• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spore

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
EBgames.com has given their estimated release date of Febuary 1st, 2007. With Eb they tend to do the nearest POSSIBLE date, as in it will not be out before, but could be delayed. This is good news for me as now I can play Oblivion and Black and White until then. Cheers!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
From the looks of it, the other creatures will be in other galaxies. IE. Computer 1 is Galaxy 1, ect. So if you click that galaxy, it'll stream the content there and you can take the creatures to your galaxy and individual planets.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
Evolution requires two essential aspects. Mutation and enviornmental change. I'm guessing the mutation part is when the player decides to stick an extra leg on their creatures or whatever, but I'm still a little unsure of the enviornmental change part.

Does anyone know if the evolution is strictly predation based? Or can it be any aspect of the enviornment your creations live in like the climate, over/under population, resource supply and demand, and competition.

I would love to play the game if it had all that. I don't think it would be too interesting if it was just like a "my creatures eat yours" and so forth kind of thing.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
ChumpMoney said:
Evolution requires two essential aspects. Mutation and enviornmental change. I'm guessing the mutation part is when the player decides to stick an extra leg on their creatures or whatever, but I'm still a little unsure of the enviornmental change part.

Does anyone know if the evolution is strictly predation based? Or can it be any aspect of the enviornment your creations live in like the climate, over/under population, resource supply and demand, and competition.

I would love to play the game if it had all that. I don't think it would be too interesting if it was just like a "my creatures eat yours" and so forth kind of thing.
Watch the videos, it explains a lot.
Koops said:
and choose the creatures you want and don't want? because there will be a lot of sick things going around made by ******** people with nothing to do
ESRB Warning: Game Experience May Change During Online Play.

There's probably an option where you don't HAVE to connect to the internet, but that would make the amount of creatures much more limited, I would imagine. You could just accept the fact that your creature will be hunted down by a giant predatory penis. Guaranteed.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Koops said:
and choose the creatures you want and don't want?
I hope not, I don't want to pick the species living on the planet, I want total unknown, which is the point of exploring the universe. Where's the fun in it if you choose every species?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Right, if you chose who lives on your planets, why not just make them.

To answer the previous question on evolution, the game won't have your creatures evolving more than hitting the city building level. That would be too deep for the game really and you wouldn't even be in control.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I didn't see this posted and the game looks more finished by this point.

The release date is widely unknown. It's guessed between Fall 2006 and Summer 2007.

Spore E3 Footage

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
PC is the only confirmed platform. Will Wright has shown interest in all next gen however. But, nothing confirmed by any means.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
EA's said that we won't see Spore any earlier than April 08. And that's subject to change for the worse.

EA's enthusiasm for the title is high, with EA bigwig John Riccitiello reassuring analysts, "Spore is a title we have enormous confidence in. I've had the chance to review the title three times in my short return to EA, and it looks fantastic.

"I will also tell you that its release will be right up [to] the bubble in Q4 [of fiscal '08], if not sometime in early fiscal '09, so we don't feel comfortable in forecasting it."

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sadly, I expected this announcement and we also got the announcement on Half Life 2: Episode 2 (still not even done yet).

Spore is a HIGHLY ambitious title melding something like 6 genre defining games into one. I want them to take as long as possible to perfect this game, balance it, and make it fun. Honestly, I'd rather play a game that is 2 or 3 years late, than play a buggy, rushed game. I still wish I could get a demo of Spore at the very least.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I would usually agree but when a game get's delayed until 09 I can't say I have much interest in it anymore. The developers had to have some idea of how long this would take and reveealing it so early was a mistake.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
from the in game footage i've already seen there's definitely reason to still be excited. it looks so good already, and im sure the extended release date isn't because the developers have been sittin on their thumbs all this time.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm sure that isn't why it was delayed either. I said they should have had some idea of how long it would take. Let's say after five months of development the game was 10% complete. It doesn't make much sense to say you can release a game in five more months if you'll only be at 20-30% completion.

They said this game will release at the very end of 08 or possibly 09. That's two years from now. That's a pretty long wait.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's times like this that I'm glad E3 is "dead" Less companies showing off how awesome something is then taking it away for 5 years

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Spore is due for release Sept 7th on PC, Mac and DS

antimatter

Smash Lord
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_Creatures
it appears to be a cross between drawn to life and nintendogs, and the wii one is supposed to be similar... Unnamed Wii Spinoff
Maxis producer Caryl Shaw, as well as an "April" from EA, in an interview with Revogamers confirmed that an edition of Spore will be coming to the Wii "eventually", and is currently in the initial design phase. Nothing is known about this spinoff except that it will not be a direct port, instead mentioning that they intend to make it a spin-off in the same vein as "Spore Creatures", making it more appropriate to the Wii's unique controls.

KHAN! I mean, WILL WRIGHT!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm really interested about the DS version. That could be really cool.
It could, but I read that it's a spinoff focusing on 1 aspect of gameplay or something like that. Never really followed Spore, because my comp is nowhere near good enough to run it, but I may pick up the DS version depending on what I hear.

This talks about a Wii version, but I don't much look forward to it.

Yeah, I think the Wii and DS version only have the "creature phase" of the game, so most likely it will be lame.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ironically, the PC will probably get a free creature creator so the DS/Wii version is just a step above that.

bored

Smash Ace
After watching some videos, I'm now hooked. I have a feeling this game has GOTY written all over it.

chili

Smash Cadet
I've been waiting for this game ever since it was announced. I can't wait for september 9th.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Careful where you buy the Creature Creator from. I know some sites offer $5 off of Spore if you buy it with them. I am getting that soon to help pass the days.

Spore will honestly be the best game ever or a horrible flop to me because of how hyped I am. Of course, with Will Wright games, I am never disappointed and always come back.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
Only one problem with Will Wright and EA... expansion sets, I hope that's not part of the plan like on The Sims 2.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
i am a skeptic of evolution, but this game seems awesomelly fun!!!
Customize creatures, I would have to make something very annoying to terrorize civilization, reproduces fast and destroys food supplys, puuuurrrfect!

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
I want to create a planet populated entirely with *****. Big ones , little ones, fat ones, stubby ones, and of couse crooked ones. They would fly around the galaxy in their gian PEN15 rocket ships!

*phhhhhffffhfhhffhhhfhfhfhhffhfhp* goes the engine

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Only one problem with Will Wright and EA... expansion sets, I hope that's not part of the plan like on The Sims 2.
I do remember reading somewhere they did have a plan for at least one expac, but what's in it (parts, planets, new tilesets, stuff for endgame) it wasn't said.

Keyy

Smash Apprentice
I want to create a planet populated entirely with *****. Big ones , little ones, fat ones, stubby ones, and of couse crooked ones. They would fly around the galaxy in their gian PEN15 rocket ships!

*phhhhhffffhfhhffhhhfhfhfhhffhfhp* goes the engine
You sir,

you are brilliant.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That's ALL EA's doing. They make their developers work on many, many, many expansion sets until the next game comes out. So far, Will Wright said there will be no flying creatures or undersea civilizations until a future expansion set. If that's the kind of stuff we get, I can live with that.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
System requirements, and they're pretty good!

Windows XP
2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
512 MB RAM
A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
At least 6 GB of hard drive space

Windows Vista
2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
768 MB RAM
A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
At least 6 GB of hard drive space

Mac OS X
Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard or higher
Intel Core Duo Processor
1024 MB RAM
ATI X1600 or NVidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100
At least 4.7GB of hard drive space for installation, plus additional space for creations.

The official site warns that the Mac disk space requirements for Spore are subject to change. It also has a fairly exhaustive list of supported video cards for both camps.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i am a skeptic of evolution, but this game seems awesomelly fun!!!
Customize creatures, I would have to make something very annoying to terrorize civilization, reproduces fast and destroys food supplys, puuuurrrfect!
So.....Zerg? I cannot wait to zerg rush someone in this.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
YES!, I think I might meet the Recommended System Requirements.

The Sporepedia will most certainly explode when the Creature Creator comes out, I'm glad the Spore site got an update.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I almost meet the system requirements, except for the 2.0 Ghz processor. I'm .3 Ghz short :urg:.

Hmm. It's probably not worth it for me to get a new processor just for Spore. Do you guys think it would run at all on a 1.7 Ghz Pentium processor? Or would it just not work at all? My computer knowledge is really limited.

Top Bottom