• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZelDan

Smash Master
Sweet, after god knows how long they've been working on the remake we can be reassured that they have the bombing mission, ie the very beginning of the game, taken care of! I totally have faith in this remake! :4pacman:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Now the wait for e3 will be even sweeter you guys ready for that minecraft character dlc announcement tomorrow lol

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Now the wait for e3 will be even sweeter you guys ready for that minecraft character dlc announcement tomorrow lol
Only Nintendo themselves have ever announced DLC characters, so unless Nintendo has something planned for tomorrow, I sincerely doubt that. Not every event or announcement is automatically Smash-related.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Only Nintendo themselves have ever announced DLC characters, so unless Nintendo has something planned for tomorrow, I sincerely doubt that. Not every event or announcement is automatically Smash-related.
I mean, nintendo just needs to bring some announcements to an event, like they've done before.
Is there a MineCon tomorow or something?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I mean, nintendo just needs to bring some announcements to an event, like they've done before.
Is there a MineCon tomorow or something?
Nope. It's literally just something on Minecraft's actual site and social media, not a MineCon. One of them is more on the augmented reality Minecraft thing, with the other thing being unknown. Really not where I'd imagine a Smash announcement.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I know it's not gonna happen I'm just making a joke because smash fans like to reach when nothing is there but when theres solid evidence they think it's fake and turn there heads

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
To be fair, each and every event or gaming thing should have smash announcements.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Nope. It's literally just something on Minecraft's actual site and social media, not a MineCon. One of them is more on the augmented reality Minecraft thing, with the other thing being unknown. Really not where I'd imagine a Smash announcement.
This is all actually on May 17th.

There is something for tomorrow but I think it's just some store stuff or something.

Not gonna expect anything Smash until E3, though.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SHE LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL <3
THEY TRANSLATED HER FROM THE ORIGINAL TO HD BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ITERATION
BARRET IS BETTER, SEPHIROTH GOT HIS OLD ARMOR BACK
CLOUD'S FACE AND BODY LOOK BETTER (I still miss the classic hairstyle and uniform :( )
I LOVED IT
IT LOOKS BETTER THAN ANYTHING I EXPECTED

SEPHIROTH FOR SMASH AT E3 NEXT
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Don't uphold Panda as the say all end all.
This may be true in the end.
And Banjo showing up is a safe bet

In her Discord people were actually reasoning why Banjo is Brave. I'm not saying it's true or not, but it made some sense.

With this in mind, I'm here waiting hopelessly for this matchup to be a thing in Smash:

Remind me. What game/movie is this scene from?
SEPHIROTH FOR SMASH AT E3 NEXT
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
It certainly helps our case that it's now confirmed that the VII remake will be showing up at E3 this year.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Remind me. What game/movie is this scene from?

It certainly helps our case that it's now confirmed that the VII remake will be showing up at E3 this year.
I love her. I'm enchanted by this marvel that they accomplished. Holy crap.
This scene was changed from the OG. You will now save 1 gil. :D

Am I the only one, though, completely underwhelmed by the music?
FFVII OST is top 10 all time tier and we get a generic action themed track.

And yes, I think Sephiroth has the best shot possible now more than ever. Also, regarding the remake on the Switch, it would even make sense and make me happy if they use the Smash amiibo. Giving Cloud his old design or his AC costume by using the Player 1 or 2 amiibo would be perfect.

1557447725191.png

We found out how the first seconds of gameplay will look like. The way they made this is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I can't believe Bootleg Direct actually gave us something other than hot garbage. FFVII Remake looking absolutely delicious.
I can't wait for it to not be on the Switch

Iridium

Smash Hero
Back here after however long I was gone. This FFVII remake is looking really good, well worth the long wait. Time to look forward to E3 for potential news.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Does anyone know if Cloud and Sephiroth are still being voiced by Steve Burton and George Newbern? They both sound like they have different English voice actors. Also the trailer looks amazing, honestly the FF7 remake looks better than even Advent Children and that was a movie.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Does anyone know if Cloud and Sephiroth are still being voiced by Steve Burton and George Newbern? They both sound like they have different English voice actors. Also the trailer looks amazing, honestly the FF7 remake looks better than even Advent Children and that was a movie.
No confirmation just yet. I also just want to see Vincent again.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I feel like I should link this. For obvious reasons.

I don't have much of a connection with FFVII, but seeing Max so happy is like fuel for the soul.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I don't have much of a connection with FFVII, but seeing Max so happy is like fuel for the soul.
I mean, Final Fantasy VII is his favorite game of all time. The game was a big part of his life and meant a lot to him.
It's why his Cloud reaction for Smash 4 is my favorite Smash reactions video ever.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mean, Final Fantasy VII is his favorite game of all time. The game was a big part of his life and meant a lot to him.
It's why his Cloud reaction for Smash 4 is my favorite Smash reactions video ever.
I know and agree. He was one of a few reactions to recognize the intro from the very start.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

I remember when Cloud got announced as DLC for Smash 4. Max was literally the only reaction video that I found that recognized that music on the spot. So yeah, it's awesome seeing his reaction to this

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Y'all raving about FF7R, I'm all about that game where you play as a flying squirrel.

JK I loved FF7R too, I really feel we're getting that release date at E3.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Y'all raving about FF7R, I'm all about that game where you play as a flying squirrel.

JK I loved FF7R too, I really feel we're getting that release date at E3.
"Most of the plans are already in place in the run up to launch, so please bear with us a little longer until we can release more information next month – Tetsuya Nomura #FF7R"
Yep we are. The expectation of high revenue increase by Q4 of 2019 makes total sense now, this game's part 1 is definitely coming out sooner than ppl thought. My prediction is the same since the start: late 2019 - january 2020

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If we're lucky, the backlash over time had Square realize how dumb and unwanted the episodic format was, if word of mouth and rumors are anything to go by.
If they make the entire game an each episode is at least 30+ hours then I'm ok with it. But more would be good too and I'd feel a bit underwhelmed if it's any less. I also wonder how long we'd have to wait in between each.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The parts will be full games, already confirmed. I rather have a huge experience rather than a rushed and cut experience in one single disk.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Wonder what Square will show off besides FF7 in terms of games. Are we finally getting a trailer for that supposed Avengers game from them?

Also.. what is everyone's thought on the supposed Google Theory? It´s an interesting one for sure, but I¨m highly skeptical.

D

Deleted member

Wonder what Square will show off besides FF7 in terms of games. Are we finally getting a trailer for that supposed Avengers game from them?

Also.. what is everyone's thought on the supposed Google Theory? It´s an interesting one for sure, but I¨m highly skeptical.
I'm trying to forget that the theory exists for the sake of my sanity.

D

Deleted member

Apart from PushDustin showing how its something that can be done relatively easy, It just feels out of place given how inconsistent it is with some people seeing it and others don't. Plus, unless Nintendo revealing all the contents of the fighter pass early, it just seems unlikely that we would get all the fighters promoted so early.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Seems to be different.
Cloud sounds a lot better
Sephiroth..... not so much, sadly

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Apart from PushDustin showing how its something that can be done relatively easy, It just feels out of place given how inconsistent it is with some people seeing it and others don't. Plus, unless Nintendo revealing all the contents of the fighter pass early, it just seems unlikely that we would get all the fighters promoted so early.
That's because it literally means nothing. There are many processes going on behind displaying relevant ads. It depends on peoples' Google accounts, on sites they've visited before, on the current search, on prior searches, on browser history, and so on and so forth. Along with that is the fact of what permissions these people have allowed for Google to use to display these relevant ads. The criteria being 'matched' to an extent doesn't mean that you'll get the same result. In the end, it's literally Google pulling from the Smash relevance of the search, the frequency of certain characters or series being searched for alongside Smash coming as a result, and coming up with either a result or no result, depending on the multitude of factors. Dark Souls has been searched for when it comes to Smash, given it's in peoples' radars for speculation. The same applies even stronger for Banjo, Doom Slayer, and Ryu Hayabusa.

tl;dr: it's just Google's system behaving as it should, and what it shows as a relevant ad means nothing in regards to who's in. To make it even more succinct, it's a stupid and baseless theory. I would even personally like this line-up, but anyone who thinks this theory holds water either has big confirmation bias or doesn't know how this stuff works.

Polan

Smash Lord
The parts will be full games, already confirmed. I rather have a huge experience rather than a rushed and cut experience in one single disk.
you can have rushed and cut experiences in an episodic format too. splitting up a story into multiple parts doesn't immaculate you against that.

wtf is the google theory?

EDIT: seems like its just the smash fanbase being dumb again

Last edited:
Top Bottom