• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Giga Mac was in Punch Out!! for the Wii's multiplayer. It makes sense to use it.
The Wii hath proved me wrong again. I would've done more of a Close Combat (For those Pokemon People who know that) style Smash, buuuuuuuut since i didn't even think Punch Out had a Wii title, that's my bad.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I would say the Most disappointing part of smash bros is Megaman's leaf shield it is without a doubt the most useless move in the whole series. So sad to see something that hinders a character so much in smash. I can't believe it got past testing...

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
- I really dislike the fact that a TON of veterans just reuse their brawl (some cases melee) voice-clips. I've heard those clips too much, and now i'll have to listen to them for another 5-6 years.

- wolf got cut

- And the obligatory: no ridley :(

But other than that the game looks amazing.

Viper Bite

Smash Rookie
The ledges being too grabbable. When it looks like my character won't make it, it unnaturally magnetizes to it. This contributes to the problem with too much longevity. No more ledge hogging is fine, but the magnetizing irks me a little.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Dark Pit (being a clone) Dr. Mario (being a clone)
No Mewtwo, No Ridley

I still absolutely love the game though.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
- Mega Man's specials are really underwhelming.
- Sound effects and voices reused from brawl are also very underwhelming. Along with a lot of reused Final Smashes, it makes the game feel less new and more rehashy than it should.

Those are some specific issues I have off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
Although I personally believe that Smash Bros 3ds/Wii u is the best smash game yet, I honestly believe that the entire smash community would agree if it wasn’t for one combination of issues. The new ledge mechanic + Large Blast zones. Both are great ideas on their own but together they are awful. This combination of issues are why its so difficult to kill anyone. The large blast zones prevent you from killing your opponent until they are at least 100-150% (with the exception of a few moves). now this wouldn’t be an issue if ledge grabbing was how it was in Brawl or Melee. cause most of the time, I see situations where people would have lost a stock if it wasn’t for the new ledge grab mechanic. here is a perfect example >Click< of this ledge grab mechanic saving someone, when they deserved to lose that stock.
Now let me Mention, I LOVE this new ledge mechanic as it allows so characters with bad/predictable recoveries to be less prone to being gimped and as I said above the combination of this and the larger blast zones make is ridiculously hard to kill someone. The best way to remedy the ledge grab mechanic would be to make blast zones smaller, which would make it more difficult for the opponent to make it back to the stage seeing as you would die at a much lower %’s, maybe about 70-90% so you pretty much wouldn’t have the opportunity to make it back unless you DI / Vectored correctly.
I think they should have gone with one or the other, but Sakurai had to go with both, which can make the game a headache sometimes. The game is still incredibly early in its life, new technology could be found that allows for easier kills. Like the Rage Mechanic, but for now all we can do is hope that Sakurai finds a way to address one of these problematic issues in a possible future patch.

This is really my only issue with the game.

Last edited:

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
This may have been said a few times, but Smash Run looks fun, but part of it kinda disappoints me :(
  • First off, lack of online play
  • Second of all, no customization when it comes to the final battle. Can't choose the type of final battle, can't increase the time limit from 1 minute
  • Finally, some of the enemies look stupidly OP, as in they take too long to kill and/or they do far too much damage (my opinion on this may change, don't actually have the game yet so I'm restricted to looking at gameplay videos).

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
-No shiny Charizard
-No shiny Lucario
-No Sonic Boom alt for Sonic
-No Hyrule Warriors alt for Link
-Its not out yet

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
This may have been said a few times, but Smash Run looks fun, but part of it kinda disappoints me :(
  • First off, lack of online play
  • Second of all, no customization when it comes to the final battle. Can't choose the type of final battle, can't increase the time limit from 1 minute
  • Finally, some of the enemies look stupidly OP, as in they take too long to kill and/or they do far too much damage (my opinion on this may change, don't actually have the game yet so I'm restricted to looking at gameplay videos).
Actually, the fact that you can't customize or extend the final battle really bugs me too. I think you can extend the time you run around in the maze to 7 minutes (Unless that's a feature that I dreamt up) but not being bale to choose which final battle you get really bugs me. Even more so it bugs me that you can't extend the time. At LEAST make it two minutes instead of 1 minute. 1 minute feels WAY too short.

Blucario

Smash Rookie
I don't have any friends that play smash so I've played the demo alone and the AI isn't better than Brawl maybe just a little. They do a lot of things that normal players wouldn't and they tend to copy things i do. So I'm dissapointed.
I was one of the few people that liked taunt battles in Brawl and I know that it ruins the meaning of the game and blah blah blah but I was hoping Sakurai would fix it and make a taunt battle mode in Online Mode but nooo.
Lucas got cut! He is a more unique clone of Ness than Falco is of Fox. Atleast he could've made him an alternative costume.
Lucina and Dark Pit could've been alternative costumes but nooo they have a few differences.. it's not like Lucas had any..
Way too many bad returning stages and not a lot of secret fighters.
I hope you can play stock mode online with anyone.. if not I'm just gonna agree that this is Brawl 2.0

Last edited:

sageoflight

Smash Cadet
I'm really disappointed they didn't change a lot of bad final smashes (Jigglypuffs, Yoshi's, etc) and made Sheik and Zelda have the same FS.

Also sad that:
- Ice Climbers got cut
- Smash Run lacks online play
- Megaman isn't as good compared to the other characters (not that he's a bad character though)
- Ganondorf is still a semi-clone of Falcon

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Though I don't have the game yet; but from the things I seen and heard:

- Local play lagging more than online play
- No online Smash run
- Lack of options like smash run times and items toggle
- Lack of alternate costumes to represent a different character that are similar in their series

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
I like the new edge mechanics. I still like that ganon is still a falclone. Only thing i miss is wavedashing as I play luigi.

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
Only three complains:

-Lack of Events.
-Lack of Stages.
-Wayyyy to many characters at the start. Do like 20 or something! Sheesh!

I've been playing Smash for nearly and hour, and the only thing I'm legit disappointed about is that the announcer doesn't shout "SUPER SMAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERS!" at game launch.

Everything else is RAD.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
No JP language option baww

Renanri

Smash Cadet
NNID
RuriAri
3DS FC
1049-1229-2048
Hopefully this problem alleviates itself... but I get horrible input lag on For Glory mode. Hopefully it's just the servers being slightly overloaded... >.<

D

Deleted member 245254

Hopefully this problem alleviates itself... but I get horrible input lag on For Glory mode. Hopefully it's just the servers being slightly overloaded... >.<
That's you or your opponents connection. It's P2P, it's not the server.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I'm super disappointed they removed Sonic's "you're too slow" taunt.

That's it though

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I'm super disappointed they removed Sonic's "you're too slow" taunt.

That's it though
Wait wait.

That taunt was hilarious, and had cult meme status.

Why take that out?

Prolly lost a contract or two and nintendo was like "ehn it's just sonic, who cares."

Or they were like "IT'S TOO MEAN IT MIGHT OFFEND THE TODDLER PLAYERS LETS CENSOR IT LIKE PEACHES UPDRESS"

Last edited:

Spirst

Wait wait.

Why take that out?

Prolly lost a contract or two and nintendo was like "ehn it's just sonic, who cares."

Or they were like "IT'S TOO MEAN IT MIGHT OFFEND THE TODDLER PLAYERS LETS CENSOR IT LIKE PEACHES UPDRESS"
Sonic has a new voice actor. Rather, it's the guy voicing him in the Sonic games right now: Roger Craig Smith. I personally liked Jason Griffith better. Sonic's lines are mostly taken from the games where Roger voices him so I guess that line wasn't in there. Sucks, I know.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Wait wait.

Why take that out?

i'll go with the first option he's pretty much a 3rd party tag along.

Brango

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brang0
3DS FC
2750-1590-3967
Honestly I love the game but these are just nitpicks.
1) Falco STILL has the land master
2) Dark Pit doesn't have a moveset based on Uprising
3) No online Smash Run
4) No cinematic intro, which is surprising cuz of all the efforts put towards the character reveal trailers
5) Why have Dr. Mario return from Melee and not Mewtwo?
6) Fox's voice when he says "Landmaster!" Lol, it's kinda funny

Well that's it for now. Again, this is just me nitpicking at the game. I got this at Nintendo World Center and still living every minute of it :)

Brango

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brang0
3DS FC
2750-1590-3967
I only have one real complaint.

I ****ing hate the black background on the CSS and SSS. Even with all the placement issues and stuff, the fact that the background for the CSS and SSS is black really clashes with the white backgrounds seen everywhere else.
Yes!!! I agree. When I first saw it, I thought it was just a beta version of it. I just wished it had some design to it. But I'm sure the WiiU version will come with superior CSS and SSS

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Falco's voice actors are horible! Fox sounds like he just hit puberty and falco isn't from boston anymore... Also falco's voice actor sounds like he came on the job smoked. I hope starfox Wii U doesn't include either of them.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
No online smash run...

Really disappointing. It would've made a really fun mode to play online.

No slot for Fierce Deity link. So Dark pit is basically Pit wearing black clothes. But god forbid any other character gets their own slot. Look at Bowser JR. Hes literally 8 characters in one slot.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
My problem is the have is the whole "for 3ds/wii u" thing on the boxart. It just doesn't look right imo.
My problems in game is that some single player modes didn't make it in. Maybe they will make it for wii u?

Brango

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brang0
3DS FC
2750-1590-3967
Fox and Falco's voice actors are horible! Fox sounds like he just hit puberty and falco isn't from boston anymore... Also falco's voice actor sounds like he came on the job smoked. I hope starfox Wii U doesn't include either of them.
When I first heard Fox's voice in this, I paused the game, and walked down the river rethinking my life

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
I don't really have a complaint about the game(being that I'm a lone wolf in gaming anyway, so the lack of Online Smash Run really isn't an issue) but what does disappoint me is the Smash's community's disappointment of the game(not getting what they wanted) and uh...my disappointment.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Relative lack of hitstun (in comparison to Melee) and too huge blastzones.

The game's a lot better than I expected though<3

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Now that I have the game in my possession, there's one very simple reason I'm disappointed that trumps all other reasons:

No CPP support. I feel like I can't adequately learn or adapt to any of the characters because I can't ****ing do a goddamn aerial consistently. I can't see myself taking the 3DS version seriously without some option for a C-stick alternative.

D

Deleted member

1. No Isaac/Golden Sun! WTH?!
2. Dark Pit... ughhgugughgugghhh...
3. No online Smash Run!
4. Music selection should've had more content.

But, at least three of the problems can be fixed with future DLC or downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom