• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

W-what? Why would they ever do Toon Zelda/Sheik over Toon Zelda/Tetra? That just doesn't make any sense to me.
It's what was planned for Brawl.

That, and since Toon Zelda would be a semi-clone like Toon Link, it makes more sense for a Toon Sheik to exist than Tetra being a clone of Sheik.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
W-what? Why would they ever do Toon Zelda/Sheik over Toon Zelda/Tetra? That just doesn't make any sense to me.
having 4 versions of Zelda doesn't make sense to begin with IMO.

But man if we get a playable build shown at E3, where we can see the character select screen, geez you know everyone and their grandma will flood us with faked roster screens soon after.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Nope.
It would either be Toon Zelda/Sheik or Tetra solo.
Not Toon Zelda/Tetra.
Toon Zelda/Sheik would make absolutely no sense.

If Toon Zelda is in the game and has a transformation, the transformation is Tetra, not "Toon Sheik" (wtf)

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman

Just wondering about the palutena leak; In the developer direct, there is not a single frame from what I can find that Mario's right hand is angled like that during the stance; only his left, so does anyone know what animation has that as far as we know?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I highly doubt Toon Sheik will be a thing. Especially when you consider how many kick related moves Sheik has.

If Toon Zelda gets accompanied by an alternate form, I'd say it will most likely be Tetra.

D

Deleted member

Toon Zelda/Sheik would make absolutely no sense.

If Toon Zelda is in the game and has a transformation, the transformation is Tetra, not "Toon Sheik" (wtf)
a. It's what was planned in Brawl (I just got through saying this).

b. Semi-clone deal, yadda yadda said this already.

c. Link and Zelda in Smash are treated as universal entities as opposed to a singular Link and Zelda; Toon Link is treated as an alternate version of the same character, Toon Zelda would be treated the same.

d. Makes about as much sense as the TP Zelda having magic spells from OoT that only Link used and being able to turn into Sheik in the first place.

e. A Toon Sheik technically exists anyway.

So to reiterate, unless Toon Zelda goes solo for whatever reason, Toon Sheik would be her alternate, not Tetra.
Want Tetra? Pray she goes solo and Toon Zelda is out of the equation. Which is what I'm doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I highly doubt Toon Sheik will be a thing. Especially when you consider how full to the brim of kick related moves Sheik has.

If Toon Zelda gets accompanied by an alternate form, I'd say it will most likely be Tetra.
So I guess Tetra may be a reverse Wolf in the sense that she shares all of Tinks A moves but has completely different B moves?

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
Nope.
It would either be Toon Zelda/Sheik or Tetra solo.
Not Toon Zelda/Tetra.
I don't think Toon Sheik exists (I am not familiar with the Zelda series) but Tetra is Toon Zelda and Tetra could help make Toon Zelda less of a Zelda/Sheik clone (BTW I think this should be at the Toon Zelda or Tetra threads)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Toon Zelda/Tetra/Sheik makes little sense to be honest. Adding more WW representation with no SS representation doesn't add up.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
It's what was planned for Brawl.

That, and since Toon Zelda would be a semi-clone like Toon Link, it makes more sense for a Toon Sheik to exist than Tetra being a clone of Sheik.
It's pretty unlikely to have a semi-clone and a character with an original moveset for transformations.
Well, I guess those are valid points but we'll just have to agree to disagree. Imo there's no reason in the first place to include a clone duo if you're not using the unique Tetra incarnation the toon Zelda games introduced. I can also see TZelda/Tetra both not being a clone of both Zelda and Sheik and I can see TZelda/Tetra both being clones with Tetra having a pirate take on Sheik's moveset. Sorry but Toon Sheik is as believable as Goku for me, Tetra basically is Sheik in a way. Especially in this Smash I doubt Sakurai would add them in the first place if they're just gonna be clones, no way he'll create a Toon Sheik.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Toon Sheik exists (I am not familiar with the Zelda series) but Tetra is Toon Zelda and Tetra could help make Toon Zelda less of a Zelda/Sheik clone (BTW I think this should be at the Toon Zelda or Tetra threads)
Read my posts above.
The point in including Toon Zelda isn't to avoid clones in the first place anyway. The point of Toon Zelda is to be a clone. Just like Toon Link.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So I guess Tetra may be a reverse Wolf in the sense that she shares all of Tinks A moves but has completely different B moves?
If you are referring to the small dagger Tetra has, I can't really see it functioning similar to Toon Link's A moves, so I'd imagine her using it in different ways.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sheik uses many kicking attacks. Toon Zelda has stubby legs. Toon Link traded kicking attacks for sword attacks.

What should Toon Sheik or Toon Tetra do if they are indeed a clone of Sheik?

D

Deleted member

Toon Zelda would only be included as a low-priority clone anyway. :rolleyes:

You want her to be unique? Tetra solo is the only way it will happen. I guarantee it.

Sheik uses many kicking attacks. Toon Zelda has stubby legs. Toon Link traded kicking attacks for sword attacks.
What should Toon Sheik or Toon Tetra do if they are indeed a clone of Sheik?
Toon Link also carries a shield as big as his torso and a sword longer than his legs. In that sense, his leg movements are heavily limited by his equipment.
A hypothetical Toon Sheik wouldn't have this problem; especially since Sheik is designed to be rather flexible and athletic.

And since cartoonish characters get the benefit of having limbs stretched/expanded in Smash (a great example is literally today's picture of Diddy), points where normally the leg length just won't cut it can be made to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just an experiment I Googled "smash takamaru" and "takamaru niki" (without quotations) set to only February 19 (and even February 19-20) and there are no discussions of such a "leak" this Yahoo mail photo has shown.

If this image first appeared today, specifically after Diddy's reveal, I say it's photoshopped.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Just posting to say "told you so" about the Diddy leak being fake. The background is red, not blue!

*goes back to lurking*

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Fair enough, perhaps Mewtwo will be the only Pokémon "newcomer" and that is fine to me, the series is very well represented already (although VERY unbalanced as well). By the way, the Pokémon Trainer would only count as three characters if we could play as any of the three starters separately (like say, Zelda/Sheik). Since we can't, the three of them are only one character IMO.
In terms of development time they count as three characters. So from that point of view I don't expect 6 pokemon slots.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
....The E3 leak is fake too. Not to say those characters still don't have a chance to make it in, but everyone who believes that was a real leak after its been proven otherwise is in denial

pls go

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just for the sake of a new topic, why do you guys come here to this thread?
For me, these leaks really help me get some of my predictions right, now I firmly have Miis, Pac-Man, and Palutena in my prediction roster thanks to a few of them.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
For my sadistic pleasure as it gives me so much joy to tear apart these rumors and hang the scraps for the cuccos to eat.

I mean, it's interesting to see what kind of leaks people come up with. Yep...

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Just for the sake of a new topic, why do you guys come here to this thread?
For me, these leaks really help me get some of my predictions right, now I firmly have Miis, Pac-Man, and Palutena in my prediction roster thanks to a few of them.
I used to follow leaks just for the hype I got from them back in the brawl days, though I gotta say that this time around all these leaks are keeping my hype at a steady low.

Any chance the killable list can be put into the fipo, it annoys me to bit I can't find it half of the time.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
What in the world...Have you guys talked about this? I've been gone for a bit http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68631287
Found out yesterday on smashboards that M2K had roster details, kinda annoyed me. He already knew about little Mac before he was released, and he said "don't be surprise if mewtwo is in sm4sh." He is also getting the game weeks before everyone else, that's what he says. It made sense since he was easily one of the best players. So I messaged him, pretty much begging for roster deatails, since personally I don't think it's right to keep the roster hidden, it's funny since I told him I wouldn't tell anyone, and really surprisingly he responded.
Obvious newcomers- Ridley, Chrom, Paulitina, Mewtwo

Surprising newcomers- Zitz(retro character?), Ghiraham, Funky Kong, Professor Layton

Anyone who doesn't believe me, go message him yourself on smash boards

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
What in the world...Have you guys talked about this? I've been gone for a bit http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68631287
Found out yesterday on smashboards that M2K had roster details, kinda annoyed me. He already knew about little Mac before he was released, and he said "don't be surprise if mewtwo is in sm4sh." He is also getting the game weeks before everyone else, that's what he says. It made sense since he was easily one of the best players. So I messaged him, pretty much begging for roster deatails, since personally I don't think it's right to keep the roster hidden, it's funny since I told him I wouldn't tell anyone, and really surprisingly he responded.

Surprising newcomers- Zitz(retro character?), Ghiraham, Funky Kong, Professor Layton

I'm pretty sure Rare owns Zitz...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Edit: Already did.
Still, this is hilarious.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
He IS on this site. Someone get him on the horn. Though ... Battletoads DOES fit riduculously well with the Smash Style.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom