• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I've got the jab-> grab thing down already. Mewtwo is perfect for me.

Edit:
Someone needs to play me...like, now.
Did you get it as a combo or a set up?
Also, anything interesting to do if you use Confusion on an opponent? (They can attack before they land) It looks like you can't shield grab, so I'd go for shield > Dtilt or something.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Yeah, tbh I can't see Mewtwo being higher than mid tier. He really does have some pretty big flaws imo...

On the other hand, he's fun as heck. I don't mind him being bad at all because he's fun to use and that's what matters. Definitely going to main him.

Last edited:

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Mewtwo's fine. I think his kit works well. He's just not going to be top or even high tier. Somewhere in middle range. Stuff like shiek won't let him breathe.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
So did you guys win or lose your first online match as Mewtwo? Just curious.
I went into For Fun to check my internet connection before I tried For Glory. It was pretty laggy, but my first game was a Team match against Lucario and...someone. I was mainly focusing on Lucario because MORTAL ENEMIES. It went to Sudden Death and I was the last Mon standing. ^_^

The lack of custom specials is a troubling dilemma, as Confusion and Disable still feel pretty useless.
I'm getting a LOT of fun out of Confusion, using it to gain momentum mid-air, reflecting Aura Sphere projectiles, spinning folk around into tail combos and smash attacks... Disable seems to stun for longer than it did in Melee, but I'm not sure about that.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
My first online match was with my friend but I lost because I was too distracted by the glory of Mewtwo.

My first for glory match I lost because I was too distracted by the glory of Mewtwo.

Last edited:

johab001

Smash Cadet
I haven't got mewtwo yet. But i have foght against him in for glory as ness and im just saying, Ness is an exellent counter against Mewtwo. I comboed mewtwo with up-air easly. And the blue absorb barrier is deadly against shadow ball. But yeah it might just be because of mewtwo is new and people have just started playing as him

Last edited:

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
WELL

'fraid to say Mewtwo didn't de-main Lucario for me,
BUT
he does have some pretty fun moves and is a joy to watch in battle, so I'll keep playing around with him to see if I can get the hang of him.
I'm honestly glad he isn't OP or anything like that.
Save him for the ones who are truly dedicated to him <3
Lol Speed. Glad to know you're happy.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
WELL

'fraid to say Mewtwo didn't de-main Lucario for me,
BUT
he does have some pretty fun moves and is a joy to watch in battle, so I'll keep playing around with him to see if I can get the hang of him.

Lol Speed. Glad to know you're happy.
Nothing wrong with 2 mains

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
What's with confusion my friend always jumps out of it is there anyway I could take advantage of that?
The only guarenteed followup out of Confusion is when you land one under a platform. They are forced into a knocked down state on the platform that sets you up for an upsmash. Aside from that I think that you can't tech if you get hit with confusion (could be wrong)
See you lose nothing by landing confusion, and if your opponent doesn't jump or try to do an aerial, (assuming they aren't really floaty) they get forced into a hard knockdown that you can either ftilt or shadowball lock into some follow up. It's like a pure mind game thing. I'm sure there will be a lot of cool things you can do with it due to conditioning your opponent.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'm very happy with the results. Mewtwo is just so fun to use. There are two things that are a huge disappointment to me, though, one being not so important but the other one being...

1) His character selection screen location. Just why the hell is he apart from the rest of the Pokémon?

2) Shadow Ball no longer damages when charging. This was especially useful, and now that Shadow Ball takes much longer to charge, we needed this back. What angers me the most is that this property was original to Mewtwo and now it belongs, of all people, to freaking LUCARIO.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Guys, I did some testing....and it turns out that....
Well...you might not believe me, but...
Mewtwo is even lighter than Jigglypuff....

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Nothing wrong with 2 mains
Of course not.

But from the initial feel I got from Mewtwo, it just...I don't know...it felt off to me?
Like I said, I'll keep playing around and seeing how he feels once I get his moves down more.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
So.. i'm very dissapointed in both mewtwo and the patch so far. Mewtwo has all the exact same flaws as melee mewtwo with only a bit more kill power to make up for it.(he also has no reliable roll punish i've found that doesn't require an rather specific hard read. also why the hell is he SO light?) and it seems that Marth, MK, and Ganon are exactly the same so far.Mewtwo is so close to being the perfect character for my playstyle: lots of kill moves, decent combo ability and ok range. but how early he dies and the weird range on his moves(seriously, is it just me or did fsmash and such get nerfed in range?) along with the potential trouble he has dealing with the evasive options in this game gets me. also, is it just me or have nair and uthrow been a bit nerfed? Nair seems to have a bit less range and priority as well as more lag whilst uthrow isn't quite the kill throw i wa hyped for. Also also, is hypnosis useful at all against a good player?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"I want to be accurate to the characters" - Sakurai

Mewtwo, who is usually heavier than Charizard, is one of the lightest characters in SSB4.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No

I know mewtwo is light but in melee it took less than 60% last time (certain full charge smash attack characters)

Now he has to be at 115% to get him thats definatly more damage he can take

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Yup, Disable confirmed useless again. It sure is more useful than in Melee, but that's not setting the bar very high.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
oh jeez.. lighter than jiggs with THAT hitbox and less overal safety on everything than rosaluma!? wtf sakurai.. why you do this to the world's strongest pokemon..

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
No

I know mewtwo is light but in melee it took less than 60% last time (certain full charge smash attack characters)

Now he has to be at 115% to get him thats definatly more damage he can take
It depends on the character.
Ike, Bowser, Ganondorf and Dedede can annihilate him (and every other character) easily.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
i dunno, nair seems to be still hilarious against bowser and as a former ganon main/current ganon sub i have to sy than mewtwo does seem to have some decent tools for keeping ganon out of murder range.(especially standardorf. customdorf however has wizard's drop kick for getting in and a lovely super armour uppercut for even more kill moves.)I also find it dumb that mewtwo has the worst teleport in the game.(seriously? less range than the other two and no hitbox?) and no custom moves.(first thing i wanted to do was get disable out of there)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, now that I got some time with Mewtwo, I can say that he's nothing special.

He feels like a mixed bag in terms of speed, where some things are fast, but he's slow in general.
His double jump feels sluggish, I don't like it. And his back air would be good if it didn't feel so sluggish too, comes out too late too, imo.

His range is amazing though, mostly with his tilts. I found the best tactic to exploit that, and be more on the ground, and go in the air more for combos. it's cool... but I'm more of an air person, ya know? ;p

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It's been nine hours. Eighteen waves. That's how long I've been waiting. I've checked the spam folder, I checked other accounts, I checked the spam folders OF other accounts, every half hour since 9:30 AM. And still zip.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I have a suggestion :) How about changing the name's thread to "Reawakening of a Legend" or something similar? I don't know... I just never liked Spoon Sword. It doesn't even have anything to do with the Mewtwo we have in Smash.

CeruleanFlow

Smash Cadet
NNID
CeruleanFlow
It's been nine hours. Eighteen waves. That's how long I've been waiting. I've checked the spam folder, I checked other accounts, I checked the spam folders OF other accounts, every half hour since 9:30 AM. And still zip.
Check your Club Nintendo and make sure Mewtwo is in the to-do's, if it is, then you should get codes at some point, you just got incredibly unlucky. Or call Nintendo Support, Nintendo Support is really helpful and I'm sure if you're cool about it they will be more than willing to help you out or explain what's going on.

Top Bottom