record the sound effect for the Nintendog.

- Drake Redcrest's theme, Champion Battle (XY), and Bumpy March were the last songs I helped work on.

- Shulk is an Assist Trophy, to my disappointment. I asked a friend of mine (the same one who gave me the Fire Emblem information). However, there is a good amount of Xenoblade songs, as well as a stage on the Wii U.

That's all I have. I'm sure you're questioning this thing's validity, but let me assure you. After Diddy Kong, Mr. Game and Watch will be the next veteran revealed. As well, we will get a newcomer toward the end of February. More than likely, it will be Palutena, in order to quiet the leak a bit more.[/COLLAPSE]

It's currently listed as dead because of him saying Diddy would be the next reveal (when Little Mac actually was), and that's in all likelihood correct. However, just exploring all the possibilities and looking at this as though he meant 'veteran reveal' instead of 'any reveal,' that would leave Game & Watch in the pipeline.

I kinda hope that it would have been true (though maybe we should look at it as you're saying, with "Vet reveal" over "any reveal,"), mainly because it seems like a dream come true, haha. Along with getting the characters I love and see as likely, Chibi-Robo is one of those characters that I'd love to see despite having low chances. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I hope so, I've been waiting to see him in the game.
Even though I understand he'll post-release reveal, there is some hope that he'll be in.

But, even with that, there are a few holes.
Well, for one. The date.
The best date to reveal him would be the 29th of April, of which is the anniversary of Ball.
The first Game & Watch game.

But this would mean over a month of no veteran reveals (implying that's what he meant).
And IMO that just doesn't sound too realistic.
Why hold off everyone else just for this one character?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I don't think Sakurai reveals newcomers because of a new game of theirs coming out. That Shulk direct leak is looking pretty suspicious.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I still don't understand the hatred, not dislike, hatred for Pac-Man. I get that he's basically washed up and really has no business appearing with mediocre games anymore, but seriously, the yellow dude was a legend back in the day. The same could be said for Mr. Game & Watch yet nobody gives him crap. Heck Sonic could be a modern day example considering how most of his games were, and still are, getting mixed views.

To see the outright bashing of such a big name character is just baffling to me.
You and me both, brother. I don't understand it at all.

As for the current leaks, some of them sound genuine, and others (with Chrono? lol really? try harder, plz) just sound ridiculous. They're Goku level bad. And a secret Nintendo Direct on Monday? Hah! There's no way. Nintendo likes to get people hyped for this kind of stuff, not just announce it with no warning. What's the point of having a live video announcement if no one knows it's going to happen and watch it?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Maybe wait for a few hours for direct announcement.
Yea. Thats true. I feel like things are more likely to get leaked from a direct than from the actual development team of smash. But why would someone working for ESRB know about the direct and mention it only a day before? Why not leak it earlier?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The Chrono leak is so blatantly fake it isn't funny. Why would there be something like 5-8 third-party characters in the game? (All of the non-revealed third-parties being semi-realistic human swordsman, no less.)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yea. Thats true. I feel like things are more likely to get leaked from a direct than from the actual development team of smash. But why would someone working for ESRB know about the direct and mention it only a day before? Why not leak it earlier?
Better yet, how would you know it at all.
ESRB =/= Nintendo
It's like saying you know when a newcomer will be revealed despite being the janitor for Gamestop.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
"Hey guys, my cousin's brother works for the ESRB and he's managed to leak the entire final roster for SSB4! 100% REAL"

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Why is this being ignored

If it's true, why would they release SSB4 a day before MK8?

That's literally going to screw sales o.o

So it probably isn't true?
MK8 actually releases May 30th. The same day...not gonna happen.

And Shulk revealed tomorrow in a direct? Eh, not likely (but I do want it).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Marth for the same reason some people doubt Ike now, plus his Japan-exclusivity at the time. I meant to write Falco, not Falcon, though some people did doubt Falcon for some obscure reason.
I had this one guy on YouTube that thought Falcon was out cause Little Mac was confirmed.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
In regards to the Sound Guy leak, Mr. Game & Watch is an easy candidate for a random reveal, so we might just see him this week or something.

Though, doesn't that leak also say Shulk is an AT? Hmm...

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I say arguably because you still have people out there claiming that "Oh, I don't care about the roster, add ten Chucky the Cheeses for all I care, just give me good gameplay!" Which is a load of bunk, because if the characters they enjoyed were taken out, they'd be right in there talking about the roster with the rest of us.

Okay, so remember how there was that one "leak" talking about how Game & Watch would be shown after Diddy as the next veteran? We'll have to see it to believe it, obviously, but now that the obvious date for Yoshi has past, and yet we're still over a month past Diddy's reveal, do you all think there's any chance Game & Watch could actually be shown as a more random reveal?
BKupa, I have a Rumors file of those you've called dead, and that's one of them. You're talking about the Sound Guy Leak. I didn't call that dead myself because of the likely snafu caused by the Direct taking precedence over Tropical Freeze. Not sure when these Directs are planned, but I'm certain it was well after he 'got' his information. I was expecting this one to die officially when Yoshi was announced, but it's now up in the air. So yes, I think there's still quite the chance.

Oh yeah, the other one on life support is the Glass Joe Leak.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace

I want that to be real so bad p.p

Ridley, Chrom and King K. Rool are like the only characters I must have. They're my top 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom