• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Player Location World Map

Strokahontas

Smash Rookie
i'm graduating from there sunday

voorhees mall, anyway, at rutgers

in any case, i think we'd be able to set up a midway point of rutgers over the next few months.
yeah i have a bunch of friends up there so we could possibly work something out. i assume you're talking about new brunswick not camden? cause camden is real close to me.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Didn't Alvin start posting in our facebook group? Maybe someone can ask him for info.
And everyone elses in Peru please and thank you.

Also, I could use the brackets for the Peru national tournaments to add to the ELO ratings

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
And everyone elses in Peru please and thank you.

Also, I could use the brackets for the Peru national tournaments to add to the ELO ratings
I don't feel like a statistical comparison of NA players and the Peruvians would be meaningful at this point. I guess you could use their matches with Isai as a bridge if you wanted, but it seems a bit premature to me.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Not if its unreliable. The only point of comparison we have between us and Peru is their matches with isai. Making a separate elo rating list for them would be cool, but throwing them on with our list wouldn't be appropriate, as no tournament sets or serious mms have been played between our communities.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
-If the results are accurate, it is "reliable"
-Its not "our" list.
-There are already players on the list who are unrelated to other players on the list, so if I made a separate ranking for Peru, I would have to also find all of the unrelated groups that already exist and separate them out

I appreciate the comment though, and because of it now I am looking into determining player relations that would separate players into related groups. If there was a group of players that is completely unrelated to other groups, it would be identified in the rankings. Until that time, I'm content with putting all data in the system. Ignore peruvians and japanese if you must. Though I would still need the brackets for those tournaments, which I don't know how to get.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No, two totally separate communities requires two totally separate lists.

If Jake and Herman and 157 of their friends all play ness dittos with each other every day, Jake will end up with a higher rating than isai, Herman will be ahead of Boom, etc. etc., and then elo's end up telling us nothing about actual skill

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Though I would still need the brackets for those tournaments, which I don't know how to get.
I started collecting some brackets and thought that might not make much sense for data input. Do you actually need the brackets or would you benefit more from the results which say who's 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
here's the problem with separate lists for separate communities. What you are really asking for is separate lists for unrelated players. Well, there are already players that are unrelated to other players. If I make a separate list for Peru, I have to make a separate list for each unrelated subset of players. That would be... inefficient at best. Adding truly unrelated players to the list will not affect the ratings of players on the existing list, so isai/boom will still compare to each other even after jake and hermans steps in.

Keep in mind that elo ratings don't ever directly tell us about actual skill. A player's elo rating is simply a reflection of how they have performed against the competition they have played.

@mixa: I would need actual brackets.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I must admit that I don't follow your reasoning clubba. In the current list, are there players that are not linked to others, even indirectly? Like if player A plays player B, who himself play player C, I consider A and C to be related, via B. But I don't understand how your list could possibly be good with battlecow's example.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I will respond, please continue this discussion about the elo in the elo thread, thanks.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I read your name as "Cameroon" and thought that you were an African player for a second there lol

clubbadubba

Smash Master
How do i get a good game going anyway? These servers in netplay lag a bunch
The server you should use is called The Galaxy and its located in Chicago. You can also use The Galaxy Backup which is located in NY. If you are getting significant lag on those servers, then unfortunately it is coming from either you or your opponent that is lagging. Make sure you are not using wireless internet, and don't run any other programs in the background. Also, can you narrow it down a bit from "Northern California", that's pretty big I dunno where to put you lol

Doomolish

Smash Journeyman
Great thread, Clubba! Here's my list.

Mexican smashers:

Mariguas (DF)
Dext3r (DF)
JaimeHR (Mexicali, Baja California Norte)
007 (Celaya, Guanajuato)
Lengüitas (Celaya, Guanajuato)
Tañas (Celaya, Guanajuato)
Rex (Celaya, Guanajuato)
Vandame (Celaya, Guanajuato)
Hostil (Celaya, Guanajuato)
Chez (Celaya, Guanajuato)
Pain (Celaya, Guanajuato)
Lex (Celaya, Guanajuato)

Peruvian smashers:

Alvin (Tacna)
Gerson (Tacna)
Estradon (Tacna)
Tavo (Tacna)
Mar-k (Tacna)
Jos3 (Lima)
Alan (Lima)
Pedro Miguel (Lima)
Howling Wolf (Arequipa)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Great list doomolish! Updated the map, one question though. Is "Alan" in your list the same guy as Alancitu?

KlausKinski

Smash Rookie
I'm new to the scene, but put me down for Lebanon, Illinois. It's 20 minutes from St. Louis, and driving distance to Champagne and Chicago. Me and my roommate plan to come to Apex 2014 but some games in the meantime would be good!

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm new to the scene, but put me down for Lebanon, Illinois. It's 20 minutes from St. Louis, and driving distance to Champagne and Chicago. Me and my roommate plan to come to Apex 2014 but some games in the meantime would be good!

I'll play some games with you guys, commentate on them, and be totally biased towards me and groan when you do cool stuff

muahaha

Sedda

Smash Champion
Clubba, since he never answered, yes. Pretty sure "Alan" is Alancitu. "citu" is like a modifier and it means little, as in little Alan. Just had to put it out there lol

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Can you change my name, put "smellson" in Flamouth MA, and put han solo in nashua?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
the fall of the midwest is painful to watch. so cmu, you want to be karajan everywhere from now on? I can change you in the ratings too

2nd location for han or new permanent location? actually nvm he wasn't on the map at all before

i assume you meant falmouth, ma?

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Never. I'll never turn to the East Coast. You've failed, your clubness. I am a Midwesterner, like my father before me.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I was gonna just call you DR, but we'll split the difference and I'll call you Darth Rancorous

Top Bottom