• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SPOILERS: Palutena's Guidance

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
Gamexplain have been nice enough to show some of Palutena's Guidances on YouTube, everything will be in a Spoiler Tag, and I hope you guys had a laugh or two.

EDIT #3849: All of Palutena's Guidance's are here! Thank you Gamexplain!
This won't be in the spoiler tags, as the thumbnail doesn't show anything spoilery

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm guessing these were originally done well before the clones were done. That said, I really do feel bad for Chrom fans. That's a rather low blow.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Those were wonderful. Here's hoping the rest live up to these~

There's something truly magical about Pit and Viridi talking about space vehicles. And yeah, poor Chrom...that's pretty harsh on his fans.

Like me.

I'm sorry Chrom.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'm guessing these were originally done well before the clones were done. That said, I really do feel bad for Chrom fans. That's a rather low blow.
Nah, their's were done purposely after the clones were put in, just to rub salt in some wounds.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, there's were done purposely after the clones were put in, just to rub salt in some wounds.
I beyond highly doubt that. Doesn't make sense to say clones are bad after throwing them in. Since that's the easiest interpretation of it. Keep in mind people are unlikely to know the clones were last minute, or why Chrom wasn't chosen. This is specific to Chrom, and not the clones. We know people will think it's referencing the clones. But if this was made before them, it would explain why he chose those words. He didn't intend the clones to be in yet.

But there has to be Guidances for the clone characters too. (also I made a new word)
...After the previous ones were completely done. Easy. This is just a "harsher in hindsight" issue at best.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Poor Chrom :(

Also, that didn't sound a lot as Chrom, was Matthew Mercer voicing him?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
1. Megaman's doesn't mention Captain N. Kinda disappointed. :(
2. Poor Chrom. I feel like part of that conversation was to explain on why he would be too similar to Ike or Marth. :laugh:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Poor Chrom :(

Also, that didn't sound a lot as Chrom, was Matthew Mercer voicing him?
It's defiantly Matthew Mercer. His voice is just a higher quality thanks to the Wii U.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
omfg poor Chrom. "No point in having two carbon copies--" WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO SAY ABOUT LUCINA?!
Better yet, what are they gonna say about Dr. Mario? :4drmario:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I love it but I was hoping other characters such as Phosphora, Medusa, and especially Hades would appear as well. Kid Icarus has such colorful commentary.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The reference to the Subspace Emissary in G&W's made me smile. I hope there are more.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I love it but I was hoping other characters such as Phosphora, Medusa, and especially Hades would appear as well. Kid Icarus has such colorful commentary.
Me think's we'll see them appear in other conversations that we've yet to see. At the very least, Hades needs to make an appearance once or twice at minimum. His dialogue in KI:U was incredible, from his witty banter, sharp humour and never taking things too seriously.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want to see Hades interrupt when Rosalina or ZSS are being talked about, and try to hit on them.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Me think's we'll see them appear in other conversations that we've yet to seen. At the very least, Hades needs to make an appearance once or twice at minimum. His dialogue in KI:U was incredible, from his witty banter, sharp humour and never taking things too seriously.
Well, we've only seen Pit, Palutens, and Viridi - all characters who have some sort of function in Smash 4. While i would love to hear Hades comment on the villains, I imagine Dark Pit will serve that purpose :/

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Well, we've only seen Pit, Palutens, and Viridi - all characters who have some sort of function in Smash 4. While i would love to hear Hades comment on the villains, I imagine Dark Pit will serve that purpose :/
True, and I do think Pit, Palutena and Viridi are the main cast of these Palutena's Guidance conversation. However, I still have hope that, at the very least, Hades will make an appearance at least once or twice. As for Dark Pit, I only think he'll show up in his own conversation due to the fact that he's a secret character to unlock. I could very well be wrong but hopefully I'm not. If we go by the rule that all these characters have some sort of function in Smash 4, then perhaps Phosphora and Magnus will appear since they are assist trophies in the game. At any rate, we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
None of the characters Snake spoke with in Brawl had a role in the game otherwise, so I doubt that's an issue. Same applies to Slippy and others appearing in the Star Fox conversations.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...wow, that Chrom one seemed harsh. I'm just listening to that, and all I see is a hypocritical Viridi prancing around saying "KI deserves a clone because we're awesome, and the rest of you are not privileged [blows raspberry]" I've been wondering if Sakurai is trying on purpose to make his fanbase feel like **** since that interview where he called us all children, and this still goes along with that. Bad form. I didn't even find it funny - it basically makes FE look pathetic and KI look like rulers of the universe.

And that's what they did to a franchise that got lots of love. What are they going to do with the forgotten franchises like Zelda or the **** on franchises like StarFox? Are we going to get Panther to come by in Fox's guidance to talk about Wolf, then Viridi will come in and say "Haha, Wolf got cut. I guess he was too similar to you! Now I need to go see how DP as a character is trolololo!" Or will she come up to Ganon and say "Weak, he acts just like Captain Falcon. Too bad he lost his swords!"

And of course "Ridley is too big trolololololol!"

Must say...not a fan of this new thing. At least Snake's codecs were short and funny. Now, we have Viridi basically making us feel like we're liking the game wrong because we don't like what Sakurai likes. Welp, here's one feature I won't be using in my game. If I want to be insulted for liking certain characters and disliking others, I'll go find some person to do that. I don't need to get the third degree from a video game.

D

Deleted member

That Chrom one was brilliant.
I wonder what will happen when you fight against another Pit or Dark Pit...

I hope that Hades cameos in one of them. It would be a shame to not have the Lord of the Trolls Underworld not give any sort of dialogue.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
...wow, that Chrom one seemed harsh. I'm just listening to that, and all I see is a hypocritical Viridi prancing around saying "KI deserves a clone because we're awesome, and the rest of you are not privileged [blows raspberry]" I've been wondering if Sakurai is trying on purpose to make his fanbase feel like **** since that interview where he called us all children, and this still goes along with that. Bad form. I didn't even find it funny - it basically makes FE look pathetic and KI look like rulers of the universe.

And that's what they did to a franchise that got lots of love. What are they going to do with the forgotten franchises like Zelda or the **** on franchises like StarFox? Are we going to get Panther to come by in Fox's guidance to talk about Wolf, then Viridi will come in and say "Haha, Wolf got cut. I guess he was too similar to you! Now I need to go see how DP as a character is trolololo!" Or will she come up to Ganon and say "Weak, he acts just like Captain Falcon. Too bad he lost his swords!"

And of course "Ridley is too big trolololololol!"

Must say...not a fan of this new thing. At least Snake's codecs were short and funny. Now, we have Viridi basically making us feel like we're liking the game wrong because we don't like what Sakurai likes. Welp, here's one feature I won't be using in my game. If I want to be insulted for liking certain characters and disliking others, I'll go find some person to do that. I don't need to get the third degree from a video game.
Dude, relax. The Chrom thing was probably Sakurai's way of emphasizing that if Chrom were playable, he'd be to similar to Ike while Robin brings something new.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dude, relax. The Chrom thing was probably Sakurai's way of emphasizing that if Chrom were playable, he'd be to similar to Ike while Robin brings something new.
Well him being too similar to Ike isn't an issue...

I thought the Chrom thing was funny on it's own, but it definitely was poorly planned in hindsight.

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?"

This makes Dark Pit sting even worse. I would've picked Ike-clone Chrom over Dark Pit in a HEARTBEAT. And Chrom actually can learn Aether, wtf you talking about Palutena?

Last edited:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?"

This makes Dark Pit sting even worse. I would've picked Ike-clone Chrom over Dark Pit in a HEARTBEAT. And Chrom actually can learn Aether, wtf you talking about Palutena?
Except Chrom's Aether is a different animation. Go play FE: Awakening.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
None of the characters Snake spoke with in Brawl had a role in the game otherwise, so I doubt that's an issue. Same applies to Slippy and others appearing in the Star Fox conversations.
Yep but I'm just going from what has been seen this far. From what I can tell, it's only characters that have had a role in Smash 4. I'm not saying that it'll be only those characters but merely being cautious as too not be disappointed.

Top Bottom