• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
So which leaks does the Little Mac announcement kill? I know there were lots claiming Diddy Kong would be revealed today.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So many leaks just got destroyed by Little Mac just now? Because he just wrecked house. Perhaps it would be better to expect Diddy on the 21st now. Since that's the US release of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. But we were wrong before, so I don't how we can't be wrong again.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Yes, but they're not dealbreakers.

What if Sakurai said that he originally planned to reveal those characters at E3 but backtracked at the last minute because of the myriad of things that can go wrong during video game development?
It's not going to happen, but: What if he decides to remove the Skull Kid assist trophy and make him playable?
Really, anything could happen, and nothing's really final until the game is released.
Except, if there's DLC...
Not my point. We have to go off of what we got. His post was only a few days before E3. He was obviously just speculating as he said "my unlikely predictions"
He wasn't even trying to leak anything.
Plus, he got Villager's name wrong. If he had inside info he'd had known his name most likely.
And, on top of all of that, he made a prediction for what would happen for the entire direct at E3 and it was about 70% WRONG.
He's a fan, like us.
He just had a great guess.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
The E3 leak seems more possible with Mac's reveal, but I don't think it's affected by the Palutena leak being more and more possible. The E3 leak could just be saying that those characters are in the game, but I don't think it's implied they were the only newcomers (seeing how we got Rosalina).

Still, Miis? Eww.

Dan

Smash Lord
So we still don't know the stage the Palutena leak is culled from?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So we still don't know the stage the Palutena leak is culled from?
We haven't seen much of it, no. So I would guess it's likely just another re-imagined NES stage like in Brawl. But I'm not a Kid Icarus expert, so I can't say.

Dan

Smash Lord
So how does this 100% prove Palutena exactly? Not saying I don't believe you, just unsure what makes this remarkable.
We have never seen that rock formation before that screenshot (right?), thus, someone couldn't have faked it unless they broke into Sakurai's files.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Palutena Leak (1/22/14)

Notes: Two images claiming to be leaked pictures of Palutena in the 3DS version of Smash 4 were posted to 4chan. The model used for Palutena has not been able to be specifically identified or confirmed as any previous models.

The leaker did not specify whether Palutena was apparently a character or an Assist Trophy.

Source
Needs a bit more research to confirm its definitely true. I'm remaining a little sceptical but it does look pretty good so far.

If it is true I think the dilemma as to whether she is an assist trophy or playable is easily solved since she has a black outline like all playable characters do.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm glad I could help fuel this discussion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Needs a bit more research to confirm its definitely true. I'm remaining a little sceptical but it does look pretty good so far.

If it is true I think the dilemma as to whether she is an assist trophy or playable is easily solved since she has a black outline like all playable characters do.
Quick question here. Do we have any pictures of the 3DS version's Assist characters? Most that I can remember were on the Wii-U version instead. If the Assist do have these outlines, this could put her into either role. Having said that, I still have some doubt as to whether or not she'd even be an Assist.

But I'm still keeping some reasonable doubt until she's confirmed as playable/assist/whatever.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
its really impossible to say whether the Palutena leak is fake. Unless someone here can fake a picture of Palutena or some other character that looks completely realistic to demonstrate how easy it is we really can't say that it's fake.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Quick question here. Do we have any pictures of the 3DS version's Assist characters? Most that I can remember were on the Wii-U version instead. If the Assist do have these outlines, this could put her into either role. Having said that, I still have some doubt as to whether or not she'd even be an Assist.

But I'm still keeping some reasonable doubt until she's confirmed as playable/assist/whatever.
Nope none are ATs. :p

Dan

Smash Lord

Well...

poop.
Hmmmmm..... but the rock formation is much smaller in the Palutena and Little Mac pics...

Hmmm? What does this prove?
The Palutena leak could've used the rock formations from this picture. We thought the first time we saw them was in the Mac, Pikachu olimar pic. But those rocks could exist on multiple levels, varying in size on each.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good point.
But we do have screenshots of stage characters like Spirit Tracks Toon Link and an Animal Crossing character.
Neither of them have a black outline.
I would assume Assist trophies are the same?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Good point.
But we do have screenshots of stage characters like Spirit Tracks Toon Link and an Animal Crossing character.
Neither of them have a black outline.
I would assume Assist trophies are the same?
The black outline is to make characters specifically pop out, so I would assume anything that could be confused with a character (like an AT) doesn't have them, because it would defeat the purpose.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The black outline is to make characters specifically pop out, so I would assume anything that could be confused with a character (like an AT) doesn't have them, because it would defeat the purpose.
Agreed.

So I think it's fairly safe to say that if these images are legit then she is playable.

But it still could just be a really skilled photoshop job.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am pretty sure the Palutena leak is real (and no, I am not saying that because I am a supporter). You can even save my quote and rub in my face if it happens to be a fake. Really, nothing in the picture is wrong, it is too perfect to be a fake. Also, Little Mac's picture posted by Hinata just supports the leak even more.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Little mac had an awesome reveal. Loved the artsyle for the trailer. I hope Doc Louis coaches him as he is fighting like in the trailer. Anyway not sure what leftover leaks I want to believe beside the leaky 3 rumor. My bet is next month it's miis.

Reila

Little mac had an awesome reveal. Loved the artsyle for the trailer. I hope Doc Louis coaches him as he is fighting like in the trailer. Anyway not sure what leftover leaks I want to believe beside the leaky 3 rumor. My bet is next month it's miis.
Well, there is no Nintendo Direct next month (presumably), so I doubt we will get another newcomer before April (at best).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, there is no Nintendo Direct next month (presumably), so I doubt we will get another newcomer before April (at best).
I don't know we may get one but regardless I am betting miis next.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
I'll definitely be happy if the Ice Climbers and Mr. G&W get revealed to return, as well as Ridley being a playable character.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I am pretty sure the Palutena leak is real (and no, I am not saying that because I am a supporter). You can even save my quote and rub in my face if it happens to be a fake. Really, nothing in the picture is wrong, it is too perfect to be a fake. Also, Little Mac's picture posted by Hinata just supports the leak even more.
Assuming you're right, we'll have a hell of alot of archetypical princess characters this time round with Peach, Rosalina, Zelda and now Palutena.

Reila

Assuming you're right, we'll have a hell of alot of archetypical princess characters this time round with Peach, Rosalina, Zelda and now Palutena.
Both Palutena and Rosalina are more goddess/queen-like figures than princess, like Peach and Zelda.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
At the very least, the NeoGaf and Platuena 3DS pics have gained some rep and all the leaks about Diddy or Dixie and Tropical Freeze are dead.

Here's how I see dates going. If a leak gets something wrong with a date then it should be considered dead. But a leak can "rise from the grave" if most of the information that it contains comes out after it's death. Call it the "Altered Beast Clause" if you will. Because if you have a lot of info and it just comes out after you predicted, it's pretty likely that timing or technical difficulties caused a push back. Stuff getting cancelled at E3 is a real thing. DK:TF still has a English release date coming. But for the time being, most leaks like that should be considered dead.

Since the fans will never consider a leak "real" (ie. see Brawl's history with leaks) and any leak can only become more realistic. The most realistic ones right now are the Neogaf E3 and the Platuena 3DS pic. So that is a thing. Doesn't mean they are going to be real 100%, but they are the most real at this time.

And on a personal note, I'm happy with Little Mac. He looks like he'd be fun to play. I've always been good with the Boxing-Type characters in Fighting games, so he'll have to be given a shot.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
im hoping for Mac myself and he has a decent shot of being revealed given what we know right now.

whatever we get it will either confirm or DE-confirm some leaks... or both, anyway exciting news on the horizon for sure.
We were so right. Especially you.

suomynona

Banned via Warnings
Wow, actually expected Diddy today so this is really interesting. I will definitely be keeping in contact with you guys since it seems like our source is still legit so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom