• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'd say we'll probably only get Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze. Someone (forget who) made a really good point about King K. Rool and Tropical Freeze. If he were to be revealed and he turns out to be in the game (doubtful, but you never know), it would be a huge spoiler for Tropical Freeze fans. If he's not in the game, then it'd be silly to use him to promote it. If anything, if King K. Rool makes it in at all he'll be E3 material in my opinion, similar to Mewtwo and even Ridley if he gets in.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
About King K. Rool.

Check out that bad guy in Tropical Freeze, the Walrus. He has the same bodyshape as Rool. When the Penguin sees the Kongs, he alarms the Walrus, and the Walrus laughs, as if he has a grudge against them. He then immediately attacks the Island and Kong, claiming their bananas, and puts his Boat (pretty similar to King K. Rool's first final battle) on the top of the Island.
I am seriously 50/50 at that guy being King K. Rool is disquise. Plus, doesn't Rool love to dress differently in different games? ^^ And, Nintendo loves their spoilers nowdays. I can totally see them revealing that the Walrus IS Rool, and after that, reveal him in Smash. Kinda like Rosalina in 3D World soon leading to her in Smash.

I want Cranky, but I have suspects about Rool nowdays.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
This thread keeps re-posting the same fake leaks we've settled already.

If you're new here and think you've found a leak, check a few pages before to see if we've already cracked it. Or use logic and ask yourself "does this look real."

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
About King K. Rool.

Check out that bad guy in Tropical Freeze, the Walrus. He has the same bodyshape as Rool. When the Penguin sees the Kongs, he alarms the Walrus, and the Walrus laughs, as if he has a grudge against them. He then immediately attacks the Island and Kong, claiming their bananas, and puts his Boat (pretty similar to King K. Rool's first final battle) on the top of the Island.
I am seriously 50/50 at that guy being King K. Rool is disquise. Plus, doesn't Rool love to dress differently in different games? ^^ And, Nintendo loves their spoilers nowdays. I can totally see them revealing that the Walrus IS Rool, and after that, reveal him in Smash. Kinda like Rosalina in 3D World soon leading to her in Smash.

I want Cranky, but I have suspects about Rool nowdays.
Interesting theory, but I doubt that will happen

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Interesting theory, but I doubt that will happen
Me too, kinda. But there ARE plenty of things that makes it very possible. ^^ And luckily, we should find out pretty soon. I am sure there will be at least one new DK character, but I kinda don't want it to be Dixie. Cranky and Rool feels so much more unique. ._. Yes, Dixie adds a well-needed female, but Rool adds a well-needed bad guy, and Cranky would be our very first Old character~

@ obeymalleo obeymalleo
As awesome as that is, I Believe Mods have said we better stop posting obvious things and such (though I realise that is a joke). But still.
We need more Luigis! Luiginairy FTW!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I see these fake leaks are getting into the territory of bad quality again... :facepalm: It's quite sickening when it's too easy to debunk something. And... what happened to the OP?

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Me too, kinda. But there ARE plenty of things that makes it very possible. ^^ And luckily, we should find out pretty soon. I am sure there will be at least one new DK character, but I kinda don't want it to be Dixie. Cranky and Rool feels so much more unique. ._. Yes, Dixie adds a well-needed female, but Rool adds a well-needed bad guy, and Cranky would be our very first Old character~

@ obeymalleo obeymalleo
As awesome as that is, I Believe Mods have said we better stop posting obvious things and such (though I realise that is a joke). But still.
We need more Luigis! Luiginairy FTW!
Heh heh, didn't know about the whole mods thing. BUT, I did get it from my friend's dad who's an intern at Bandai Namco.
:troll:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Smashboardians, I have some great info on Smash Bros. Wii U/ 3DS. As you may have known, I recently leaked Mega Luigi as a newcomer. But, I have info on some surprising newcomers.

Newcomers include:
Bacon Man
Wii Classic Controller
Nunchuck Guy and Wiimote (Sakurai made a joke with this character that was a tribute to Rosalina and Luma, and Pikmin and Olimar.)
Reggie weilding a bowl of ramen
A leak (literally, a vegetable joins the roster!)
Dr. Altoids
Goku (Sakurai got rights to the DBZ anime, and games; that will be revealed at a Nintendo Direct, no joke!)
Ashley (when Ashley is revealed, Alfonzo will take the place of her assist trophy.)
Palutena (the two leaked images were true, and Alfonzo also takes the place of that statue on the new Kid Icarus Uprising stage on the Wii U)

Well, there you have it! It sounds silly, I am aware of that. However, this is the last Smash game, and Sakurai wants unique characters, so he came up with this. If you want more info about the game, feel free to talk to me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Smashboardians, I have some great info on Smash Bros. Wii U/ 3DS. As you may have known, I recently leaked Mega Luigi as a newcomer. But, I have info on some surprising newcomers.

Newcomers include:
Bacon Man
Wii Classic Controller
Nunchuck Guy and Wiimote (Sakurai made a joke with this character that was a tribute to Rosalina and Luma, and Pikmin and Olimar.)
Reggie weilding a bowl of ramen
A leak (literally, a vegetable joins the roster!)
Dr. Altoids
Goku (Sakurai got rights to the DBZ anime, and games; that will be revealed at a Nintendo Direct, no joke!)
Ashley (when Ashley is revealed, Alfonzo will take the place of her assist trophy.)
Palutena (the two leaked images were true, and Alfonzo also takes the place of that statue on the new Kid Icarus Uprising stage on the Wii U)

Well, there you have it! It sounds silly, I am aware of that. However, this is the last Smash game, and Sakurai wants unique characters, so he came up with this. If you want more info about the game, feel free to talk to me.
...I'm not convinced.
...How does Sakurai cook his bacon?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We need a separate thread for fake and parody leaks.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
We need a separate thread for fake and parody leaks.
Agreed. I want to have a thread where leaks that are just jokes seperate from this thread. It irritates me when we run through a dry period and then we get these leaks that can't even be called such.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I feel like the leaks with King K.Rool are all false. I don't think he's making it into the game. The more time that goes by with DK games featuring no K.Rool the more I feel like he's turning into a "Geno". I feel like K.Rool is becoming the new "Geno" in terms of revelance not in terms of 3rd party junk. Ridley is on his way to becoming a Geno too. but Ridley is actually in Metroid games I just feel like he is a fan favorite that will never make it in just because Sakurai says.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I think the thing with this dry period is, and this has been stated before, is that after the Palutena leak, all the fakers know darn well that they can't come up with a fake that good, and so, they aren't really trying anymore.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I feel like the leaks with King K.Rool are all false. I don't think he's making it into the game. The more time that goes by with DK games featuring no K.Rool the more I feel like he's turning into a "Geno". I feel like K.Rool is becoming the new "Geno" in terms of revelance not in terms of 3rd party junk. Ridley is on his way to becoming a Geno too. but Ridley is actually in Metroid games I just feel like he is a fan favorite that will never make it in just because Sakurai says.
Muh relevance. K Rool is one of the only viable villains left from an under represented series.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I suppose being unique is completely hidden by the fact that K. Rool hasn't appeared in a game in 6 years, huh?
Obviously Sakurai doesn't care about unique characters, ESPECIALLY in a game where he's adding characters like Mega Man and Rosalina. Relevance is all that matters and all that ever will matter.
#ObviousSarcasm. Listen buddy, comparing K. Rool and Ridley to Geno is an insult to their character. While Geno is not important to the Mario franchise, the characters you mentioned are extremely important to their respective franchises. Geno never had a chance, but I have a hard time believing that Sakurai has never even considered either of the two characters.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
King K. Rool and Ridley are far from being the "Geno." King K. Rool did miss Returns but the character is still more important to his series and made appearances in spinoffs before taking a break, he's also one of the most popular requests in not only the west, but in Japan as well. Ridley's comparison is even worse as he has appeared in the most recent Metroid game, had an important role in a majority of them and is one of the most popular requests in the west.

Geno was just a one-shot character that has no relevance or importance to his series and while decently popular didn't make that much a splash, especially now where his popularity has faded.

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
Guys, my friend at Namco Bandai told me the realse date for the game is 2024 because they want to fit every character ever into the game. Because of this, my friend predicts this game will be the new Duke Nukem Forever.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I suppose being unique is completely hidden by the fact that K. Rool hasn't appeared in a game in 6 years, huh?
Obviously Sakurai doesn't care about unique characters, ESPECIALLY in a game where he's adding characters like Mega Man and Rosalina. Relevance is all that matters and all that ever will matter.
#ObviousSarcasm. Listen buddy, comparing K. Rool and Ridley to Geno is an insult to their character. While Geno is not important to the Mario franchise, the characters you mentioned are extremely important to their respective franchises. Geno never had a chance, but I have a hard time believing that Sakurai has never even considered either of the two characters.
Yea your right but being unique I don't think does very much to a character. It's possible for every character to be unique so I don't see that alone warranting a character spot. If I see a leak with K.Rool I see it as highly unlikely. You're right Geno really didn't having a chance. As of late K.Rool isn't important to the DK series. Nintendo seems to forget their past characters when they deem them "done". Like the Starfox series and F-Zero. So if K.Rool is "done" then I don't see them bringing him into smash. Usually the characters they bring in have some kind of potential in an upcoming game unless the series is "done" like Wolf. That or they are deemed "retro". The series was finished but they added Wolf when the series was "done". The DK series seems to be moving on without K.Rool. so leaks I see with him in it I don't think are very viable.

Muh relevance. K Rool is one of the only viable villains left from an under represented series.
I don't see the DK series as under represented. At least in the Brawl era. Now I think the only character they should add to that series is Dixie or maybe Funky.
King K. Rool and Ridley are far from being the "Geno." King K. Rool did miss Returns but the character is still more important to his series and made appearances in spinoffs before taking a break, he's also one of the most popular requests in not only the west, but in Japan as well. Ridley's comparison is even worse as he has appeared in the most recent Metroid game, had an important role in a majority of them and is one of the most popular requests in the west.

Geno was just a one-shot character that has no relevance or importance to his series and while decently popular didn't make that much a splash, especially now where his popularity has faded.

Edit: Ninja'd
When I say like a "Geno" I mean a popular character with a low likely hood. Not unlikely for any specific reason as in relevant to the series but it could be for any reason. K.Rool I think isn't being added because he doesn't seem very relevant to the series lately. It's been seven years since he's even been in a spin-off let alone a main game. The DK series has had 2 main games since then and K.Rool is nowhere to be found. (unless he is in TF) The DK series seems like its going to move on from K.Rool unless they do some kind of throwback game with him as the main villain. Ridley is very relevant but for design purposes and being true to the character design, I think that they won't have some gigantic walking hurt box as a character. But I mean they could shrink him but that would probably look weird for a normally big enemy like that. I think a boss battle is the best we will get with him. So by Geno I mean a character that has been requested for several games but has never made it in for some reason. And with each smash incarnation the likely hood of the character decreases.

TL;DR RELEVANCE! AND BEING TRUE TO THE DESIGN! thats why I don't believe the Ridley, K.Rool leaks

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Guys, my friend at Namco Bandai told me the realse date for the game is 2024 because they want to fit every character ever into the game. Because of this, my friend predicts this game will be the new Duke Nukem Forever.
My friend said it'll be the day before rapture. But it'll be the best game you've ever played.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
While another thread would help filter the nonsense out of this one, the mods don't endorse the posting of purposely fake/joke leaks, so for the time being there will be no thread dedicated to that.

With that in mind, please refrain from posting those type of leaks in this thread as well.

And yes, I know the OP is messed up. I'm working on it. Thanks. ;)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
This thread was much more fun when 99% wasn't just THIS sort of leaks. :/

So, anyone actually has what may be a REAL leak, or so? Not even a terrible gamefaqs leak?

NWRL

Smash Ace
New leak... Seems really legit.

roster

Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Samus
Kirby
Ness
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Pikachu
Fox
Link

Newcomers

Ricky
Julian
Bubbles
Barbara
Jim. Lahey + Randy tag team

Assist Trophies

Cory & Trevor (sit in middle of stge dn do nothing)
Bubbles' pet cougar (mauls enemis)
****ty Bill (trash talk simlar too reseti, anoy players)
**** Hawk (drop piss jugs and swoop down an atk)

Phil Collins almos get in bt scrapped, would hve ben heviest on roster

All other ip & char get cut & sold so tht ninty cud corporate trailer park boy
i ****in lost it at lahey and RANDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
While another thread would help filter the nonsense out of this one, the mods don't endorse the posting of purposely fake/joke leaks, so for the time being there will be no thread dedicated to that.

With that in mind, please refrain from posting those type of leaks in this thread as well.

And yes, I know the OP is messed up. I'm working on it. Thanks. ;)
Welp, can't blame a man for trying...

Dan

Smash Lord
Here's the thing about the Dojo updates disproving leaks; couldn't Sakurai just post any update, at any time. I mean, they aren't hard to make, and he probably has them already prepared. Like he could've just thrown out Lucario, unscheduled, to disprove the Translator leak.

I know it's not very professional, but I would rather see/discuss some bad leaks than have a postless thread. I do understand no more silly leaks though.

Last edited by a moderator:

RODO

Smash Ace
I guess I will be the first to tear up new guys leak. All this complaining about fake photoshopped leaks yet everyone ignores the one we get last night :psycho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom