• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirits Ricochet: Oh gosh, it's finally over! And to think, I didn't even play! Pokechu wins again.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Sorry for shooting you Ryumo, I didn't think anyone else would LOL and taking my anger out was the only way I could vent from losing prom king waaaaaaaah :(:(:cry:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Oh snap my favourite Pokémon is a spirit on the shop.

Also sorry Shiny, shot you for the lolz

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
How'd Toaster get so popular?? :cry: I cry way too much LOL

Toaster! Give me your secrets!! I want to be prom king, too!!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
So you're saying Bard planned to attack me originally? Hmph. This cannot be allowed to pass unpunished.
I did intend on targeting you, but it wasn't with an attack.

But if you choose to come at me, I'll show no mercy. En garde, black suit.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Also, can the host NOT reveal private information like who a player may or may not have been thinking about targeting? That's not in the rulebook.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I've been waiting to make a formal apology. I've been an utterly terrible host, making mistakes left and right, and I never had the chance to truly just say sorry. I've been treating everything way too casually, pretending that I'm part of the game, when I'm really not. You can try to deny it, when you host things, it's your job to deliver. This is a job. Maybe a part-time volunteer job, but it is currently my job to bring a fun and fair expereince to everybody who signed up.

As you all may know by now, I'm on vacation with my family at the moment, and have been on mobile only for the last three days. Obviously I can't juggle everything, nobody can. Many of you are upset at me (not even including bard) for treating this game so poorly, and while I offered an explanation earlier, I don't believe I've properly apologized. My family is pissed of that I'm neglecting them to stay on my phone, and as the eldest child of 17, my younger siblings are the ones in charge at the theme park (pertaining to activities to participate in). When you walk in at 8 AM with 100% battery and run out just after 2 PM, it speaks volumes about the use of my time. Everybody wants me to get my head out of my phone, and my parents want to make up for what they consider "lost time" because we don't get to talk during the typical day, only in the early mornings and nights. Obviously they get extremely annoyed when I slip answers to questions and other updates into SB. Which still makes me a ****ty host who has been doing a half-assed job at his actual work. It's not even huge mistakes, it's not like I forgot to do something huge. It's the little things that **** up everybody's enjoymenr of the game. This includes a lack of elaborating the rules to Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and @ShotoStar , among others who have never played Ricochet. It involves me leaking information that I can't differentiate with casual conversation with me and the players, which affected @Shishœ , Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma , Moydow Moydow , BarDulL BarDulL , and others. This involves a lack of updating my action list, which affected BarDulL BarDulL , @ShinyLegendary , and Pokechu Pokechu . This involves errors in the information that I sent out to players concerning initial abilities and phase results, which affected @GoldenYuiitusin , Jojalole Jojalole , @ShotoStar , Pokechu Pokechu , #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu , and Pokechu Pokechu . This involves me not sending out the phase results to players, which affected everybody. This involves me not answering questions or responding to requests, which affected The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn in particular, and plenty of the players. We are leaving the park premises, so I should have plenty of time. I swear I will do better, and I understand if you all are pissed because I ****ed up the game, making it neither fun nor fair. I'm almost surely done hosting after this.

Now, there is something I need more than anything. While checking the game momentarily for 5 minutes, I make tons of errors. I only check the PMs when I get a notification, and even then I don't usually add the action immediately to the Google Docs app. I need a double checker. If there is anybody, spectator or player who would like to become a co-host, I will gladly accept your help. I was considering calling the game off, or stalling until a co-host is made, but I will still delay the game to get my **** straight. All the previous actions and results are correct.

Day ends at 9PM EST

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
-appears among the living to answer the cry for help-

Well, I've got a whole week off of work to recover from an injury. So I could take some of that time to help you out.

But I'll most likely be asleep by the time phases end (assuming further phases end at 12 AM like it was originally supposed to be), so you'd be on your own for those.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I skimmed because I’m busy atm but I think you’re fine and none of us are taking it too seriously which is good. Ricochet is complicated and is tough to run because of all the interactions that are happening so it’s understandable that some mistakes are made.

