• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

So what are the chances do y'all think we're gonna get our next reveal in the (rumored) Valentine's Day Direct? I personally think it's a very low chance but still a possibility. I think that the most we're getting is a vague release window for Joker and maybe some gameplay for him.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
So what are the chances do y'all think we're gonna get our next reveal in the (rumored) Valentine's Day Direct? I personally think it's a very low chance but still a possibility. I think that the most we're getting is a vague release window for Joker and maybe some gameplay for him.
I thought I remember someone speculating that Nintendo would try to announce the DLC as quick as possible and their logic seemed pretty sound. With how Sakurai stressed about how the Fighter's Pass was still unknown and to hold off buying it I think he feels like he should be telling people as soon as he can what they will be getting for it.

EDIT: forgot the important part lol so yes I think I can see us getting another reveal here.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
For me it's impossible to NOT show something Smash Related, now they have to do it every single direct to keep the Hype (You know how it is)

But, It's not necessary to have a reveal. I mean, they could but they don't have to, they just have to show Joker again stealing Isabelle's Hearth or something that cute.

Buuuuuut, not butt, since Joker was revelead is a "Short" animation I could see that happen again. Everyone want it to happen, since Brave was in the game maybe they do have it already.
"However, we do have one final announcement, please take a look" intensifies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I have this gut feeling we will see Joker in action. AND if I am being really crazy, he will be available after the presentation or on Valentines Day.

It is too perfect to not have Joker 'Steal our Hearts' during this time.

Also, perhaps we get a hint of our next fighter? Very doubtful, but who knows.

D

Deleted member

They'll show off Joker. I have no doubt about that. A gameplay cinematic like the usual Smash 4 DLC trailer could theoretically be enough for Smash content. We would also get a range for his release date.

However, I think Nintendo understands their fans enough to realize they want newcomers. It's part of the excitement of a new direct. Hell, I bet Nintendo is wanting to show off their fighters so we can all be surprised. The problem is that will this second DLC fighter have enough resources (like an animated trailer) ready by now? It has only been two months since Joker's reveal. My speculation leads me to believe if that all of the DLC was finalized near game's release, some DLC was chosen before others. Joker's reveal trailer was made specifically before Nintendo said DLC was finalized. Maybe their trailers could have been worked on ahead of time. Or there's another company independent from the coding front to worry about creating a trailer. Doubly so if they're different from the one's who made Joker's reveal.
https://twitter.com/ninsoup/status/1094979440868773888
more things are happening it could be nothing but meh
That's definitely something for Fire Emblem Three Houses specifically. Finally, some new info on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Really really Off topic: Sorry but I'm the only one who thinks Daisy would the only woman who could resists Joker's temptations? :4peach:
Bayo doesn't count since she is his mother. :4pacman:

Also I see Daisy x Erdrick

SORRY I'LL STOP NOW

D

Deleted member

Also one thing I was worried about was the direct after this upcoming one. If there was a direct in, say, April, then could they hold off on the second DLC fighter for there? From the looks of their direct history, that seems to be a negatory unless there's a Smash direct some time between now and E3, which does not seem likely. This is the only time they can reveal a newcomer that is not a Smash Bros specific direct. And if we get a newcomer here, we should not expect another reveal until E3.

Really really Off topic: Sorry but I'm the only one who thinks Daisy would the only woman who could resists Joker's temptations? :4peach:

SORRY I'LL STOP NOW
Daisy's a loyal girlfriend. She'll stick by her man, Luigi, no matter what teenage casanova crosses her path.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

SORRY I'LL STOP NOW
i wouldn't mind Daisy x Erdrick but only if he's an adult if its kid Erdrick well sorry but no

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Alright, since we are in the shipping subject, who of those already in the game would you ship with each of the characters from the SE list? Gotta kill time till direct, somehow.

D

Deleted member

Alright, since we are in the shipping subject, who of those already in the game would you ship with each of the characters from the SE list? Gotta kill time till direct, somehow.
I ship the waifus with my Bolderousness miis.

E: Oops misread the question.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
OH BOY I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ON THAT AAHH NO NONO

Edit: I think Kid Erdrick would be scared/curious about Kirby since he looks like a Slime..
i think he would like Kirby quite a bit only character i don't think he would like is Ridley because he's a dragon and dragon quest protags fight them

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about the rest of the list but... Mr. Game & Watch X Geno

they're cute dammit don't @ me

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Crono x Cloud (Bros)
Geno x Rosalina (Just because They love to talk)
Erdrick x Mario (Erdrick is secretly a Mario Fan)
Slime x Kirby (- "POYO!?" GOOOIE??!)
Sora x Duck Hunt (He miss his friends)
Sephiroth x Ganondorf (Sephi thinks Ganon is the only Villain that seems interesting, has a crush on Bayonetta)
Luminary x Palutena (He loves her hair, Pit and Dark pit hate him)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Slime X Plant is the true power couple.

In all seriousness, Sora X Lucina might be cute.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Crono x Cloud (Bros)
Sephiroth x Ganondorf (Sephi thinks Ganon is the only Villain that seems interesting, has a crush on Bayonetta)
Sora x Duck Hunt… how did I not think of that…

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
OH BOY I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ON THAT AAHH NO NONO

Edit: I think Kid Erdrick would be scared/curious about Kirby since he looks like a Slime..
Would be hillarious if one of Kid Erdrick's alt costumes was the cat-suit from his own game. And Isabelle confuses him with one of her town folk.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Geno x :ultrosalina:
Crono x :ultzelda:
Sephiroth x :ultcloud:
Sora x :ultlucina: (as noted above lol)
Erdrick x :ultrobinf:
Luminary x :ultcorrinf:
Slime x :ultinkling:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Crono x Cloud (Bros)
Well Slime & Kirby are perfect. So is Rosalina and Geno.

Sephiroth x Ridley.
"Oh... You're not Summon Materia? Get out of my sight..."

Crono x Young Link.
"......" (Dang well they're both mute but i'll translate)
"That ocarina takes you back in time?"

Erdrick x Bayonetta
"Maybe I'm not the type of Witch you want to have in your party, darling".
(Erdrick carrying all of her ítems)

Luminary x Corrin
"Umm... I'm not that type of Dragon.... I don't like to be ridden"

Sora x Dark Pit (& Pit)
"Stand back, heartless!"
"What did you call me, idiot? And what's with that ridiculous outfit? Did your pretty Godess remove your wings? Guess I am the superior one after a-..."
"Hi guys! Ooh! A newcomer! Lady Palutena? Some Intel please?"

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
>text leak
>4chan
lol
>leak

It's not really a leak (for those who knows and doesn't knows) since some leakers already named some of those games.
Also, I'm pretty confident about some news on FE for example.

That's why that "4chan leak" is like a summary with some fake stuff like Pikmin Trilogy or Pikmin 4.. Sadly.
Netflix on the Switch? Sure but why tho

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Would be hillarious if one of Kid Erdrick's alt costumes was the cat-suit from his own game. And Isabelle confuses him with one of her town folk.

They should add the cat suit from the mario games too then, for all the mario characters. so we can have a cat fight. :052:

D

Deleted member

You know, that post may be fake, but it being composed of text shouldn't determine its legitimacy.
The fact that it's both from a rando and doesn't have a picture or something means it harms its credibility

Like remember the Ken picture leak from a while back? If it was just someone saying "Ken is in" nobody would've payed it any mind since it could easily just be a prediction. However, the addition of photo evidence made it all the more legit and people realized that this guy may have been legit

However, text leaks from at least somewhat credible folks like Verge or PolarPanda hold enough weight to be at least somewhat comparable to picture leaks.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Legit text leaks without proof do happen.

However, this seems like a wish-list with some logical stuff based on known leakers' information.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I don't know about the rest of the list but... Mr. Game & Watch X Geno

they're cute dammit don't @ me
Oh gosh, I don't know about a ship, but I could see them being wonderful little friends. Geno would be so fascinated by a 2D pal in a 2D plane, too. Huh... He swears that sounds like something he's heard of before, but he can't be sure why. Hmmm.

Cracks my knuckles. I don't know about any of the others, but for Geno? Let me talk to you about Geno here and his totally canon* mom figure.

He serves the high star spirits of Star Sanctuary, protecting Star Haven and Star Road from any danger and keeping the ability of wish-granting intact. His kind are meant to do so, after all. Unlike Lumas, who go around searching for their mothers, star spirits are 'hard-wired' in a sense to not do so. They are born knowing what they need to be, and with some growth in Starborn Valley, they then set off for Star Haven, knowing full well about their purpose and their families... or, rather, their lack of a family.

Geno was always a bit of a weird case. He was a very strong star child, not like the rest of his kind. During one fateful Star Festival, Rosalina visited her beloved planet. She went out of her way to marvel at the star children, taking a particular interest in Geno and his abilities. The result was Merle (or rather, Merle's ancestor?) sending Geno to ascend earlier than the rest, serving his purpose at a very young age to hone his skills and become one of Star Road's strongest warriors. Rosalina, however, never left his mind. She'd absolutely mesmerized him, and her love of the Lumas as if they were her children had enraptured him.

A romantic ship? Not at all. However, after something like that, Geno did something no other star spirit has ever done: yearned for a mother, specifically her. With Rosalina in mind, it just makes his duty that much more worthwhile, working for the wishes of everyone while hopefully making her proud. Maybe one day, he, too, will be considered one of her 'children'.

* Absolutely none of this is canon and just me screaming about cute familial dynamics with extra conflict + development for Geno's character.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was wondering about FF and DQ crossovers, and I didn't even know this game existed, it's a party game on ps2 (japan), but it's cool seeing all the characters, and they're cute :p

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I was wondering about FF and DQ crossovers, and I didn't even know this game existed, it's a party game on ps2 (japan), but it's cool seeing all the characters, and they're cute :p

I think that series has been around for a while...

Though the only game I know in the series is the Wii version (Fortune Street).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think that series has been around for a while...

Though the only game I know in the series is the Wii version (Fortune Street).
I just saw there's more recent versions too. But it's too bad they weren't ported in the west, it looks nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom