• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If I keep missing the point; then what is?
I don't know how many more times I need to ****ing say this

This is infuriating

-Geno isn't as beaten up as you think
-You don't need to march all over other Squenix reps in order to protect Geno
-You are one of the only uncivil people in this thread please stop and just LISTEN to what people are saying

There is a recap for you

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
If I keep missing the point; then what is?
Read this, because you obviously didn't read it the first time:
I'm going to make this as clear as possible.

You come into this thread, complain about "Geno bashing" that doesn't exist, and put Geno on this super high pedestal. When anybody says anything even remotely negative about Geno's chances, you lose your **** and start acting like everybody is against Geno, even though you can find pages of support and defense for him. Hell, there are points where people are saying good things about his chances and you interpret them as hate. This thread was going completely fine until you came in and started creating problems where there were none.

That's not even mentioning all the times where you **** on Dragon Quest. I'm not talking about your points with the composer controversy and Akira Toriyama. I'm talking about the times where you blatantly bash the franchise. You know, in the Support Thread? For all the Square Enix franchises mentioned on that list? Including Dragon Quest?

Can you see people would get upset with you now?

D

Deleted member

Like I've said before if the slike was rocket himself then I'd be all for it but there not gonna use rocket they'd probably choose generic slime which I get but I'd think that be boring also I've played rocket slime and it's a wonderful game and I'm mad I'll never play a another one in the series because Square can't advertise dragon quest to save there lifes
Fair enough lol. I know the ones that didn't get localized have fan translations in the works so you could look into those.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't know how many more times I need to ****ing say this

This is infuriating

-Geno isn't as beaten up as you think
-You don't need to march all over other Squenix reps in order to protect Geno
-You are one of the only uncivil people in this thread please stop and just LISTEN to what people are saying

There is a recap for you
I just can't agree with you though. Geno is extremely beaten up in my opinion.

Also I'm not trolling Ez. I'm just passionate.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Fair enough lol. I know the ones that didn't get localized have fan translations in the works so you could look into those.
Meh I like to wait on them even tho when it comes to dragon quest I really hate Square other then that series in particular I wait mostly for the series to be translated got all the mainline games on my 3ds from 4 to 9 with rocket slime as a bonus sadly I'm a semi patient man

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And that is the problem right there. Despite everything saying otherwise, despite the evidence, despite being number one in the thread poll, despite the name of the thread literally having SMRPG inspiration, you will not accept anything else but what you think and nothing more.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This is really genuinely breaking my heart guys.

I know this'll sound like bull****, but please believe me. Real Geno fans don't disparage others like this.
I know this sounds dorky and idiotic, but please do. This is just saddening me to see.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I enjoy this positivity. Keep it up!
Also thank ya for the comment I have nice thighs to say about all these guys with the exception of geno mostly because I dont know him well but he should be in just because he has been a long time coming

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice

I know this'll sound like bull****, but please believe me. Real Geno fans don't disparage others like this.
I know this sounds dorky and idiotic, but please do. This is just saddening me to see.
This person is obviously just trolling or some ****, geno fans are like any other fanbase in my eyes.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Implying that I'm not a "true fan" is kind of a a ****ty thing to do... you don't have the right to gatekeep who supports Geno.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If I shut up today; will you stick up for Geno for me?
Please.
I've been advocating for him a damn long time now.
But here's the thing.
If you're gonna advocate for a character?
Admit their flaws. Admit what may stop them from getting in. And don't put other characters down as you prop them up.
This is the opposite of what you are doing.

I don't want you to just "shut up" I want you to learn from this and become a better poster. Otherwise, I'd have muted you.

Implying that I'm not a "true fan" is kind of a a ****ty thing to do... you don't have the right to gatekeep who supports Geno.
You know what? No I'ma stick by it.
You think our mans, a LITERAL ****ING ANGEL, would want you to behave like this?
Then ya ain't real

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I am going to be honest, I avoided this thread for a good while because I was embarrassed by all this unnecessary arguing relating to Geno.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, I'm really hoping we get a direct during like January - February with a new character reveal, that would be pretty hype.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I'm really hoping we get a direct during like January - February with a new character reveal, that would be pretty hype.
January directs are pretty much a tradition at this point. I imagine we'll get a gameplay reveal for Joker, release date for him and Plant, and a teaser for the next newcomer.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Agreed. I am generally looking forward to what Nintendo has in store for 2019.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Also I'm not trolling Ez. I'm just passionate.
If your "passion" has reached a point where it's been mistaken as trolling multiple times now, then you have a problem. We've continually provided you with facts supporting that Geno is supported and you stick your head in the ground like an ostrich and refuse to listen to us. Then you proceed to **** on the other Square Enix reps because "Geno is the underdog" when he isn't.

This has happened multiple times in this thread and you refuse to acknowledge that you are the problem. Or if you do, you just say "deal with it" when we shouldn't have to. Even if you're not intending to troll this has reached a point where it is trolling due to the cyclical and repetitive nature of this negatively effecting the thread as a whole.
January directs are pretty much a tradition at this point. I imagine we'll get a gameplay reveal for Joker, release date for him and Plant, and a teaser for the next newcomer.
See, I think we'll get two newcomers at E3 (it's a thing they do), so we might not get the next newcomer tease until then. Or maybe we'll get #3 and #4 together, which seems more likely to me.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If your "passion" has reached a point where it's been mistaken as trolling multiple times now, then you have a problem. We've continually provided you with facts supporting that Geno is supported and you stick your head in the ground like an ostrich and refuse to listen to us. Then you proceed to **** on the other Square Enix reps because "Geno is the underdog" when he isn't.

This has happened multiple times in this thread and you refuse to acknowledge that you are the problem. Or if you do, you just say "deal with it" when we shouldn't have to. Even if you're not intending to troll this has reached a point where it is trolling due to the cyclical and repetitive nature of this negatively effecting the thread as a whole.

See, I think we'll get two newcomers at E3 (it's a thing they do), so we might not get the next newcomer tease until then. Or maybe we'll get #3 and #4 together, which seems more likely to me.
Jan getting the newcomer 2 trailer, then 5 months to E3 when we get 3 and 4 doesn't seem too unlikely.
Joker and 2 can be released during that 5 month window.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Fair I guess. I guess I'll leave this to the professionals... I just wanted to help Geno fan's out, but people don't seem to think I'm helping....

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Geno fan who literally signed up just to skulk around the Geno thread here to say...

Dang, I'm sorry y'all are the brunt of stuff like this. I promise that we aren't all this aggressive. A lot of the Geno fans I've met are incredibly understanding and sweet people. I apologize on behalf of the fanbase sincerely. I understand OptimisticStrifer wants to stick up for a character they (and we) love, but I largely disagree with their methods of doing so. It's best to be mature and respect everyone's favorites, even if they don't coincide with your own, and it's always encouraged to look at this realistically, positive or no.

Good luck to everyone and their favorites, seriously. Never feel ashamed of who or what you root for, but let's all please be civil about it!

D

Deleted member

Geno fan who literally signed up just to skulk around the Geno thread here to say...

Dang, I'm sorry y'all are the brunt of stuff like this. I promise that we aren't all this aggressive. A lot of the Geno fans I've met are incredibly understanding and sweet people. I apologize on behalf of the fanbase sincerely. I understand OptimisticStrifer wants to stick up for a character they (and we) love, but I largely disagree with their methods of doing so. It's best to be mature and respect everyone's favorites, even if they don't coincide with your own, and it's always encouraged to look at this realistically, positive or no.

Good luck to everyone and their favorites, seriously. Never feel ashamed of who or what you root for, but let's all please be civil about it!
Well said! This thread has gotten so negative lately and it's really tiring. I personally don't care much for Geno however I'm not against him at all; we're all in this together now.

D

Deleted member

"oh boy, 5 whole new pages in just 6 hours? What developments have we gotten?"
Its****ingNothing.png
Glad to be home

These arguments are like
c6e86c6c-2490-4c9f-ac47-f92c2abddbd9.gif

Gina is Crono, having accepted the cold embrace of deconfirmation.
Everyone in the background is whoever needs to fit the narrative. Is it Geno, Sora, Slime, Erdrick or Sephiroth who needs to be held down?
Luminary is Scully, no one cares about or discusses him nor does anyone even remember he's on the list in the first place

D

Deleted member

Luminary is Scully, no one cares about or discusses him nor does anyone even remember he's on the list in the first place
In that case I'll change no one to one person!
I think that he's definetely slept on the most out of a potential DQ rep. His game is the newest in the series and is being released soon for the Switch. He also has a full kit of swordfighting abilities; one handed, two handed, and dual-wielding along with a fair list of magic, easily making him the most viable in terms of moveset potential.
If they wanted to do alternate outfits as well, he would be the one. There's actually a good amount of costumes in DQXI for each party member, though they could be a little bit spoilery.
The ones I would specifically have in mind are the Drasilian Armor, and Erdwin's Tunic. I'm on my phone so I can't provide images, but there's always Google lol

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think that he's definetely slept on the most out of a potential DQ rep. His game is the newest in the series and is being released soon for the Switch. He also has a full kit of swordfighting abilities; one handed, two handed, and dual-wielding along with a fair list of magic, easily making him the most viable in terms of moveset potential.
If they wanted to do alternate outfits as well, he would be the one. There's actually a good amount of costumes in DQXI for each party member, though they could be a little bit spoilery.
The ones I would specifically have in mind are the Drasilian Armor, and Erdwin's Tunic. I'm on my phone so I can't provide images, but there's always Google lol
I really respect the Luminary Gang. I get it's tough for you guys, hang tight.

My take is:
He can have the best moveset potential in the world...he just doesn't have the Smash history or iconicness I favor with third party reps. He feels like he'd be very much a promo pick. But I respect you guys, and he sounds fun.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
disregard this post as I can't be bothered to keep track of what page I'm on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really respect the Luminary Gang. I get it's tough for you guys, hang tight.

My take is:
He can have the best moveset potential in the world...he just doesn't have the Smash history or iconicness I favor with third party reps. He feels like he'd be very much a promo pick. But I respect you guys, and he sounds fun.
Thanks mate. Honestly I'll take any Dragon Quest rep lol.

D

Deleted member

If anything I want them to put all DQ reps in I think they can be interchangeable make them all skins and what not
The Koopalings route would be fantastic imo, the only issues I can see are DQ5's hero (not fitting into the same set of abilities as the rest, hell he could have his own moveset) and DQ7's hero (smaller proportions)
DQ9 and 10 have custom characters, but I think 9 has a "default" design that they can go with which adds up to 8 alts.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If I'm correct Luminary and Erdrick were often heard about together, so either one would be an echo of the other, OR

They're one character (either a lá Olimar and Alph, or they're both components of one character named "Hero" that encompasses all of DQ)

My bet's on the latter.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If I'm correct Luminary and Erdrick were often heard about together, so either one would be an echo of the other, OR

They're one character (either a lá Olimar and Alph, or they're both components of one character named "Hero" that encompasses all of DQ)

My bet's on the latter.
Or Luminary was referring to Erdrick.
From what I understand, the Luminary is a common name for a lot of DQ protags.

D

Deleted member

Or Luminary was referring to Erdrick.
From what I understand, the Luminary is a common name for a lot of DQ protags.
It's only ever used in DQXI iirc, as the protagonist's title (not name!). Though, DQII's later ports use the word in its subtitle so I can see where the confusion stems.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
The Koopalings route would be fantastic imo, the only issues I can see are DQ5's hero (not fitting into the same set of abilities as the rest, hell he could have his own moveset) and DQ7's hero (smaller proportions)
DQ9 and 10 have custom characters, but I think 9 has a "default" design that they can go with which adds up to 8 alts.
Yeah 7 and 5 do bring up problems but if not that then I'd say 11 and 3 would probably be in the game with alts colors to represent the other heros

D

Deleted member

Permanently thinking about how Geno and Sora were cast away by some insiders

What
Does
It
Meaaaaaaan
Honestly all of this has become so puzzling. They're just playing interdimensional chess with us at this point, I wouldnt be surprised if the potential SE DLC character wasn't one of the seven.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
DQ2's Prince of Midenhall cant cast any magic so he'd probably be a bad fit too.

D

Deleted member

DQ2's Prince of Midenhall cant cast any magic so he'd probably be a bad fit too.
Right. Been a while since I played DQII...
Prince of Cannock maybe? Even though he's never considered the "main" hero. Or they could just take that liberty and give the Prince of Midenhall magic.

Top Bottom