• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Volaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volaro
3DS FC
2707-2096-3929
In the still waiting crowd too. Ended up calling up Club Nintendo and they said if I didn't have it by tomorrow to call again. =p

Not the most helpful, but its something I guess.

I played a bit against Mewtwo in the meantime online and that Shadow Ball is -nasty-. Hoping that playing against him is a good way to figure out how people will fight him lol.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Wait, so does Mewtwo suck?
My answer is no. As of right now, I'm thinking mid tier. So in terms of competitive he does suck probably, but he's definitely usable.

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
So, Mewtwo is very fun. A flaw I've noticed, however, is that his Confusion has a bit of startup lag that makes it hard to land

Personally, I think his D-tilt and D-throw are amazing combo starters. While I think his weight ensures he isn't top tier, he's still a great character in my opinion.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo seems like a solid mid tier character which when considering there's over 50 characters isn't bad. He'll be viable but you'll have to work harder for it.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

All of these are exactly what I expected and I love them.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
He's so good you guys. So good.

He's almost the same as Melee, and I didn't like him much then... But I like him a LOT in Smash 4.

FAir is ridiculous. And Mewtwo seems to be the King of Crowd Control. Classic Mode was a breeze. NAir was fantastic for it lol

Last edited:

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771

All of these are exactly what I expected and I love them.
I absolutely love even his losing animation.
He doesn't even clap.
He just stands there all like, "You're not even worth my acknowledgement."

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
He's so good you guys. So good.

He's almost the same as Melee, and I didn't like him much then... But I like him a LOT in Smash 4.

FAir is ridiculous. And Mewtwo seems to be the King of Crowd Control. Classic Mode was a breeze. NAir was fantastic for it lol
Thats nothing look at how well confusion works

Of reflecting.

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Some of Mewtwo's design choices make no sense. Smash 4 is a game where both recoveries and rolls are very powerful. So why is it that they decided to slightly nerf Mewtwo's recovery and heavily nerf his roll from Melee? :C

I do like the new F-air. It did take some getting used to though.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Thats nothing look at how well confusion works

Of reflecting.
Yeah it's pretty awesome. My brother and I had a game of Dead Mans Volley by doing this. The KO power of the shadow ball becomes astronomical after it has been reflected twice, kills at 0%!

Gotta love his Dair as well. That spike is amazing when it lands.

Last edited by a moderator:

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Myself and a friend of mine played for a few hours doing nothing but Mewtwo matches. Love the feel of him now - familiar enough for those who played Melee, but actually more usable now in terms of Smash 4.

Also has anyone noticed how much shield a fully charged Shadow Ball takes away? I've broken about 3 unsuspecting players' shields with that bad boy. It's so good it's scary.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Anybody else STILL waiting on codes? Concern is starting to creep on after a long day of waiting.
Im still waiting for my codes, but then I have been playing Heartstone most of the afternoon so it has not be that bad.

Based on all the gameplay i have seen of him, I am excited. We have the laugh, we have the style, now we just need the legendary power.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Myself and a friend of mine played for a few hours doing nothing but Mewtwo matches. Love the feel of him now - familiar enough for those who played Melee, but actually more usable now in terms of Smash 4.

Also has anyone noticed how much shield a fully charged Shadow Ball takes away? I've broken about 3 unsuspecting players' shields with that bad boy. It's so good it's scary.
I think Shadow Ball in general is just crazy strong. It kills super early and breaks shields.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Anybody else STILL waiting on codes? Concern is starting to creep on after a long day of waiting.
Apparently some people have been able to get theirs from their Club Nintendo accounts. Have you tried that? If not I would suggest calling up Nintendo support for assistance.

I think Shadow Ball in general is just crazy strong. It kills super early and breaks shields.
That and it has huge knockback. The recoil is pretty ridiculous as well if you use it in the air.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
That and it has huge knockback. The recoil is pretty ridiculous as well if you use it in the air.
Yes, uh... a couple of... unfortunate SDs off the side of the screen have taught me how harsh the recoil can be... *cough*

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
pros
its movie 1 mewtwo
his shadow ball is stronger than I thought
teleport
disable fixed
up a fixed
grabs
great smash attcks
cons
seems still a little to floaty
fs seems a little weak
colors seem kinda bland
besides that mewtwo is beter than in melee and is awesome

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
GASP *One New Email*
*Email from Twitter*

Back to waiting.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Yes, uh... a couple of... unfortunate SDs off the side of the screen have taught me how harsh the recoil can be... *cough*
SD will be a little more prevalent at first as people are getting used to the character (but that recoil is just...ridiculous!). :p

I'm still getting used to reflecting things with Confusion. You have to do the move much earlier than expected
I quite like it. It stays out for a good while getting some reflects that might not be expected. The timing is something we will learn as we go along.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Holy crap Mewtwo feels pretty great now. Really fun and badass :D

Couldn't care less about its placing; it already works fine with me.

this thread is slowly starting to die down...
Yeah. Mainly because it's no longer a "hype" thread.

Mewtwo has made its impact.

Although, the thread may liven up a bit later, once Mewtwo is available to everyone, and we're weeks in trying to figure out advanced techniques. It's pretty possible everyone is off trying to actually learn Mewtwo as fast as possible.

Last edited:

CeruleanFlow

Smash Cadet
NNID
CeruleanFlow
I've played quite a lot of Mewtwo today, and I can honestly say that he is a super awesome character. Yeah, he's floaty and dies a little early sometimes, but if you can play a little defensive and read the other player, his reward is insane.

Confusion can usually combo into at least a dash, if not an f-smash.
His back air has good range, as well as all of his tilts
d-tilt is a great combo starter
disable is very high risk/high reward, which is how it should be
f-air is killer good and extremely fast
all throws are powerful and good for stage control

If you don't think he's a good character, then he's just not your play style. But still, give him a week or two more, you've just barely scratched the surface. He is good if you can adapt to how he is played.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The Fair juggles are real. So satisfying.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Apologies if this Super Smash Bros. 4 tidbit was posted before, but I just thought this was awesome for Mewtwo's status (and I post this as a fan of both Mewtwo :4mewtwo:and Lucario :4lucario:):

A half charged shadow ball cancels a fully charged 200% aura sphere.
ChronaMewX of Reddit: "Thank you Nintendo, for proving that Mewtwo > Lucario. This makes me very very happy"

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32q499/a_half_charged_shadow_ball_cancels_a_fully/
Now we just need it in video/Gfycat form! :seuss:

(On a side note, although he's not a Mewtwo clone but did out-prioritize Mewtwo twice, why isn't Lucario on "The List" in this thread's first post?)

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Also, Mewtwo's movements just feel so...natural. I hope you guys understand me here >.<

Also, to the ^^ post, waaaaaaay too early to be calling specific placements in my opinion.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
yeah Im gald someone else thought that to but dose anyone else think his tail attack has a smaller range than it should be
As in his Bair? Or do you mean his tail attacks in general?

I really like his Bair, especially when coming back onto the stage. It has good range allowing Mewtwo to pretty much guarantee landing safely back on the stage. It does seem a bit slow to start up, but I feel the range is fine.

His other tail attacks seem to have appropriate range to me. I really enjoy his Utilt as it looks cool and seems to have decent coverage.

Also, Mewtwo's movements just feel so...natural. I hope you guys understand me here >.<
He does feel very natural. I just seemed to 'get' Mewtwo the moment I started playing him.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
As in his Bair? Or do you mean his tail attacks in general?

I really like his Bair, especially when coming back onto the stage. It has good range allowing Mewtwo to pretty much guarantee landing safely back on the stage. It does seem a bit slow to start up, but I feel the range is fine.

His other tail attacks seem to have appropriate range to me. I really enjoy his Utilt as it looks cool and seems to have decent coverage.

He does feel very natural. I just seemed to 'get' Mewtwo the moment I started playing him.
just his utilt but could just be me thinking that

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Has anybody received their codes yet recently? It's been like 15 hours since I updated my game and I still don't have an email nor do I see anything on club nintendo about getting the codes from the site.

Top Bottom