• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
He's getting close, quick someone gets Majora's Mask on so we can start the countdown.

My hype is soo powerful that even the moon can't contain it.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
****. Sakurai barely says a sentence about Mewtwo and this thread has like 10 new people, lol.

Also, I can't ****ing wait!

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
There is no RNG abuse that I know of in X. I lasted almost two months SR to get both haha.
There is a few I know of, Mesuda put in an egg number to help with trading, where if a certain egg was matched with a certain trainer the egg would be a shiny, so mere weeks later some people made a external app in which you'd trade to a bot which would than generate numbers to match and spew out a guaranteed 100% shiny.

GF has since taken that feature back, and said in a PR language "We gave you something cool, and you abused it, go f**k yourself"

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Mewtwo hype or something hooray I guess

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I should've stuck to that deviantart girlfriend that totally lives in japan so I can have her translate and take the credit when I post it. However my devotion to Mewtwo must be pure for her favor and protection.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I hope by "soon" Sakurai meant within the next couple of weeks. I wonder if we'll even get a direct/announcement trailer now? There wouldn't be a point if it's close to or past the 31st because to those who haven't registered, it would just be a saaaaad tease. Unless of course they also announce that he'll be dlc soon.

He has to have a trailer though.. and a moveset preview..

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So since Mewtwo is coming right around the corner, what does this mean for EVO 2015 and customs? Will all games at EVO have Mewtwo added? (They probably will). Will Mewtwo customs have to be unlocked? (I hope not). If it does, maybe customs might start to be questioned of being included at EVO 2015...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
But I wonder about how close we're talking about, days? weeks? hopefully not months...
Days or weeks easily (sakurai said in the interview mewtwo is pretty much 99 or 100 percent done.)

constantly refreshing the page for new news XD
Why?

Its pretty much a lock now that mewtwo will be shown at the next worldwide direct which should be soon.

M24S4

Smash Cadet
I could also imagine that they won't show a trailer or anything (unless there's a direct soon), before they release him for the owners of both versions. I mean those people get mewtwo in any case, so they only have to persuade the rest, which can get mewtwo later, so a trailer which comes later makes also sence. Also duck hunt duo and bowser jr got their trailers after the 3ds release

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Words can't express my hype right now.
Not even gifs can.
There is no RNG abuse that I know of in X. I lasted almost two months SR to get both haha.
Ah, I assumed you caught it in HGSS.
Good job, then. Sorry for doubting you.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's nice to actually HEAR something for once.
>.> This was long overdue....
Not to say I'm not happy though. This is awesome....but now we wait...some more...

Finally...some spotlight....

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I would not be surprised if Mewtwo was released April 1st.

Forget April Fools Day. April 1st is also the day the Pokemon anime began 19 years ago. Seeing as how Smash Mewtwo is basically anime Mewtwo, what better way to celebrate the anniversary?

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
It's nice to actually HEAR something for once.
>.> This was long overdue....
Not to say I'm not happy though. This is awesome....but now we wait...some more...

Finally...some spotlight....
eee! i loves baby mewtwo <3i wanna hug the little guy and tell him not all humans are evil....

Banette

Smash Cadet
Now that I finally found a reason to post here sometime, I think I want to stick around if that's okay Embarrass Name's Banette, and since all characters I hoped to play in the new Super Smash Bros. were confirmed as assist trophies (or were just not seen again), I have tried lots of characters, but never sticked with any as of now. Although I cannot say now if I'll end up "maining" Mewtwo, I'm certainly looking forward to its release, and am as much of a fan of the world's strongest Pokémon as you are I think.

Nice to meet y'all!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welcome aboard our spoony hype train, Banette!

Just promise not to exploit your Ghost STAB against all the Mewtwo mains hanging our around here.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
eee! i loves baby mewtwo <3i wanna hug the little guy and tell him not all humans are evil....

Mewtwo lost so much before he was even born...
To think, he wasn't so different from his mother at first.

If things had played out differently....well....

I think we can safely say he would have had one of the kinder souls in the Pokemon world.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Now that I finally found a reason to post here sometime, I think I want to stick around if that's okay Embarrass Name's Banette, and since all characters I hoped to play in the new Super Smash Bros. were confirmed as assist trophies (or were just not seen again), I have tried lots of characters, but never sticked with any as of now. Although I cannot say now if I'll end up "maining" Mewtwo, I'm certainly looking forward to its release, and am as much of a fan of the world's strongest Pokémon as you are I think.

Nice to meet y'all!
hai :3*sits on your head*

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Decided to fool around with Paint.NET and I found a Hue/Saturation feature
So I made Mewtwoshi
A fun little Icon to hype :b :mewtwopm::yoshi2:

Banette

Smash Cadet
Welcome aboard our spoony hype train, Banette!

Just promise not to exploit your Ghost STAB against all the Mewtwo mains hanging our around here.
As if I could hope to do anything but a Destiny Bond when you guys prepare your Psystrike to one-shot me xD I don't think I've ever been a very good Pokémon...

hai :3*sits on your head*
*stands as still as possible* :202:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
For some reason CN thinks my age is 11. I don't know how I made that mistake during registeration.

I'm not getting Mewtwo on launch.:bee:
(Unless somebody is nice enough to give me a PAL code)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
As if I could hope to do anything but a Destiny Bond when you guys prepare your Psystrike to one-shot me xD I don't think I've ever been a very good Pokémon...
If only Prankster/Speed changes activated on turn one of mega evolution, eh?

Hopefully they'll fix that next gen.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I feel like we shouldn't be expecting Mewtwo until April, as that's when the Club Nintendo registration deal ends.

Banette

Smash Cadet
If only Prankster/Speed changes activated on turn one of mega evolution, eh?

Hopefully they'll fix that next gen.
There you point out one of my most disliked oversights from generation VI - makes me cringe when I think about it D: Yes, they had better fix it when they have the chance.

*gives a berry* :3 my clone will be playable soon :o
And it's most deserving if you ask me: Mewtwo is probably the most impactful Pokémon after Pikachu and Charizard - but you knew that already xD

Ah well, on topic or something, the reason that I am looking forward to Mewtwo so much is that it's mean and evil, like all my favourite characters tend to be :colorful: And don't give me this "it changed his ways at the end of the first movie"... I guess it did, but that only gave Mewtwo more character!

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Words can't express my hype right now.
Not even gifs can.
Ah, I assumed you caught it in HGSS.
Good job, then. Sorry for doubting you.
NP. I also managed to get a 31/8/31/29/31/31 Timid and a 31/27/29/31/31/31 Jolly one.

As you can see, I LOVE Mewtwo that much.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I have 6 of her but my best one only has 31 IVs in HP, Special Attack, and Speed while the rest is just mid-high 20s.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Also, I have a proposed entrance for him.

A Masterball is thrown on screen and Mewtwo flies out and gently floats to the ground, his eyes glowing until he lands...

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Article says that Sakurai was in the broadcast alongside voice actor Sugita Tomokazu and composer Kenji Ito. Wonder if there's a connection.
Most likely, though if anything, it could just be the voice actor wanting to just be next to him...what was the conference even about?

C3CC

Smash Lord
If they didn't get an English voice actor, and only a Japanese one, I really hope they remove the Japanese dialogue if you have your console set in English, like in Melee. I just... don't like Japanese.

Top Bottom