• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's very fun watching people try and make up various longwinded tales on why it May Not Be Erdrick, Actually
It's not just making stuff up. The datamine isn't a hint, it's a codename designed to hide who the character is. Square Enix is good at leakbait, yet everyone and their mother apparently knows who it is. It's still most likely Erdrick, but don't just make fun of people who don't agree with you that he's as good as confirmed.

D

Deleted member

On a slightly more serious note, I don’t think Erdrick is 100% practically confirmed, but I’d be lying if is said I wouldn’t be shocked if he didn’t get in. Just has too much pointing to him. Then again I thought Geno was pretty likely in base game too.

Also attention yes!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yeah I thought Shadow was the surest thing back when Isabelle was confirmed. A little caution never hurt anybody.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Basically, everything that has been said.

I think Erdrick has a high chance. 80% from the data, +5% from a personal hunch of a DQ character being in.

But yeah, I'm cautious because I don't want to get "Not enough rings"ed at the last second like it happened with Issac and Shadow.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Pretty much my stance as well. For as likely as Erdric may seem, the only time he's 100% in for sure is when we see that trailer roll in.

As one of my mains would say, "Anything can change!".

It wouldn't be the first major turnabout that's baited, trapped, countered, and KO'd that which seemed inevitable at first.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet
If Erdrick wasn't by far the most probable DQ rep, I'd say these stats remind me of Slime.
How slippery he is, and how he can't walljump.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm hoping for Erdrick but I wouldn't say he is 100% certain, and while things are looking good, I agree with DQ fans in let's wait and see.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Man, even though I really want BD in Smash...

As long as this is for Switch, I'll be happy.

If it's for 3DS, I swear... I'm gonna throw something.

D

Deleted member

It’s Slime disguising itself as Erdrick in a desperate attempt to enter smash.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Erdrick is just wearing a suit made out of a bunch of Slimes fused together and they're just working as a symbiotic pair in Smash. Basically think Venom or any of the wearable stands from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (White Album, Oasis, etc)

D

Deleted member

It's Slime who absorbed Erdrick so he can now shapeshift into them at will so the one we have in Smash is technically both.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Slime uses Erdrick in one of his attacks and has a taunt that just pulls out 8-bit versions of all the other DQ protagonists.

D

Deleted member

On the topic of slime costumes...

This one is from DQIX

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lol. I kinda hope it's Slime.

That's way way way way way more interesting than Erdrick and you can all fight me.

He's also a little more recognizable as a known face of gaming worldwide than Erdrick is as well.

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Lol. I kinda hope it's Slime.

That's way way way way way more interesting than Erdrick and you can all fight me.

He's also a little more recognizable as a known face of gaming worldwide than Erdrick is as well.
IIRC, Slime was in Mario Sports Mix and Fortune Street and Erdrick wasn't, right?

Checkmate Erdrick fans (jk)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You of all people should know how victory can get snatched away by the jaws of last minute defeat.

I was there and I never gave up. Just like with Phoenix Wright.
Until confirmation happens I'm hesitant. I've been btfo way too many times.
I would like that,, but given the timing, I can't really tell whether or not Tansut saw more than just the datamine. If he has his own sources that's something else entirely.
no
If there is ONE thing I’ve learned from Smash speculation, it’s that you NEVER bank on a character getting in.

Cause that’s usually the time when you don’t get what you expect.
Reminder to self; never try the advice thing again

It's not just making stuff up. The datamine isn't a hint, it's a codename designed to hide who the character is. Square Enix is good at leakbait, yet everyone and their mother apparently knows who it is. It's still most likely Erdrick, but don't just make fun of people who don't agree with you that he's as good as confirmed.
Honestly it's just to convince myself so it hurts less, if I'm going to be 100 with you. Sorry if it offended anyone. Was trying to reassure people, but I get why it didn't work out.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Honestly it's just to convince myself so it hurts less, if I'm going to be 100 with you. Sorry if it offended anyone. Was trying to reassure people, but I get why it didn't work out.
I know you had good intentions buddy.

But if everyone was confident in Erdrick and the Square/"Brave" rep ended up not being him, then we'd have another Grinch leak scenario on our hands.

I'd rather not have Erdrick fans go through what many other character fans have already dealt with.

Calane

Smash Ace
Wasn't "Brave" listed as being medium sized, fairly heavy, and the 6th fastest faller? None of those things sound like they'd match Slime very well.

Slime would most likely be small, extremely light, and probably rather floaty.

(I realize you guys are kidding, but somebody's gotta be "that guy", so I took it upon myself!)

Untouch

Smash Master
Apparently "Brave"s actual size is one of the parameters, it's for linking up bones and animations.
According to Mizumi he's smaller that Mario, approximately Ness sized.

Very interesting, probably means it's Kid Erdrick.

D

Deleted member

Apparently "Brave"s actual size is one of the parameters, it's for linking up bones and animations.

Neat. Got a link to where they described this?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Gahhhh not this ****in guy
Means no chance of Eight

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

No need to apologize! I'm pretty sure everyone here knows you as a friendly and respectful person. Everyone makes comments that come off the wrong way from time to time. I appreciate it though!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Most sensible people: Erdrick

Me:
gimp-2.8_2019-01-04_19-05-21.png

IT COULD STILL WORK!

D

Deleted member

I just want it to be Slime because I'm way too much into the slime anime.

Top Bottom