• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Yeah there really seems to be a lot of things missing in the game. So ****ing stupid. Makes me REALLY REALLY wish the 3DS version didn't exist. You can tell they half-assed it. I ASSUME, and HOPE that the Wii U version will be like a proper Smash game and have at least as much content as Brawl... Like simple **** like stage builder, events and FREQUENCY FOR ITEMS. And all the other things like playing with big, fast, metal characters etc. I had no idea the 3DS version was so lackluster.

WhuTom

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-9000-8776
1) Some stages: The NES mute city just looks odd for me, bit of a write off. Brinstar is just terrible. Mushroomy Kingdom has to die. Slightly off topic but have they cut Frigate Orpheon and Brinstar Depths (SSBB version) or will they appear in the Wii U version?

2) Dark Pit. I didn't get on the SSB4 hype train 'til late in the ride so I didn't have the ooh-ahh about potential characters but learning we have Dark Pit when we could've had Isaac or Ridley irks me. DP should've been a gimmicky character like the Koopalings.

3) I suck with most characters ATM and it's quite frustrating. The lvl 9 CPUs don't mess around. But I'm sure I can change that soon :)

No massive complaints, haven't formed a detailed opinion of the game yet.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Yellow Devil. I normally don't mind stage hazards, but jesus H christ YD is the most obnoxious thing. He takes up half the stage, he's usually firing or moving, he sticks around for ages...

It he wasn't so big or if the stage itself were larger, this wouldn't be a problem, but YD is a huge pain in the ass right now.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I think it's quite silly that you can't see the next page of the achievements until you got all of the previous ones. And THEN you get like 15 in a row because you already met the conditions. >_>

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
Almost all of the Mii fighters' moves seem to put you in a helpless state because they count as a "movement" skill. It took me far, far longer to get friggen Ness than it should have because half the time I use a side-b and fly right over him and fall to my death. I wouldn't mind so much, only it takes Little Mac's issue of overlaunching his attack and jumping off the ledge and ramps it up to 11 because even Mii Brawler's b neutral charge punch can put you in a helpless state- I actually died using the thing in mid air, missed, and fell to my death because I was tapped. thankfully I've gotten better and more cautious around edges, but it was just so jarring to have that happen.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Biggest disappointment. STILL don't have the game. Two more hours....

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Falcondorf.

The least justified clone in Smash history(:4lucina::4darkpit: :4drmario: and even:pichumelee: are more justified clones choices) is still a fire trucking clone. I can't imagine any reason for Ganondorf to still be a clone other than pleasing his mains(which is BS since Smash has had drastic changes to characters before, including paying respect to source material:4bowser::4pit::4yoshi::4luigi::4olimar:Etc)
At this point, I believe that Sakurai just doesn't like Ganondorf. Keeping him as a clone was just lazy and disrespectful.
I was going to read the whole thread before posting. But as a Ganonbrawl main I have to disagree. Falcondorf is disrespectful to the Zelda Series, to the Smash Series and to Sakurai himself. The Nerfs and the pathetic drive to keep Falcondorf alive could be taken as proof that Sakurai is completely biased despite anything he tries to say.

Anything I say about my salty complaints from now on should be taken with a grain of salt since I don't even have a 3ds.
I was going to buy one, but currently, i might as well buy a Wii U and a damn GC controller already.

I'm severely disappointed with how the game turned out.
It does not have a good online mode where you can have a good 1v1 .
(For Fun is FFA, Time Based and has items. For Glory is a mockery of the competitive community. It doesn't even have a Battlefield version, or as I would call, Alpha version to complement FD's Omega variants. Nice try though.)
Smash Run is not online either.
Custom Moves share the equipment slot, and is therefore banned online due to possible abuses. Because after all these menu pics of the day, turns out Sakurai and his team messed up and got the hypest gameplay addition in the game banned online. Good grief.
Bosses are meant to appear in games with plot or an adventure mode. Mid match? No. Thanks for banning Wily's Castle in all reasonable rulesets, Yellow Devil.
Characters that desperately needed buffs or even remakes didn't got em, but Pit? Sure, why not. Ike, Ganon and Samus players don't need buffs. In fact, give 'em a whack with the nerf bat. (Samus might be an exception.)

Speaking of characters, Falcondorf must be allowed to die. The only punch I saw Ganondorf doing was in his execution attempt in TP. (and it looks so much like a flameless Flame Choke that I'm not really sure)
Ganondorf always used Sword, Magic, both or High Cholesterol Pork to attack in the Zelda Series, it's not even justifiable.
Ike can't even have his brawl boxing style because they took it from him.

Little Mac had the potential to be top tier. He was even designed off a good idea and actually play with a solid counter style like in Punch-Out. The catch? ****ed up execution. Mac has no air game. In smash. Which is the most air focused fighting game in the world. He doesn't even have good edgeguard options and I'm pretty sure he's lacking in combos too since all of his moves have insane knockback. Basically, Mac is a boxer who can't keep momentum. And anyone who knows about boxing can tell you that without momentum you're not winning anything. Not to mention that Slip Counter is his best recovery move. F**king ******** if you ask me.

Clones. Sakurai took 'em from Melee to port them to Smash 4. The world makes sense again.
Lucina is inexcusable. She's basically a nerfed Marth. If her attacks were damaging, I'd say it's ok, but she deals 1% more damage on average than Marth... Hitting with the middle of his sword. Lame excuse is lame.
Regarding lame excuses, "Chrom won't get in because he would be too similar to Marth." Lucina is announced.
Mr. Sakurai, fire your PR staff.
Dark Pit had potential to be an good character. KI:U had enough moves for everyone. Too bad Palutena got most of 'em.
Not justifiable. At all. I know that advertising your previous work in a crossover is cool, especially if it's a good game. But you went completely overboard.

Regarding cuts, Snake was kinda expected. (Even though I didn't like it.) Wolf and Lucas? Not ok, at all. Lucas only had the same Special Names and Final Smash of Ness. Nothing else. Completely different gameplay and style. Not to mention that MOTHER is big in Japan or so I've heard. I'll never know. No export for me.
Wolf's removal was absurd. The most iconic and quotable Starfox villain got cut while Star Fox U is in development. Really smart.
Mewtwo is probably a lost cause at this point. Maybe Sakurai ran out of Ultra Balls, Maybe he didn't read the crazy **** he does in the manga with a spoon, (Which was a great possibility for a spacing character) Maybe he doesn't know Mega Mewtwo X is awesomely cool. Who knows. At this point, I don't even expect him anymore.

The Ice Climbers was a sad case. And I hate them. (Brawldorf main, that was a worse match-up than MK)
Ok, technical problems happen. Which leads to my next point, Why not make it exclusive to the New 3DS if you had framerate issues? No Johns. A fighting game needs to have fluid 60 FPS gameplay or it's screwed. No way around it. Not to mention it was a dumb idea from a commercial view.

We can only pick 2 songs per stage and the 3DS cartridge is not even half-full. Why not at least give us the option to use songs stored in the SD card? It's not an issue because we can use headphones to contain the sound if someone finds the song offensive.

Not to mention that all that free space and the cuts the developing team made for space and compatibility only mean one thing. Loads and loads of DLC. Despicable.

We may not make games. But we know when something's bad, and with the resources the development team had, we could've done better. At least hear the fan base before doing the DLC.

Warning: Salt filled wall of text above.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I was going to read the whole thread before posting. But as a Ganonbrawl main I have to disagree. Falcondorf is disrespectful to the Zelda Series, to the Smash Series and to Sakurai himself. The Nerfs and the pathetic drive to keep Falcondorf alive could be taken as proof that Sakurai is completely biased despite anything he tries to say.

Anything I say about my salty complaints from now on should be taken with a grain of salt since I don't even have a 3ds.
I was going to buy one, but currently, i might as well buy a Wii U and a damn GC controller already.

I'm severely disappointed with how the game turned out.
It does not have a good online mode where you can have a good 1v1 .
(For Fun is FFA, Time Based and has items. For Glory is a mockery of the competitive community. It doesn't even have a Battlefield version, or as I would call, Alpha version to complement FD's Omega variants. Nice try though.)
Smash Run is not online either.
Custom Moves share the equipment slot, and is therefore banned online due to possible abuses. Because after all these menu pics of the day, turns out Sakurai and his team messed up and got the hypest gameplay addition in the game banned online. Good grief.
Bosses are meant to appear in games with plot or an adventure mode. Mid match? No. Thanks for banning Wily's Castle in all reasonable rulesets, Yellow Devil.
Characters that desperately needed buffs or even remakes didn't got em, but Pit? Sure, why not. Ike, Ganon and Samus players don't need buffs. In fact, give 'em a whack with the nerf bat. (Samus might be an exception.)

Speaking of characters, Falcondorf must be allowed to die. The only punch I saw Ganondorf doing was in his execution attempt in TP. (and it looks so much like a flameless Flame Choke that I'm not really sure)
Ganondorf always used Sword, Magic, both or High Cholesterol Pork to attack in the Zelda Series, it's not even justifiable.
Ike can't even have his brawl boxing style because they took it from him.

Little Mac had the potential to be top tier. He was even designed off a good idea and actually play with a solid counter style like in Punch-Out. The catch? ****ed up execution. Mac has no air game. In smash. Which is the most air focused fighting game in the world. He doesn't even have good edgeguard options and I'm pretty sure he's lacking in combos too since all of his moves have insane knockback. Basically, Mac is a boxer who can't keep momentum. And anyone who knows about boxing can tell you that without momentum you're not winning anything. Not to mention that Slip Counter is his best recovery move. F**king ******** if you ask me.

Clones. Sakurai took 'em from Melee to port them to Smash 4. The world makes sense again.
Lucina is inexcusable. She's basically a nerfed Marth. If her attacks were damaging, I'd say it's ok, but she deals 1% more damage on average than Marth... Hitting with the middle of his sword. Lame excuse is lame.
Regarding lame excuses, "Chrom won't get in because he would be too similar to Marth." Lucina is announced.
Mr. Sakurai, fire your PR staff.
Dark Pit had potential to be an good character. KI:U had enough moves for everyone. Too bad Palutena got most of 'em.
Not justifiable. At all. I know that advertising your previous work in a crossover is cool, especially if it's a good game. But you went completely overboard.

Regarding cuts, Snake was kinda expected. (Even though I didn't like it.) Wolf and Lucas? Not ok, at all. Lucas only had the same Special Names and Final Smash of Ness. Nothing else. Completely different gameplay and style. Not to mention that MOTHER is big in Japan or so I've heard. I'll never know. No export for me.
Wolf's removal was absurd. The most iconic and quotable Starfox villain got cut while Star Fox U is in development. Really smart.
Mewtwo is probably a lost cause at this point. Maybe Sakurai ran out of Ultra Balls, Maybe he didn't read the crazy **** he does in the manga with a spoon, (Which was a great possibility for a spacing character) Maybe he doesn't know Mega Mewtwo X is awesomely cool. Who knows. At this point, I don't even expect him anymore.

The Ice Climbers was a sad case. And I hate them. (Brawldorf main, that was a worse match-up than MK)
Ok, technical problems happen. Which leads to my next point, Why not make it exclusive to the New 3DS if you had framerate issues? No Johns. A fighting game needs to have fluid 60 FPS gameplay or it's screwed. No way around it. Not to mention it was a dumb idea from a commercial view.

We can only pick 2 songs per stage and the 3DS cartridge is not even half-full. Why not at least give us the option to use songs stored in the SD card? It's not an issue because we can use headphones to contain the sound if someone finds the song offensive.

Not to mention that all that free space and the cuts the developing team made for space and compatibility only mean one thing. Loads and loads of DLC. Despicable.

We may not make games. But we know when something's bad, and with the resources the development team had, we could've done better. At least hear the fan base before doing the DLC.

Warning: Salt filled wall of text above.
DLC should only be used if a character can't be finished in time for release that way they don't get permanently cut. On a side note why weren't there any Star Fox enemies in smash run could have had Aparoids or Monkeys from Star Fox Assault, a game Namco helped develop.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
My main gripe: If you see two skilled players go at it, you're liable to witness the world's dullest game of footsies.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
I dunno... After Fire Emblem: Awakening, I kind of figured we'd start seeing more DLC from Nintendo games. I absolutely agree about Lucina and Dark Pit (and to a lesser extent, Dr. Mario). It was disappointing realizing, "Hey they're just like Marth and Pit..."

Was also disappointed by lack of music and lack of adventure/story mode. I enjoyed SSE, even if just because it followed a storylike progression that showed evolution from Melee's adventure mode. Just seems like this game's almost like a placeholder until the Wii U version arrives.

Nerf Herder EX

Smash Rookie
Zero Suit Samus' alternate costume. It's not revealing enough.

No, but seriously though. Why is Samus wearing boy shorts?

Chrisbox

Smash Rookie
Not being able to do 2v2 with friends is so dissapointing, It needs to be addressed.

Khao

Smash Lord
Some of my most wanted newcomers didn't get in. Already got over it, though.

You can still airdodge out of a tumble. It really shouldn't be possible, makes follow ups a lot harder than necesary. Not game breaking by any means, but I wish it wasn't possible.

Lack of basic options like item frequency and random stage switch.

Iconic game modes missing (most importantly, Break the Targets and Event Matches) though I won't mind if they're back on Wii U.

Only two interesting unlockables, Everyone else is a veteran or a clone.

That's about it really, my experience has generally been ****ing great so far. It was difficult to really feel how absolutely gigantic the final roster was before actually having the game in my hands, I tried each character somewhere between one and three times and it still has been enough to last me for hours, and they all feel freaking good to play as.

Last edited:

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
My only complaint is the cut characters (namely Mewtwo). Other than that, the game is just as enjoyable, if not more than Brawl/Project M.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
My negatives:

Game Design complaints:
- The Netcode and local play connections seem to be crap tier, Sakurai gave that bs excuse of it being to do wireless interference but it is obvious that the problem is with the game for the most part.

- No item frequency toggle. WTH?

- Menu design is pretty bad. Took me a second to find Classic mode and I thought to myself that Sakurai couldn't be dumb enough to place it in games and more but there it was.

- Bare bones in content. I see this being because they wanted to save all of the meat for the wii u version. You would think the handheld version would at least have a mode focused on single player. An adventure mode should have been included for sure. Smash Run has me hyped for the obvious Adventure mode in the Wii U version. Classic mode gets boring really fast especially because the AI is kind of pathetic. Online would be the perfect solution but I rarely find a match with no lag.

- Rage system. I really don't see why this was added. An Ike knocked me off screen with a great aether that somehow only did 2 damage lol.

- Sakurai should have added more enemies from other franchises. To many KI enemies in comparison to others just ruins the experience for me. Even worse if the fact that KI is the only franchise that has enemies that feel like bosses.

Sakurais dumb decision complaints:
- Cutting Lucas, PKMN Trainer, Wolf and Ice CLimbers will never be okay. He really should have kept Ice Climbers in the Wii U version.
- only 2 fun newcomers to unlock. rest are clones and vets. Makes me not want to even bother.
- Not being able to buy custom moves, clothes, and equips. You have to spam smash run to unlock these things most efficiently it seems and it really ruins the novelty of the mode.
- You can easily get coins but you can only buy trophies with them.
- Again the 3DS version should have had an Adventure mode. Smash run is clearly a poor mans version of what the Wii U will likely have.
- Special matches being randoms in Smash Run is just dumb. at least give an option to play them after doing them in smash run at least once.
- Dark Pit...Nuff said.
- Putting the Paper MArio Stage on 3DS when it should have had a M&L stage while the Wii U version had the PM one.

Overall this game is just an appetizer for the main course and it really shows. It is still fun and if the Wii U version avoids the problems that the 3DS one has it will be the best smash yet hands down. the 3DS version is a 6.5/10 for me. It had big shoes to fill but it was also held back by weak hardware and it was intentionally stripped down to make the Wii U version seem more grand. it will last me until Fantasy Life comes around at least.

Last edited:

Maki

Smash Rookie
Not really a disappointment as I kind of expected it, but the "Mario Kart syndrome" is real.

Like Brawl, this one tries to minimize player inputs and maximize external factors (stages, items).

There's so much "I **** u" items that it gets tiring to play "as it was intended". While before it used to be Stars and Hammers, now there's Stars, Hammers, Lightning, Assist Trophies, some Pokemon, Pow, Super Hammer, etc etc... I swear, I had one classic mode (that has nothing "classic" about it, btw) where the very first opponent got a Super Hammer and took one of my stocks.

Items stopped being tools and turned into the main game.

Unaki

Smash Rookie
The zoom on the maps on the handheld is way too much for me. I really want the Wii U version to come out so I can actually see what is going on when fighters get far apart.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
No wolf... sadface...
No idea why they would remove the only villain from the series that can be played in this game type and keep the two-bit hero Falco. I mean, Wolf was legitimately different from Fox and Falco was and still is basically the same bloody thing with a shield change. i used to play fox like crazy in 64/melee but i HATED him in brawl - loved the crap out of wolf though.
Also WHERES KRYSTAL!? lol

Spinach Ops™

Smashtown, Nowhere
NNID
Spinach.Ops
3DS FC
2809-9932-5572
The only thing I'm disappointed with is the lag . I hope it clears up , eventually . :cry:

Morbi

Scavenger
My biggest disappointment regarding character viability has to be Ganon. He is just too good compared to his Brawl variant. Please, Sakurai, if you are reading this: nerf him.

He is too damned viable. I bet he doesn't even lose to the entire cast anymore! That is just bad game design. :4jigglypuff:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
There's too much lag on even basic moves you need to attack and there's too many defensive options, is my big complaint.

I played Smash 64 again recently and it amazed me how there was no air dodging at all in the game. I kept trying to air dodge out of habit only to continue to get punished and comboed over and over again. There's not very many defensive options other than shield and you had to just dive in to play. But it was a lot of fun that way. Sink or swim.

Now it's like, it has evolved into a completely different game. It seems like the only combos you can do in the game are by hitting A repeatedly and those aren't true combos. They've gradually added so many defensive options over the years since 64 that I have to buy the holder for the 3DS because my fingers are always tapping the L and R buttons and they are hard to reach on a standard 3DS - shield and grab are the most important buttons in the game now. Also the characters look very small on the old 3DS screen, you can barely see them. It might look better on a 3DS XL but visually it did not adapt so well to the old school 3DS screen.

Those are my big complaints. This game is a successor to Brawl and not to Melee, which is unfortunate because this also puts an end to any thought that Sakurai will ever start removing defensive options, increasing offensive options and making the game into something with high skill ceiling. It's never going to happen.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
No adjustable difficulty to Smash Run, with the enemies set way too hard. No map, with stat tokens leading you off bottomless edges. No way to assess the situation of a challenge room before you are thrown straight into instant death situations. Smash Run is basically unplayable to me, which sucks, since it was such a huge selling point.

Unlocks massively skewed to higher difficulties, making getting even all characters unlocked a complete chore for casuals.

Online that won't connect, just gives errors.

Most disappointing Smash game so far. Would not have bought it had I played a more complete demo.

D

Deleted member 269706

Disappointed that people already found something to complain about...

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
The clones....

Roy was at least different in every aspect to Marth back in melee. Same moves but different sweet spots, strength, speed, and weight. Lucina is literally Marth with an average attack rather than a weak-strong sweetspot attack. Better off as an alternate Marth costume.
Dark Pit....nuff said...

They should have added heroes that have a more unique moveset rather than these damn clones. I can forgive doc mario because hes the original mario basically (spin downb rather than that damn pump).
Gannon could easily be reconfigured to no longer be a falcon clone. Go play Hyrule Warriors and you'll understand lol that Gannon is badass.
Yes i am a Krystal fanboy but whatever im saying it anyway: Krystal would be another very unique character with the staff variant. Where is she? Wasted coding on clones....

Where is wolf.....

I dont get why Shulk is in here. I never even heard of his game until shortly before he was announced anyway. Least hes ... kinda unique.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Disappointed that people already found something to complain about...
I dunno about you but I've played the game for a solid 12 hours this weekend, I think if you spent 12 hours with any person you met for the first time you would find a few things that annoy you about them.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
I thought Ike lost his "You're open" when he Counter'd, but it seems I was mistaken.

Marth however did lose his Counter lines... Yet, interestingly, all three of them can be heard in the sound test. :confused:
What's more, Lucy has a couple too! What happened??

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
I'm mostly satisfied with the game itself, but I have 2 main gripes:

1) Stage selection. Just doesn't feel like a strong choice of stages. Too many bad legacy stages (Mushroomy Kingdom, ugh), and I feel like there aren't many stages that AREN'T FD/Battlefield that I can pick. I was hoping Omega stage forms would still have some terrain variety or platforms or something, not just be straight up flat stages.

2) Balance. While I feel like the game is more well-balanced than previous Smash games, I also feel like they straight up missed some low hanging fruit in terms of game balance. Low tiers that could have used some decent buffs like Ganondorf seem more or less the same.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman

2) Balance. While I feel like the game is more well-balanced than previous Smash games, I also feel like they straight up missed some low hanging fruit in terms of game balance. Low tiers that could have used some decent buffs like Ganondorf seem more or less the same.
Ganondorf is much improved. The way he moves is not terribly unintuitive like it was in Brawl. He's not Melee good or anything, and he might even still be the worst... but he doesn't play like they didn't play test him at all anymore.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349

1) Stage selection. Just doesn't feel like a strong choice of stages. Too many bad legacy stages (Mushroomy Kingdom, ugh), and I feel like there aren't many stages that AREN'T FD/Battlefield that I can pick. I was hoping Omega stage forms would still have some terrain variety or platforms or something, not just be straight up flat stages.

Yo Mushroomy Kingdom is awesome.
But I do agree on your first point. Why'd they bring back a scrolling walk-off stage when they already made like 4 brand new scrolling walk-off stages for this game?!

Then there are stages that would have been just fine if not for some tacked-on gimmick, like Magicant or Unova Pokemon League or Find Mii.
I mean every Smash has its share of wacky stages and that's cool. But this game's stages are ALL WACK. TOO MUCH WACK.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Ganondorf is much improved. The way he moves is not terribly unintuitive like it was in Brawl. He's not Melee good or anything, and he might even still be the worst... but he doesn't play like they didn't play test him at all anymore.

I agree he was given some buffs. But they also took away his greatest tool, the autocanceled Dair. Just leaving that in would have made the best iteration of Ganondorf ever IMO. The fact that you say he might even still be the worst, I feel means that he still wasn't given enough.

misdaa

Smash Rookie
No adjustable difficulty to Smash Run, with the enemies set way too hard. No map, with stat tokens leading you off bottomless edges. No way to assess the situation of a challenge room before you are thrown straight into instant death situations. Smash Run is basically unplayable to me, which sucks, since it was such a huge selling point.

Unlocks massively skewed to higher difficulties, making getting even all characters unlocked a complete chore for casuals.

Online that won't connect, just gives errors.

Most disappointing Smash game so far. Would not have bought it had I played a more complete demo.
There is a map, you just tap the bottom screen. It even has a section that says 'map'.

I've found smash run to be incredibly easy, I've never died in a challenge room or lost a single run and this is the first time I've played smash.

Neko-Knight

Smash Cadet
- Smash Bomber and Home Run contest are a chore.
- Game padding by having "Beat X with ALLLLLL characters to unlock this trophy"
- The starting roster was too big and the unlocks far too easy.
- Toon Link and Ganondorf not getting new specials.
- No music selection
- No difficulty setting for Smash Run
- Lackluster stage selection
- Veterans with duplicate/bad final smashes didn't get changed
- lack of alternate costumes and dynamic recolors
- No reps for Zelda, DK, Metroid (Ridley) or Starfox (Krystal)
- No Isaac, Mewtwo or Toad
- WAAAY too much KI representation
- Some ATs and new items are too strong
-Unique characters and semi clones taken out for more clones

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I got the game and here is my complaints.

-Less single player modes. I was looking forward to event match and even break the targets

-Classic mode doesn't feel classic. You choose paths this time, you have 2 stocks each match, difficulty goes down .5 if you get a continue, there are no mini games like they had in every other smash title, and so on.

-All-star is there in the start of the game. I like having to earn it by having all characters. So I want to get all characters before I play this mode.

-No special mode. I can't play special kind of fights like brawl or even melee had.

Other than that, the game is my favorite smash so far just because the gameplay feels so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom