• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPMII (Game over, mafia win in a bloody finale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yep, Artemis Fowl is my third favorite book series. IMO, the series should've ended after Eternity, especially since Opal wasn't that great, but Lost Colony more than made up for it. I hope that whatever comes next is just as good.

But yeah, just so everyone knows, I have pretty much never seen South Park, sO I will know very little this time around.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
^^^

He lies. I know it.
Actually I disagree. He's probably telling the truth because if he was truly the master of the non-meat type of spam, he would have made it in all caps, seeing as how that type of spam is actually an acronym. Stupid Pointless Annoying Message. Voila. The lowercase nature of his screen name clearly indicates he is not affiliated with meat spam's nefarious counterpart. XP

Blazer

Smash Ace
The next book is to be the last sadly. They're making am ovie though. But it willprobably fail as much as Eragon did... Ugh the movie did so much injustice to my favorite book series...

This game is going to be signifigantly harder to determine roles. Anyone can be mafia in South Park excluding but not limited to: Kyle, Stan, maybe Kenny but he'll end up being modkilled for a laugh I bet, and Chef. Other than that it's impossible to tell who's mafia and even who is what role.

I miss the KH mafia already. I could tell you anyone's role and alignment there... So much easier when you know everything about your subject...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Did you think I was kidding about the speller error, Ronike? Did you think I was FREAKING KIDDING?

Unvote: No Lynch
Vote: Ronike

Oh, and Smashman has the same avatar as I do... So I figure one of us should...
Heck no it's not going to be me. Smashman, change your avatar.

Stupid typical day ones.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually Blazer, Kenny was modkilled Night 0 in South Park Mafia I, and since TDA said not everyone was revived by Jesus (me from the last game w00t ^_^) he probably just left Kenny dead, because I'm sure he would have been modkilled yet again if he was in fact revived.

And yeah, common gets to keep his avatar. Whoever is duplicating it needs to switch a.s.a.p. because clearly, people who are in the "LOL LETS SPEND LOTS OF TIME ONE AN UBER POST OR SERIES OF POSTS AND HAVE IT IGNORED ROFL" club take precedence over tl;dr n00bs. XP

Blazer

Smash Ace
Was he now? LOL! I was just taking a random shot in the dark to be honest. So what does it take to join this ""LOL LETS SPEND LOTS OF TIME ONE AN UBER POST OR SERIES OF POSTS AND HAVE IT IGNORED ROFL" club?

Ronike

Smash Ace
You have to SPEND LOTS OF TIME ONE AN UBER POST OR SERIES OF POSTS AND HAVE IT IGNORED. I've decided I want to join this club, so...

IGNORE THE FOLLOWING:

Dont worry, I just edited out the numbers. Way too long and unneccesary. It took 10 seconds to scroll down.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
And yeah, common gets to keep his avatar. Whoever is duplicating it needs to switch a.s.a.p. because clearly, people who are in the "LOL LETS SPEND LOTS OF TIME ONE AN UBER POST OR SERIES OF POSTS AND HAVE IT IGNORED ROFL" club take precedence over tl;dr n00bs. XP
Frozen, even if I find out you are Mafia, I shall never turn against you. ;_; *sniff sniff*

Oh, and I guess I dont know all that much about South Park either. I saw a couple of episodes of it when it was on the UPN and thought it was pretty cool until that stupid CW came along, and it was canceled.

Ronike... Do that again, and I'll hurt you. -_- *Can we edit just this once?*

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry Ronike but you clearly didn't SPEND LOTS OF TIME ON AN UBER POST OR SERIES OF POSTS AND HAVE IT IGNORED, because you just copied and pasted that from some pi site. XP Nice try though.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
no offense man, but who said I wanted to be a jedi? and don't take anything not in bold so seriously. Testing the waters, trying to find out how you guys act in this game. I'm used to being able to read people through facial expressions and what not. The internet robs me of the chance to do this, And we all know that the internet sucks at sarcasm and what not. (as recently noted!)

Plus it's not totally random. He has voted for himself to be lynched. An interesting strategy no matter what side you're on. If he's mafia, he's trying to throw off suspicion by "proving" his innocence through sacrificing himself to the mercy of the town at the very beginning of the game. If he's town then he's just trying to get people talking. I'm not really voting for Eorlingas, or anyone at this point.

don't know if you really wanted to know that or cared at all, but I typed this up, thus I shall post it.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I was casting a bit of sarcasm myself. The jedi comment was basically saying "Don't randomly say let's lynch him for good laughs with no proof" it'll get you lynched later on. Take everything you say as your only chance to prove being townie because later it'll have huge ramifications.

Also, I'm used to playing in person as well so don't fret. This isn't a huge change. Just uing facts instead.

On a side note: He was being random upon voting on himself because noone will actually vote on him.

Maybe I'm just being mean though. I'm a bit bitter over my defeat at Kuji's hands in the KH mafia...And I've been really mean lately.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
gotcha.
I've heard many stories about that KH mafia. Must've been intense. I would read it, but after reading all of "the thing"...I'm exausted.

oh, by the way, do you know if docsalive plays by the "cupid" rule?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Digital fortress is a Dan Brown book about an encrypting program that encrypts a message with a rotating code by way of mutation strings.
That was a terrible book.

Unvote: Eorlingas

vote: Ronike

Never say such filth in here again

Ronike

Smash Ace
Hey, I didn't say it was great, it was by far the worst of his books, though by no means terrible. Theres no need to lynch me for that!
unvote: that one n00b vote: Eeyore

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Unvote: Ronike

In all reality, the majority of the reason Day 1 takes so ****ing long is because everyone already has it in their heads that it will take long, so they just jack off for a week without doing anything.

We have to settle down and do this. Everything starts from a suggestion. And so I will suggest something.

If you are the cop, when you investigate someone, DO NOT tell us what your investigation is unless you found a mafia player. If you found a mafia player, please try to build up a case against that person without telling us that you are the cop. Link to posts, whatever. If that doesn't work, then come out and tell us what you found.

If you found a townie, do not tell us. Telling us that someone is Town is basically putting a bullseye on that person. It is something that the town knows they can trust. Confusion favors the mafia players, and order is not something beneficial to them. After they take the cop out, they would probably just kill the townie. The ONLY reason a cop should come out and declare that someone is town is if we are about to lynch him.

Now, some might say that what I said above doesn't benefit us, as it make the Cop less usefull. We have a doc, who can protect him. The thing is, though, that we have no one to protect the Doc. The Doc can only protect someone for so long, before he himself is killed, either by us or the mafia. The longer the cop is hidden, the more chance there is that the cop will survive, meaning that it is more likely he will uproot a mafia.

There, that suggestion started up the massive Eor/Frozen debates with Duke, lets see if it causes something this time.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Wow, both of you posted before I could do my post.

God ****it, why aren't you people this active in the Thing.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
wow again, I just realized I ****ing missed this entire page.

Off to re-reading it.

Ronike

Smash Ace
unvote: eeyore
I fear his mod powers...

In all seriousness, I agree with Eor and Im truely ready to stop just throwing random votes around.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I would be this active if I was in the Thing but this happens to not be the case. I'm just overly bored this summer lol.

ACK! I've been ready to be serious this whole time...

(My posting is a bit delayed as of current. Being plagued by a database error. My responses will be slower than normal.)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It is a sever problem, everyone is having those database errors.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Well I'm having them constantly. Like every time I type out a decent length post. Haha. and yeah I knew it was a server problem. But it seems a random one so it may not be affecting everyone at the same time. Then again what do I know?

Back on subject then.

How long do we wait before declaring someone innactive? We all know how I feel about innactives after all.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is this something we vote on? Or does the mod just decide this for us?
and Eor, something in your post just didn't add up to me (the long one).
You stated that the mafia dislike order, and trive in confusion, so wouldn't the cop reveal be exactly what they don't want? Now i get what you're saying about how he would be a target from the mafia then, but at the same time wouldn't that really confuse them? After trying to kill him once or twice, wouldn't they then be confused as to who they think they should kill?

Ronike

Smash Ace
No, the mafia know who the other mafia members are, and they only have to kill everyone else. The mafia is never confused. To win, they need only stay alive long enough to kill everyone else. If they keep the townies confused, the mafia can get teh townies to kill other townies. They kill at night who they think is the most dangerous in terms of preventing kills, no chance of being lynched by the town, or revealing roles. So cop and doc are the highest on the list, followed by revealed townies and smart posters.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
yes, I understand this. I don't think you understood what I was trying to portray.
if the mafia do indeed know who the cop is. Then what are they oging to do? Are they going to try to kill the cop? If so, they'll probably end up wasting at least 1 night, due to the angel saving the cop (if we have a competent angel that is) So then that eventually leads to immense doubt on who the mafia wants to kill next. Shall they try again on the cop, or is the angel still protecting him, or what if he isnt protected tonight, and they kill someone else instead.
The whole thing (at least in my head) for would get very annoying as the "what if's" would keep building up. The annoying factor also might lead to possible slip ups...
Just posting my thought process.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh drat, I'm sorry. I totally forgot that when you are killed it's revealed what you are. I'm not used to playing that way :-\ that kinda changes my argument...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I touched on that later in my post. The Doctor (or Angel, if you prefer. Same function) would obviously protect him, but the Doctor wouldn't have any protection himself. If he was ever ousted, that's two roles that are automatically screwed.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Pythag said:
Is this [inactivity] something we vote on? Or does the mod just decide this for us?
In the end, it's my decision, but if you guys feel that someone is being inactive, you can request that I prod them (remind them of the game) and/or replace them if necessary. But it's really too early for that.

"I'll roshmabo you for" this Vote Count! (as with last time, the South Park quotes used here are meaningless, and are not hints, they are only whatever South Park reference I think of at the time):
agentli: 2 (agentli, spam_master)
Pythag: 2 (frozenflame751, Lance87)
Ronike: 1 (commonyoshi)

Eight to lynch. If there are any mistakes in this (or any) vote count, just say so.

Blazer

Smash Ace
yes, I understand this. I don't think you understood what I was trying to portray.
if the mafia do indeed know who the cop is. Then what are they oging to do? Are they going to try to kill the cop? If so, they'll probably end up wasting at least 1 night, due to the angel saving the cop (if we have a competent angel that is) So then that eventually leads to immense doubt on who the mafia wants to kill next. Shall they try again on the cop, or is the angel still protecting him, or what if he isnt protected tonight, and they kill someone else instead.
The whole thing (at least in my head) for would get very annoying as the "what if's" would keep building up. The annoying factor also might lead to possible slip ups...
Just posting my thought process.

Haha. Finally someone else who will think way too deeply into things. I like this newcomer. Haha.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Funny how he voted for himself and now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and voting for him. We need to take our voting a bit more seriously. Someone will propose something absurd and we'll lynch them.

G

GotMink

Another vote for the agently AgentLi....
Defend yourself Li....
Or not it doesn't really matter we don't have anything against you other than that your name sounds suspcious.... OH and if i find out your the agent killing minks i hate you forever, we've had a real problem with that, those pesky secret agents sniping off minks.... clear yourself of this claim and i won't vote for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom