• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Strongest character in the game? Shulk. The **** he pulls against the final boss...
Well...
Maybe if he actually accepted godhood. :p
But come on now, even Pit has gone up against gods and destroyed them. And well, Pit didn't need a party to help him do it. LOL

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
inb4 a good Sonic game comes out E3
I have no problems with Sonic as a character but in Smash he's a pain to fight against... I just lost to a spammy For Glory Sonic and I'm about to get ill from sodium overdose... ugh. I know it's my fault that I lost, but I can't help but get frustrated. Playing against Sonic is no fun. >=(

These feelings of wrath and hatred dwelling inside of me... they shall be released onto this pesky being. Curse you wretched hedgehog!!!

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I have no problems with Sonic as a character but in Smash he's a pain to fight against... I just lost to a spammy For Glory Sonic and I'm about to get ill from sodium overdose... ugh. I know it's my fault that I lost, but I can't help but get frustrated. Playing against Sonic is no fun. >=(
How to win with Sonic 101...
Spam spindash and homing attack!
Works every time.
Go ahead, just try to punish them.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I actually like to fight against Sonic (most of the times) since it helps me develop better reflexes and it has given me a deeper understanding of the MU. When I manage to win using Ganon or MK is incredibly satisfying.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Pichu actually would have been a decent character if it weren't for the flaws you mentioned. Pichu was actually really quick (as fast as Fox IIRC), had tons of combos, and an awesome recovery. It's a real shame...
Exactly. Pichu wasn't a trash tier character. It was a high-tier character weighed down by a few serious problems. We know that its issues with chain grabbing and range are basically guaranteed to be gone, which leaves its imbalance of power and self-harm as the last big issue. The solution is simple: amp up its power level! If the devs would just do that one thing, then Pichu would almost immediately become, at the very least, a mid-tier character.

As for Agility, I honestly don't think Pichu needs that to be buffed, but it certainly wouldn't hurt. I suppose the damage dealt could equal his recoil damage, similar to what Speed is suggesting. I do like, however, the idea giving Pichu's Agility invincibility throughout its duration. It would definitely help improve his already outstanding recovery, and, depending on Agility's end-lag, he may be able to use it to quickly get out of tough situations. Plus, it's a nice nod to SSB64, and I absolutely love stuff like that.
Well, at least they had a justification for those two; Mewtwo is levitating, and Gandorf is using magic(albeit it's still kind of stupid he's a Falcon clone).

There is no excuse for making Pichu tougher then Pikachu other then "balance".
That's not completely true. Like I said in my previous post, Pichu's Pokédex entry stated that it couldn't control its own electricity, and it could shock even an adult human, though it shocks itself, too. So, it's possible that the "excuse" for Pichu being more powerful than Pikachu would be that Pichu accidentally lets loose more electricity than it intends to, severely damaging the opponent, but injuring itself in the process. It does make a fair amount of sense when you think about it. At the very least, it makes no more sense than Mewtwo's and Ganondorf's excuses. Also, allow me to reiterate that this whole concept of Pichu being more powerful than Pikachu isn't a complete ass-pull. Pichu's Skull Bash and a few other moves were actually more powerful than Pikachu's in Melee, so its not like some Pichu fan just came up with this random idea one day and everyone hopped on board. We actually pulled inspiration from Melee.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Without his goddess, Pit is nothing.
Heck, even his weapons main weapon comes from her. >.>
Now Dark Pit, heh...he's a strong independent black angel that don't need no goddess. :3
He wishes. His ability to fly came from absorbing a dead goddess's body. And even now he's somewhat reliant
on Viridi for flying and whatnot, even in Smash. Heck, he's reliant on Pit to an extent thanks to the link they have.
Well even Samus can't destroy a world with her mind like Mewtwo can...
In what continuity does Mewtwo destroy a planet with his mind? The manga? I just don't see him as
a god just because his base stat totals when Mega Evolved happen to exceed that of Arceus (Calling it: he'll get
one when Diamond/Pearl remakes roll in).

This means we can add the destroyer of planets Samus Aran
Samus hardly ever destroys planets on her own, she just happens to live in a universe that has explosives powerful
enough to do this. The only planets she's really destroyed herself are Dark Aether (by stealing it's energy, not through force of
arms), Phaaze (a living planet, by shooting it's weak point) and SR388 (colony drop).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Are we seriously discussing who'd be the strongest character in Smash? There's a thread for that. Even if it is a rubbish thread that creates new rulesets every 5 seconds.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Meta Knight is the strongest in the universe. In Meta Knightmare Ultra he wished to fight the strongest warrior in the galaxy, and he got Galacta Knight; not Samus nor Pit nor Superman nor Goku. And he defeated him, thereby Meta Knight > everyone, why do you guys think he was SS tier in Brawl? In Sm4sh he is merely holding back.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Meta Knight is the strongest in the universe. In Meta Knightmare Ultra he wished to fight the strongest warrior in the galaxy, and he got Galacta Knight; not Samus nor Pit nor Superman nor Goku. And he defeated him, thereby Meta Knight > everyone, why do you guys think he was SS tier in Brawl? In Sm4sh he is merely holding back.
Kirby however, has also beaten Galacta, not to mention he beat Meta Knight

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
While this would technically be "in character," it also means that you'd be removing his unique self-damage gimmick. No other character in Smash has ever a gimmick like Pichu's, and that's part of the reason he'd be an interesting character to bring back. Self-damage in Smash is practically synonymous with Pichu. It's his defining characteristic.

The idea you propose is very unique, but it's not what Pichu is known for. I would imagine that most of Pichu's fanbase likes him because of his self-damage gimmick, so taking that away would almost immediately alienate a substantial portion of his fans. It could potentially defeat the entire purpose bringing Pichu back.

The thing about having a gimmick like Pichu's is that your options for designing his playstyle are very limited. Because Pichu damages himself and is very light, he is very easy to KO. Therefore, he has to be able to KO easily and be able to do it in a minimal number of hits. There's not a lot of room for creativity, unfortunately. However, because Pichu's gimmick is so unique and creative in and of itself, I feel like it evens out.

Anyway, the point is, while I would love to see your proposed playstyle implemented into Smash somehow, I don't think Pichu is the right character to give it to. Self-damage is Pichu's shtick, and that gimmick doesn't allow much breathing room when to comes to potential playstyle options. Plus, changing Pichu's defining trait would probably do more harm than help.
I DIDN'T SAY THE SELF DAMAGE GIMMICK WOULD BE REMOVED, ASSHOLE. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

Hell, stop insisting the only way to make up for self damage is to make the character super powerful. The other characters might work that way, but the best characters in smash are the ones that break the rules set by previous characters. Can't you at least try to find a solution that isn't the obvious answer?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I DIDN'T SAY THE SELF DAMAGE GIMMICK WOULD BE REMOVED, *******. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

Hell, stop insisting the only way to make up for self damage is to make the character super powerful. The other characters might work that way, but the best characters in smash are the ones that break the rules set by previous characters. Can't you at least try to find a solution that isn't the obvious answer?
Hostile much?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I DIDN'T SAY THE SELF DAMAGE GIMMICK WOULD BE REMOVED, *******. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

Metal Face gif.gif

Given that Pichu is a baby Pokemon it makes sense for it to have a similar moveset to Pikachu but be more... erratic. Pichu lacks the control Pikachu has of it's attacks so having more power than necessary makes sense. It also plays a part in the self-damage mechanic in that it lacks so much control of it's moves that the power it expels is harmful to it.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Nothing to do with that, and Galacta has enough moves in Kirby for a mostly unique moveset
IK, but if there was any chance of him being a char then he could be a clone since Sakurai knows squat about him
(Though GK is pretty irrelevant in the Kibry games after his debut)

That and there are better choices for characters to be clones then Pichu comming back.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
IK, but if there was any chance of him being a char then he could be a clone since Sakurai knows squat about him
(Though GK is pretty irrelevant in the Kibry games after his debut)

That and there are better choices for characters to be clones then Pichu comming back.
I'm still waiting on Waddle Dee and King K. Rool as newcomers...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In what continuity does Mewtwo destroy a planet with his mind? The manga? I just don't see him as
a god just because his base stat totals when Mega Evolved happen to exceed that of Arceus (Calling it: he'll get
one when Diamond/Pearl remakes roll in).
Reshiram and Zekrom aren't exactly described as god-like, but they're stated to still have the power to destroy the world if they'd like.

But technically you are correct that it's never been stated that Mewtwo could.
Sure, he's the strongest in his universe. But Pit and Samus aren't from the same universe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Reshiram and Zekrom aren't exactly described as god-like, but they're stated to still have the power to destroy the world if they'd like.

Sure, he's the strongest in his universe. But Pit and Samus aren't from the same universe.
Your next line is: "This universe and that universe are ENTIRELY different"

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I'm still waiting on Waddle Dee and King K. Rool as newcomers...
Between him and Furr Queen a spear/staff user would be nice.

I wish the original fused Dragon was still a thing, instead of the abomination that is B/W Kyurem.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Destroying the world isn't the same as destroying a planet. World-destroying could just imply destroying everything
on a planet but otherwise leave it intact. That's a little more plausible for Mewtwo, but then why did he have to raise an
army in the movie?

I have my own crazy little theory that the Kid Icarus and Metroid universes are one and the same. It's a silly one though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Destroying the world isn't the same as destroying a planet. World-destroying could just imply destroying everything
on a planet but otherwise leave it intact. That's a little more plausible for Mewtwo, but then why did he have to raise an
army in the movie?
Because the anime and video game universes don't always match up? Heck, the anime universe doesn't even always match up with itself.

But I guess I technically can't prove my point, so I'll leave it at that.
I have my own crazy little theory that the Kid Icarus and Metroid universes are one and the same. It's a silly one though.
"Stop going around spreading rumors!"

Top Bottom