• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
I'm pretty satisfied with Mewtwo. Definite main, but the 2 things that really bug me is that his charge up shadow ball doesn't hurt people and his back air is pretty sluggish to me. But other than that, he's really fun. (And my main color for when I use him is probably gonna be the bright blue color alt. he has. It looks so nice on him.)

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I was so hyped about Mewtwo arriving today and was eager to get home to play him and the patch. .... until I learned that he's even lighter than before and that he has no customs. But I play Palutena who is also considered mediocre, so I'm gonna play him anyway. I do hope they'll at least buff his weight when Lucas comes though.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Check your Club Nintendo and make sure Mewtwo is in the to-do's, if it is, then you should get codes at some point, you just got incredibly unlucky. Or call Nintendo Support, Nintendo Support is really helpful and I'm sure if you're cool about it they will be more than willing to help you out or explain what's going on.
It's there, I'm mostly just getting really impatient.

I mean... How does Nintendo run short on stock of something digital?! However they did it, though, they found a way.

ilikcereal101

Smash Cadet
You can tech confusion which kinda sucks and yeah mewtwo is too light I played him in melee and he hasn't improved to much and up air has a really hard time hitting in front. So much for disjointed :(

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Don't have the game with me right now haha.

I'm really doubting that Mewtwo is lighter than even Jiggs. Jiggs being super light is her thing, I don't think they'll just take it away like that.
I think Pichu was lighter than her in Melee.
"I want to be accurate to the characters" - Sakurai

Mewtwo, who is usually heavier than Charizard, is one of the lightest characters in SSB4.
Remember that weight is equivalent to stamina in other fighters. Mewtwo's defences have always been his weakest
point in the Pokemon games except the first generation when Special was broken. If anything I consider Zard
more inaccurate because of this.

CeruleanFlow

Smash Cadet
NNID
CeruleanFlow
Everybody just needs to kinda take a step back and give Mewtwo some more time.. He was never expected to be a God, because we wanted to dethrone Diddy and not make another character that's too good. Mewtwo is good, and has some really cool combo potential. Keep playing with him for a few days, don't get so down and negative with him!

He's definitely the new main :4mewtwo:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think Pichu was lighter than her in Melee.

Remember that weight is equivalent to stamina in other fighters. Mewtwo's defences have always been his weakest
point in the Pokemon games except the first generation when Special was broken. If anything I consider Zard
more inaccurate because of this.
Even so Mewtwo's defences are better than all other Pokemon in the roster in the Pokemon series.
Then again Pokemon in general is just a really inaccurate portrayal in Smash Bros anyway.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
apparently Mewtwo still says sentences in the Japanese version despite him getting a new voice actor, why didn't they get an English voice.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Man, Mewtwo is sooo fun. Shadow Ball is frikkin awesome. U-throw and b-throw is frikkin awesome. Mewtwo's tail is frikkin awesome. EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM IS FRIKKIN AWESOME

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Man Mewtwo is sooo fun. Shadow Ball is frikkin awesome. U-throw and b-throw is frikkin awesome. Mewtwo's tail is frikkin awesome. EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM IS FRIKKIN AWESOME

Everything is cool when you use Mewtwo!
Everything is Awesome!
When you use Mewtwo!

VeggieSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
VeggieSteel
Everybody just needs to kinda take a step back and give Mewtwo some more time.. He was never expected to be a God, because we wanted to dethrone Diddy and not make another character that's too good. Mewtwo is good, and has some really cool combo potential. Keep playing with him for a few days, don't get so down and negative with him!
I know! All these day 1 haters are bringing me down. Especially because I won't have Mewtwo for two more weeks. Give the guy a chance!

Megaman got the same treatment back during the demo, and now he's, like, top fifteen.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"I want to be accurate to the characters" - Sakurai

Mewtwo, who is usually heavier than Charizard, is one of the lightest characters in SSB4.
That's because he's floating with his telekinesis. I think it's justified. Besides, the pokedex height/weight descriptions are garbage anyway. Wailord is less dense than air.

If you want to point fingers at someone for being inaccurate, point them at Ganon.
Even so Mewtwo's defences are better than all other Pokemon in the roster in the Pokemon series.
Then again Pokemon in general is just a really inaccurate portrayal in Smash Bros anyway.
Going by this logic, Jigglypuff should be absolutely useless, since all of it's stats suck.
Meanwhile, Mewtwo would have to be completely broken. Even if Mewtwo has better defenses then the rest of the pokemon, that's just because his stats are monstrous. Defense and special defense are his weakest stats, so it'd make sense to make him a glass canon.

Last edited:

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
That's because he's floating with his telekinesis. I think it's justified. Besides, I pokedex height/weight descriptions are garbage anyway. Wailord is less dense than air.

If you want to point fingers at someone for being inaccurate, point them at Ganon.
Going by this logic, Jigglypuff should be absolutely useless, since all of it's stats suck.
Meanwhile, Mewtwo would have to be completely broken. Even if Mewtwo has better defenses then the rest of the pokemon, that's just because his stats are monstrous. Defense and special defense are his weakest stats, so it'd make sense to make him a glass canon.
I like the way you think, Zachmac.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That's because he's floating with his telekinesis. I think it's justified. Besides, I pokedex height/weight descriptions are garbage anyway. Wailord is less dense than air.

Telekinesis shouldn't make one lighter. You still have the same mass and weight.
Practically the entire roster is inaccurate to varying degrees. Can't point the finger at a single character.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
yeah the lightness just makes no sense even from an aesthetic point of view since mewtwo appears to be about the size of a tall adult human.(and note i said APPEARS. pokedex weight and height are silly garbage as far as i'm conccerned. see wailord and several others pokedex stats for example)

Last edited:

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Hey guys, my roommate and I were talking about this and I want to know what you think.
From Mewtwo's Alt. Trophy:
Mewtwo's Confusion side special not only lets you repel projectiles—it also reflects the damage back on your opponent. Its down special, Disable, stuns an enemy for longer the higher its damage is. As it works by having Mewtwo glare at its foe, this only works if they make eye contact.
When it says "stuns an enemy for longer the higher its damage is," does the "it" refer to Mewtwo or the enemy?

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
Mewtwos' play style is very risk-reward; it certainly seems to reward you for making bold plays, especially off stage. If you screw up though… well, I guess that's what up-smash is for.

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, my roommate and I were talking about this and I want to know what you think.

When it says "stuns an enemy for longer the higher its damage is," does the "it" refer to Mewtwo or the enemy?
Probably the latter.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

I think they mean the enemy's damage. I've been watching quite a lot of videos of Mewtwo gameplay and I did notice that the stun lasts longer on the enemy that has higher damage.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Telekinesis shouldn't make one lighter. You still have the same mass and weight.
Practically the entire roster is inaccurate to varying degrees. Can't point the finger at a single character.
Mewtwo is making himself float using his telekinesis; hence his floatiness and lack of knockback resistance.

I think the extreme light weight and floatiness part of what makes Mewtwo feel so unique. I'd love to see him buffed more, but not in that category.
I can confirm it's the latter.
I like to use it at high-ish percents to combo into slower kill moves like D-smash.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You would think the latter, however, I was Disable'd by a Mewtwo at 90% and I only stayed stunned for a second or two...I don't remember how high their percent was, but I don't think it was that high.

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
Wait, so does Mewtwo suck?

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
It's been nine hours. Eighteen waves. That's how long I've been waiting. I've checked the spam folder, I checked other accounts, I checked the spam folders OF other accounts, every half hour since 9:30 AM. And still zip.
Yeah I'm still waiting too..

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Wait, so does Mewtwo suck?
Unfortunately, based on first impressions, he kinda does. Gameplay wise. Maybe it'll change as the meta develops, but so far Mewtwo ain't that good. Still super fun though.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I know! All these day 1 haters are bringing me down. Especially because I won't have Mewtwo for two more weeks. Give the guy a chance!

Megaman got the same treatment back during the demo, and now he's, like, top fifteen.
There's some good stuff on Mewtwo.. I don't think a lot 'hate' him that much.., but.. there Are some let downs,his lightness for one, and for me the sluggishness of certain moves really throws me off...

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
For me, it doesn't matter if Mewtwo is very light, I can make strategies out of this. Lightness doesn't matter, an Mewtwo is one of my mains, and he was fun to play around with, it was so satisfying to spike CPUs with him.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can't seem to get a spike with mewtwo :mad:
when you do it'll be extremely rewarding. I spiked my friend in the air who failed to tech on the stage and bounced straight back up to me to finsh her off

Top Bottom