• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPMII (Game over, mafia win in a bloody finale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
that's a good point about mafia usign it I hadn't thought of that, disregard my previous idea.

I know I'm gonna sound like a butt hole, but does anybody know if agentli said he was going inactive because he hasn't posted since the fiasco with me and him and he even dropped out of "The Thing"?

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Guilt..... >.>

I'm no help at all... starting tomorrow I'm going to re-read and try to actually help for once. Then you can all thank me when I lynch us a mafia member. :D

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys. I'm back. And, apparently, I have several FOS on me.
All I was trying to do back then, was find things that could potentially be scummy. Because I just didn't want to add myself to the conversation of "We have nothing to talk about/ go on" I just read what smashman
oh, and it was dumb to post all that and vote for smashman before I left
Unvote:Smashman
that was a pretty jerk move to do. sorry.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Seriously, were stuck. Not entwined in the facts, but stuck. Reminds me of Ocean's 13, man I love that movie.

Anyway, this has been on my mind for a moment. Were Evil Cartman and Santa a role in the previous SP mafia? Because I didn't even know who Evil Cartman was and I only saw Santa once in a christmas episode, so I have no idea if they have big roles or not. If they aren't that big and if they weren't in the previous game, then maybe we can think about what other roles there might be? At least we got something to do then and maybe we can figure out who the invisible voter is.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I think that the invisible voter is either kenny case nobody can understand what he is saying or "the mole" from south park the movie

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I think we should wait for more info about the invisible voter.

Seriously, think about it. They voted once and one time only (on Eorlingas), the roles are to the GMs discretion so a second vote could be given to any character.

There is nothing to go off of when it comes to figuring out the invisible voter.

Some of us need to reread and bring up stuff that we could actually go off of, not keep on with a wild goose chase.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Seriously, were stuck. Not entwined in the facts, but stuck. Reminds me of Ocean's 13, man I love that movie.

Anyway, this has been on my mind for a moment. Were Evil Cartman and Santa a role in the previous SP mafia? Because I didn't even know who Evil Cartman was and I only saw Santa once in a christmas episode, so I have no idea if they have big roles or not. If they aren't that big and if they weren't in the previous game, then maybe we can think about what other roles there might be? At least we got something to do then and maybe we can figure out who the invisible voter is.
Evil Cartman is only in one episode that I know of. Mr. Hanky as a character anyone?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
What's the purpose of trying to figure out what characters are in the game?

Blazer

Smash Ace
What's the purpose of trying to figure out what characters are in the game?
Certain characters are blaringly obvious town or mafia. Evil Cartman was obviously town and Cartman is who I suspected would definitely be in the mafia. With Evil Cartman in the game we discover Cartman is also. Cartman is most likely mafia in this case. This also told us more obscure characters may be in. Figuring out which ones can really help. Most of the main characters aside from Cartman and maybe Chef, will be nearly impossible to determine.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You didn't answer my question. I said what the purpose was. You responded by saying the purpose was good.

I ask again. What's the purpose of just going through and finding out what characters are in the game?

Blazer

Smash Ace
So that later we can figure out roles and know who to lynch instead of basing it on pure assumption?

spam_master

Smash Rookie
What!?!?!?!?!? Somebody will come out and claim they're mafia... can you say worst mafia ever?

Blazer

Smash Ace
And if we got a list of possible mafia someone will certainly come out and claim that role... :O

It's more to help the ones who actually know the characters in the show and can think come up with the characters that might be mafia. No need to speak of anything more than who might be in the game.

What!?!?!?!?!? Somebody will come out and claim they're mafia... can you say worst mafia ever?
I'm really hoping you caught his sarcasm.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
but thinking characters might be mafia really doesn't help our situation at all.
I could say the crab people are mafia, or at least anti town, but that really doesn't help at all. because we don't know they're in the game. I don't think that figuring out characters should be our priority at this time.
I agree with lance about the invisible voter, but the thing is, how can we gain any more info? As far as I can tell no one has had any anger towards eor, so once again we're back to square one.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Theres not really any way, the voter who put the vote on Eor could have just been someone like me, that at the time didnt really trust eor due to that whole reveal plan. Its not something to think about too hard, there are other things we could focus on... like what I dunno, but thats not important.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You know, it doesn't really matter who put that vote on me. We have no reason to conclude that that role is a Mafia role.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Thats what I meant by saying someone like me, a town skeptic who didnt like your plan before. No hard feelings about that though.

Lance87

Smash Lord
I agree with lance about the invisible voter, but the thing is, how can we gain any more info?
The thing is, there is no way of getting more info at this point. It's only day 2 so we'll have to wait for future voting patterns. Everyone is aware that that role is out there and that's the good that's come out of it, but that's all for now.

I also agree with Eor that there's not a way to tell right now that it's a mafia role, just thought i'd put that out there.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I personally don't see his dissappearance as much of a bad thing. He could have something he needed to do since he did apparently drop out of the thing suddenly too. I don't feel voting for him is quite right yet.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
well, that is a valid reason... Unvote: agentli

=/ That's what I get for going out of my comfort zone... >_> *goes back to being clueless*

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm just doing a fact review:
Dr_Twist: 8 (spam_master, camo-man, Blazer, Eorlingas, smashman90, commonyoshi, GotMink, ligolski)
GotMink: 1 (agentli)
Eorlingas: 1 (Dr_Twist)
smashman90: 1 (Pythag)
This was the first lynching.

We killed Dr. Twist. He was pro-town. This we know.
In the morning, Frozenflame was killed. He was also pro-town.

This means that of the 13 that are alive, one is the cop, one is the doctor/angel.
We do not know the amount of mafia that there are, and i don't think that docsalive will let us know.
Nor do we know the amount of independent(s)
So some of the mafia voted to kill twist. I think that's the best place to go from. (unless someone wishes to go back to agentli)
here's all of the voters (minus dr. twist):
spam_master, camo-man, Blazer, Eorlingas, smashman90, commonyoshi, GotMink, ligolski, Pythag, agentli .
arrrgh, I'll write much much more later, I've gotta get some sleep for work tomorrow.
sorry!

Lance87

Smash Lord
To make it easier to pinpoint where to start looking back at what happened with DrTwist, Eorlingas asked him his alignment for the first time in post #249.

I'm not trying to target or implicate Eorlingas by that statement, i'm just saying that because it was after that the votes started showing up on dr. twist, so that's where we should look.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
@Eorlingas- Answer me this, please. What exactly was going through your head when you targeted twist to ask about his alignment?
Basically, this

"Wow, that guy is dumb.

I learn first hand what happens when you try to be too smart with dumb people.

You know, I can probably just ask him to tell me what his side is and he'll be dumb enough to fall for it. "

Lance87

Smash Lord
Woot, no work today anymore! Anyways...

@Eorlingas-

The only reason I ask is because this statement from post #305 didn't sit right with me, with the most important part being highlighted.

Eorlingas said:
It was when he said “Hey I know that you’re town!!!!!” that I thought of something. Obviously, he was ********. But, besides that, the fact that he seemed delighted that he found a townie (how he came to that conclusion eludes me) made me think that maybe he wasn’t. Mafia perhaps, or independent.
Why would a mafia be delighted to find a townie when they know ahead of time who the townies are? If it were me, and I "positively identified" that someone was town, I would be delighted...because the townies are the ones who don't know and would be surprised by a fact like that. This statment just doesn't make sense.

I obviously didn't finish reading from one of my last posts but one other thing I noticed was Camo-man just popped in and voted on twist without even giving a reason. I just noticed it as I was going backwards through the thread so I haven't made it that far again but I'm workin' on it.

Lance87

Smash Lord
I was also thinking about how coincidental it was that the one person you targeted for this happened to be a town power role, thinking that maybe you somehow found out he had a power role through some mafia role or something and targeted him because he wasn't intelligient so it'd be easy to cover your tracks or something... that could be really farfetched though.. iunno.

Lance87

Smash Lord
I know how annoying these long posts can be so I apologize ahead of time xD

Play-by-Play Notes:

Pythag was first to cast suspicion on Dr. Twist in post #338.

Commonyoshi seemed to like Eorlingas' plan most out of anybody, even though it may have just been a townie that thought it was funny. He also defended Eorlingas a time or two. #345, i'll try and look back for more posts that are similar.

Ok, post #371 was camo-man's vote. I'm not sure if he unvotes or if anyone calls him out on that at this point because i'm typing this in word as i go along.

Spam voted on twist at post #378, giving what seems to be a legit reason.

Blazer votes in the next post, #379, not giving much of a reason at all.

In post #385 it seems like Blazer sort of takes Twist's words out of context, suggesting that since he said he wasn't mafia, but didn't mention being independant, he must be independant. This would be very easy for someone to sort of piggyback and go along with without suspicion.

Post #391, Blazer pretty much tells the town to vote for Twist no matter what.
Even though I can see he's totally screwed, I'm still not voting for him because I dont support the whole village idiot reasoning. If he turns out to be Mafia though... I'll lynch him in real life for making me look scummy.

Common ****ed up his good mafia skills from the previous post with #398...=(

A good post by Ligolski in #399, says something similar to what Common said before he messed that up.

GotMink posts:
If you read his posts he seems pretty independant to me... and voting an independant is better than letting the mafia get a free night kill. He did say that all he was going to say was that he wasn't mafia, and if he were town he would have said so.

Vote: Dr_Twist
^^^He did say he was town, just in a different way. #400 for reference.

Blazer defends/explains himself in post #403.

Ligolski sums up everything to this point in his own words in post #404, worth the read.

Post #411, Eorlingas tries to unpost, possibly a mafia ploy to make himself look less suspicious.

Day 1-over, post #418

I might put some final notes in my next post, no quotes, just my opinions and thoughts…not sure yet, I’m tired of typing/reading.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
Through this entire action series (After I read back and everything) It seems like there's either

A) a lot of baiting going on

or

B) it could be a mafia ploy to get Dr. Twist lynched

or

C) it could be an honest mistake

I don't have to explain C, because I think most people know what that means.

But for A, If you look at it, there's usually two sides to every story. This story involves Dr. Twist. A mafia wants all of its members in a plan somewhere usually, and in this instance, it could be that the "lynch party" convinced the "Don't lynch party" that Dr Twist deserved to be lynched. This means that the lynch party, right now consisting of Eorlingas and Blazer, would have been mafia, and, looking at the game size, and there probably being 3-4 mafia members, one or two of the people that were "convinced" could be mafia.

This doesn't mean that the first person to "cast suspicion" is necessarily mafia. The mafia probably want to bandwagon on an idea, and then try to get the ball rolling. This is accomplished, as said before, by "convincing townies" to switch their vote, causing other townies to also "see the light" and then bandwagon along just to end the day.

Lance87 said:
Blazer votes in the next post, #379, not giving much of a reason at all.

In post #385 it seems like Blazer sort of takes Twist's words out of context, suggesting that since he said he wasn't mafia, but didn't mention being independant, he must be independant. This would be very easy for someone to sort of piggyback and go along with without suspicion.

Post #391, Blazer pretty much tells the town to vote for Twist no matter what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer
I say we go ahead and do it.
If it were true, this would be the point in which people start getting "Convinced". And the orchestrator would be Eorlingas, who we all know to be smart enough to fabricate such a plot.

If it were a mafia ploy, it would only involve the "Lynch party" and not the opposite party, but I doubt this to be true. It would be too easy to see through it, and it wouldn't have used all of the members of the mafia.

FOS: Blazer
FOS: Eorlingas

agentli

Smash Apprentice
The FOS's don't take into account the people who got "convinced", because of the fact that so many people actually got duped that day. So it's kinda hard to tell who the other suspicious people would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom