• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Characters being terrible or not is all subjective. You may not like a character, but I'm sure each character has its own fans. And we've gotten characters that "no one" wants in previous Smash games (Roy and Mr. Game & Watch in Melee, R.O.B. in Brawl). We already have a character no one wanted (Wii Fit Trainer) confirmed and Rosalina made in it over Toad and Bowser Jr., which were considered the more wanted choices! It's pretty clear that Sakurai's perspective is different than our own and that the characters we want aren't necessarily the characters we get.

That's why these rosters have those oddball choices. A roster made up of fan favorites and predictable choices will cause people to cry foul much more quickly, since Sakurai would never be that predictable.

In all honesty, I think Wegenbarth's leak is the best yet. Not for its believability (54 seems like a pipe dream), but because it's absolutely hilarious. Seriously, go read it and tell me that the tone and writing for this post didn't make you laugh once.
@APC99 It's a character from a Japanese murder mystery courtroom visual novel-y kind of game called "Dangan Ronpa". It got an anime adaptation. Because that is what happens sometimes with Japanese games.

@Jumpman I don't mean the characters themselves are terrible. I mean they are terrible decisions for a playable character, with varying degrees of impossible or unlikely. Like Glover or Sora or something.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Sora would actually fit really well into Smash Bros., if only Disney would let their characters into fighting games.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sora would actually fit really well into Smash Bros., if only Disney would let their characters into fighting games.
Which is exactly what I mean. Characters that are just not likely or aren't great picks for fighting games for one reason or another.

I mean I'm thankful that I don't see any sequels to "Stephen Colbert for Brawl" but they're a little ridiculous sometimes. I mean can you believe some people want WALUIGI?

/I'm sorry that was a joke

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Which is exactly what I mean. Characters that are just not likely or aren't great picks for fighting games for one reason or another.

I mean I'm thankful that I don't see any sequels to "Stephen Colbert for Brawl" but they're a little ridiculous sometimes. I mean can you believe some people want WALUIGI?

/I'm sorry that was a joke
Sure. I just wanted to say that Sora is more unlikely than a bad choice--the way he fights would transfer really well into Smash.

No, I can't believe people want Waluigi. And that's not a joke.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sure. I just wanted to say that Sora is more unlikely than a bad choice--the way he fights would transfer really well into Smash.

No, I can't believe people want Waluigi. And that's not a joke.
They do. Especially on Gamefaqs. And I like to say things are jokes anyway when I entirely mean something but I don't want to offend anyone.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
They do. Especially on Gamefaqs. And I like to say things are jokes anyway when I entirely mean something but I don't want to offend anyone.
The only way I could support Waluigi is if he had the crotch chop from Strikers. And even then I'd still be against him, but it would make me laugh.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd like to see Sora in Smash Bros. as well. Unfortunately because he is technically a Disney character AND a Square Enix character, (as well as the fact that, while he is relatively wel known, he certainly hasn't reached the "legendary" status) his chance is extremely slim.

Back on topic, I suppose I'll finally start looking for leaks as well, probably on GameFAQs among other sites.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Gamefaqs has some leaks, that's for sure.

But yeah I guess that did get kind of off topic. I dunno, I never particularly enjoyed fake leaks as much as I just enjoy predictions. So you guys have fun with plumbing Gamefaqs for leaks. :p

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
While we're talking about GameFaqs leaks, the 3DScreens leak (Mewtwo, Roy, Palutena, King K. Rool and Bowser Jr) was me.

Sorry about trolling you guys with it when I posted it. I wanted to see some reactions about in on GameFaqs, so I couldn't tell you guys it was me when I made it.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Sora in Smash Bros. as well. Unfortunately because he is technically a Disney character AND a Square Enix character, (as well as the fact that, while he is relatively wel known, he certainly hasn't reached the "legendary" status) his chance is extremely slim.

Back on topic, I suppose I'll finally start looking for leaks as well, probably on GameFAQs among other sites.
Would absolutely love Sora, though I can almost guarantee he won't be in. I could potentially see Sora as a very unique character, if Disney ever agreed to his inclusion. It would be one more character to add to the non-clone list.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Would absolutely love Sora, though I can almost guarantee he won't be in. I could potentially see Sora as a very unique character, if Disney ever agreed to his inclusion. It would be one more character to add to the non-clone list.
It's more a matter of Disney/Square letting him in, not Sakurai, I feel.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
While we're talking about GameFaqs leaks, the 3DScreens leak (Mewtwo, Roy, Palutena, King K. Rool and Bowser Jr) was me.

Sorry about trolling you guys with it when I posted it. I wanted to see some reactions about in on GameFaqs, so I couldn't tell you guys it was me when I made it.
Lol your awesome, you had most people believing it here at first XD

except for me.... it was way too professional for me 2 believe it, I knew it was some smash boarder trolling around :p

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Waluigi > Sora.

Not a joke. Come at me.

I adore Kingdom Hearts, and I adore Waluigi. Your attempt to prove a point has no effect on me! I am neutral ground! I am the superior being! WELCOME TO DIE!

..just don't get into a Batman v. Spider-Man fight with me. It will never end.

D

Deleted member

Godzilla > Spider-Bat.

And I've been to Die. It has great milkshakes.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sora doesn't even have a chance of getting in the never happening Playstation All Stars sequel.

It's a shame really because he does sort of belong in an improved version of that attempt.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Godzilla > Spider-Bat.

And I've been to Die. It has great milkshakes.

Two words: Utility Belt. It's the DC Comics equivalent of 42: The answer to everything.

And, yeah, Die's milkshakes are good, but their bacon cheeseburgers are to... y'know...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, so if two of these new leaks were troll leaks from users here (at least if they're telling the truth), then it wouldn't surprise me if the leak of the roster that previously lacked Toon Link was made by someone on here as well. The fact that it was an updated version of a fake roster that is only remotely remembered here leads me to assume this, and both of the troll ones from Smashboards users featured pretty in-depth descriptions of the newcomer movesets, which this one does as well.

D

Deleted member

@APC99:
I know what you mean. NOW I WANT ONE.
With a side of their onion rings.

But while Utility Belt is good, Batman has no Godzilla Repellent. Therefore, Batman w/ Green Lantern Ring > Godzilla > Batman

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
@APC99:
I know what you mean. NOW I WANT ONE.
With a side of their onion rings.

But while Utility Belt is good, Batman has no Godzilla Repellent. Therefore, Batman w/ Green Lantern Ring > Godzilla > Batman

How come he carries Bat-Shark Repellent, but not Bat-Godzilla Repellent?

OK, well then, hypothetically, how would Batman get a hold of a Green Lantern ring, or even use it again?

I'll have the french fries with nacho cheese, but no salt. I'm on a diet.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Fake leaks, Batman vs. Godzilla, and food preferences. Boy, this thread has gotten interesting. :p

D

Deleted member

Simple, APC.
Batman carries a Green Lantern Ring in his Utility Belt. Why? Because he's the GODDAMN BATMAN, that's why. :awesome:

As for why no Bat-Godzilla repellent.....there ain't enough space on the Utility Belt for enough Oxygen Destroyer to kill Godzilla. And if there was, Batman would die trying to use it. :p

Now, what Bats needs is to become Batzilla. Then Godzilla is screwed.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Simple, APC.
Batman carries a Green Lantern Ring in his Utility Belt. Why? Because he's the GODDAMN BATMAN, that's why. :awesome:

As for why no Bat-Godzilla repellent.....there ain't enough space on the Utility Belt for enough Oxygen Destroyer to kill Godzilla. And if there was, Batman would die trying to use it. :p

Now, what Bats needs is to become Batzilla. Then Godzilla is screwed.

A few Bat-mutagens using a DNA sample from Godzilla to reverse-engineer a temporary formula should be easily made, since apparently Batman is master of all arts, mathematics and sciences.

We should probably get back on topic.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Batman would be the single best addition ever. It's against Sakurai's policy, but BATMAN. At least the Arkham series has given him footing in the video game world.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
It's funny because there is probably so little English-speakers that know the whole deal that they would never risk breaking their contract, especially so outrageously. The more a leaker is willing to spoil, the dumber the leak. If they really worked for Nintendo and were ready to self-destruct just to spill all the beans, they would at least post picture proofs to go along with it. Shock of all shocks, this never happens.

The only rumors or leaks that are even slightly credible without being backed by hard proof happen when the leaker knows very little because that could be the result of hearsay if said leaker knew someone who knew someone who knew something. Otherwise it's absolute garbage.

Florida

イーグランツ
Do supposed leak threads from GameFAQs get deleted normally? Don't know their regulations. Why is it GameFAQs that gets raided with these

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know, if they did, I think that'd actually still not be the worst mistake they've made with the Sonic series.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
You know, if they did, I think that'd actually still not be the worst mistake they've made with the Sonic series.

I'd prefer making Sally Acorn canon, making guns a trademark of Shadow and the werehog a trademark of Sonic, continue calling Robotnik "Eggman", bringing back Marine the Raccoon and even continue giving Knuckles, Tails and Amy no character development, over another Sonic '06.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Do supposed leak threads from GameFAQs get deleted normally? Don't know their regulations. Why is it GameFAQs that gets raided with these
Because GameFAQs had the legit leak for Brawl I suppose. But yeah, they normally get deleted.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Now it's starting to feel like when the Brawl rumors began winding up. We're in for a very scary era of speculation. Brace yourself for the rumor flood. The dam only holds for so long.

And keep in mind that 99% of these will be utter bs. That said, there probably will be a legitimate few that slip through the cracks, especially if the west is to receive the game around the same time as Japan. Because the west is horrible for leaking things whereas Japan can usually keep their **** in line. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom