• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Things gotten right:

1. Nintendo's 2013 lineup primarily consists of things announced in Nintendo Direct already
2. Delay of Yoshi's Yarn
3. Kirby 3DS (admittedly, easy guess, but may as well chalk it in here)
4. Mario 3D World was indeed not a Galaxy game. The rest of their comments on this matter are and certainly have been debatable, particularly on the touch screen front. I'd wager that given the footage E3 has shown us with the touching the rolling hills to make them stop and touching invisible blocks and coins and so on and so forth, that could certainly lead to that presumption.
5. Mario Kart 8 was indeed playable and shown at E3
6. A teaser for Bayonetta 2 and Yoshi's Island 3 (Yoshi's New Island) were indeed shown (well, it was more like a full trailer but once again, debatable).
7. Nintendo having some sort of big third party IP exclusive that is possibly unrelated to the Sonic exclusivity. Not long ago this happened http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/31/3rd-party-exclusive-wii-u-2014/

Things wrong:

1. Third Nintendo exclusive Sonic title. 100% Wrong. They claimed that the third exclusive was a racing game made with the intent of releasing in 2013 since Mario Kart was delayed until 2014. While they were correct about Mario Kart being a 2014 title, they were not correct about Sonic, as there was no Sonic racing title announced, much less one made with the intent of filling the void for Mario Kart. My 2 guesses: Perhaps it was scrapped, or perhaps it's a load of hooey.

2. Smash Bros info, the very reason this is even being discussed. possibilities include that perhaps, just like the Mii, Mac and Pac rumor, this was some very early draft of the reveal trailer for Smash Bros. Whether it was because of Nintendo doing an E3 Direct instead of a proper stage conference, or Sakurai simply deciding not to show as much early on, this early plan may have been changed to be a smaller reveal... or of course the possibility that this is a bunch of hooey.

3. Retro's second 2014 title. Is it possible that it was planned to be shown at E3 then pulled, similar to what was rumored to have happened during E3 2012 (and all of it's NIntendo Land fireworks glory)? Possible. But one thing's for sure, we didn't see it at E3, so for the time being this is unfortunately wrong. Neither was it shown in any Nintendo Direct after E3 for the remainder of 2013.

Reason why this was brought up yet again in the first place:

We just had another rumor crop up (yesterday I believe) stating that a Nintendo Direct revealing "Year of Yoshi" is to happen on Thursday. Such a Nintendo Direct would have to be announced tomorrow. "Year of Yoshi" was another claim of this rumor. Should that turn out to be true, then that'll add an 8th thing gotten right.

1. Saying a game won't be announced AND released in less than 6 months (since Nintendo would save its announcements for E3) is not a huge guess. It takes a lot of time to develop a game and you would normally announce it around its beginning stages.

What title that you know of has been announced and released in less than a 6 month period?

(And the E3 lineup was already known before the article too, so that also has no validation)

2. The delay was already known, it even says it in the article.

3. 50% chance guess wether it was 3DS or Wii U

4. 50% chance guess wether it was a Galaxy game or not, and admittedly he got most if not all of the details of the game wrong.

5. That was also already known before the article, again the article even says it.

6. Bayonetta 2 and Yoshi's New Island were 2 big title games that had been being worked on for over a year, it was obvious that they were both going to be shown. If anything the fact that he didn't know that it would be trailers and that they would have demos with several stages (and boss fights) at E3 actually shows he didn't have information about said games.

7. Now that is an interesting point, but albeit, it's the only one it has gotten right that is worth any merit.

Basically out of 7 things that were correct. 3 were already known. One was a logical assumption that cannot even be considered a guess. Two were easy guesses that happened to come true, and even then one of the two "easy" guesses had an incredible amount of details wrong.

Only one seems to be actually of any merit.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Actually I listened to an interview with the webmaster of TSSZ, it seems like Sega in general is really messed up and is prone to changing things up. Some Sonic game had info leaked onto Steam I think and Sega basically just dumped their campaign they put money into. I believe that he probably gets early planned info most of the time. That Smash rumor was probably an early plan as you said, I can't imagine Bayonetta being in this though :/ But thing thing about Tom Nook and him seeing the invitation drop... If that Year of Yoshi thing is true and we get 3D Murasame Castle, we may as well sit back and wait for that Takamaru reveal as well.
That's highly unlikely as Sonic Boom was planned over two years ago now and Lost World and Mario&Sonic were also being made during this time as well, unless they didn't count the racing game it's unlikely it was meant to be their third exclusive.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'd be very sad if that was Samus' design on this game, her Brawl design looked both pretty and strong at the same time.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I actually fear the backlash from another Ridley absence will be considerably worse than Brawl's reaction tenfold if he doesn't get in. Ridley fans will probably not only feel annoyed, but ignored as well; an insult to injury sort of stance to many.

The backlash to King K. Rool not getting in would probably be similar to that of Ridley not getting into Brawl, and I don't even want to start on the backlash of Mewtwo not getting in. Especially given everyone is just "assuming" he's in, which is a REALLY bad idea with Sakurai. Mind you Mewtwo will most probably get in because he has slightly different circumstances (was planned for Brawl anyway), but there is still a chance of him not making it, and some people still have not learned...
Start by assuming Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo aren't in, because in all likelihood, it's not happening.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Start by assuming Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo aren't in, because in all likelihood, it's not happening.
Why do you feel Mewtwo would not be in?

He was planned for every SSB game to date (including 64) and Sakurai has actually stated that he wished he had included Mewtwo in 64 in retrospect. He only cut Mewtwo from Brawl because of time constraints (sure this makes Mewtwo the lowest priority Pokemon representative in Brawl, but he was still not meant to be cut). He was also at a Pokemon conference where someone asked if they were going to use Mewtwo's new X/Y transformation in SSB4 to which Sakurai himself jumped in and stated: "We are thinking about it".

This in no way means Mewtwo is in the game, but it sure does mean "he was thinking about Mewtwo" when creating the roster, and after noticing Mewtwo's popularity and the backlash his exclusion created, I would think Sakurai would bump him a few tiers in "priority".

I know all of that is wishful thinking, but why would you think he isn't going to be included?

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Neeeeeeeeew Metroid.

Perfect time for Ridley to be announced.

lel

"I don't care about these characters, so they're not happening." Your avatar pretty accurately describes my thoughts on your post.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Neeeeeeeeew Metroid.

Perfect time for Ridley to be announced.

lel

"I don't care about these characters, so they're not happening." Your avatar pretty accurately describes my thoughts on your post.
I think it's probably more like don't get hyped up for a character and then automatically expect them to be in, because you're only setting yourself up for disappointment if they turn out to not be in.

I think this image sums it up pretty well, but replace "game is good" and "game is ass" with "character is in" and "character is not in" respectively.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Why do you feel Mewtwo would not be in?

He was planned for every SSB game to date (including 64) and Sakurai has actually stated that he wished he had included Mewtwo in 64 in retrospect. He only cut Mewtwo from Brawl because of time constraints (sure this makes Mewtwo the lowest priority Pokemon representative in Brawl, but he was still not meant to be cut). He was also at a Pokemon conference where someone asked if they were going to use Mewtwo's new X/Y transformation in SSB4 to which Sakurai himself jumped in and stated: "We are thinking about it".

This in no way means Mewtwo is in the game, but it sure does mean "he was thinking about Mewtwo" when creating the roster, and after noticing Mewtwo's popularity and the backlash his exclusion created, I would think Sakurai would bump him a few tiers in "priority".

I know all of that is wishful thinking, but why would you think he isn't going to be included?
You were around these forums for the release of Brawl. You must remember the misplaced outrage at the "horrible 35 roster". Overblown expectations led to a shattered community, and to assume we'll get what we want invites history to repeat itself.

Actually, Ridley is the character I want most of all. Metroid is a series close to my heart, and for it to get the recognition it deserves among the Smash Bros. roster would make me overjoyed. I refuse to let myself be complacent about what I think deserves to be in the game. If the Brawl roster is anything to go by, you won't see your favourite characters; you won't get the dream roster you always wanted.

It doesn't matter, though. In January of 2008 everybody hated ROB, because he represented everything that the community thought was wrong with the game. Now, an opinion like that seems childish, doesn't it? Don't let yourself be "that guy" later this year.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Late response, but I noticed that someone said (in regards to leaking) that Serebii aka Joe would not have any information on smash this time around. I believe he does, but obviously won't ever be sharing information any time soon, or not at all this time around. He still has various insiders in relation to pokémon, considering he accidentally posted the names of legendaries, moves, and items before any were actually physically obtainable in game. Of course he removed all the pages soon after, pleading that he did not in fact post them . I'm assuming that he actually would get in trouble this time around for leaking any information, as he pleaded to the PKMN community that he "would never leak information like that, especially on accident". So I wouldn't rule serebii out just yet.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Ok so far we had based on 3 leaks 3 Eeveelutions,One was Fairy and Ice type, what was the other one that had Eevee in it?
The first of the three mentioned an "Eevee Trainer", with Sylveon, Glaceon, and Leafeon - Jigglypuff ("Pudding") was cut and a few of her moves were given to Sylveon, Glaceon had a few moves similar to Squirtle, and Glaceon played like Ivysaur for the most part (going by memory); Charizard in turn became his own slot and the other two are gone.

The second said that, among the newcomers it mentioned, one was Eevee. It was not detailed like some of the other newcomers so it is unknown if it meant just Eevee or Eeveelutions.

And of course, the third leak we got today, where it mentions about the Pokemon Trainer being revamped with new Pokemon, one of which is Fairy-type and another of which was thought to be Ice-type. Both types of which are represented in the Eeveelutions and coordinates with the first and less-so with the second but still enough to make it curious.

What we really need to check, though, are the predictions themselves, if they match up or not. I'd go look for the posts but I'm on mobile, so that'd be kinda hard and time-consuming for me to do at the moment.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
all these fake leaks and I am just looking for one that gives me reggie at E3, even thought that probably isn't happening. Can't wait for Thursday though.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Ok so far we had based on 3 leaks 3 Eeveelutions,One was Fairy and Ice type, what was the other one that had Eevee in it?
Well, the Mjardo leak implied an Eeveelution, at least I think so. See, it mentions Ice and Fairy as different Pokemon. This could easily be Gen 5 and 6's Eeveelutions, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Well, the Mjardo leak implied an Eeveelution, at least I think so. See, it mentions Ice and Fairy as different Pokemon. This could easily be Gen 5 and 6's Eeveelutions, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon.
Which would actually be quite relevant Pokemon-wise since we'd assume we'd get a rep from Gen 5, perhaps Gen 6 instead, but rather than either we get both in the form of the ever-popular Eevee and his Gen 5 and 6 versions.

Sounds legit, exactly something Sakurai would do.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Remake of what?

Edit: I can see Sylveon being in the game. It is more or less the Lucario of Gen VI, if you think about it.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

Anyone see this yet? Haven't seen it talked about in the last 2 pages. Doesn't look at real as Falco or Palutena. But figured I'd share.
This is a brawl fan made skin, we even talked about it in the zero suit samus thread. Really guys, you cant keep buying every image as a leak without looking in threads we have where these kinds of things have been in for ages.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Remake of what?

Edit: I can see Sylveon being in the game. It is more or less the Lucario of Gen VI, if you think about it.
For As The Frog Bells? Haha, I can't exactly remember, sorry for botching the name BluePikmin. :p

But basically, he's referring to Prince Sable's game (Japan-only, retro; BP asked him about it in the thread and that's his response) supposedly getting a remake alongside a new Mysterious Murasame Castle, justifying Prince Sable and Takamaru as newcomer retros.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Remake of what?

Sylveon's the OG Fairy type. It'll be in the game in some form.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
BluePikmin, with all due respect, I think your love of the character is really blinding you to the fact that this is merely another leak among many with absolutely nothing more credible about it than any other one. You are likely setting yourself up for major disappointment here.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
For As The Frog Bells? Haha, I can't exactly remember, sorry for botching the name BluePikmin. :p

But basically, he's referring to Prince Sable's game (Japan-only, retro; BP asked him about it in the thread and that's his response) supposedly getting a remake alongside a new Mysterious Murasame Castle, justifying Prince Sable and Takamaru as newcomer retros.
Actually, the rumor states, more accurately, that Prince Sable is in with at least one other, unspecified retro. He/She states that one of the retros (not specifying FTFTBT) will have a remake or reboot of some sort that their smash appearance is based off of.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Sylveon's the OG Fairy type. It'll be in the game in some form.
I don't know, they could use Jigglypuff as the Fairy-type rep in Smash. I would gladly take Sylveon over Jigglypuff, though. It is the only eeveelution I actually care about.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
BluePikmin, with all due respect, I think your love of the character is really blinding you to the fact that this is merely another leak among many with absolutely nothing more credible about it than any other one. You are likely setting yourself up for major disappointment here.
Like I said, I'm taking this with grains of salt, because it does have my favorite character of all time. Although Sable makes it very suspicious and it makes it somewhat believable.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Like I said, I'm taking this with grains of salt, because it does have my favorite character of all time. Although Sable makes it very suspicious and it makes it somewhat believable.
Nope, it doesn't.

Anyone can be creative enough to include him.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Not going to go on the propaganda train though. :p
I'll just wait patiently and see what happens.
Normally "leakers" would go for the popular characters that are on Smashboards here.
But this one's pretty different. He is either telling the truth or just a big fat Nintendo enthusiast.

Shroob

Sup?
Not going to go on the propaganda train though. :p
I'll just wait patiently and see what happens.
Normally "leakers" would go for the popular characters that are on Smashboards here.
But this one's pretty different. He is either telling the truth or just a big fat Nintendo enthusiast.
Or.... He could just be trying to make himself sound believable by throwing out a character from left field like the guy who said Jill Dozer was playable. Just because someone picks an obscure retro character doesn't make them believable in the slightest.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Or.... He could just be trying to make himself sound believable by throwing out a character from left field like the guy who said Jill Dozer was playable. Just because someone picks an obscure retro character doesn't make them believable in the slightest.
Yes I know. ;)
That's another possibility too.
Edit: I think I recall that "leaker" saying that Jill was a "retro" newcomer, which made me really skeptical on that leak.
But I mainly wanna see if the Eevee thing connects at all.

Last edited:

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
This isn't actually the first I've heard of a rumour about Prince Sable being in Smash Bros...
I think it was a 2chan list or something like that.

RODO

Smash Ace
Any 'leaked" pics that have a Wii U or 3DS border are automatically dismissed by me. I don't think Sakurai has a bunch of pics lined up just waiting to be shown like that. He probably sets it up that day or the day before.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
This isn't actually the first I've heard of a rumour about Prince Sable being in Smash Bros...
I think it was a 2chan list or something like that.
Yeah, but that leak had too many random popular characters to even be true, Krystal, Ghirahim was there. Just like every other regular Smash Bros. fan would have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom