• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You mean, all of the attacks having different animations and such? I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Oh no somee of the attacks from melee are perfect they just need more power and knockback strength only a couple of the attacks need to be revamped. (Example like maybe down smash he gets both sides instead of one side.)

Banette

Smash Cadet
Still at out favourite generation? Mine has to be adventure: Chuumon is just so endearing, and I loved watching the protagonists grow during the events, especially Mimi and Palmon :186:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I think Mewtwo needs to have his Shadow Ball Revamped, Like having two of them being charged up in both hands rather than just one.

Makes him more fun to play in my opinion from the other charge B characters.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Favorite gen: all except from 3
Favorite anime: Oragne Islands probably.

Least fav gen: 3
Least favorite anime: Don't know, haven't watched in a while, heard the gen V anime was cringe though.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
I hope Mewtwo comes soon or either day now. I really can't wait any longer.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The best overall generation is 2. Gold/Silver were awesome and the only problem with battles is that there weren't enough good boost moves so the meta game was a bit too stall oriented.

Gen 6 is the worst to me because X/Y/OR/AS all feel like Pokemon: Mystic Quest. The metagame is no escape either because gamefreak seems to have given up with balance entirely and threw out a bunch of crap like Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence, and Aegislash. I guess that's why god said let there be fan communities with their own metagames.

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Favourite gen: 4
Least favourite: 1
I like the generation 1 Pokemon, but the games themselves are pretty bad.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Oh right. R/B/Y are actually the worst. As silly as gen 6 is at least they didn't give us a type that take super effective damage from only 2 very weak moves and are immune to a very weak move that should've been super effective among other problems.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Answering that new topic on SmashRiver64's To Do thing...what I wouldn't do for 40 CN coins right now.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

I always preferred Zoroark over Lucario...
I'm still sad Zoroark never became playable..he would have been pretty epic.
I would have preferred Zoroark over Greninja.. but yes I was hoping for Zoroark as well.

Is anybody else so excited for Mewtwo that you lie in bed awake for hours on end just imagining that moment when he appears in the roster after you download him and then play him for the first time? Somewhat common scenario for me as of late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7FTmJ1gU9M

Ugh.... apparently these are some more leaks, but I recognized them instantly as PM. The blurry camera just makes it even more obvious. Talk about desperate.

Though, I can understand being 'desperate' right now. I've never wanted an entire week to just go by so much in my life.
YES. 100% I haven't nerded out like this in so long. Constantly checking news, these boards, my email. I can't wait.. I keep thinking how awesome he'll look in HD, what his moveset will be, the trailer that would start off with sirens.. definitely HYPED! As I mentioned before I haven't been able to enjoy the game to its full extent because my main isn't in there.. Lucario is awesome (and his fur matches my hair) but he's no Mewtwo.. when he comes out I'm going to be playing non-stop..

Last edited:

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Because a sentient pile of trash is an awful design, whereas a living pool of toxic sludge is so creative.

I'm not saying Gen V was my favorite. That honor goes to Gen VI, but Gen V was still really good, and the whole "bad designs" arguments never really made sense to me.
Sure, go ahead and cherry pick stuff I didn't even mention. Am I not allowed to dislike a Gen? That wasn't even my only issue with the games. Too many inatimate object and humanoid designs. I didn't like the storyline, the first gym, the fact that there was 19 different storyline battles within the first 20 minutes of playing.

Banette also nailed it.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Favorite gen: all except from 3
Favorite anime: Oragne Islands probably.

Least fav gen: 3
Least favorite anime: Don't know, haven't watched in a while, heard the gen V anime was cringe though.
Don't have a favorite Gen, although Gens II, III, and IV would be my favorites by far, least favorite would probably be VI since I need Wi-Fi in order to transfer.

Least favorite anime would definitely be V by far (Iris and Cilan were very bad companions for Ash to tag along with and they should have used Brock one last time before finally handing it off to another character and Iris will go down as the worst female companion Ash ever had in the entire series, and it's a shame because she's going to get the same return treatment that Misty, May and Dawn got in past seasons which means even more annoyance from the kid-calling Iris, all the other female companions Ash had prior to Iris were at least well liked and respectable, except for May, since she was the 1st female to replace Misty), can't really judge VI's anime incarnation, since it seems to be a mini-Hoenn rehash in style (Ash has no rivals just like in Hoenn) and it's tons of miels ahead of what Gen V's anime was (only good parts were the Meloetta saga and the N saga but even the N saga was screwed up because of that delay when the tsunami hit in 2011, that spoiled the original Team Plasma's debut), but the storyline seems to be drawing a possible end for Ash, since he and Serena seem to be forming a possible romantic bond with 1-another which we never had before in the series, unless you count the nurmerous times Dawn blushed at Ash when he comes to cheer her up or Misty getting jealous twice in 2 movies, (in 1 episode Serena and Ash date) Clemont is just as bad as Cilan in the way he's being handled (only instead of food puns which is what ruined Cilan's character, he keeps having his inventions blow up in his face Team-Rocket style), but he gets a pass since his little sister Bonnie is super adorable (love her character overall and the way she acts around cute Pokemon, but hate the fact she's copying off of Brock's lust for girls by trying to force them to marry her older brother the moment she sees them, makes me think Bonnie's not who she seems to be).

Then again, I grew out of Pokemon (at least the anime that is, haven't watched a full series since the D/P saga ended).

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Gens III, IV, and VI are my likely my top 3. Gen V was eh, Gen I was good, but I never really BEAT the elite 4, and I never really bothered with Gen II.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Gen 2.

Gen 2 all day.

Gen 2 every day.

<3
Gen 2, mostly because Tyranitar, Typhlosion and Ampharos were my favorites from that Gen along with Steelix, and the random few moments that I had with a level 100 Porygon2 1-shotting Red's level 75 Snorlax with Hyper Beam (that thing is a pain to take out even for a level 100, unless that level 100 is Tyranitar).

I love your sig @ N3ON N3ON how you get them?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My favorite is gen 3, if my avatar didn't give it away. I just really loved the atmosphere of that game, especially in the Fortree City region.
I also introduced Absol, my favorite Pokemon.

My least favorite it gen 2, mostly because it just felt like an extension of generation 1. But even then, some of my favorites still come from there, including the legendary beast and Houndoom.

C3CC

Smash Lord
You racist.

Anyway, my birthday is in a week, I'll be getting and registering Smash Wii U then, just in the nick of time. It would be great if Mewtwo dropped on the 28th.
D:! No no, I didn't mean it in a bad way. It's just that I don't like that language, that's all. Hopefully you'll receive Mewtwo as your birthday gift :)

My favorite generation would have to be 5. I just loved Black/White's storyline. Gen 5 also introduced two of my three favorite Pokémon: Hydreigon and Volcarona (the other is Alakazam). It felt fresh by not letting you catch any old Pokémon until you beat the Elite Four, and I really liked that.

My least favorite would have to be either 4 or 6. I just found those two so... boring, plain. I don't really know how to describe it. When playing X, sometimes I felt like I wasn't playing Pokémon, but something else. That, and the designs of many, many Gen 6 Pokémon just plain sucked (even though every generation has had its fair share of both awesome and awful Pokémon). That being said, that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy Gens 4 and 6, it's just that they are the ones I enjoyed the least.

Gens 1, 2 and 3 just hold a special place in my heart because they were part of my childhood, so it's impossible for me to see them not wearing my nostalgia goggles. They all have their unique charm.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
You click the link, and find the characters you're looking for. And if they're not there, you ask me to make them. And then I do, several days later. ;)
Well, I know I'll ask for some *Eye Wink and then a ding*

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I always preferred Zoroark over Lucario...
I'm still sad Zoroark never became playable..he would have been pretty epic.
If Zoroark doesn't at least make it into Pokken Fighters imma be pissed.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Zoroark has been in Gen VI instead of V I have little doubt he would've been included over Greninja.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
There are a few reasons why I was never a big fan of Gen V - one of them was because I felt it was too early for a new generation of Pokémon games and I didn't like some of the new Pokémon designs at all. Looking at you, Vanillite. Not to mention Stunfisk - Based on a stonefish, nonetheless! (It's terrifyingly poisonous, no, stonefish are venomous, so Stunfisk should not be an electric type in my opinion- and it makes me worried, even though I live in the NSW and they live in Queensland!

Anyways, I really should get back to playing XY/ORAS... Only 7 Badges in Y and just barely started αSapphire. That's where I'm up to in Gen VI. Though I feel a bit in the dark with the fast pace announcements and the controversy about Mega Rayquaza.

Topic: What were some of the worst decisions or mistakes you ever made in a Pokémon game? For me in the original Sapphire, it was releasing my Starter and running away from Kyogre. fades away into the shadows

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If generations were about the pokemon you don't like, I'd despise gen 1 for the likes of Jynx, Mr.Mime, and Lickitung. Jynx is still my least favorite pokemon to date; far worse then anything gen 5 could of brought.
But gen 1 also brought Venusuar, Blastoise, Charizard, Mewtwo, Arcanine, Ninetails, and Arbok, some of my favorites.

Likewise, gen 5 had a lot of pokemon I don't like.
But it also had Serperior, Samurott, Zoroak, Haxorus, Zebstrika, Unfezant, Scolipede, Sigilyph, and a ton of other Pokemon I love.

...I have a lot of favorites.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
okay guys, you knew it was coming to this

top 5 best and worst pokemon in your opinions

ready, set, go!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Jeez this is gonna be difficult for me to decide one.
My favorites are actually changing constantly. Oftentimes, I don't even realize how much I love a Pokemon until I actually use it.

My top 5
1) Absol (Mega and Non-mega)
2) Suicune
3) Mega Venusaur
4) Arcanine
5) Houndoom (Non-mega)

My bottom 5
1) Jynx
2) Mega Sharpedo (How did they make that thing so ugly?)
3) Mega Heracross (I like non-mega Heracross though)
4) Aromatisse
5) Mega Mewtwo X

Megas are a real hit or miss for me. I either love them or I hate them.
Sometimes they're freaking awesome. But other times, they can completely ruin one of my many favorite pokemon for me.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
It was hard to decide because I like a lot of Pokemon
Top 5 best:
1. Lucario
2. Mewtwo
3. Delphox
4. Eelektross (lel how am I even floating?)
5. Shuckle (the stall is real!)
(bonus fav) Ampharos (the mega form also helps, the fab haaaair)

Top 5 worst:
1. Trubbish (garbage.... literally)
2. Garbodor
3. Stunfisk (the **** you smiling about?)
4. Kling-Klang (best name ever)
5. Kyurem white (Im sorry but theres just too much stuff going on with this pokemon, kinda hard to believe that its a pokemon sometimes)

Last edited:

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
I already have my Top 5, just not a particular order:

1. Mewtwo
2. Weavile
3. Garchomp
4. Darkrai
5. Palkia

I don't really hate any Pokemon save these ones, they just make me angry:

1. Mr. Mime
2. Jynx
3. Aromatisse
4. Slurpuff
5. Lickitung/Lickilicky

Banette

Smash Cadet
I can't say the Pokémon I'm going to list are "good" design objectively; just my humble favourites (bonus points for those who can guess my favourite type of Pokémon):
  1. Misdreavus
  2. Banette
  3. Mawile
  4. Pumpkaboo
  5. Mr. Mime (I'm sorry)
For worst, there are a few Pokémon that I legitemately dislike (did Dialga fall on its head as a child?), but I like to blame the artstyle instead, as even these select few embody a neat concept usually - I can't hate a Pokémon :nervous:

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

ready, set, go!
Best
  1. Greninja
  2. Lucario
  3. Mew
  4. Empoleon
  5. Serperior
Honorable mention to (Mega) Charizard (X)
Worst (this is hard ;_; )
  1. Gothita
  2. Gothorita
  3. Jynx
  4. Mr. Mime
  5. Stunfisk
That's a lot of Psychic types...

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111

ready, set, go!
1.Mewtwo
2.Flygon
3.Gliscor
4.Krookodile
5.Sceptile
Honorable Mentions (they would all be in if i didnt have a limit qnq)
1.Charizard
2.Houndoom
3.Ditto
4.Mew
5.Ampharos
6.Greninja
7.Sableye
8.Espeon
9.Breloom
Hated
1.Klefki
2.Wynaut
3.Togekiss
4.Jynx
5.Lugia

Also, off topic, but I went to Sunday Sunday Sunday Smash today and managed to get tied for 7th!
Really proud of how I did.
Heres the challonge.
http://challonge.com/SSSSONE/standings#

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
I can't say the Pokémon I'm going to list are "good" design objectively; just my humble favourites (bonus points for those who can guess my favourite type of Pokémon):
  1. Misdreavus
  2. Banette
  3. Mawile
  4. Pumpkaboo
  5. Mr. Mime (I'm sorry)
For worst, there are a few Pokémon that I legitemately dislike (did Dialga fall on its head as a child?), but I like to blame the artstyle instead, as even these select few embody a neat concept usually - I can't hate a Pokémon :nervous:
I'm not going to attack you for it or anything, but what about Mr. Mime appeals to you? I genuinely can't see it.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Best:
1. Mewtwo
2. Pichu (Melee is the reason he's one of my favorites)
3. Genesect
4 & 5. Tie between Darkrai and Deoxys

Best (not counting legendaries):
1. Pichu
2. Greninja
3. Snorlax
4. Ditto
5. Primeape

Worst:
I can't think of any I actually hate.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
Why do I feel like Mewtwo will come out tomorrow? Sure, it' s like when he was announced on the 23rd of October last year, but I think I'm just over thinking.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Top 5 best (atm):
1. Mewtwo
2. Gardevoir
3. Lucario/Greninja (can't decide)
4. Darkrai
5. Sceptile
Honorable Mentions: Rayquaza, Giratina, Deoxys, Absol, Glaceon, and Latias.
Can't think of any dislikes.
Hated
5.Lugia
Why do you hate Lugia?
Why do I feel like Mewtwo will come out tomorrow? Sure, it' s like when he was announced on the 23rd of October last year, but I think I'm just over thinking.
It could happen, but it also could NOT happen. I WANT that to happen, but it's not guaranteed.

Top Bottom