I got annoyed only because now Moydow thinks I’m plotting against them which has affected the game state to a degree, and normally this should not have happened, but I have coped with this by way of eating tacos and filling my tummy. So yeah all good on my end.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh*** and yeah if you’re on vacation with spotty net then not much can be done about that.

Last edited:

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
If you need not daily deadlines I fully understand or need to take a hiatus, especially if you are on vacation.

also not going to lie this phase with the april fools thing going on I'm pretty checked out and planned on doing the minimum anyway, so delays are great today.

D

Deleted member

Tbh, I'd say focus on your family for now, I don't think putting the game on hold would be too much of a problem

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't think anyone will have much of a problem with waiting a while longer while you get your personal stuff sorted out. Running a game like this is pretty complicated, so mistakes are bound to happen somewhere, but no matter, just fix them up and move on.

Getting someone to help out might actually be a good idea, if you're struggling to find time to keep up with everything.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Vote: Pokechu

Haven’t actually looked at the votes, but give this lad prom king!

(If this vote is too late, my b).

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
PHASE 3 RESULTS

STANDARD:
Pokechu: Shoots Jojalole (But Jojalole shot self, so Pokechu endures 1 damage)
Pyra: Shoots Moydow (Moydow endures 1 damage)
Shishœ: Shoots GoldenYuiitusin (But the shot was reflected, so Shishœ endures 1 damage)
ShinyLegendary: Shoots ShotoStar (ShotoStar endures 1 damage)
BarDulL: Shoots Self (...but nobody shot BarDulL… BarDulL endures 1 damage)
Red Ryu: Shoots Smashing Ramen (Smashing Ramen endures 1 damage)
Zeke the Zekenator: Shoots Self (...but nobody shot Zeke the Zekenator… Zeke the Zekenator endures 1 damage)
Jojalole: Shoots Self (Successful!)
Z25: Shoots Air
Smashing Ramen
: Shoots Moydow (Moydow endures 1 damage)
ShotoStar: Shoots Shishœ (Shishœ endures 1.5 damage) (ShotoStar endures 0.5 recoil damage)

PRIMARY:
Pegasus Sisters perform their Primary attack on Red Ryu; however, it’s not very effective
Galacta Knight performs its primary attack on Shishœ; it’s super effective! (Shishœ endures 2 damage & Specter Knight is DEFEATED)
Waluigi receives intelligence about Jojalole’s equipped spirits

SUPPORT:
Snip & Clip causes an attack to deal double damage if the spirit has not received damage (Moydow endures an additional 1 damage)

==============================

Remaining Health:

Pokechu: 10/12
Pyra: 9.5/12
Shishœ: 8/12
Moydow: 10/16
ShinyLegendary: 9/12
BarDulL: 10/12
GoldenYuiitusin: 8/12
Red Ryu: 7.5/12
Zeke the Zekenator: 8/12
Jojalole: 12/12
Z25: 12/12
Alice Phantasma: 12/12
Smashing Ramen: 9.5/12
ShotoStar: 9.5/12

Item Results:

Pyra walks away as the undisputed champion of this phase’s vote, earning themselves the Eggplantify with 3 votes! Congratulations! Also, Shishœ and Z25 are eligible for the market spirit, Blaziken!

Additionally, Pokechu and Ryumo enter a mandatory spirit fight for Nia… but what’s this? Pokechu and Ryumo equipped identical spirit types this phase? In the case that there is a tie for a market spirit, the spirit is presented to the player who did not receive an item during that phase, which would result in a more even playing field for the voted players, and prevent any powerhouses. If there are multiple players who did not receive an item, then those players would contest the market spirit an additional phase. In this case, Pokechu is awarded with Nia S2 (2/4)!

(No damage is dealt for the case of a tie; it is a tie after all.)

Items up for grabs. To vote for somebody to receive an item say "Vote: Player" in the thread. Each person only has one vote to use. You may not vote for yourself.

Cease [Target] (Usage)

Deals 100 damage to target. This damage can be reflected through a self shot, but cannot be nullified through other abilities. (Each spirit only has a maximum of 4 HP, and this damage is only dealt to one spirit)

Spirit on the market. Each vote for the item will also count towards them entering the running for the Market Competition.

Bytans G0 (1.5/4)

Phase 4 ends on April 6th at 5:00 PM EST​

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
PHASE 3 RESULTS

STANDARD:
Pokechu: Shoots Jojalole (But Jojalole shot self, so Pokechu endures 1 damage)
Pyra: Shoots Moydow (Moydow endures 1 damage)
Shishœ: Shoots GoldenYuiitusin (GoldenYuiitusin endures 1 damage)
ShinyLegendary: Shoots ShotoStar (ShotoStar endures 1 damage)
BarDulL: Shoots Self (...but nobody shot BarDulL… BarDulL endures 1 damage)
Red Ryu: Shoots Smashing Ramen (Smashing Ramen endures 1 damage)
Zeke the Zekenator: Shoots Self (...but nobody shot Zeke the Zekenator… Zeke the Zekenator endures 1 damage)
Jojalole: Shoots Self (Successful!)
Z25: Shoots Air
Smashing Ramen
: Shoots Moydow (Moydow endures 1 damage)
ShotoStar: Shoots Shishœ (Shishœ endures 1.5 damage) (ShotoStar endures 0.5 recoil damage)

PRIMARY:
Pegasus Sisters perform their Primary attack on Red Ryu; however, it’s not very effective
Galacta Knight performs its primary attack on Shishœ; it’s super effective! (Shishœ endures 2 damage & Specter Knight is DEFEATED)
Waluigi receives intelligence about Jojalole’s equipped spirits

SUPPORT:
Snip & Clip causes an attack to deal double damage if the spirit has not received damage (Moydow endures an additional 1 damage)

Remaining Health:

Pokechu: 10/12
Pyra: 9.5/12
Shishœ: 8/12
Moydow: 8/12
ShinyLegendary: 9/12
BarDulL: 10/12
GoldenYuiitusin: 8/12
Red Ryu: 7.5/12
Zeke the Zekenator: 8/12
Jojalole: 12/12
Z25: 12/12
Alice Phantasma: 12/12
Smashing Ramen: 9.5/12
ShotoStar: 9.5/12

Item Results:

Pyra walks away as the undisputed champion of this phase’s vote, earning themselves the Eggplantify with 3 votes! Congratulations! Also, Shishœ and Z25 are eligible for the market spirit, Blaziken!

Additionally, Pokechu and Ryumo enter a mandatory spirit fight for Nia… but what’s this? Pokechu and Ryumo equipped identical spirit types this phase? In the case that there is a tie for a market spirit, the spirit is presented to the player who did not receive an item during that phase, which would result in a more even playing field for the voted players, and prevent any powerhouses. If there are multiple players who did not receive an item, then those players would contest the market spirit an additional phase. In this case, Ryumo is awarded with Nia S2 (2/4)!

(No damage is dealt for the case of a tie; it is a tie after all.)

Items up for grabs. To vote for somebody to receive an item say "Vote: Player" in the thread. Each person only has one vote to use. You may not vote for yourself.

Cease [Target] (Usage)

Deals 100 damage to target. This damage can be reflected through a self shot, but cannot be nullified, resisted, or negated through other abilities. (Each spirit only has a maximum of 4 HP, and this damage is only dealt to one spirit)

Spirit on the market. Each vote for the item will also count towards them entering the running for the Market Competition.

Bytans G0 (1.5/4)

Phase 4 ends on April 6th at 5:00 PM EST​
Wasn't Ryumo given the item that phase? I think RNG favored him and gave him some item that deals damage to everyone who shot air, right? Then why'd he get Nia? Waaaaaah LOL

Also sorry for shooting you Joja, I just wanted to shoot someone at full health... I guess not LOL

D

Deleted member

Wasn't Ryumo given the item that phase? I think RNG favored him and gave him some item that deals damage to everyone who shot air, right? Then why'd he get Nia? Waaaaaah LOL

Also sorry for shooting you Joja, I just wanted to shoot someone at full health... I guess not LOL
Agree with this, I thought I got the item.

Oh and also I changed name for a joke so bear with it :b

Last edited by a moderator:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Where would I be without you...

NOW I can confirm that we are now of errors. Everything is now correct, and we are back on track! !

Top Bottom