• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPMII (Game over, mafia win in a bloody finale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
unvote 007flash

alright common... you make a pretty good point.
well, you and eor...
but I don't wanna write off 007 completely.
He's still really suspicious to me.
vote Sinz

007flash

Smash Journeyman
i think that 007 is WAY more suspicious, and am just as confused as you are as to why no one is voting for him....
Cold start with me being the prime suspect. Maybe it was Agentli.:ohwell:

well, I agree that we are fitting facts to the conclusion, but aren't you kinda doing the same thing? Sinz role claimed as a psuedo-cop, therefore, he must be lying. personally, I'm kinda seeing where your going, but at the same time, sinz has put up a defense, whereas the only thing we know about 007, is that he's been roleblocked once, and also (under agentli's command) claimed to be a mason. Sinz has a pretty believeable role; but for agentli to have faked being a mason? He would have to know that someone was gonna have his back in case he came under fire for that.
I'm torn.
but still leaning to 007
I heard the head of the mafia are unblockable as well as appearing innocent. That means I'm not mafia. What else do you want? My blood?:crazy:

Right, I'm voting for Sinz because before I accused him he didn't post anything even remotely important with the exception of him defending Agentli and agreeing with Eorlingas. (Right now I'm working under the assumption he was sucking up to Eor, a strong player) Go back and look, and you'll see for yourselves. He claimed he wanted to lay low to keep himself from getting killed, but why should he do that unless he had some uber ability? Staying in the game isn't as important as helping the town, in my opinion.

He claimed he had a 50/50 chance of being the cop's reincarnation or something like that. But it didn't work out. Well that's fine and dandy, isn't it? Seems like just another excuse to fake an ability without having to back it up.

He pulled a Blazer and accused me of being mafia as soon as I went after him. Formerly he said he believed me. Flip flop flip flop.
I think that Sinz is accually Pro town. He doesn't seem all that shady, but I could be wrong...

unvote 007flash

alright common... you make a pretty good point.
well, you and eor...
but I don't wanna write off 007 completely.
He's still really suspicious to me.
vote Sinz
Finally, someone that isn't against me. Although there is a Mafia out there, there is a cult out there, too. We must be careful. 3 Mafia we are in deep trouble, 4 and it's game over. This is so hard.:dizzy: Although Sinz is probably not Mafia, I can't take any chances.

Vote: Sinz

I guess it's over for Sinz. Now for the moment of truth...

007flash

Smash Journeyman
He's either Mafia or Pro-town, but so far, he is the most suspicious person so far.

Blazer

Smash Ace
So then he's dead? ... Alright then we may only have tomorrow if he's not mafia. If he is we buy ourselves about two days I think.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Maybe, I should put it easy, I am dead. And I wasn't lying. I am officer Barbrady, an illiterate Cop, I am pro-town.

Day 5, 7 alive 4 to lynch.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Jesus guys, we gotta lynch already? Well... since its already too late...

I didnt find 007 suspiscious at all... until these posts:

I heard the head of the mafia are unblockable as well as appearing innocent. That means I'm not mafia. What else do you want? My blood?:crazy:
This part actually mega concerns me. Either he is new, and he probably doesnt know this really UNLESS IT WAS IN HIS ROLE, plus godfathers arent usually unblockable, or he is experienced from games on other sites, which conflicts with another point I shall later make. Im not saying I would be always suspiscious in this case, its just the way that he said "Ive heard" sounds like mafia coverage.

I think that Sinz is accually Pro town. He doesn't seem all that shady, but I could be wrong...
GREAT!! We arent getting a lynch too early in the day! Huzzah!
Oh wait...

Vote: Sinz

I guess it's over for Sinz. Now for the moment of truth...
Well ****. This pretty much means we are dead. Now, if he wasnt a noob, he would know not to end a day this early, its only been 6 pages for christ sake! It shouldnt end this early unless EVERYONE is positive that someone is mafia, due to either cop or affiliation. So either you are a noob, who got godfather and thus knows it, or you arent and ended the day too early, making you a prime suspect. Plus...

Finally, someone that isn't against me. Although there is a Mafia out there, there is a cult out there, too. We must be careful. 3 Mafia we are in deep trouble, 4 and it's game over. This is so hard.:dizzy: Although Sinz is probably not Mafia, I can't take any chances.
The part about that sounds like mafia coverage to avoid some fire from getting another mislynch. If you were so worried about the mafia winning, you wouldnt have hammer voted.

So although its too late, Vote: 007Flash.

I strongly suggest his lynch tommorrow, if there is one, and the lynch of his teamates on the following days. Starting with Eor. He has been a major supporter of all mislynchs this entire game, and just has been striking me as uber suspiscious this whole game.

Woohoo for pretty long post!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Oh, I dont know if what I posted above was the answer you were looking for. I suspected both Agentli's replacement and Sinz. If one is mafia, then the other most definitely is too. The two of them are grouped together with no distinction between them. I just picked Sinz on a whim.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Day 4, 7 alive, 4 to lynch if Sinz is telling the truth and not just keeping us off the track until we can't talk.

Haha. We're going end up with a power 3 again.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Oh, I dont know if what I posted above was the answer you were looking for. I suspected both Agentli's replacement and Sinz. If one is mafia, then the other most definitely is too. The two of them are grouped together with no distinction between them. I just picked Sinz on a whim.
That completely contradicts your older post

And, just as a "If I die tonight"

If Sinz is mafia, go for Agent

If Sinz is cult, go for Pythag (Pretty obvious feigned ignorance, and tried to get us to lynch the other one)

If Sinz is town, be suspicious of Common (just because of his sudden "on a whim" post)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Jesus people, there are NINE people alive. NINE. Not 7

Also, Camo just voted on Sinz with no reason, simply because Common told him to. Suspicious as well

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
The "But we're so close to my Final Solutiooooooooooooooon" Vote Count:
Sinz: 5 (Eorlingas, commonyoshi, camo-man, Pythag, 007flash)
007flash: 1 ( GotMink)

Five votes to lynch.

So the citizens of South Park get together, and agree to string up Sinz. But as you do so, you realize he's kinda heavy. And dumb. He was Officer Barbrady, pro-town illiterate backup cop.
Officer Barbrady PM said:
You are Officer Barbrady, illiterate backup cop. You win when only pro-town players remain. In the event of the death of the real cop, there is a 50% chance that you become the cop. This chance exists because of your illiteracy and incompetence throughout your appearances in South Park. If the cop dies, you will be informed whether you become the cop or whether you fail.
It is now Night Four! Choices!

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Sorry, but I'm going on vacation for about a week. I would appreciate it if you hold off on lynching me, or trying to lynch me, until I can properly defend myself, as I'm sure Eor would try if I had access to the Internet. Unfortunately, it's a camping trip, so no computers for me. :( Sorry for the inconvinience.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
It was a very depressing night for most alliances in South Park. Cultists found their leader, Pythag, dead. It seemed as if his magic was too powerful for him to control, or perhaps not powerful enough to control his next potential cultist. He was David Blaine, cult recruiter.
David Blaine PM said:
You are David Blaine, cult recruiter. You are independently aligned. However, each night, you may attempt to recruit a player if you wish. If you select a pro-town player, he will join your cult. You may communicate with your recruitees outside the thread at any time during the game. However, if you select an anti-town player, you fail to recruit and you die. You win when only pro-cult players remain. Also, if you recruit pro-town players with night abilities, they lose those night abilities.
While both townies and mafia alike rejoice at the death of Pythag, the former group isn't so happy to see the corpse of GotMink lying around. He was Butters Stotch, vanilla townie.
Butters Stotch PM said:
You are Butters Stotch, and you’re too shy to handle the responsibility of a night choice. You’re a vanilla townie, who wins when only pro-town players remain. You get your voice and vote during the day, but no night choice.
That leaves six players alive, and the three mafia rejoice, as they are victorious! camo-man (Dr. Mephisto, pro-town one-shot vigilante), commonyoshi (Towelie, roleblocker turned cultist), and Ronike (Terrance, mason turned cultist) are killed in the endgame!
Dr. Mephisto PM said:
You are Dr. Mephisto, pro-town one-shot vigilante. You win when only pro-town players remain. One night, if you wish, you may submit a player’s name to me to kill through some terrible science experiment of yours. You may only use this ability once. If you are not going to use it, please PM me “no kill” so that I don’t have to wait to move on with the night.
Towelie PM said:
You are Towelie. You win when only pro-town players remain, but you’re high, and have no idea what’s going on. You are a roleblocker. At night, you may choose one player to give drugs to. That player’s night action (if they have one) is blocked because they were high and had no idea what’s going on. If they don’t have a night action, you have no effect. If you choose to block any member of the mafia, they do not successfully execute their nightkill. You may not block the same player on consecutive nights.
Terrance PM said:
You are Terrance, pro-town. You are a mason with Philip (ligolski). You two can communicate outside the thread at any time. You win when only pro-town players remain.
The mafia, consisting of 007flash (Eric Cartman, Godfather), Eorlingas (Shelly Marsh, mafia roleblocker), and Blazer (Token Williams, one-shot mafia cop), win the game!
Eric Cartman PM said:
You are Eric Cartman, mafia Godfather. You show up innocent if investigated by a cop and are immune to roleblocks. You win when only mafia players remain. Your mafia goons are Token Williams (Blazer), and Shelly Marsh (Eorlingas). Eorlingas is a mafia roleblocker and Blazer is a one-shot mafia cop. You win when only mafia players remain.
Shelly Marsh PM said:
You are Shelly Marsh, mafia roleblocker. You win when only mafia players remain. Each night, you may submit to me a choice. That player’s night action will fail, if he/she has one. You may not block the same player on consecutive nights. Your Godfather is Eric Cartman (agentli) and your fellow goon is Token Williams (Blazer), who is a one-shot mafia cop.
Token Williams PM said:
You are Token Williams, one-shot mafia cop. Because you are so sick of racism in South Park, you have joined the mafia. You win when only mafia players remain. You also have an ability. Once (and only once), during the night phase, you may message me a player’s name. You will learn that player’s role. If you choose not to use your ability, please PM me with “no choice” so that I don’t have to wait. Your Godfather is Eric Cartman (agentli), and your fellow goon is Shelly Marsh (Eorlingas). Eorlingas is a mafia roleblocker.
Good game all, and I'll post night choices and stuff momentarily.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Hurray, we won!

Great game everyone, I really enjoyed it. I had the most fun in this

I'll post for in depth after Thedocs does his

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Choices!

Night One:
Pythag - recruit - ligolski, successful
Mafia - kill - frozenflame751, successful
smashman90 - protect - Ronike, no effect
spam_master - investigate - Eorlingas, no result, was roleblocked
Blazer - one-shot mafia cop - no choice
commonyoshi - block - spam_master, prevents cop investigation
Eorlingas - mafia block - frozenflame751, successful
camo-man - one-shot vig - no kill
frozenflame751 - motivator - no choice, but was blocked anyway

Night Two:
Pythag - recruit - Ronike, successful
Mafia - kill - smashman90, successful
smashman90 - protect - Eorlingas, saves him from vig kill
Blazer - one-shot mafia cop - no choice
commonyoshi - block - agentli - fails, Godfather
Eorlingas - mafia block - ligolski, no effect
camo-man - one-shot vig - Eorlingas, fails because of protect

Night Three:
Pythag - recruit - commonyoshi, successful
Mafia - kill - ligolski, successful
Blazer - one-shot mafia cop - Pythag, successful
commonyoshi - block - ligolski, no effect
Eorlingas - mafia block - camo-man, no effect

Night Four:
Pythag - recruit - Eorlingas, fails to recruit and Pythag dies
Mafia - kill - GotMink, successful
Eorlingas - mafia block - commonyoshi, no effect

Feel free to ask me any questions about the game. I also want to hear everyone's thoughts on the game setup, play, and anything else you want to say. Congratulations to the mafia!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I am SO dissapointed in myself. I was completely mind gamed the whole time. I suck. I am going to post on MySpace now. :(

And I told that Pythag not to try and convert Eorlingas. I said camo-man!

Hmm... Yesterday before we lynched Sinz I was pretty sure these people were mafia: Sinz, Agentli, and Blazer
After we found out he was town I then concluded it would have to be: Eor, Blazer, and Agentli

Gack!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Wow

I thought I was lucky with the Camo-man kill failing on me, but the addition of Spam_master investigating me is just so much sweeter and luckier.

Alright, in depth time.

First, the anger I had

I think it was Common who linked it to Frozenflame. Unfortunately for him, he linked it to the right person, but wrong game. My anger was similar to Frozen, but in Food Court mafia. Frozen was independent, about to be the first independent mafia victory ever, when the town killed him for (I believe, can't remember now) a terrible reason. He got furious, they killed him and he lost. It's the same here. I was mafia, but what people had on me was wrong. Mainly, the "What's your alignment" thing. I was suspicious of Twist, and because i knew he wasn't mafia, I thought he was independent, and if I pushed for his death I'd gain respect amongst people, making my job easier. When I was attacked for it, I got angry, because it was a terrible reason, but the conclusion was right, and I couldn't stand the thought of people killing me then patting themselves on the back. Think of it like this: Ten people in a room, one of them is murdered. The investigator comes in, says "Hhm, only one blackie, must be him", then shoots the black man in the head. And it turns out he was right. That's how I saw it. I was angry about it.

Also, I never got drunk. After I posted that, I thought it was too angry, so I posted that I was drunk (and mimicked it in my typing) in order to try and defuse people. I asked the mafia to kill Frozenflame night one, knowing how much our *******s would have been ruined if he was left alive.

Besides that, I'm surprised that I survived day 2. I fully expected to die after I fumbled my Spam_Master attack, I actually did misread it. I also believed him when he role-claimed.

I figured Smashman was the doctor, as I knew he wasn't mafia, so I defended him from it. Ligolski was right on that part. Turns out it saved me, and he then saved me.

We knew Pythag was the mason leader, after Blazer used his ability on him and told us. It was the last night, so we didn't have time to fully act on it. His reluctence to lynch Sinz made me think that he got Sinz as well, and that when Sinz turned out to be a cultist, we'd get Pythag lynched.

As I expected we'd have one more day, I expected to go for commonyoshi. It would have been 4 votes, with three of those mafia. We just needed one person to vote for him before all of us could swamp to vote for him before people knew what was happening, as we had planned.

It really seems that we survived just as much by luck as we did by skill, which makes this victory just more smile-inducing. I believe this is the first time the mafia have won without a single loss.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
darn it... smashman and his protecting the mafia... :mad:

And I knew Eorlingas was mafia too... only no one supported me. GRAWR!!!! >:O I guess me going on vacation doesn't really matter in this game anymore. ^_^

Good game everyone. =D It was fun, doc.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
One more thing

Our back-up plan was for the mafia to turn on me and push for my lynch, which I would terribly defend and let myself die. our reasoning was that my death would result in Commons. I had constantly talked about how Common was the only one I trusted, and he trusted and defended me as well. Plus, he said he was the role-blocker, yet I was also a role-blocker. We hoped the town would think that, since I was a role-blocker, and Common's role was the same as the game before, that Common had made it up and was mafia with me

ligolski

Smash Rookie
OMG ITS MY TURN TO HOST!!!

i am going on vacation in a week but i should have net access...so i could do sign ups...

camo-man

Smash Cadet
ligolski, auto sign me up please? I'm going on vacation and I want to play, but I'll probably come back too late to sign up myself...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Your reasons were bad. :(

Ok, it seems pretty obvious that some of us are going to get to a certain point where we can cover our mistakes no matter what. I've been able to do this in another Mafia game in another forum. I'm becoming a Jedi from now on.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Your reasons were bad. :(

Ok, it seems pretty obvious that some of us are going to get to a certain point where we can cover our mistakes no matter what. I've been able to do this in another Mafia game in another forum. I'm becoming a Jedi from now on.
i almost used teh reason: eor is almost always mafia therefor he is mafia, kill him...and i was right...i accidently worded my argument wrong and he found a loop whole around it

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I wouldn't say reasons against me where bad, but most of them where pretty weak. I managed to avoid a lynch most of the time because arguments against me where weak or the accuser slipped up somewhere and I exploited it

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
How could you not notice that Eorlingas being mafia, or at least suspicious? I mean, I've only seen the last 2 days, but I do know that he was like:"We can afford to have another miss lynch" "We're still positive and have a good chance of winning". And I thought that he was too much questioning the number of mafia players in the game. Yes, it is towns-like to question the amount of mafiaplayers but you were overdoing it.

Anyway, thought it was a cool game. From a spectator's perspective.
@thedocsalive:
I don't like that the roleblocker only has to block one of the mafia's to block the nightkill. Yes, you did twitch it a bit by putting in the rule that you can't roleblock the same person on consecutive nights, but still. I think that you should do it like in Lost Mafia, where one of the mafia players did the actual nightkill, and when that person is killed it, then some other mafiaplayer would do it. This way, the roleblocker needs to block the actual killer.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
OMG, Common lost the town the game.

If you hadn't roleblocked me we would have had eor day two, and if you hadn't used your stupid block thing on agentli we would have had him day three.

You probably did more to help the mafia win than the mafia.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
The only reason it is any of my fault is becuase I was too blatant in telling who I thought was mafia, My list had every single mafia on it so they killed me.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
How could you not notice that Eorlingas being mafia, or at least suspicious? I mean, I've only seen the last 2 days, but I do know that he was like:"We can afford to have another miss lynch" "We're still positive and have a good chance of winning". And I thought that he was too much questioning the number of mafia players in the game. Yes, it is towns-like to question the amount of mafiaplayers but you were overdoing it.
I caught those things as well (even made a post about it), but Sinz was one vote away from lynch. I though, "Ah screw it" and let it go. Too lazy.
OMG, Common lost the town the game.

If you hadn't roleblocked me we would have had eor day two, and if you hadn't used your stupid block thing on agentli we would have had him day three.

You probably did more to help the mafia win than the mafia.
Alas! I did help the mafia A LOT. But your investigation on Agentli would have concluded him townie since he was Godfather.

Who told you to act all suspicious like? :)

007flash

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! We won! I couldn't have done it without you Eor. I would have lost without your help. I suspected that Pythag recruited common by now, so when Eor told me I should take down take down Gotmink, I did, knowing Pythag might take Eor or Blazer, resulting in his death. Not bad for my first Mafia game. :) Sorry about the Last resort plan, I was trying to take down common, who ended up being WASN'T town after all! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom