• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Before the base roster, I was speculating about the chances of Crono getting in, for the sole purpose of trolling the Goku for Smash fantastic. I mean, Sakurai did a troll fakeout against King K Rool. I'm can imagine the place start on what looks like the mountain tops that Vegeta and Goku first fought in the manga (which is the ending shot of Dragon Ball Supers anime), but instead of Goku and Vegeta its Ryu and Ken, duking it out for some reason, when suddenly some mysterious energy stops the fight between them. The shadow is shown, and at first, making it look like Son Goku hiding at the shadow for later revealing himself something like "Chronos time to fight" or something.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Despite my 2B post I'd be 100% down for any of these 7 characters as well. Geno is from an old favorite, Sephiroth is one of the biggest video game villains ever, Crono is from a game widely considered to be one of the best RPGs ever created, Sora would make people who aren't me happy, and Slime, Luminary, and Erdrick are all from my favorite RPG series, Dragon Quest.

Still, given Joker is from a surprisingly recent game, I have reason to believe that 2B has a decent chance now so if she ends up being the new Square Enix newcomer then I'll be content.
Honestly after thinking it over I'm going to side with 2B. I don't believe at all being in SCVI kills her chances.

D

Deleted member

Before the base roster, I was speculating about the chances of Crono getting in, for the sole purpose of trolling the Goku for Smash fantastic. I mean, Sakurai did a troll fakeout against King K Rool. I'm can imagine the place start on what looks like the mountain tops that Vegeta and Goku first fought in the manga (which is the ending shot of Dragon Ball Supers anime), but instead of Goku and Vegeta its Ryu and Ken, duking it out for some reason, when suddenly some mysterious energy stops the fight between them. The shadow is shown, and at first, making it look like Son Goku hiding at the shadow for later revealing himself something like "Chronos time to fight" or something.
That would be hilarious tbh. Though you could probably do that with any character Toriyama designed.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Chrono Trigger is an incredibly popular game though, it's just not really talked about in the "hardcore" Smash community because it's deemed as unlikely.
It still remains as "one of the best games of all time"(if not "THE best") in the gaming community and you can still find people talking about it years after anything noteworthy has happened to the series.
Not to mention how many other games get inspired by it, just to name a few exanples, I read something about I Am Setsuna having double techs(some of which were basically the same as in CT) and I recently found out about Timespinner, which is a Metroidvania inspired by both SotN and CT.

But the thing is, if Square knows how much people love it to the point they'd start rumors about Crono being in Smash to catch leakers, then why the **** don't they do **** with the series?
I’m aware of Crono Trigger’s legendary status. It’s a great game. But in that case, why isn’t Eight there? Where’s Terra? Hell, where’s a Secret of Mana character? Crono feels like the odd one out in the list.
That's the point, none of those games are considered as legendary as CT. That's just how big it is.
Oh, peeps here are talking about Chrono Trigger? M'kay then. I’ll just leave this here. :troll: (But seriously, The Dark Id is awesome.)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That would be hilarious tbh. Though you could probably do that with any character Toriyama designed.
Maybe not everyone but most of them. I love most of Akira Toriyama's work, but the man pretty much knows only to draw a handful of characters. I mean, Luminary from latest Dragon Quest looks like a reused Android 17

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Imagine how people would react if his trailer was animated by Toei.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Ryu and Lucario would be better. Lucario is voiced by Goku after all, and he shoots a kamehameha.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
But couldn't the same be said for Geno, with him being such a popular choice among fans? Sure, SMRPG may not be of the same acclaim as Chrono Trigger, but is still seens a highlight of the SNES and was how Square got a foothild in the western market.
I’ve noticed a weird phenomenon, I don’t really know how to put it, but...

I think the fact that Geno got a lot of underground support for Smash in some way or another created the idea that SMRPG was an Earthbound-level obscure gem.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I think the fact that Geno got a lot of underground support for Smash in some way or another created the idea that SMRPG was an Earthbound-level obscure gem.
You know, that's an interesting angle to look at it from, even if it's kind of a different beast being in the Mario franchise. It's in its own unique ballpark at this point... but the resemblance to Earthbound's situation on the SNES is fascinatingly similar.

Obviously, though, it means Sans = Ness = Geno :4pacman:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

So basically the Psychonauts effect? I do think the game is more popular than most give it credit for. It's still a Mario game at the end of the day, and an important one at that.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Gonna go on a tangent here but **** it this is something I've had on my mind so here goes...

In a perfect world we get all of these characters but we don't live in a perfect world. Maybe if Sakurai had a much, MUCH larger team so they could finish multiple characters at once, and have multiple DLC season passes, and treat Smash like honestly what they should at least business wise anyway. Which is a fighting game as a service with constant character updates like MOBAs at least then I think less people would be constantly at each other's throats over whatever characters they want, and to some extent so that less people get on Sakurai's ass for not adding whatever pick they personally want, when they want it.

In a world where they have a business model like that, anyone can happen and probably will happen if their demand is big enough. That's honestly the only way I feel Sakurai could please the hardcore side of the community at this point since Smash is too big a game now for it to not have a model like this at some point in my opinion. I've tried to ignore it but honestly up until the release before Smash Ultimate it felt like the community was going to self implode with salt because of all the leak drama. I can't be the only person who saw that right?

Smash has reached a point where people will never be satisfied unless their particular pick is added into Smash no matter how much the devs add and do. There is zero way for Sakurai, and his team to keep up with the community demands at this point with just incremental game releases. Eventually the community is gonna reach a breaking point I mean it's already starting it just became more noticeable in recent years that it's happening is all. If they don't end up setting up a model like this at some point I see people gradually disliking more and more of the releases for arbitrary bull**** to mask that they're just butthurt X or Y character didn't make it in. Obviously the devs will never be able to please everyone that's impossible, but at least a MOBA character release model would give Sora team a sort of crutch to fall back on if there's characters a lot of people want because they can eventually try to get to them in at some point.

This would mean most people would stop getting so god damn defensive about every stupid little thing that falls against whatever character/characters they personally want. Since that character will always have a chance so long as the demand for them is there. regardless of Assist Trophie, stage background character, and now Spirit, and boss character status. Since it would mean essentially nothing at that point when anyone could get turned into a character regardless at any point if their demand is high enough in whatever Smash game adopts this character release model. Anyway rant over this is just my opinion agree with it or not i don't really care honestly I just wanted to get this off my chest.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Gonna go on a tangent here but **** it this is something I've had in my mind so here goes...

In a perfect world we get all of these characters but we don't live in a perfect world. Maybe if Sakurai had a much, MUCH larger team so they could finish multiple characters at once, and have multiple DLC season passes, and treat Smash like honestly what they should at least business wise anyway. Which is a fighting game as a service with constant character updates like MOBAs at least then I think less people would be constantly at each other's throats over whatever characters they want, and to some extent so that less people get on Sakurai's *** for not adding whatever pick they personally want, when they want it.

In a world where they have a business model like that, anyone can happen and probably will happen if their demand is big enough. That's honestly the only way I feel Sakurai could please the hardcore side of the community at this point since Smash is too big a game now for it to not have a model like this at some point in my opinion. I've tried to ignore it but honestly up until the release before Smash Ultimate it felt like the community was going to self implode with salt because of all the leak drama. I can't be the only person who saw that right?

Smash has reached a point where people will never be satisfied unless their particular pick is added into Smash no matter how much the devs add and do. There is zero way for Sakurai, and his team to keep up with the community demands at this point with just incremental game releases. Eventually the community is gonna reach a breaking point I mean it's already starting it just became more noticeable in recent years that it's happening is all. If they don't end up setting up a model like this at some point I see people gradually disliking more and more of the releases for arbitrary bull**** to mask that they're just butthurt X or Y character didn't make it in. Obviously the devs will never be able to please everyone that's impossible, but at least a MOBA character release model would give Sora team a sort of crutch to fall back on if there's characters a lot of people want because they can eventually try to get to them in at some point.

This would mean most people would stop getting so god damn defensive about every stupid little thing that falls against whatever character/characters they personally want. Since that character will always have a chance so long as the demand for them is there. regardless of Assist Trophie, stage background character, and now Spirit, and boss character status. Since it would mean essentially nothing at that point when anyone could get turned into a character regardless at any point if their demand is high enough in whatever Smash game adopts this character release model. Anyway rant over this is just my opinion agree with it or not i don't really care honestly I just wanted to get this off my chest.
Honestly I'd like that

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I'd like that
I would too at least so that people wouldn't get so damn pissy when someone prefers other characters that they don't personally want. There would no reason to ***** and moan when everyone has an equally fair chance regardless of them being 1st or 3rd party. Again so long as the demand is there anyone has a chance and they should have a chance at being playable.

D

Deleted member

Gonna go on a tangent here but **** it this is something I've had on my mind so here goes...

In a perfect world we get all of these characters but we don't live in a perfect world. Maybe if Sakurai had a much, MUCH larger team so they could finish multiple characters at once, and have multiple DLC season passes, and treat Smash like honestly what they should at least business wise anyway. Which is a fighting game as a service with constant character updates like MOBAs at least then I think less people would be constantly at each other's throats over whatever characters they want, and to some extent so that less people get on Sakurai's *** for not adding whatever pick they personally want, when they want it.

Honestly some people just gotta learn that they cant always get what the want. Hell even if there was no DLC I personally would still be amazingly satisfied with just the base roster.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Honestly some people just gotta learn that they cant always get what the want. Hell even if there was no DLC I personally would still be amazingly satisfied with just the base roster.
True I think people need to lower their expectations a lot honestly Sakurai and his team are human and their team isn't even really that big there's only so much they can do they literally almost kill themselves with every new game as it is. There's nothing wrong with hoping to see certain characters but people need to stop "expecting" so much ****. When you have expectations about **** no one actually knows a damn thing about you're basically setting yourself up for disappointment.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Ok so hear me out, I'm going to totally ignore the list of names that Vergeben got, because it's entirely possible they left the actual character out

Neku > Final Fantasy Character (Sephiroth, Terra, Black Mage, etc.) > Sora > 2B > Lara Croft > DQ = Crono > Geno

OK WAIT BEFORE YOU CRUCIFY ME

Neku and FF have the least amount of copyright hell to go through. Neku is relevant to Nintendo, he's always been exclusive, and is up there as a requested Square rep.

Final Fantasy is a close partner franchise, and already has a character in. Sephiroth would make sense, as would Terra or Black Mage to represent the Nintendo side of FF. There could also be Tifa or the god damn Chocobo, but who actually knows.

Sora is weird. Like REAL weird. Out of all the ones listed I want him the most, but it's still unlikely. Disney is the big baddy here. If Nintendo doesn't want to go through Disney, then it's already set in stone. However, Sora has probably put himself as the most popular Square character both mainstream and hardcore request wise recently, potentially even more than Geno, and would have huge profits. It isn't impossible.

Yeah 2B and Lara is where this starts getting almost not even worth considering. 2B comes from Platinum and is an adult designed character, which despite the fact that censorship is Nintendo's best friend, Platinum already got Bayonetta. Who knows. Lara Croft is a pretty similar situation, and she's never really been relevant to Nintendo which while not a hard deconfirm, puts her lower on the priority list.

ok Crono and Erdrick especially aren't happening. First of all, for both of these would you have to go through Dragon's Balls man, but even worse for Erdrick is the a-hole composer of DQ. Crono also has been out of a game for pfffff about as long as Geno so.

Geno is a tragic tale. I really thought he was gonna be in from the start, and now that he's at the bottom is big yike. His spirit uses his only artwork he has that is official, which kinda hurts his chances due to fighter spirits unless they pull a Lucas and use his sprite, which actually probably puts him ahead of 2B and Lara. But also, Square isn't gonna wanna promote a dead paper weight. Nintendo probably isn't gonna listen to Geno fans if they didn't listen to Waluigi fans, it's just so unlikely.

so. tell me what you think.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
His spirit uses his only artwork he has that is official, which kinda hurts his chances due to fighter spirits unless they pull a Lucas and use his sprite, which actually probably puts him ahead of 2B and Lara. But also, Square isn't gonna wanna promote a dead paper weight. Nintendo probably isn't gonna listen to Geno fans if they didn't listen to Waluigi fans, it's just so unlikely.
But Cloud uses his own Smash art, so that is a non issue. I would not say he is dead as well, considering how many times SMRPG has been re released over the years by various means. And the situation behind Waluigi is completely different the situation behind Geno, so it's not a one to one comparison.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Ok so hear me out, I'm going to totally ignore the list of names that Vergeben got, because it's entirely possible they left the actual character out

Neku > Final Fantasy Character (Sephiroth, Terra, Black Mage, etc.) > Sora > 2B > Lara Croft > DQ = Crono > Geno

Neku and FF have the least amount of copyright hell to go through. Neku is relevant to Nintendo, he's always been exclusive, and is up there as a requested Square rep.

Final Fantasy is a close partner franchise, and already has a character in. Sephiroth would make sense, as would Terra or Black Mage to represent the Nintendo side of FF. There could also be Tifa or the god damn Chocobo, but who actually knows.

Sora is weird. Like REAL weird. Out of all the ones listed I want him the most, but it's still unlikely. Disney is the big baddy here. If Nintendo doesn't want to go through Disney, then it's already set in stone. However, Sora has probably put himself as the most popular Square character both mainstream and hardcore request wise recently, potentially even more than Geno, and would have huge profits. It isn't impossible.

Yeah 2B and Lara is where this starts getting almost not even worth considering. 2B comes from Platinum and is an adult designed character, which despite the fact that censorship is Nintendo's best friend, Platinum already got Bayonetta. Who knows. Lara Croft is a pretty similar situation, and she's never really been relevant to Nintendo which while not a hard deconfirm, puts her lower on the priority list.

ok Crono and Erdrick especially aren't happening. First of all, for both of these would you have to go through Dragon's Balls man, but even worse for Erdrick is the a-hole composer of DQ. Crono also has been out of a game for pfffff about as long as Geno so.

Geno is a tragic tale. I really thought he was gonna be in from the start, and now that he's at the bottom is big yike. His spirit uses his only artwork he has that is official, which kinda hurts his chances due to fighter spirits unless they pull a Lucas and use his sprite, which actually probably puts him ahead of 2B and Lara. But also, Square isn't gonna wanna promote a dead paper weight. Nintendo probably isn't gonna listen to Geno fans if they didn't listen to Waluigi fans, it's just so unlikely.

I think this has about as much proof behind it as any other character on that list honestly. No one really knows anything at this point and anything anyone says about anyone can sound "accurate" regardless of actual reasoning behind the claims/ "proof" given. An alright theory as any other in my opinion I am neither for nor against it. Honestly at this point I'm just maintaining a certain level of neutrality regarding any theory for DLC character because anyone could be right, and anyone could be wrong. We simply don't know anything until Nintendo comes out with news regarding this stuff.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

You're sleeping on Geno so hard. He got a mii fighter costume in smash 4, which was the ONLY ONE to receive a splash screen as if he were a fighter. They put in King K Rool EXCLUSIVELY because of fan demand. They put in Ridley despite Sakurai thinking he wouldn't work for decades, because of fan demand. Sakurai wants Geno in Smash. Persona 5 isn't on switch, and no Persona game ever has been to my knowledge. Nintendo doesn't give a **** about "promoting games," they just want people to enjoy smash bros. If they were gonna put in an advertisement character, it'd be in the base game. Like Isabelle was. Corrin is the only character that was debateably an advertisement character as DLC, but Corrin was actually added because Sakurai's team begged him to put them in. Not to mention, they re-release SMRPG every few years as VC, and it was on the SNES Classic.

In the wise words of Videogamedunkey...

"So... you're a dumb-dumb."

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

You are aware of the Android and iOS ports of The World Ends With You, right?

I'd say Neku is in the running, but I wouldn't say he's a big contender. Especially compared to the behemoth that is Dragon Quest. For the umpteenth time, Sugimiya isn't an issue for Dragon Quest representation in Smash Bros.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You're sleeping on Geno so hard. He got a mii fighter costume in smash 4, which was the ONLY ONE to receive a splash screen as if he were a fighter. They put in King K Rool EXCLUSIVELY because of fan demand. They put in Ridley despite Sakurai thinking he wouldn't work for decades, because of fan demand. Sakurai wants Geno in Smash. Persona 5 isn't on switch, and no Persona game ever has been to my knowledge. Nintendo doesn't give a **** about "promoting games," they just want people to enjoy smash bros. If they were gonna put in an advertisement character, it'd be in the base game. Like Isabelle was. Corrin is the only character that was debateably an advertisement character as DLC, but Corrin was actually added because Sakurai's team begged him to put them in. Not to mention, they re-release SMRPG every few years as VC, and it was on the SNES Classic.

No mainline Persona has been on Switch, but Persona Q is exclusive to the 3DS, as well as it's upcoming sequel. Still not the greatest when it comes to Nintendo history, but it's there.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman

I mean he literally went after everyone on that list but sure let's turn this into another pointless Geno "debate" (more like one sided rant honestly) nobody needs or even asked for. Lord knows we need more of those right?... right.

D

Deleted member

copyright for DQ and CT really isnt that much of an issue I think. DQ already had two crossover games with Mario (fortune street on DS and wii), and Toriyama frequently works with Bamco for DB related games.

D

Deleted member

Neku is like Crono except not as popular but with a Switch port and a KH cameo.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
copyright for DQ and CT really isnt that much of an issue I think. DQ already had two crossover games with Mario (fortune street on DS and wii), and Toriyama frequently works with Bamco for DB related games.
But the thing is that those games were developed by Square, not Nintendo. It was not a case of DQ being licensed out, but Mario, which is much easier. From what I recall, DQ has never been apart of a game not developed by Square in its decades long history.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
You are aware of the Android and iOS ports of The World Ends With You, right?

I'd say Neku is in the running, but I wouldn't say he's a big contender. Especially compared to the behemoth that is Dragon Quest. For the umpteenth time, Sugimiya isn't an issue for Dragon Quest representation in Smash Bros.
I actually wasn't. Huh, weird. I still doubt DQ for whatever reason. It's pure intuition honestly so maybe don't take my word for it but who knows.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I mean he literally went after everyone on that list but sure let's turn this into another pointless Geno "debate" (more like one sided rant honestly) nobody needs or even asked for. Lord knows we need more of those right?... right.
When they put a bunch of characters who Sakurai has never mentioned and have significantly less fan-demand or "evidence" behind them, and then say Geno has no chance because they don't put in characters based on demand, it's a little hard to ignore that. I'm not saying Geno is the only character that could possibly be in the game, I'm saying this guy is sleeping on his chances way too hard.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice

Maybe you're right, sure. I even state that under certain circumstances, his chances gradually go up to about right behind Sora. We don't really know what's going on with DLC. For all we know, the next characters are Sans and Goku.

D

Deleted member

The way I see the list is basically:
1-Sora
2-Geno
3-Erdrick/Slime
4-Crono
5-Sephiroth
6-Luminary
7-Anyone not on the list.

Ignoring all info outside the list itself from insiders, Sora is easily the most likely.
But if we take what we know as a hard deconfirmation, it's Geno.
If Geno is also out of the running for similar reasons, it's one of the DQ characters, they're basically interchangeable.
And so on and so on.

For the record, I do believe Geno and Sora are out which means I consider those two from DQ the most likely. I can't take Luminary seriously though and I think he'd be the most disappointing choice for me(just choose Erdrick or Slime if you need a DQ character). Sephiroth is just someone who doesn't feel like he'd work as a DLC character, je's not going to attract anyone who wasn't already brought in by Cloud.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe you're right, sure. I even state that under certain circumstances, his chances gradually go up to about right behind Sora. We don't really know what's going on with DLC. For all we know, the next characters are Sans and Goku.
Well, we know for a fact that it's not Goku, since Sakurai said that Manga characters would never get in. As for Sans, he would certainly be a surprise. Out of all the Square character's, I think Sora and Geno is where it's at for various reasons I don't feel like making a long spiel about right now.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Well, we know for a fact that it's not Goku, since Sakurai said that Manga characters would never get in. As for Sans, he would certainly be a surprise. Out of all the Square character's, I think Sora and Geno is where it's at for various reasons I don't feel like making a long spiel about right now.
Sora is weird because I can see him happening as easily as I can see him not happening. If it weren't for Disney, I'd actually go and say he's probably a lock. Like straight up Sora is that big, and fits in that well that it just makes too much sense.

But, it's Nintendo. They may very well go after Sora and if they do I'll have a heart attack and drop dead on instantaneous viewing

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The way I see the list is basically:
1-Sora
2-Geno
3-Erdrick/Slime
4-Crono
5-Sephiroth
6-Luminary
7-Anyone not on the list.

Ignoring all info outside the list itself from insiders, Sora is easily the most likely.
But if we take what we know as a hard deconfirmation, it's Geno.
If Geno is also out of the running for similar reasons, it's one of the DQ characters, they're basically interchangeable.
And so on and so on.

For the record, I do believe Geno and Sora are out which means I consider those two from DQ the most likely. I can't take Luminary seriously though and I think he'd be the most disappointing choice for me(just choose Erdrick or Slime if you need a DQ character). Sephiroth is just someone who doesn't feel like he'd work as a DLC character, je's not going to attract anyone who wasn't already brought in by Cloud.
Yo Shi, do you think Sora and Geno are out because of what Verge's been told or?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sora is weird because I can see him happening as easily as I can see him not happening. If it weren't for Disney, I'd actually go and say he's probably a lock. Like straight up Sora is that big, and fits in that well that it just makes too much sense.

But, it's Nintendo. They may very well go after Sora and if they do I'll have a heart attack and drop dead on instantaneous viewing
I have to agree. It's all down to Disney in this situation. Sora would be unmatched if it were not for Disney's unpredictability when interacting with Nintendo and Square on this possible inclusion. There is just to many factors that could have major influence on negotiations.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If Disney really has the amount of control on Sora that some people claim, then I can't see it happen. Maybe if Nintendo gave them something in return like a movie license, but then again, Nintendo work with Universal right now ( before anyone wants to point out Detective Pikachu, no, Nintendo doesn't own the movie rights to Pokemon. The Pokemon Company does) They would more than likely demand so much money that Nintendo would just raise their hands and say **** this **** I'm out. This is the same company that bullied theater chains with how Star Wars would work at the cinema when Last Jedi got out, forcing some theaters to skip them completely because the demands didn't work for them for example

If I'm wrong, then good for Sora fans. But at this point I expect two Square reps coming in a combo pack before Sora.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If Disney really has the amount of control on Sora that some people claim, then I can't see it happen. Maybe if Nintendo gave them something in return like a movie license, but then again, Nintendo work with Universal right now ( before anyone wants to point out Detective Pikachu, no, Nintendo doesn't own the movie rights to Pokemon. The Pokemon Company does) They would more than likely demand so much money that Nintendo would just raise their hands and say **** this **** I'm out. This is the same company that bullied theater chains with how Star Wars would work at the cinema when Last Jedi got out, forcing some theaters to skip them completely because the demands didn't work for them for example

If I'm wrong, then good for Sora fans. But at this point I expect two Square reps coming in a combo pack before Sora.
Fun fact actually, Detective Pikachu was originally a Universal project, but they decided to drop it. It was then that Warner Bros saw an opportunity they have long been waiting for and snagged production of it.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Fun fact actually, Detective Pikachu was originally a Universal project, but they decided to drop it. It was then that Warner Bros saw an opportunity they have long been waiting for and snagged production of it.

It's Legendary Pictures that got access to the rights, not Universal. The reason Detective Pikachu is at Warner Brothers is that Legendary is back with Warner Brothers https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/po...lans-afoot-for-live-action-blockbuster-movies

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Last edited:
Top Bottom