• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Untouch

Smash Master
Still skeptical about the leak.
It'll take more than Erdrick being confirmed, especially if he's missing the Luminary/DQX alts.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Hitagi the least reliable out of the "Big 4" (Verge, Polar, Xeno, Hitagi) that LTP mentioned?
I still wouldn't count him out. This in accordance with verg's attestation that there would be a minecraft boss in the game. I know rathalos exists without a monster hunter character, but I don't see why they'd tack on a minecraft boss in the DLC for a non minecraft character. But I would absolutely love to be proven wrong. I've never wanted to be more wrong than I am right now.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Steve doesn't seem so bad when he's surrounded by characters like erdrick & joker maybe Ryu from ninja gaiden doom guy I'd ignore him at best honestly now if I don't know we got joker then erdrick then Steve then fortnite guy or something plus freddy faze bear that's end times

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Cautiously optimistic here. Erdrick isn't exactly my pick for Squeenix (I really was hoping for 2B or Neku a little...) but I love retro reps and the DQ fans in this thread have made me want to play 11 when it comes. Plus, I really do love Toriyama art so Neon Gohan is cool with me.

Dynamic Worlok

Steve doesn't seem so bad when he's surrounded by characters like erdrick & joker maybe Ryu from ninja gaiden doom guy I'd ignore him at best honestly now if I don't know we got joker then erdrick then Steve then fortnite guy or something plus freddy faze bear that's end times
If you're like me and, at the best of times, you don't really care about erdrick or joker; steve is a pretty poor future to look forward to, doubly so when Banjo and Kazooie are a pair you've wanted to see make a proper return. Triply so when you know that the president of microsoft's games division has already given nintendo express permission to use the characters.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Cautiously optimistic here. Erdrick isn't exactly my pick for Squeenix (I really was hoping for 2B or Neku a little...) but I love retro reps and the DQ fans in this thread have made me want to play 11 when it comes. Plus, I really do love Toriyama art so Neon Gohan is cool with me.
Ryu is Gohan tho.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Steve is a great choice as he's iconic, from a beloved game, and has insane moveset potential.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
The Square DLC is all but identified, and if we follow hitagi, this portends the advent of steve.
The end times are upon us.
This has little to nothing to do with whatever has Hitagi thinking Steve is in. Two separate things. Relax man.

Though I am happy and excited about how this could increase Ace Attorney and Phoenix Wright's chances.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Steve is a great choice as he's iconic, from a beloved game, and has insane moveset potential.
I would argue that steve is secondary to what is truly iconic about minecraft, and that is the environment. The landscape that you shape as you see fit is what takes center stage over the default skin that 90% of players don't even use. You could argue that the creeper is even more iconic than steve.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
If you're like me and, at the best of times, you don't really care about erdrick or joker; steve is a pretty poor future to look forward to, doubly so when Banjo and Kazooie are a pair you've wanted to see make a proper return. Triply so when you know that the president of microsoft's games division has already given nintendo express permission to use the characters.
I do see your point and I'd rather have banjo but if Nintendo chose Steve then.... well I'll accept that and hope the others aren't him I like joker and erdrick so I got one and maybe two because I'm not gonna say erdrick is in till he in but Steve would just be the one for me to ignore

Flyboy

Smash Hero
My only concern is the music but it's not like other Smash stages don't have peaceful music as BGM. I find it hard to think of remixes though.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
There's also the question of - Kid Erdrick or Adult Erdrick
Not really.
Adult Erdrick is the mainstream one, that's used in spinoffs, promotional material, and the one represented in the various manga, plays, ballet, etc. Chibi Erdrick only has the Famicom boxart going for him, while regular Erdrick has SFC and GBC.

And I believe it's up to Square Enix to have the say on it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Tansut aka the guy that leaked Cloud for Smash 4 DLC has confirmed Erdrick as well now, on resetera.
Hmm... I gotta admit, that is definitely something worth noting.

But of course, I’m still remaining skeptical of Erdrick until I see irrefutable proof that he’s in.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not Banjo? A heavily requested fighter that Phil Spencer has supported for Smash, was planned for Melee, is iconic enough, and the original two BK games are beloved N64 classics?
Yep. Cause Master Chief in Smash would create far far far more attention than Banjo in Smash

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
If Erdrick is in - what do you think his main mechanic would be? Personally i think a level up style system would work though maybe a mechanic that allows him to equip different armours changing the properties of his moves.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
All the more likely it'll be Steve.
Didn’t Steve start to become more unlikely because apparently the claims of Minecraft Content have gotten shakier and shakier?

I think even Verg said that it’s possible that it doesn’t even include a character.

Last edited:

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
If the guy who leaked Cloud is saying it's Erdrick, then it probably is. Oh well, Crono was a long shot anyways.

How will you guys feel if the DLC roster ends up being the one from that Japanese text leak?

If Erdrick is in - what do you think his main mechanic would be? Personally i think a level up style system would work though maybe a mechanic that allows him to equip different armours changing the properties of his moves.
That would be cool to see if they implement it right.

Or, if they want to go with a "Goku but not really" angle, they could work in Tension somehow.

D

Deleted member

If the guy who leaked Cloud is saying it's Erdrick, then it probably is. Oh well, Crono was a long shot anyways.

How will you guys feel if the DLC roster ends up being the one from that Japanese text leak?

Or, if they want to go with a "Goku but not really" angle, they could work in Tension somehow.
Very solid lineup for sure. Steve, despite basically being a living meme, could be really fun and Hayabusa & Doomguy are also great inclusions.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If that lineup is real, Ryu Hayabusa, Joker, and Doom Marine would be really sick additions (and, in the case of Joker, he is). Erdrick... eeehhh, not very exciting for me, sorry DQ fans. Steve would be one I'd avoid myself.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Top tier. Only way it'd be better is if we got Sora instead of Edrick

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I probably wouldn’t be too happy, to be honest.

Joker is great.
Steve is one of the few characters I don’t want in this game.
Everyone else is meh.

I still don’t get why, especially with Nintendo having more influence on DLC, everyone thinks all the DLC characters will be 3rd Party.

3 characters: Yes, definitely
4 characters: OK, still possible
All 5 though, I don’t see it happening.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If that lineup is real, Ryu Hayabusa, Joker, and Doom Marine would be really sick additions (and, in the case of Joker, he is). Erdrick... eeehhh, not very exciting for me, sorry DQ fans. Steve would be one I'd avoid myself.
I still stand that I can't see how Bethesda is having a character if they can talk so carefree about that they have talked to Nintendo of smash. Especially when we talk about the characters.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
My sentiments exactly. I'd go wild over Doomguy especially.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Master Chief was already blatantly deconfirmed, though, so he's not even on the table anymore to begin with.
Actually, he wasn't disconfirmed. The tweet you're probably talking about only had the guy who said so download the DLC. There's no way he'd actually know if Master Chief was in or not, based off of just that.

Man, if I had a dollar for everytime me or Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth have had to point this out these days...XD!

Last edited:
Top Bottom