• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
When the discussion was back in the geno thread; people were complaining about it becoming an echo chamber. That's what I'm referring to.
So then how does that point have any merit here? I don't think any of those people who said that frequent here, unless you can point them out.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm simply bringing in DQ arguments to counterbalance all the Geno arguments.
This entire thread is composed of arguments against every character of the 7
Please stop acting like Geno is specially selected and attacked

You makes my blood boil so much. I say that as someone who got in every argument possible when people keep downplaying and ****ting on Sora's chance just because MUH DISNEY in leak thread and General Thread.
Pre-ballot, during the ballot, during Ultimate Period.

Sora got the respect he got literally three months ago.

Same as someone who supported Roy, Chrom or Cloud.

You don't know what it feels to truly have a character get **** on constantly.
You truly don't.
Actually, I do, I want Katalina in this game so uh, you're dumb
(jk i love u nekky)

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
I'm simply bringing in DQ arguments to counterbalance all the Geno arguments.
I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not.

Nobody is ****ting on Geno as hard as you're making it seem. Calm down, holy ****.

You're hating on Dragon Quest way harder than anybody is hating on Geno here.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not.

Nobody is ****ting on Geno as hard as you're making it seem. Calm down, holy ****.

You're hating on Dragon Quest way harder than anybody is hating on Geno here.
What would I be trolling about? Do you think I'm doing some kind of radical anti geno campaign lol?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What would I be trolling about? Do you think I'm doing some kind of radical anti geno campaign lol?
Dude, it's gotten to the point that it's almost like you are trying to cause so much unnecessary argument in the hope of getting the thread shut down, and this is coming from a person who has Geno as his number one character.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Dude, it's gotten to the point that it's almost like you are trying to cause so much unnecessary argument in the hope of getting the thread shut down, and this coming from a person who has Geno as his number one character.
I'm just bringing up arguments like everyone else is.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
To be honest is it really a surprise to anyone that third party Mii costumes would be relegated to DLC again? From a business perspective it makes sense is it consumer friendly hell no. But companies aren't our friends their goal is money, Mii costumes make money so it makes sense Nintendo would want to make the Mii costumes they had to pay rights for paid for us the consumer. So that those who want them get our Mii costumes, and the companies that own the third party specific characters get paid along with Nintendo. It's a fair business practice and I can't really fault Nintendo for doing something like that.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm just bringing up arguments like everyone else is.
No, most of the arguments made around here are made based on logic and trying to figure out the situation when it comes to chances. A ton of the stuff you have said run off pure emotion, often anger, and baseless accusations when you feel thing's are not going a way you like. In other words, bias often cloud's your judgement, to the point of thread wide frustration.

D

Deleted member

To be honest is it really a surprise to anyone that third party Mii costumes would be relegated to DLC again? From a business perspective it makes sense is it consumer friendly hell no. But companies aren't our friends their goal is money, Mii costumes make money so it makes sense Nintendo would want to make the Mii costumes they had to pay rights for paid for us the consumer. That those who want them get our Mii costumes, and the companies that own the third party specific characters get paid along with Nintendo. It's a fair business practice and I can't really fault Nintendo for doing something like that.
It does seem a little weird. They already have the rights to a lot of the characters that were Mii costumes; all of the Mega Man characters, Akira, Knuckles, etc. But you do have a point.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
No, most of the arguments made around here are made based on logic and trying to figure out the situation when it comes to chances. A ton of the stuff you have said run off pure emotion, often anger, and baseless accusations when you feel thing's are not going a way you like. In other words, bias often cloud's your judgement, to the point of thread wide frustration.
What's baseless? I deride DQ for the composer Nintendo would have to pay because of the things he said. Is that baseless? Do I need to show the Tweets?

D

Deleted member

What's baseless? I deride DQ for the composer Nintendo would have to pay because of the things he said. Is that baseless? Do I need to show the Tweets?
I brought this up before: Fortune Street.
His name is literally on the copyright section of its title screen. A Dragon Quest x Mario game.
It is not an issue. You have brought up nothing against DQ besides him.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
It does seem a little weird. They already have the rights to a lot of the characters that were Mii costumes; all of the Mega Man characters, Akira, Knuckles, etc. But you do have a point.
Oh I mean ya clearly they can do anything from a rights perspective but again it makes sense from a business perspective, and honestly at this point I think Nintendo just wants to strengthen relations with third party companies after the nightmare that was the Wii U for third party support. Making third party IP Mii costumes paid DLC, and paying companies for the use of the characters again. Is probably an attractive deal for both sides of the coin Nintendo gets some money out of it but they also get strengthened company relations while the other company get free advertisement and free money. Again it's ****ty for the consumer cause it means we have to buy them again but from a company perspective I can't blame Nintendo going through with something like this.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No, what's baseless is when you accuse the thread of bashing when it is often just normal discussion.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If he's treated reasonably; why are we doubting Geno's chance's nine times out of ten; when we have a list of SEVEN WHOLE CHARACTERS to be questioning? The only reason DQ get's any scrutiny here is cause I bring it up when people don't want to.
If I had a dollar for every time Sora's been denied by fans because of Disney I'd have at least $50. I once had to argue for him about 10 times in one week. Crono is summed up by "he's as obscure as Geno, but doesn't have the popularity." Dragon Quest is similarly doubted due to possible licensing issues, and Sephiroth because there's no precedent for a series having two unique characters.

And no, you bashing on Dragon Quest isn't "scrutiny;" it contributes nothing to the discussion and only makes you look bad. This leads to generalization as people attribute your flaws to the entire Geno fanbase, which leads to people like Matpat claiming that Geno has a toxic fanbase.

Calm down and stop acting like Geno is this special case. He's seen as one of the likeliest Square Enix characters and is highly regarded among the fanbase. The "echo chamber" you're talking about doesn't exist, and most times you're the one acting like Geno is garbage.
I just give the respect that is shown towards me.
PEOPLE DON'T RESPECT YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T RESPECT THEM.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh I mean ya clearly they can do anything from a rights perspective but again it makes sense from a business perspective, and honestly at this point I think Nintendo just wants to strengthen relations with third party companies after the nightmare that was the Wii U for third party support. Making third party IP Mii costumes paid DLC, and paying companies for the use of the characters again. Is probably an attractive deal for both sides of the coin Nintendo gets some money out of it but they also get strengthened company relations while the other company get free advertisement and free money. Again it's ****ty for the consumer cause it means we have to buy them again but from a company perspective I can't blame Nintendo going through with something like this.
Pretty much. Still, I guess its better than them not returning at all.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I brought this up before: Fortune Street.
His name is literally on the copyright section of its title screen. A Dragon Quest x Mario game.
It is not an issue. You have brought up nothing against DQ besides him.
His detestable comments were not in the public eye at the time of Fortune Street.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
When they put down other characters in favor of you, even though, as a doll possessing angel, that's the opposite of what you would have wanted as you feel everyone deserves a chance and companionship
1540343421039.png

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to make this as clear as possible.

You come into this thread, complain about "Geno bashing" that doesn't exist, and put Geno on this super high pedestal. When anybody says anything even remotely negative about Geno's chances, you lose your **** and start acting like everybody is against Geno, even though you can find pages of support and defense for him. Hell, there are points where people are saying good things about his chances and you interpret them as hate. This thread was going completely fine until you came in and started creating problems where there were none.

That's not even mentioning all the times where you **** on Dragon Quest. I'm not talking about your points with the composer controversy and Akira Toriyama. I'm talking about the times where you blatantly bash the franchise. You know, in the Support Thread? For all the Square Enix franchises mentioned on that list? Including Dragon Quest?

Can you see people would get upset with you now?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
My hope is they all get in man probably a repeat but all these guys are just too good of choices how can I pick just one when I can have them all you got Crono the coolest jrpg protagonist from the SNES era you got sephiroth which I can see him as a boss you got sora the new hero we need and you got dragon quest the king of old school RPGs i just want all of them i don't care if i sound greedy lol there all to good

D

Deleted member

My hope is they all get in man probably a repeat but all these guys are just too good of choices how can I pick just one when I can have them all you got Crono the coolest jrpg protagonist from the SNES era you got sephiroth which I can see him as a boss you got sora the new hero we need and you got dragon quest the king of old school RPGs i just want all of them i don't care if i sound greedy lol there all to good
I think a lot of us feel this way, it really is a good list lol

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm going to make this as clear as possible.

You come into this thread, complain about "Geno bashing" that doesn't exist, and put Geno on this super high pedestal. When anybody says anything even remotely negative about Geno's chances, you lose your **** and start acting like everybody is against Geno, even though you can find pages of support and defense for him. Hell, there are points where people are saying good things about his chances and you interpret them as hate. This thread was going completely fine until you came in and started creating problems where there were none.

That's not even mentioning all the times where you **** on Dragon Quest. I'm not talking about your points with the composer controversy and Akira Toriyama. I'm talking about the times where you blatantly bash the franchise. You know, in the Support Thread? For all the Square Enix franchises mentioned on that list? Including Dragon Quest?

Can you see people would get upset with you now?
This isn't a support thread for all Square characters. This is simply a discussion thread for Square characters. I personally don't even give a **** about the company them self.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I think a lot of us feel this way, it really is a good list lol
Dude when I heard these choices I was geeking out man like only character that can make me disappointed is slime and that's because I'm bias and i have a connection with the player character in those games plus the protagonist is never in any spin off games and i want them to at least be in smash man

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Dude when I heard these choices I was geeking out man like only character that can make me disappointed is slime and that's because I'm bias and i have a connection with the player character in those games plus the protagonist is never in any spin off games and i want them to at least be in smash man
I enjoy this positivity. Keep it up!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Does this mean I'm not welcome if I don't support literally every Square character?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You played Rocket Slime? It's a great game, and probably the best case for a Slime in Smash.
But aside that I totally feel the same way dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
This isn't a support thread for all Square characters. This is simply a discussion thread for Square characters. I personally don't even give a **** about the company them self.
Oh thanks dude to teach me about my own threads!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Did i ever SAY i only support Geno? I think Sora and Crono would both be acceptable takers of the spot if SE just doesn't want to give us Geno. Not that I won't be peeved at Square, but those choices would make a lot of people happy.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
You played Rocket Slime? It's a great game, and probably the best case for a Slime in Smash.
But aside that I totally feel the same way dude.
Like I've said before if the slike was rocket himself then I'd be all for it but there not gonna use rocket they'd probably choose generic slime which I get but I'd think that be boring also I've played rocket slime and it's a wonderful game and I'm mad I'll never play a another one in the series because Square can't advertise dragon quest to save there lifes

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Did i ever SAY i only support Geno? I think Sora and Crono would both be acceptable takers of the spot if SE just doesn't want to give us Geno. Not that I won't be peeved at Square, but those choices would make a lot of people happy.
No one is saying you only support Geno, just that you get super defensive when it comes to him.

Top Bottom