• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SPOILERS: Palutena's Guidance

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Ness certainly got the shaft.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
"Watch out for his sudden farts. And all farts in general. They're gross AND dangerous."

Wow. Wario's character in Smash couldn't be butchered even further. I love these guidances and all, but Wario's is easily the worst. I know these conversations are supposed to be light hearted here, but why do they have to focus on Wario's gross nature? That's not the central aspect of his character at all. They could at least mention him being a greedy treasure hunter with physical strength and different abilities plus owning a game company. At least the other ones are great.
Snakes codec for Wario did more or less the same thing, by just focusing on his gross attributes and his love for garlic so I'm not exactly surprised that the Palutena's Guidance went in a similar direction. That being said, I understand to some degree how you feel although I'm pretty content with how they handled Wario's conversation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure the whole idea of these is a few facts and mostly satire. Obviously SSB is non-canon, so they don't need to be perfect. I agree they could clearly be better. Don't get me wrong on that.

I just understand the point of these too. Comedy and rarely useful information. I just wonder if Sakurai wrote all of these.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I like how they mention SSE with Mario. That was a nice nod!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Snakes codec for Wario did more or less the same thing, by just focusing on his gross attributes and his love for garlic so I'm not exactly surprised that the Palutena's Guidance went in a similar direction. That being said, I understand to some degree how you feel although I'm pretty content with how they handled Wario's conversation.
Yeah I remember that portion from Snake's codec. The part that frustrated me was when they said Wario made his name in the WarioWare games which is false in my mind. He made a name for himself in the Wario Land series where he became a big name and star.

Anyways, I thought Pit trying to do Gen. Pepper and Peppy impressions were pretty funny. Kinda wanted to see Slippy appear in the Falco conversation. This makes me want to get Uprising soon.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
What happens if pit dies in the middle of a convo?

Spirst

Yeah I remember that portion from Snake's codec. The part that frustrated me was when they said Wario made his name in the WarioWare games which is false in my mind. He made a name for himself in the Wario Land series where he became a big name and star.

Anyways, I thought Pit trying to do Gen. Pepper and Peppy impressions were pretty funny. Kinda wanted to see Slippy appear in the Falco conversation. This makes me want to get Uprising soon.
I will never understand the blatant disregard for Wario Land in Smash Bros. It was WAY better than Wario Ware in my opinion and I hate seeing all elements of it get scrapped.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I will never understand the blatant disregard for Wario Land in Smash Bros. It was WAY better than Wario Ware in my opinion and I hate seeing all elements of it get scrapped.
Sakurai hates Wario Land and loves WarioWare. Opposite of your opinion. And since he's the director, well...

Yeah. I prefer Wario Land too. I feel ya, bro.

espio87

Smash Ace
More than sad I'm actually surprised Hades didn't appear in any conversation at all. Even though this Smash takes place after Uprising I see it as a missed opportunity. We can still hope for Mewtwo's conversation, right? Right?!
Also, Dark Pit being recruited by Viridi helps explain why his power of flight glows green instead of Pit's light blue.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
More than sad I'm actually surprised Hades didn't appear in any conversation at all. Even though this Smash takes place after Uprising I see it as a missed opportunity. We can still hope for Mewtwo's conversation, right? Right?!
Also, Dark Pit being recruited by Viridi helps explain why his power of flight glows green instead of Pit's light blue.
The bolded statement can basically explain Hades's absence.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
"Watch out for his sudden farts. And all farts in general. They're gross AND dangerous."

Wow. Wario's character in Smash couldn't be butchered even further. I love these guidances and all, but Wario's is easily the worst. I know these conversations are supposed to be light hearted here, but why do they have to focus on Wario's gross nature? That's not the central aspect of his character at all. They could at least mention him being a greedy treasure hunter with physical strength and different abilities plus owning a game company. At least the other ones are great.
Par for the course at this point. Wario is the farting weirdo nowadays, not the greedy anti-hero.

The bolded statement can basically explain Hades's absence.
Still a missed chance for some good dialogue.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Do you seriously think Hades can be stopped by the power of Canon. Do you think Sakurai can?

I mean, do you think he said "We should put Hades in the game! Oh, wait, he's dead. Oh well…"
Oh no I agree. Hades would have been perfect for these conversations. But it looks like his absence and Dark Pit's codec may be alluding to something bigger. Perhaps an Uprising 2 is in the works. Or maybe Sakurai had a change of heart and is working on Story Based DLC featuring Hades. Probably the first one..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh no I agree. Hades would have been perfect for these conversations. But it looks like his absence and Dark Pit's codec may be alluding to something bigger. Perhaps an Uprising 2 is in the works. Or maybe Sakurai had a change of heart and is working on Story Based DLC featuring Hades. Probably the first one..
If memory serves me right, Sakurai does not have any plans for making another Kid Icarus game any time soon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If memory serves me right, Sakurai does not have any plans for making another Kid Icarus game any time soon.
He did announce he's not doing it. But that was a very long time ago. He does change his mind, respectively. That's how we got Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit playable.

HiNiTe

Smash Cadet
A few missed opportunities: Not talking about creepy villager/killager meme,
Please no. No more. We already have enough forced memes Nintendo puts in their games that no one asked for that were unfunny in the beginning.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Watching this makes me want to see Bayonetta DLC even more...

You know, the whole angel killing thing. Haha. I really love this feature, It makes me so happy. I really wish there were more crossover Nintendo Games, We should have a whole adventure game with Nintendo characters like Subspace Emissary the game, With actual dialogue from characters who can speak. haha.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Watching this makes me want to see Bayonetta DLC even more...

You know, the whole angel killing thing. Haha. I really love this feature, It makes me so happy. I really wish there were more crossover Nintendo Games, We should have a whole adventure game with Nintendo characters like Subspace Emissary the game, With actual dialogue from characters who can speak. haha.
And much lower gravity. >_> ...Wait, who can't speak? R.O.B., maybe? Most spoke in other media, so "can" do so. Oh, and Mr. Game & Watch. That's probably it.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai hates Wario Land and loves WarioWare. Opposite of your opinion. And since he's the director, well...

Yeah. I prefer Wario Land too. I feel ya, bro.
does sakurai really hate the wario lands game?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
does sakurai really hate the wario lands game?
I remember reading about it. Let me double check for an article. It does appear to be the case, although he doesn't outright ignore it. Trophies at least. My guess is that he doesn't think his abilities from it are unique enough, mostly since Wario Land is basically a continuation of a regular Mario game. Maybe he finds the party elements more endearing? Also, no luck so far.

There's an old NeoGAF article that explains he wanted to make Wario far more different from Mario, which is why he wasn't in Melee, and we got Dr. Mario instead as a clone. My guess is the WarioWare series is not basically a Mario continuation, so it gives him his own "soul", if you will. Yoshi still hasn't much gotten away from Mario even to this day, which even explains why he's grouped with the Mario characters this time(still having his own symbol, of course).

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Some were fun [Luigi, Samus, Robin for sure] Others were just disappointing [Captain Falcon] most were ok. I do prefer Codecs because it was more entertaining watching Snake's observations though because he was an outsider as a 3rd party.

D

Deleted member

Some were fun [Luigi, Samus, Robin for sure] Others were just disappointing [Captain Falcon] most were ok. I do prefer Codecs because it was more entertaining watching Snake's observations though because he was an outsider as a 3rd party.
They my not have fanboy over captain falcon but boy did they fanboy over mega man XD

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
The Dark pit one has me curious about a few things.
1.Considering how I doubt he would join Palutena's army
2. Maybe he realized he needs help flying if he wants to get around and perhaps he really does enjoying fighting Pit.
3. ...Viridi practically stole the Lightning chariot xD

4.But one thing that has me guessing is Viridi still trying to get rid of the humans and is Dark Pit really for that goal?
I'd imagine he'd have sympathy for them as they get caught up in wars of the gods . Or maybe given how Pit cares about protecting them it's the complete opposite for him .

@_@

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To those saying "Hades is dead and couldn't have showed up at all", this isn't true. He's not dead, just disembodied. If you wait about a minute and a half after the credits in Uprising, this happens:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
But according to Smash Bros now, the rankings overall are

1. Mario
2. Luigi

*a million spots later*

Chrom.

:p

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I didnt like Dark Pit's because it ruined my headcanon for him: that he became God of the Underworld in Hades' absence and is working to restore balance between the realms. Kinda like Zuko at the end of ATLA

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
I think it's safe for Chrom fans to believe that Sakurai has been trolling us since the Robin reveal trailer, there were several who stated that it wasn't in any way, shape, or form, bashing Chrom. I really refuse to believe that. Especially with that Robin conversation.

Top Bottom