• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Still nothing over here. For ****'s sakes, how many waves could there possibly be to go through?!

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I want to call this Mewtoxys. Mewtwo is still really light, however Mewtwo's a good deal faster especially in the air. Also, Mewtwo's smash attacks are very powerful and the throws still kill especially with rage. Basically, easy to kill but can kill you very easily too.

No custom moves is a letdown because I can't replace the only slightly better disable and I lose a degree of personalization.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
So how is Mewtwo overall? Better than Melee?
Definitely better than Melee.

Also yes the opponent can act out of confusion but you get to act first. You can up tilt heavier characters but the floatier characters you should just move away from because you'll probably trade at best.

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Mewtwo tournament brackets are now open.
It genuinely makes me happy that you're feeling better^-^
It's pretty much the exact same situation where a veteran (get it ?!) is meeting back with a family after years of being apart but still deeply missed.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Bruh, I had time to play a couple of matches (have to do work today still >.<) to play Mewtwo and the thing feels pretty fluid and floaty, just like old times.

Couldn't really care less right now about what's changed, and I've gotten rekt by lvl 9 CPU's a couple of times but it's all part of the learning experience. Mewtwo also is probably the character for me who'll cover the bases that Sonic doesn't :3 (Also on that topic, Sonic got nerfed, I hope you Sonic naysayers are happy).

As for those who are still waiting on codes, I'm pretty sure they're being sent out in waves. I'm not sure what order they're going in though.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
The CSS looks absolutely terrible; they didnt fix any of the pre-existing mistakes, some series' (serieses?) are split up, and Mewtwo is separate from the Pokemon. Everything else about Mewtwo is great but whyyyy is that so bad

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So how is Mewtwo overall? Better than Melee?
He's a lot smoother and fluid to play. A lot of his attacks have spacial momentum (ie if you double jump and immediately Nair you get a lot of vertical momentum) so you can string combos easily and is a beast off stage and in the air. Definitely more improved than Melee. Also seems a bit heavier and not as easy go KO but still lighter than he should be. Some attacks leave you open for attack unfortunately (like dtilt) but I'm really loving Confusion, deals a good 10%in addition to leaving your opponents open for an attack. Disable is ok, wish they kept the secondary knockback effect. Overall this Mewtwo is straight up BADASS. If you watch him in slow motion the details they put in his movements and postures are so primal/scary yet graceful. My favorite one is if you press shield when on a ledge, he does this alien-like spin.. SO AWESOME!

This light...The rapture...Our Fair Lady has returned! Paradise is finally open! Oh how I've been waiting for this day! Judgement day!

...Wait that's not the Miriam Pultro voice ah whatever just guide me to salvation our fair man lady,.
Mewtwo will herald the apocalypse! Muahahaha!

RIP Femtwo. Sorry to the 3 people that wanted you :p

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Good thing I went to sleep, I finally got my codes at 10:30 (CST). You guys that are waiting, you are going to love him, I guarantee it! :D

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
This is just nuts. I hope I didn't do something wrong when registering my games on CN (god forbid)
Contact Nintendo dude. But odds are the emails are still being sent out in waves. You'll get there!

PS, If anyone wants to practice send me a PM and let's exchange friend codes. I have the WHOLE day off work and I'll just be practicing and celebrating Mewtwo ;)

Last edited:

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
This is just nuts. I hope I didn't do something wrong when registering my games on CN (god forbid)
Did you get your soundtrack CD? If you did, it means both games were registered properly, and you have nothing to do but wait. I have an hour before I have a train to catch. I'm sure my codes will arrive 5 minutes after I'm out the door so I can play Mewtwo around midnight when I get back.
:150:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I got Mewtwo around 6:30AM. I didn't know until I woke up from a dream about spiders falling from the ceiling around 7:30AM. I got to try him out in a few rounds of Smash Run before going back to sleep. Now that I'm awake, I played a bit on the Wii U. I think they modified the Melee voice and used it.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I got Mewtwo around 6:30AM. I didn't know until I woke up from a dream about spiders falling from the ceiling around 7:30AM. I got to try him out in a few rounds of Smash Run before going back to sleep. Now that I'm awake, I played a bit on the Wii U. I think they modified the Melee voice and used it.
I got the codes exactly 5 mns after midnight, downloaded him and didn't have to wait for the ban to lift. My friends said they had to wait til this morning to dl him. Woo! Thank you Sakurai!

But yeah his voice does sound Melee-ish, but I think it's re-recorded, they sound HD and slighlty different.

Just got me codes. Finally!
Welcome to the club!

Last edited:

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
Finally got my codes at about 10 am this morning (California). They mailed it to the address that I registered with rather than the address I changed to later.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey, everyone! Just got back from the appointment and thankfully nothing seems to hurt too much. Looking at videos on YouTube, Mewtwo seems fantastic.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
So people are still waiting for the email, hopefully mine gets here before 5pm so I can just start the game up right after I get home from school.

As of what I've seen so far Mewtwo is looking great, the only complaints are lack of customs and some of the color choices. The voice itself is ok but it just seems off, like the low volume and the tone sounding like it was recorded on a phone.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Does anybody else here still not have codes? This is getting ridiculous.

Top Bottom