• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

godogod

Smash Ace
Meh I wouldn't be able to stand a feminine Mewtwo anymore than a masculine Jigglypuff. To be realistic, the odds are it will be masculine (not male exactly) or feral (Pokemon Origins). There's a slim chance that it might be female because of that (really really bad) movie but if we're talking about gender equality, why can't he just have his traditional masculine voice? Are females not allowed to sound like guys now? Just saying ;)

He's genderless anyway.
Who are you to say that movie is bad?

Mewtwo is likely getting a Mewtwo Y form as a final smash, and that increases femwtwo voice over being included substantially. right now I'm guessing it could go either way. Male or female.

You just referred to Mewtwo as a male in your last post just like your previous paragraph..

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Who are you to say that movie is bad?

Mewtwo is likely getting a Mewtwo Y form as a final smash, and that increases femwtwo voice over being included substantially. right now I'm guessing it could go either way. Male or female.

You just referred to Mewtwo as a male in your last post just like your previous paragraph..
Just because Mewtwo would get Mewtwo Y doesn't change anything. It didn't change for Lucario or any of the Pokemon, the odds are low for Femtwo - not that I would be completely against it. My point is what a character is most iconic for. And one bad movie where Mewtwo's voice was feminine VS the rest of his reputation as a masculine figure is the argument.

And it doesn't take a professional eye to figure out that that Genesect movie was bad. The story was cliche, the animation was mediocre and there wasn't anything to take away from it other than it was nice seeing MMY. But if it helps, I have a BFA in illustration and aesthetics is part of my career.

And I refer to Mewtwo as a He because the Mewtwo I've come to love and know is the one from the first movie and early anime series which had masculine attributes. I can choose It, which seems demeaning or She, but that's not the Mewtwo I grew up with.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Just because Mewtwo would get Mewtwo Y doesn't change anything. It didn't change for Lucario or any of the Pokemon, the odds are low for Femtwo - not that I would be completely against it. My point is what a character is most iconic for. And one bad movie where Mewtwo's voice was feminine VS the rest of his reputation as a masculine figure is the argument.

And it doesn't take a professional eye to figure out that that Genesect movie was bad. The story was cliche, the animation was mediocre and there wasn't anything to take away from it other than it was nice seeing MMY. But if it helps, I have a BFA in illustration and aesthetics is part of my career.

And I refer to Mewtwo as a He because the Mewtwo I've come to love and know is the one from the first movie and early anime series. I can choose It, which seems demeaning or She, but that's not the Mewtwo I grew up with.
What career do you have? :O

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I liked Gen 4 the best for some reason, I just loved the designs and feel of the world.
I really want to like Gen 5 but I rushed through it and can't remember anything from it.
Oh! I just wanted to give a heads up to everyone who frequently visits this thread; I'd love to have you all as friends on either my 3DS or Wii U version of Smash. You all need to hmu so we can play sometime. <3 My ID is Nightdazer. Please let me know if you sent me a request. Thank you!
Added

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well, the leak gotten taken down from 4Chan for some reason, so I haven't seen it. But, going from what you guys said, it was definitely fake, so I guess there's no point.
I couldn't get into it at all. The Pokémon designs were obviously a huge disappointment.
Because a sentient pile of trash is an awful design, whereas a living pool of toxic sludge is so creative.

I'm not saying Gen V was my favorite. That honor goes to Gen VI, but Gen V was still really good, and the whole "bad designs" arguments never really made sense to me.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well, the leak gotten taken down from 4Chan for some reason, so I haven't seen it. But, going from what you guys said, it was definitely fake, so I guess there's no point.

Because a sentient pile of trash is an awful design, whereas a living pool of toxic sludge is so creative.

I'm not saying Gen V was my favorite. That honor goes to Gen VI, but Gen V was still really good, and the whole "bad designs" arguments never really made sense to me.
What leak was this?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
What leak was this?
The supposed leak on the last page. It got debunked really fast, though, because they were using Smash 3's render and a some other pre-existing Mewtwo CSS model. I would link you to it, but like I said, the leak got taken down for some reason, so there isn't really a point.

Banette

Smash Cadet
I think what makes people dislike generation V, is the gradual change in artstyle that could arguably be noticed from generation III onward already: those who tried drawing Pokémon themselves will know that newer Pokémon tend to be made up only of simple shapes, and require not nearly as much effort as masterpieces like Abra, Nidoran♂, Rhyhorn, Tentacool... Compare Pikachu's old artwork to Emolga, and notice Emolga's simplicity; now look at Pikachu's Dream World artwork and see how even older Pokémon are simplified to fit the new standards.

Another important point I've noticed has changed over the years is how Game Freak has handles the Pokémon's eyes: again I'll mention Nidoran♂, but Onix and Tentacruel are other examples: we rarely see these "triangle" eyes that used to be so distinctive for Pokémon as these days, and even in evolved Pokémon (Amoonguss, Conkeldurr, Unfezant) eyes need to be larger in comparison, or, more importantly, friendlier.

There are exceptions to both of these rules (Stoutland), and there are comparisons that can be drawn between the different generations (Poliwrath and Scolipede, on the topic of eyes), but it's not hard to see that Pokémon design has indeed changed over the years, probably to make the franchise more accessible for both new designers, and for the children that are the Pokémon fans of today. We as the fans of old are left disappointed, because with this change in artstyle having Pokémon appeal even more to the younger fans, their newfound cuteness tends to come at the expense of a Pokémon's personality (again I'll use the example of Nidoran♂, who in his artwork looks a tad tense, which makes sense taking into account its Pokédex entry and its inspiration, as opposed to just cute).

I didn't mention any Pokémon of generation VI on purpose, as I genuinely appreciate a good number of them (Bergmite!) - I'll assume that GameFreak as well found their design was detoriating and opted to change things up. Generation III and IV introduced at that Pokémon that satisfied both audiences; I guess that generation V (which also brought us the controversial Dream World designs for Pikachu among other Pokémon) marked the focus on new design too clearly. although I'll add that in my opinion generation V's storyline made it worth playing still.

Now I know arguments like these have been made time and time again, with fans blaming all kind of design details - basing Pokémon on inanimate objects (Koffing), humans (Machoke), or technology (Porygon) - which goes to show that many perceive this change throughout the generations, but can't quite put their finger on the issue; above is just my explanation that keeps things vague in an attempt to make sense :nervous:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo2h4DlDLcc

The full video where Sakurai talked about Mewtwo. He shows up towards the end around the 1:15 mark.

The main guests are:
- Kenji Ito, one of the composers in Brawl and Smash 4
- Tomokazu Sugita, a Japanese voice actor who voices Chrom and Takamaru in Smash 4

They mostly talk about music and sound effects, hence the guests being a composer and a voice actor. Both Ito and Sugita are well known in regards to video game music and voice acting in Japan, respectively.

I don't think this means Sugita will voice Mewtwo in any way.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
There are still many pokemon from gen 5 that overall have sweet design; people simply tend to overlook them and focus on two or three designs (generally Garbodor and Vanilluxe) to say that the entire generation is bad. Nostalgia plays a huge factor as well, there are people who berate pokemon for being based off objects or being way to similar to animals (or for not looking similar enough to animals) yet we tend to forgive designs such as Grimer, Jynx, Rattata, Mr. Mime, etc. because we associate them with our childhood.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Great let's make all 4 Incredibles members DLC for Sm4sh, I claim Violet as always XD :troll:.

Can't wait for Mewtwo, but 1st I have to make an order on Amazon, because my circle pad/cover is screwing up my gameplay, and if a big IF we have to fight Mewtwo in order to get him on the roster, that circle pad issue is gonna cost me.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh by the way.

As for fixes for mewtwo

He/She will be floaty but will be harder to KO (more damage required to knock mewtwo off)

More KO options

A lot more longer range attacks (some attacks will be the same they were perfect.)

Mewtwo will be faster

Fixed and more useful specials (im hopeing mewtwo gets the same treatment as palutena and miis by the way.)

Last edited:

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
I really liked Gen 4, most likely because it was my first gen. For example, Sinnoh had friggin' awesome starters, and brought in my favorite legendary trio to date. It also introduced some other awesome new Pokemon, for example, Weavile, Darkrai, and Garchomp, which are some of my favorite Pokemon to date. It also had the Johto remake, which meant you could go out and catch Mewtwo.

Anyway, I like all the generations equally, save generation 2 because I've never played it. Then again, I enjoyed its remake, so I suppose Gen 2 was cool as well.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I really liked Gen 4, most likely because it was my first gen. For example, Sinnoh had friggin' awesome starters, and brought in my favorite legendary trio to date. It also introduced some other awesome new Pokemon, for example, Weavile, Darkrai, and Garchomp, which are some of my favorite Pokemon to date. It also had the Johto remake, which meant you could go out and catch Mewtwo.

Anyway, I like all the generations equally, save generation 2 because I've never played it. Then again, I enjoyed its remake, so I suppose Gen 2 was cool as well.
Gen 4 was also my first and I think it is tied with Gen III for having the best starters. Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Giratina and Shaymin Sky Forme are some of my favorite legendaries and Sinnoh was a nice region. As a whole, it is tied with Gen V as my favorite gen.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

My favorite starters from that Gen were Torterra and Empoleon (because they were unique in typing, and don't mind Infernape since he was the best out of the 3), and my favorite new Pokemon that they brought in were Lucario, Gallade, Magnezone, Electivire, and Magmotar, and my least favorite would have to be Garchomp (it had an awesome design, but god that thing could 1 shot anything that had a 4x times weakness to ground attacks it always slaughtered my poor Magnezone in 1 hit with Earthquake, plus it was by far the cheapest Pokemon in Gen IV before the Dragon type got a massive nerf, which is probably why we have Fairy types now), favorite legendaries would be Diagla and Giratina (Giratina's Origin forme, scared the heck out of me).

Would love to play ya Speed, but my local library is closed (always closes on Sundays), plus I'm trying to replace my circle pad cover.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Oh by the way.

As for fixes for mewtwo

He/She will be floaty but will be harder to KO (more damage required to knock mewtwo off)

More KO options

A lot more longer range attacks (some attacks will be the same they were perfect.)

Mewtwo will be faster

Fixed and more useful specials (im hopeing mewtwo gets the same treatment as palutena and miis by the way.)
You mean, all of the attacks having different animations and such? I wouldn't get your hopes up.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Like I said before, my favorite Gen is Generation VI. Gen IV was my first, but I wasn't very good at Pokémon and didn't play it too often. I also picked up Gen V, and I actually played that one all the way through. I thought it was really, really enjoyable. However, Gen VI was the first Pokémon game I played on a regular basis and seriously thought through. I guess maybe that's why it's my favorite, but it also had Mewtwo, a really cool looking enemy team, some of the more creative Starter Pokémon, and it introduced Dragalge, who is currently my second favorite Pokémon.

However, I really do like all of the Generations a lot. Props to Gen I for Mewtwo, obviously, and Gens III and IV for their interesting weather/creation themed Legendaries.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo2h4DlDLcc

The full video where Sakurai talked about Mewtwo. He shows up towards the end around the 1:15 mark.

The main guests are:
- Kenji Ito, one of the composers in Brawl and Smash 4
- Tomokazu Sugita, a Japanese voice actor who voices Chrom and Takamaru in Smash 4

They mostly talk about music and sound effects, hence the guests being a composer and a voice actor. Both Ito and Sugita are well known in regards to video game music and voice acting in Japan, respectively.

I don't think this means Sugita will voice Mewtwo in any way.
good thing we finally got that cleared up, now we can go back to poke fights about the voices :3

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Is anybody else so excited for Mewtwo that you lie in bed awake for hours on end just imagining that moment when he appears in the roster after you download him and then play him for the first time? Somewhat common scenario for me as of late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7FTmJ1gU9M

Ugh.... apparently these are some more leaks, but I recognized them instantly as PM. The blurry camera just makes it even more obvious. Talk about desperate.

Though, I can understand being 'desperate' right now. I've never wanted an entire week to just go by so much in my life.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

I always preferred Zoroark over Lucario...
I'm still sad Zoroark never became playable..he would have been pretty epic.
It would have been based off of the movie it debuted in (thereby making it female, since it was the mom to the little Zorua in the movie), had Smash bros 4 been released during Gen V or had Gen V lasted a bit longer to the point where Gen VI wasn't even thought up of yet, we would have had Zororak playable instead of Greninja.

Plus Zororak was intended to be the Gen V counterpart/version of Lucario anyways, but it never panned out, because of how weak it was competitively (it had strong offensive stats, but it's defensive stats were even worse than Lucario's base 70 stats for defense).

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Is anybody else so excited for Mewtwo that you lie in bed awake for hours on end just imagining that moment when he appears in the roster after you download him and then play him for the first time? Somewhat common scenario for me as of late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7FTmJ1gU9M

Ugh.... apparently these are some more leaks, but I recognized them instantly as PM. The blurry camera just makes it even more obvious. Talk about desperate.

Though, I can understand being 'desperate' right now. I've never wanted an entire week to just go by so much in my life.
Do these people honestly think that we haven't played or seen Project M? Seriously, they're going to have to try way harder than that if they want to convince anyone of their "leaks."
Also, I thought I was the only one who did that! It's nice to know that there other people out there who are so excited about Mewtwo that they can't go to sleep.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Do these people honestly think that we haven't played or seen Project M? Seriously, they're going to have to try way harder than that if they want to convince anyone of their "leaks."
Also, I thought I was the only one who did that! It's nice to know that there other people out there who are so excited about Mewtwo that they can't go to sleep.
Maybe they just was Sakurai to release the dlc sooner by posting all these leaks...

Top Bottom