• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Honestly though. as cute as Mew is....she is the only one truly capable of standing up to Mewtwo.
And yes, SHE, because she technically is his mother.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I missed mewtwos number

Atleast i got here for mewtwo moms number

(Reminder the mewtwo from the first movie was from a pregnant mew.)

But 9 days thats going to be a wait

I can assume the missing stuff is melee set as well.

But what about customs.

EDIT:ok scratch the mews number page thing.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I missed mewtwos number

Atleast i got here for mewtwo moms number

(Reminder the mewtwo from the first movie was from a pregnant mew.)

But 9 days thats going to be a wait

I can assume the missing stuff is melee set as well.

But what about customs.
No you didn't.

Welcome to Johto. :3

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
His F-Smash was already confirmed to be the same Kame-Hame-Ha, which is actually Psychic (that's his Psychic animation in Pokemon Stadium 1/2).

Everything BUT U-Air, U-Tilt, D-Tilt and Spot Dodge has been confirmed to be exactly like Melee. (Even things like DJ, Running animation, etc.)
Where was it confirmed?

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I love Johto! Gold and Silver were my favorite Pokemon games.

Also, we have now an avatar on the character forums!

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

Honestly though. as cute as Mew is....she is the only one truly capable of standing up to Mewtwo.
And yes, SHE, because she technically is his mother.
one mew created ONE mewtwo.
im pretty sure mews are a species with a breeding population. (they are rare and stuff... so their numbers are few) hence my shiny mew avi (im a guy btw :3) also, mewtwo was probably tampered with while mew was either pregnant with it or it was in infancy (the game mewtwo, the anime and games are different canons)
while we are on the topic... im pretty certain theres more than one of a species of legendary pokemon. like ho-oh or lugia appearing in johto or (gen 6) hoenn..... or the creation trio appearing in gen4 sinnoh and gen 6 hoenn. my theory is that there is a breeding population of most legendaries, hence why nature isnt screwed up if one is captured. it would also explain that shiny pokemon can be legendary. also, i dont think they can be bred in captivity, only in the wild, hence group x.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Yay! Finally caught up with the thread! :bluejump:

You guys took all of pages 150 and 151 while I was sleeping and taking a placement test though. Not fair :glare:
Or post a picture like this...

I tried so hard to not like this, but Mew made me. Love the little troll :3. :151: Mewtwo's cool too :p
*Rummages through old pictures* Hey! Turns out I actually made Mewtwo fanart a while back! Although, it also involved Sonic. It's kinda weird. But it's my own Original the Character so DO NOT STEAL. >:3

(Gonna wanna open it in a new tab or something; it's pretty big normally, but really small in spoiler)

And with this talk of drawing new avatars, I might as well do one for myself. But it's 2am so I should probably wait ._.

*EDIT: Screw it. That above fanart's becoming my next avatar.
Wow, that's pretty good! I love Sonic character designs.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I just had a thought: Would Mewtwo be released when it turns the 15th in Japan? Or would he be released incrementally?

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I just had a thought: Would Mewtwo be released when it turns the 15th in Japan? Or would he be released incrementally?
I'm almost next to sure that digital releases are based on EST. If you're getting a code, I have no clue how Nintendo plans on distributing those.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
I cant believe we're getting mewtwo next Wednesday.
Feels too good to be true.

Hitting the lab ASAP.

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I cant believe we're getting mewtwo next Wednesday.
Feels too good to be true.

Hitting the lab ASAP.
You're not the only one! If you don't mind, it'd be nice to have a training partner and report results and possible combos to the thread. I only have the 3DS version though.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
one mew created ONE mewtwo.
im pretty sure mews are a species with a breeding population. (they are rare and stuff... so their numbers are few) hence my shiny mew avi (im a guy btw :3) also, mewtwo was probably tampered with while mew was either pregnant with it or it was in infancy (the game mewtwo, the anime and games are different canons)
while we are on the topic... im pretty certain theres more than one of a species of legendary pokemon. like ho-oh or lugia appearing in johto or (gen 6) hoenn..... or the creation trio appearing in gen4 sinnoh and gen 6 hoenn. my theory is that there is a breeding population of most legendaries, hence why nature isnt screwed up if one is captured. it would also explain that shiny pokemon can be legendary. also, i dont think they can be bred in captivity, only in the wild, hence group x.
Eh? Mewtwo was grown in a lab with samples they found from Mew.. in the manga iirc, he's part Pokemon part human. As far as Mew, I like the idea of it being the only one of its kind. Like how there can only be one Arceus.

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Eh? Mewtwo was grown in a lab with samples they found from Mew.. in the manga iirc, he's part Pokemon part human. As far as Mew, I like the idea of it being the only one of its kind. Like how there can only be one Arceus.
Which manga are you referring to?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
As a genwunner, I've always liked the simple explanation found in the ruins of Cinnabar mansion: "Feb. 6: Mew gave birth. We named the child Mewtwo."

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
My theory is that the Red/Blue Mewtwo was born from Mew, and tampered with by scientists.

Firered/Leafgreen Mewtwo and Movie Mewtwo are the same (DNA of Mew copied and tampered with)

As for legendaries appearing in different regions, that is probably due to Hoopa shenanigans. I doubt there is more than one creation trio, although a baby Lugia was shown in one of the movies.

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Not sure, it's been awhile. But I remember reading that the scientist made Mewtwo by combining his DNA and the sample they found of Mew. Gotta find it..
Pokemon Adventures Manga. Blaine used DNA from his arm when Mew's wasn't enough.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
You're not the only one! If you don't mind, it'd be nice to have a training partner and report results and possible combos to the thread. I only have the 3DS version though.
Sounds great!
I have both!
But dont really play 3DS lol

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
Tbh, I don't think Mewtwo will be that great of a character competitively. Nowhere near Melee, but I feel like he'll end up around where Toon Link was in Brawl. He just seems like such a flawed character by design, being tall and lightweight, that it reminds me of Palutena in a lot of ways. Awesome debut trailer, broken looking up smash, mobility shown, and a safe teleporting recovery. But then the game drops and nobody bothers exploring the character. Now people think Palutena is low tier garbage without customs.
Mewtwo, however, is different. By day 1 we could already have a matchup chart for him given the amount of people who are going to try to main him. Any techs he has will be discovered ludicrously fast.
What I'm saying is that he's going to come off as a solid character, but suffer from Captain Falcon Syndrome. Everyone uses him for a while and then online there will be mostly scrubs using him, with the occasional balls-to-the-wall 0-death wombo combo offstage Knee-> 360 Falcon Punch Zero-level player.

CeruleanFlow

Smash Cadet
NNID
CeruleanFlow
I'm hoping for:

-Disable Buff
-Confusion Buff
-Hopefully a decent amount heavier
-Good knock back on Shadow Ball
-I would love to see a down throw to Confusion combo into something awesome
-Male voice (Watched the move last night with Female Mewtwo, I didn't used to care, but now I have a preference)
- Act out of Teleport

Just a few things, I'm imagining they've already been talked about but I've missed a good 50 pages of this thing since the Direct.. Nice to be back and talk for a bit!

@U-Throw LOVE the profile picture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom