• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Hate to potentially poop all over everyone's parade but...

On Facebook I tried to share the link to tomorrow's NIntendo Direct with a friend via messaging and instead of the usual Nintendo Direct logo it popped up as a Wii Sports Club logo for the picture... so... yeah, this might not mean anything, but it may be just enough to throw the Year of Yoshi guy off just a bit since I don't believe he mentioned anything regarding Wii Sports Club.
Good thing I'm a dev. so I can explain this, it's pulling from one of multiple images that are on Nintendo's page, I guess they didn't code it to pull JUST that one. You should be able to choose which image you want to display.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, considering this is the first Direct of the year, especially after not having one in January no less, there should be something good.

But Japan not being in on the fun certainly is discouraging...
Didn't they say "global".
So Japan should get the Direct too. :3

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I have yet to see any evidence of the direct not being worldwide.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
The Direct is for games launching by the end of Spring 2014.

"Join us on Thursday, Feb. 13, at 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET for a Nintendo Direct focused on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games launching by the end of spring."

memememe

Smash Apprentice
I'd say Diddy/Dixie tag team for tomorrow, but Sakurai confirmed that was in the works for Brawl. If it was still on the table, he'd be a little more secretive about that fact I would imagine.

If Year of Yoshi theory is correct, Yoshi it is.
Otherwise it is likely just Diddy Kong.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Diddy/Dixie tag team for tomorrow, but Sakurai confirmed that was in the works for Brawl. If it was still on the table, he'd be a little more secretive about that fact I would imagine.

If Year of Yoshi theory is correct, Yoshi it is.
Otherwise it is likely just Diddy Kong.
It's actually Diddy and Dixie tonight and Yoshi in the direct.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The Direct is for games launching by the end of Spring 2014.

"Join us on Thursday, Feb. 13, at 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET for a Nintendo Direct focused on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games launching by the end of spring."
Didn't stop them before.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
Imagine if we get a character reveal tomorrow and it's not Yoshi or a Donkey Kong character. I would sit back and watch so many leaks die.:troll:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think people were saying that because the time of day makes it seem unlikely. I guess we'll see.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well excellent. My hype levels are returning to maximum!

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I'm pretty sure we're going to get SOMETHING from this direct. Hasn't Nintendo announced something Smash Bros. related in each one so far?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm pretty sure we're going to get SOMETHING from this direct. Hasn't Nintendo announced something Smash Bros. related in each one so far?
SOME character has been revealed in every global direct since E3 as far as I know. So yeah.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Good thing I'm a dev. so I can explain this, it's pulling from one of multiple images that are on Nintendo's page, I guess they didn't code it to pull JUST that one. You should be able to choose which image you want to display.
OK. Well, hype train back on I guess! Let's see if this Year of Yoshi leak is indeed true!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What other leak had this?
Inawordyes posted it earlier, but didn't really have the link available. I think we'll have to wait on this one.
Alright, I found what inawordyes said regarding the first leak:
The first of the three mentioned an "Eevee Trainer", with Sylveon, Glaceon, and Leafeon - Jigglypuff ("Pudding") was cut and a few of her moves were given to Sylveon, Glaceon had a few moves similar to Squirtle, and Glaceon played like Ivysaur for the most part (going by memory); Charizard in turn became his own slot and the other two are gone.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Get this Direct discussion out of the leaks thread, guys.
If you remember, the other day there was a rumor/leak about a Direct tomorrow, Thursday, and regarding that leak, it was claimed that the Direct would announce a revamped Yoshi and all of that stuff. Hence everybody's excitement when that leaker got the date right regarding a Direct. Now just to wait and see if the contents of this Direct are exactly as described by the leaker. This could be the Direct that makes or breaks a leak or two.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Get this Direct discussion out of the leaks thread, guys.
Isn't a Nintendo direct being announced entirely relevant to a rumors thread about Smash Bros? There are rumors that mention a direct in February, a Direct the 13th, or mention even mention February 13th as the reveal date for Diddy/Dixie. Even if we didn't have rumors that explicitly mention the 13th or a Nintendo Direct I'd think it would still be relevant because the direct may disprove previous rumors and that could be a subject of interest.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Went to his new strong hold and didn't see him mention the Pokemon, did he PM you or something?
Who Inaword?
Here's what he said:
The first of the three mentioned an "Eevee Trainer", with Sylveon, Glaceon, and Leafeon - Jigglypuff ("Pudding") was cut and a few of her moves were given to Sylveon, Glaceon had a few moves similar to Squirtle, and Glaceon played like Ivysaur for the most part (going by memory); Charizard in turn became his own slot and the other two are gone.
Exactly like Mjardo!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^

Not sure if down with that. I'd love Sylveon over Puff, but how would Sylveon use ANY of her moves?
Also I don't think Eeveelutions taking 3 slots is a good idea.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I'm fine with Charizard having his own slot, but an Eeveelution trainer? When was this rumored to be announced? Or was it unspecific?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
^

Not sure if down with that. I'd love Sylveon over Puff, but how would Sylveon use ANY of her moves?
Also I don't think Eeveelutions taking 3 slots is a good idea.
If Sakurai think it's worth it, he'll probably do it. I think we should really stop caring about how many slots these kinds of characters will take.

Actually, the previous leak had Vaporeon instead of Glaceon.
Hmm.. where's the link to the post first of all. :/
Welp.. looks like this is breaking apart. :p

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If there was a Nintendo Direct tomorrow, it would have been announced already. They're always announced before I'm even awake. :p
Direct tomorrow? Looks like I'm an idiot. :awesome: Here's hoping Sakurai tells us to watch it like he did back in December!

One way or another, some leaks will die tomorrow. Whether it be through a confirmation of a character, a lack of confirmation, something that happens in the Direct, or even information that directly contradicts something in a leak, some will go away. Of course, many more will undoubtedly sprout up... :p But I'm interested to see what happens tomorrow.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
huh? I looked at that thread and he didnt mention Leafeon or any other Eevee evolution.
Right here:
He says that the trio of Pokémon used by the "trainer" are a fairy type, an ice type, and a grass type, all from Generations 5 and 6.
Though the Gen. 5 thing is wrong since there is no Eeveelution in Gen. 5.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Wait, did someone mention seeing something for Wii U Sports Club trailer? I remember a leak specifically saying there will be a fakeout Sports trailer that will actually be for Mii fighter in smash bros....uh oh...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait, did someone mention seeing something for Wii U Sports Club trailer? I remember a leak specifically saying there will be a fakeout Sports trailer that will actually be for Mii fighter in smash bros....uh oh...
Look, as long as their own character (no customization, just Miis representing themselves), I'm fine

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
That leak has since been disproven, since he claimed that such a Direct would come before the end of January. No such Direct took place, so that one we can safely chuck away for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom