• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SPOILER FREE: Nintendo Direct Thread 2/17/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That was certainly unexpected lol. Pyra and Mythra's moveset looks neat, RIP Rex lol, and a lot of people I know are super happy. So I'm content!

Also the trailer voice direction seems...a bit better than actual Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I wonder if it was the same dubbing studio.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Crazy thing about Stubbs was I was just talking to some friends about how the game never got any real love after release and I've been itching for a port of some sort. The game was amazing and finding a copy for X-Box was not so easy. Super hype for that announcement. Will be downloading that as soon as possible. Great fun and I hope if it does well it means a possible sequel of some sort.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm satisfied with the pick(s), and also glad they were able to pull off a "psyche!" It's hard to genuinely pull that off without upsetting a lot of people, and I think this was the best place to pull it. Unfortunately, saying Smash was in the Direct made me immediately think Smash when I saw Xenoblade, rather than thinking it was the game for two psyches.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm satisfied with the pick(s), and also glad they were able to pull off a "psyche!" It's hard to genuinely pull that off without upsetting a lot of people, and I think this was the best place to pull it. Unfortunately, saying Smash was in the Direct made me immediately think Smash when I saw Xenoblade, rather than thinking it was the game for two psyches.
Then I'm dumb because I genuinely thought they were going to announce some kind of DLC for Xenoblade 2. Never thought of Smash until I saw Rex finding Pyra lol

As for the reveal, well, that was surprising. Rex joins Springman. At least Springman has the chance to become an echo fighter in the future, but Rex... well, he doesn't fit as an echo for any character.

A Xenoblade character wasn't one of my most wanteds but I always liked the game, specially because of characters such as Pyra and Mythra, so I'm really cool with this. Their Smash redesigns are great.

I just hope they will add Xenoblade X music as well. Xeno 2 music is a given, but I feel Elma/XCX fans at least "deserve" some music or a Mii Costume for Elma.

KillerCage

Smash Master
As someone who has never played a Xenoblade Chronicles game in his life, I'm somewhat curious.

People who supported Rex, are you happier with this outcome or would you have rather had Rex as the main fighter?
I didn't mind that Pyra/Mythra ditched Rex considering you can play as Mythra in the Torna DLC.
Would have I liked to see Rex playable?
Sure, but I'm just happy we got another Xenoblade rep.
I was so not looking forward to another Pokemon character.

Then I'm dumb because I genuinely thought they were going to announce some kind of DLC for Xenoblade 2. Never thought of Smash until I saw Rex finding Pyra lol

As for the reveal, well, that was surprising. Rex joins Springman. At least Springman has the chance to become an echo fighter in the future, but Rex... well, he doesn't fit as an echo for any character.

A Xenoblade character wasn't one of my most wanteds but I always liked the game, specially because of characters such as Pyra and Mythra, so I'm really cool with this. Their Smash redesigns are great.

I just hope they will add Xenoblade X music as well. Xeno 2 music is a given, but I feel Elma/XCX fans at least "deserve" some music or a Mii Costume for Elma.
Same.
I legibility thought we were going to get more DLC for Xenoblade 2.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought it was Xenoblade 2 DLC at first too. Searching for Pyra suggested a new story mode. The old bait and switch. It was glorious. Having Mythra in made it better.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Please do not resurrect threads for events that have happened 9 months ago.

Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom