• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I love your avatar :dazwa:
Lol thanks. I actually took a screenshot of that when I was fighting Duck Hunt and I paused the game when he grabbed me and I zoomed in and thought that Mewtwo's expression was priceless so I cropped it and made it my avatar. XD

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Spent all day trying to beat records on my Wii U using Mewtwo. Got all Multi-Man Smash except Cruel Smash because Lucina has counter and Mewtwo doesn't. Did not break any records in Target Blast or Home Run contest because Ganondorf is impossible to beat for the latter. For events where you can select characters, I beat all the records except it took more than an hour to beat the last one. I had to use custom equipment to improve all my stats in order to survive long enough. Still need to beat records in Classic and All-Star and probably Crazy Orders. Besides that, I don't know where else I can attempt to break records. :|

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
So. Uh. Learned from an old thread in Smash Reddit that you can actually press the other guys name after a match in For Glory 3DS to block or report them.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
So. Uh. Learned from an old thread in Smash Reddit that you can actually press the other guys name after a match in For Glory 3DS to block or report them.
I heard this from my friend like last week. I've had the game for like 7 months and just barely realized hahahaha

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I made a revised list because i felt like it.
-god tier: Usmash
-top tier:
dtilt
shadowball
ftilt

high tier:
back throw
uthrow
dash attack
Fair
fthrow

Mid tier:
Dsmash
nair
jab
fsmash
confusion
dthrow
bair
uair
dair

low tier:
utilt
teleport

bottom:
disable

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mewtwo now has the high score in every mode on my 3DS except Home Run contest. I'm hoping I can do the same on the Wii U. Target Blast is bothersome because of how inconsistent I can be with it. Maybe I'll get lucky again.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I made a revised list because i felt like it.
-god tier: Usmash
-top tier:
dtilt
shadowball
ftilt

high tier:
back throw
uthrow
dash attack
Fair
fthrow

Mid tier:
Dsmash
nair
jab
fsmash
confusion
dthrow
bair
uair
dair

low tier:
utilt
teleport

bottom:
disable
I disagree with u-smash being god tier. It kills really early and stuff, but it's rather hard to land. It's a great anti-air and does good damage, but the main problem is that its hitbox is really small on the ground and has a lot of endlag. I usually just rack up damage and end it with Shadow Ball, f-smash, u-throw, fair, b-throw, or d-smash because they're just way more safe. U-smash is high risk high reward, and I honestly think it should be high-tier but not god-tier.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I disagree with u-smash being god tier. It kills really early and stuff, but it's rather hard to land. It's a great anti-air and does good damage, but the main problem is that its hitbox is really small on the ground and has a lot of endlag. I usually just rack up damage and end it with f-smash, u-throw, fair, b-throw, or d-smash because they're just way more safe. U-smash is high risk high reward, and I honestly think it should be high-tier but not god-tier.
This.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I disagree with u-smash being god tier. It kills really early and stuff, but it's rather hard to land. It's a great anti-air and does good damage, but the main problem is that its hitbox is really small on the ground and has a lot of endlag. I usually just rack up damage and end it with Shadow Ball, f-smash, u-throw, fair, b-throw, or d-smash because they're just way more safe. U-smash is high risk high reward, and I honestly think it should be high-tier but not god-tier.
admittedly i wasn't entirely serious on this and put in "god tier" as a joke.(since admittedly i find the entire existance of a tier above top tier incredibly silly) i do think usmash is one of the major defining points of smash 4 mewtwo as a character, though. feels like his signature move so to speak, you know?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
admittedly i wasn't entirely serious on this and put in "god tier" as a joke.(since admittedly i find the entire existance of a tier above top tier incredibly silly) i do think usmash is one of the major defining points of smash 4 mewtwo as a character, though. feels like his signature move so to speak, you know?
Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw are much more iconic.

Plus...you know...

They're actually legit attacks. :p

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Ya! It's definitely a lot different than a lot of the other u-smashes and one of the most unique. Not to mention, Mewtwo's u-smash the coolest looking u-smashes in the game IMO. The animation with all the swirling dark thing looks like a galaxy. Pretty awesome.
Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw are much more iconic.
Even so, you can't deny that his u-smash is a lot different than the rest of the cast's. And it looks super cool too. =D

Last edited:

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
If anyone is interested in hearing, I did compare Mewtwo's Shadow Ball to other projectiles.

It comes out as fast as Luigi's Fireball (speaking in terms of start-up and cooldown), with the added benefit of being able to cancel into shield/dodge near-instantaneously (so you're not committed to it), and I don't believe I need to mention the distance covered.

With the distance covered and the lack of endlag upon firing, I like to use it to make approaches whenever I'm not charging it.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
After several hours of attempting home run contest with Mewtwo on the 3DS, I finally got 3162.7 ft. Still losing to Ganondorf who has 3310.3 ft. I can't replicate the Youtube videos with the bat throwing because my L and R button don't always respond as fast as they should. ;_;

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Just realized Trophy Rush also keeps scores, so Mewtwo has high scores in everything on 3DS except HR contest and Trophy Rush. I don't think I can beat Donkey Kong's record on that since Mewtwo doesn't have moves that hit in as many directions as DK. ._.

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
Just realized Trophy Rush also keeps scores, so Mewtwo has high scores in everything on 3DS except HR contest and Trophy Rush. I don't think I can beat Donkey Kong's record on that since Mewtwo doesn't have moves that hit in as many directions as DK. ._.
U-Air and U-Tilts maybe

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
U-Air and U-Tilts maybe
Hard when multiple explosives can kill me easily especially when other blocks stop them from being pushed off the edge. Mewtwo now has a score of somewhere over 400000 while DK is somewhere over 600000. At least Mewtwo has second highest score in Trophy Rush and HR Contest. :/

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
If anyone is interested in hearing, I did compare Mewtwo's Shadow Ball to other projectiles.

It comes out as fast as Luigi's Fireball (speaking in terms of start-up and cooldown), with the added benefit of being able to cancel into shield/dodge near-instantaneously (so you're not committed to it), and I don't believe I need to mention the distance covered.

With the distance covered and the lack of endlag upon firing, I like to use it to make approaches whenever I'm not charging it.

This is completely innacurate.

I just tested and if you do them at the exact same time Luigi will have thrown 10 fireballs by the time Mewtwo throws 8 SBs. Luigi has both less start up and less endlag than Mewtwo. You might think it's not a huge difference but it is, Luigi's fireballs are extremely safe, SBs are not even close to as safe as Luigi's (it's the reason all Luigi's spam fireballs so much).

Also Mewtwo's charge is probably the charge with the slowest shield cancel out of all charges so I don't know where that "added benefit" comes from. Unless you're comparing it to moves like Greninja's WS or LM N-Special which can't be cancelled at all, but then there's no point in comparing the speed of the cancel in those situations (since they can't be cancelled at all).

It is true that there is low endlag and you can follow up on a Shadow Ball. I do it all the time too.

If Shadow Ball was as fast as Luigi's Neutral-B we would be pretty much broken.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
My Mewtwo has improved so much after watching the My Smash Corner video of him. I'm starting to use real combos rather than things that look like they can be combos.
Also, having a strong projectile and a reflector really give him a great neutral game.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This is completely innacurate.

I just tested and if you do them at the exact same time Luigi will have thrown 10 fireballs by the time Mewtwo throws 8 SBs. Luigi has both less start up and less endlag than Mewtwo. You might think it's not a huge difference but it is, Luigi's fireballs are extremely safe, SBs are not even close to as safe as Luigi's (it's the reason all Luigi's spam fireballs so much).

Also Mewtwo's charge is probably the charge with the slowest shield cancel out of all charges so I don't know where that "added benefit" comes from. Unless you're comparing it to moves like Greninja's WS or LM N-Special which can't be cancelled at all, but then there's no point in comparing the speed of the cancel in those situations (since they can't be cancelled at all).
Buddy I have played DK and nothing comes close to how slowly he canceled his punch charges pre-1.0.7.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
@ Gui JP Gui JP
I've been testing against some characters and this is what I've got:

Slower Start-Up and Slightly Higher End-Lag than Luigi. Overall slightly slower than Luigi's.
Slower Start-Up but Less End-Lag than Mario. Overall very-slightly faster than Mario's. (Closest test)
Same Start-Up but Much Lesser End-Lag than Lucario. Overall much faster than Lucario's.
Slower Start-Up but Less End-Lag than Samus. Overall faster than Samus'.
About the Same Start-Up (Maybe Slightly Faster) but Less End-Lag than Greninja's. Overall slightly faster then Greninja's.
Much Slower Start-Up and Much Less-End Lag than Sheik's. Overall slightly faster than Sheik's.

As for now my analysis is that the Start-Up on the Shadow-Ball is what kills the overall speed of the move. It's what makes it relatively unsafe. The endlag seems to be stupidly low, which we already know since we all love those Shadow Ball chases.

Shadow Ball's Overall speed is extremely close to Mario's Fireball's Overall Speed. After that it's closest Sheik's, although they are extremely different in both Start-Up and End-Lag it seems to almost even out at the end. After that it's closest probably to Samus or Luigi. It's cool to note though that Luigi's is the only projectile I tested that actually has less overall lag than Mewtwo's does. It's also the only projectile I tested with less End-Lag than Mewtwo's.

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
-this is a wall of text-
Well, thanks for the correction and info!

There seems to be a trend on For Glory of when I play Mewtwo, and the guy counterpicks Donkey Kong, and demolishes. ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Well, thanks for the correction and info!

There seems to be a trend on For Glory of when I play Mewtwo, and the guy counterpicks Donkey Kong, and demolishes. ;-;
I like how fast our projectile is, apart from Luigi I can't really find anyone who actually has a faster "overall" projectile (Tested Pikachu and Falco's single laser. Not testing Fox since it's not really relevant).

But, on a side-note I also cannot find anyone with a slower start up for a projectile. I guess, if we're going to have lag it might as well be on the start up and not the end-lag. Although thinking of Sheik's Needles, having all the lag at the end isn't that bad either.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
took a break from Mewtwo and Smash4 today! why? because I am also making machinimas!
made this today :D

will practice my Mewtwo later <3

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
took a break from Mewtwo and Smash4 today! why? because I am also making machinimas!
made this today :D

will practice my Mewtwo later <3
I used to do Smash Machinimas on my old youtube channel back in the brawl days, but that channel is gone now, maybe I should return to doing them, I have been practicing a Duck Hunt voice, so i could center it around them.

The Dog i have either been trying to do a slow southern accent, or just my voice but deeper.

And the Duck for me has been a nasally voice.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280

I really need to remember this since i keep thinking it has more endlag than it does due to old samus habits XD;

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
I really need to remember this since i keep thinking it has more endlag than it does due to old samus habits XD;
Raykz actually did more testing than I've done.

"Slower Start-Up and Slightly Higher End-Lag than Luigi. Overall slightly slower than Luigi's.
Slower Start-Up but Less End-Lag than Mario. Overall very-slightly faster than Mario's. (Closest test)
Same Start-Up but Much Lesser End-Lag than Lucario. Overall much faster than Lucario's.
Slower Start-Up but Less End-Lag than Samus. Overall faster than Samus'.
About the Same Start-Up (Maybe Slightly Faster) but Less End-Lag than Greninja's. Overall slightly faster then Greninja's.
Much Slower Start-Up and Much Less-End Lag than Sheik's. Overall slightly faster than Sheik's."

Top Bottom