• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
No codes. I just left home for the evening. Debated sticking around for a slightly later train but decided against it. I won't be home for about 7 hours but will hopefully be downloading Mewtwo before bed.

SO both Samus's fully charged Charge Shot and Mewtwo's fully charged Shadow Ball deal 25%. HOWEVER in training, with the CPU set to control (no DI), on omega Great Cave Offensive, from the spawn points, Shadow Ball gets red thunder on Bowser at 102%, while Charge Shot gets it at 103%.

Yay?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
HOLY GOD JUST CHECKED MY SPAM MAIL IT WAS THERE SINCE 6 IN THE MORNING!!!!
MINE TOO! Although it wasn't in the spam or trash, it apparently was just there and I wasn't seeing it for some reason. I did a quick search for "Club Nintendo" in my inbox and BAM. I'm so stupid.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
He's got some cool combos from what I've tried. Anybody know any other combos?
Check out the UpB slide/Ledge cancel thread in the main forums, there's some good stuff there. And I agree, his movements are just so fluid that it's easy to string combos; easier than most characters if you ask me. Or at least compared to Lucario (who I played a lot of while waiting for my main.)

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I just went to training mode and slowed the game to 1/4 speed just to see how good his animations are. The amount of detail in all of his moves is top notch.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say he has a lot of awesome combos. I, for one, have an incredibly difficult time comboing with this guy. D-Throw is slow and characters can mash out of confusion. Am I missing something?

Anyway, as much as I love the guy, I'm kind of doubting he'll be mid-tier. It may just be that I have a hard time using him, but he has some glaring flaws as well. Not that this'd stop me from practicing him. I wouldn't main Charizard if I cared that much about theoretical tiers.

ilikcereal101

Smash Cadet
Any one else realize that his dair kills off the top? In the air not just on the ground also can get some nice mix up recoveries from the momentum you get from fully charged shadow ball almost like a wave dash

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Mewtwo's dtilt seems too damaging tbh
haven't looked at the % amount chart for Mewtwo yet, but I've played a few matches against a lot of mewtwos

some of them just don't feel right, Mewtwos double jump is too floaty tbh

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say he has a lot of awesome combos. I, for one, have an incredibly difficult time comboing with this guy..

They're probs talking about his tilts.
His d-tilt and u-tilt string stupidly well into everything. SH f-air into bounced confusion is also really silly.
Any hit but the final hit of n-air also sets up really well for things.

Confusion in general seems more like a yomi tool. It's either "You're gonna swing at me and or fall and get smashed" so you're basically forcing them into a 50/50 mix up between teching and getting smashed, which KO's or a throw....which, also KO's eventually. LMAO.

They can probably jump as well though, which is a shame, but that also means they have no second jump now and can chase there landing fairly well.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I'm sorry guys.

I had to.
Accually fire emblems roy is in speculation

New rumor of sound files located.

They hint roy and ryu (street fighter)

However due to megaman from capcom im calling fake.

By the way, weird how come mewtwo is not in the all-star mode line up?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Accually fire emblems roy is in speculation

New rumor of sound files located.

They hint roy and ryu (street fighter)

However due to megaman from capcom im calling fake.

By the way, weird how come mewtwo is not in the all-star mode line up?
He was in the All-Star line-up for me.

And Roy is one of the few characters I don't want to see return for a very long time.
We've already got one inferior Marth clone. We don't need another let alone the worst Lord in the series.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Overall, after a day of Mewtwo I can safely say that I am really happy with him. Awesome taunts, love his voice, amazing victory animations. Kinda sad about no customs, but it's not a big deal to me.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Still waiting for that code. Starting to get a little nervous.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
No disrespect, not at all
but mewtwo's usmash has a wide slide and actually, very long range for his hitbox for usmash, which doesn't seem fair tbh, and his recovery is like ness but with palutenas warp, that second jump is really huge, as in the size of 2x Mario's up-b recovery
/rant
ill stop now

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Anyone else notice FG now has better players?
Good and bad thing for me,
I can now fight with real players, but I get rekt too easily
Weekdays tend to have better players than weekends for me, probably due to less players
who are just passing time and more players who are at least somewhat dedicated.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Weekdays tend to have better players than weekends for me, probably due to less players
who are just passing time and more players who are at least somewhat dedicated.
You play MH4U too?
Anyways, I have the feeling in my head of what they're doing " Ill warm up playing online for glory until I receive my code "

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
He was in the All-Star line-up for me.

And Roy is one of the few characters I don't want to see return for a very long time.
We've already got one inferior Marth clone. We don't need another let alone the worst Lord in the series.
And i just say mewtwo as a opponment on a youtube video of a all-star run.

Maybe i have to unlock every character for mewtwo to be in all-star mode + classic and smash tour/run

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
And my next attempt to help out waiters

Try searching club nintendo.

Oh by the way got mewtwos hammer swing animation

THANK YOU its the same but mewtwo is not holding his head like he had a headache anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got my codes sometime in-between 8 and 2 today, and started playing when I got home. I love Mewtwo's animations, especially when he turns around repeatedly carrying a heavy item like a crate.

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
I love how he plays now. Much better than in melee.
EDIT: anybody wanna play me? :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom