• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spoon's All You Can Smash Buffet! RESULTS ARE UP! (10/24 Wilm. NC)

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
RESULTS ON PAGE 6! COME STOP ME NEXT TIME NC!

Hey guys. Running a tourney for a project, attend and make it awesome. The owner was very generous about allowing the location, I may do another in the future if this runs smoothly. Help make that happen!

WHERE:
Cape Fear Games
3608 Oleander Dr Suite E
Wilmington, NC 28403
(website)

SCHEDULE:
12:00 Registration opens
1:00 Doubles start
3:30 Food break
4:00 Singles start

EVENTS AND PRICING:
$1 Door Fee (required even if you don't attend, goes to the store)
Singles and Doubles are both FREE

RULES:
Standard MBR Ruleset

PARKING:
Cape Fear Games is right by Independence Mall, park anywhere there (also get your food there, there's plenty of places to eat)

SET-UPS:
I can't wave a fee (sorry, it's only $1) but I will very much appreciate if you can bring a set-up. I have several friends bringing theirs but anything you can contribute will help. (After all, I don't feel like using the laggy HD tvs they have, plus they're gonna make me pay a separate fee to use them lol)

RECORDING:
This is still a maybe but I and two other people have DV covnerters we can use to record matches (especially grand finals and such). I think I may also be able to get my hands on a projector and we could even stream them. It's all up in the air at this point but if I pull the right strings I can make this awesome.

ATTENDING:
SlasherKing?
Hypn0tic_Spector
Big O
GreenFLO
Bl@ckChris?
Red the Ghost?
Dark Hart?

Thanks again, more info to come.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Good to know!

Hahaa. Everyone's gonna think I'm a huge loser, but it's actually for my senior project; I'm actually writing a paper about the competitive mindset (with smash as my example) and running a tournament as my product.

I wonder if I can go to this? I don't have a car at college, but I'll ask a friend if he can go and if he can drive me there. I'll take care of recording/uploading if I end up going.

This is looking like a 3 hour drive...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
eh, by this date, I figure I'll be able to handle bryan. If DH goes sheik, it'll definitely be a set you'll want to record. If he goes fox, it'll be slaughterhouse at the buffet.

I hope he goes fox :-/

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
nope, just assuming i'll improve faster, bryan.

:)

and peepee, i feel the same way, but i'm still gonna try. time with ashley may come first, especially since we have fall break and she's probably not coming with me for TO6, i'll probably need this weekend with her.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
I would come if this wasn't the weekend after TO6 and on a Sunday.

Hope you guys get a good turnout though.
Darn! I was really hoping you'd come.

Do you mind if I interview you sometime on AIM or something? I'll bug you more about it when I get around to preparing the questions and etc.

Top Bottom