• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Game Thread - Game Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Sanction 1 Begins

Vote Count [S1-0]

Not Voting: FrozenFlame, bessie, somitomi, Z25, Sabrar, HeuristicCheese, Darkpit, FateShirou

With 8 players in Limbo, it takes 5 to sanction.
The deadline for Sanction 1 is Thursday, the 27th at 1:00 am MT.

HeuristicCheese HeuristicCheese , a hydra consisting of HeuryAlone and Swiss, replaces Swiss Swiss as of this point.

----

Please note that the deadline is at 1:00 A.M MT.
It may be extended by 12 hours if six players post the command
##PraytoLaserGuy in their journal.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sanction 1 Begins

Vote Count [S1-0]

Not Voting: FrozenFlame, bessie, somitomi, Z25, Sabrar, HeuristicCheese, Darkpit, FateShirou

With 8 players in Limbo, it takes 5 to sanction.
The deadline for Sanction 1 is Thursday, the 27th at 1:00 am MT.

HeuristicCheese HeuristicCheese , a hydra consisting of HeuryAlone and Swiss, replaces Swiss Swiss as of this point.

----

Please note that the deadline is at 1:00 A.M MT.
It may be extended by 12 hours if six players post the command
##PraytoLaserGuy in their journal.
A hydra sub in?
Swiss didn’t leave if he’s a part of a hydra. Is this so they can still be active with the trouble that might have had being active otherwise?

Swiss

Smash Lord
^exactly that. Don’t like leaving games and zen suggested a hydra - jumped at the chance.

Have seen flip - have not read thread - will post on hydra from now on.

Floored at the yeet choice

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I just read the rules and I don't see the tiebreaker rule.
Educated guess based on the 'no elim is not possible' rule, and the mod bolding a name in every votal even when votes were tied.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
if we rely on LaserGuy's reads then we should sanction somitomi,
If we want to prepare for Judgement Day and we don't mind living dangerously then we should sanction FrozenFlame.
If we just want to play it safe then we should sanction Darkpit.

None of the other players make sense,

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Welcome, Heury!
Not great, not terrible.
What do you mean?

I'd like to get back to this briefly:
1. somitomi completely fails to understand my initial ping; I explained several times so I think this is deliberate. He also fails to recognize that his reactions are reinforcing my suspicion.
Okay, I've slept on it and with fresh eyes, I think I see what I've missed yesterday. However, you equally failed to address that the following makes no logical sense if the role is made up:
#23 RVS FateShirou, notes that roles are weak and unrelated to alignment.
#33 Unvotes, claims a role that is related to alignment.
I pointed this out in the very first post you quoted and then reiterated it yesterday, but you focused on the two sencences of wine and dismissed it as trying to turn this into a meta-argument. You've also misinterpreted several of my other posts, mostly in the remarks you bolded as significant, so I'm left with the impression that you're misrepresenting me on purpose.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
What do you mean?
It's a meme. Also I wanted to annoy LaserGuy.

The other options I understand, but could you explain this one?
If it ever comes to Judgement Day we need an experienced townie to be sanctioned. FrozenFlame fits the bill and was townread by both LaserGuy and myself. However I do not trust LaserGuy's judgement here that much and I obviously don't trust myself. If FrozenFlame turns out to be a demon then we need to be extremely cautious in the next sanctioning phase.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
It's a meme. Also I wanted to annoy LaserGuy.
Yeah, I've seen the HBO series, I was wondering what you think would've been "terrible". Or was that an allusion to the character ignoring signs that the situation is in fact much, much worse than what the measurements indicate?

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
u guys r a bunch of nerds

Sanction
FrozenFlame
Z25
Sabrar
FateShirou

Suffer
bessie
Somitomi
Swiss
Darkpit

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Not going to rag on you guys too much but what was the point of extending the phrase and not being active in the last hour or even throughout extra day jeez

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've seen the HBO series, I was wondering what you think would've been "terrible". Or was that an allusion to the character ignoring signs that the situation is in fact much, much worse than what the measurements indicate?
Nothing related to the series, the quote just fit the situation. 'Not terrible' in this case means that LaserGuy provided strong reads and had a lot of interaction, so we're better off information-wise than if we banished a lurker.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With Laser being town, I think we need to look at somi, Swiss, Bessie. One of them I would bet is scum. There’s a lot of content from those 3 and statistically I’d say it’s likely one won’t flip town. I have an idea on who too, but I need to re read to affirm my hunch

Sabrar

Smash Ace
With Laser being town, I think we need to look at somi, Swiss, Bessie. One of them I would bet is scum. There’s a lot of content from those 3 and statistically I’d say it’s likely one won’t flip town. I have an idea on who too, but I need to re read to affirm my hunch
Statements like these don't mean too much. If you pick 3 names completely at random, there is an 88% probability that at least one of them is scum. Why those 3 and not any of the 3 who actually voted LaserGuy out?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh goddamnit

sorry laser, I seriously just did not buy your read of me as authentic especially given it was predicated on meta. I aspire to not have a consistent meta as either alignment and I've approached this game very differently due to the fundamental differences in the setup so it was weird to me that you would choose meta to read me when the format was so different which imo should have mitigated the weight you would give to that as the format should inherently cause people to adjust their strategy. it felt like a lame excuse to buddy me and avoid a possible bullet later. guess you picked up on something I'm not aware of though because your read on me was correct, fml

so much for my day 1 solve, back to the drawing board, gonna do a re-read tonight

HeuristicCheese

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! Had gotten asked if I could be a sub but was unsure since I'll be busier in a couple weeks. Then got messaged suggesting doing hydra with Swiss since apparently he's rather busy right now, so works out for the both of us. Excited to play with everyone!

Grandma's birthday party is happening today. so I'll start posting tonight when that's over.

First thoughts about this phase:
With no night kills, I think it would be a benefit keeping the most obv town player(s) around during the banish phase. Today we should quickly decide on the towniest player, then not vote them, essentially trying to vote on the second (or third) towniest player. Do this every saction phase. If we ever sanction a scum, then switch to sanctioning the towniest player.

Haha

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Statements like these don't mean too much. If you pick 3 names completely at random, there is an 88% probability that at least one of them is scum. Why those 3 and not any of the 3 who actually voted LaserGuy out?
Sure you could say that, but there’s been plenty of debate over these slots, and they have had so many interactions throughout this first day and I don’t think all of them are town.

I’ve already been addressing Swiss. Bessie was on the laser wagon and Iaser didn’t fully trust their reads on Bessie or Laser. Which Is something I’ve been agreeing with and why I want to go back and review. Bessie’s content hasn’t felt the same as usual and I don’t fully trust their slot because of that.

Somi is a slot I’m not too familiar with and give the back and forth they had, I really want try and get a better read. Without knowing their meta too well, I feel I could be letting a slot slip under the radar if I don’t review them more.

As for some of the others.

I think Dark Pit looks good right now and is on par with their past games. You I don’t have any issues with and I’m not the best at reading you, but I can only evaluate so much at one time. So I want to start with my better reads.

Frozen going after laser for stuff like non authentic reads doesn’t sit well with me.

Honestly a fate, frozen team would not surprise me given their interactions this last phase. Feels buddying to me( like how fate was trying to get frozen more on the Laser wagon and doing anything that could stir the pot there). So I want to compare their early game content to.

Fate again kinda of ties into frozen imo but they also interacted with players a lot.

Actually in quick retro spect, there is some big things I noticed. I’m going to make another post in a bit, let me get to my laptop.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
HeuryAlone, thank you for playing! Awesome avatar!

Educated guess based on the 'no elim is not possible' rule, and the mod bolding a name in every votal even when votes were tied.
You, of all people, didn’t think to confirm this with the mod??

if we rely on LaserGuy's reads then we should sanction somitomi,
Why are you singling out somitomi from LaserGuy’s reads? LaserGuy suggested FrozenFlame, somitomi, FateShirou, and Datkpit for sanction.

Okay, I've slept on it and with fresh eyes, I think I see what I've missed yesterday. However, you equally failed to address that the following makes no logical sense if the role is made up:

I pointed this out in the very first post you quoted and then reiterated it yesterday, but you focused on the two sencences of wine and dismissed it as trying to turn this into a meta-argument. You've also misinterpreted several of my other posts, mostly in the remarks you bolded as significant, so I'm left with the impression that you're misrepresenting me on purpose.
For like at least the fourth or fifth time, that’s the point. Your claim didn’t make sense given the random assignment of alignments to roles. I felt your response when I pointed this out was suspicious. You never considered why I was pinged, you just got over the top defensive.
If I’ve misinterpreted any of your posts, why don’t you explain where you believe my interpretation to be incorrect instead of just throwing the accusation out there?

I’ve already been addressing Swiss. Bessie was on the laser wagon and Iaser didn’t fully trust their reads on Bessie or Laser. Which Is something I’ve been agreeing with and why I want to go back and review. Bessie’s content hasn’t felt the same as usual and I don’t fully trust their slot because of that.
Who did you mean by the underlined?
What games are you using as a baseline for my “usual” content? Because I think we have played one game together a year ago, and you have already said you have not visited DGames in a long time.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I rarely ask questions to which I presume to know the answers. You know that.

Why are you singling out somitomi from LaserGuy’s reads? LaserGuy suggested FrozenFlame, somitomi, FateShirou, and Datkpit for sanction.
As alluded to I trust LaserGuy's reads less when it comes to non-xkcd people.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I'm re reading the thread after Sabrar got me thinking. Frozen doesn't look good at all so far.

who the **** are you and what have you done with swiss, if this isn't evidence that swiss is demon possessed idk what is

## Swiss

liking the new guy's entrance, early town lean

somi feels off, scumlean

loving how we're rehashing the "lol are we all red herring PRs" discussion from completely vanilla mafia but with the added bonus of the mod already giving us the answer
This is just the start of Frozen trying to throw shade so to speak on random users. Which makes no sense as a day one play from town.
I'm already tunneling this post and I think Sabrar is sitting quite content knowing he's accomplished his goal
A few posts later and now frozen is trying to frame Sabrar as setting them up to tunnel others.
Can you explain what you find suspect about this post?
keep this in mind for later in the post.
protip, you probably don't want to show your hand quite to much this early on

I'm reading this impulse to proactively explain himself as more townleaning
Here they are buddying to fate, not throwing shade on them like they have been to others.
I didn't say it was suspect, I said I was tunneling it

its uncharacteristic of what I've seen historically from sabrar, and I think that's the joke he's making in the post making reference to how a new game format is an excuse for him to act out of meta

why he felt the need to draw overt attention to it is what I'm spinning my mental wheels over
Again, now back to targeting Sabrar.
Ah okay, sorry, I usually think of tunneling to more refer to an alignment read, whereas you just mean you're thinking a lot about it.

Liking your content so far. You can be Town this game.

Your assessment here is basically correct. I think it's NAI for Swiss, but I haven't played with him as scum so I'm just going by personality.
Save this for later to.
can you point to an example that illustrates your point here?

what are you getting at describing laser as "spidery" specifically?
This is in response to the mention that Dark Pit was thinking out loud which Somi pointed out and was their reasoning for town reading Dark Pit. Note that at this point, Dark Pit is on Frozen's scum list for no real reason? Pit was actively participating and showing genuine enough thought. Which also Frozen literally responding to posts made on the exact page that shows Dark Pit's thinking out loud process( page 3 post 52).

So to ask this question to Somi makes no sense. It comes off as an attempt to discredit Pit for playing well. Something Frozen has slowly been seeding here in the game so far.
awkward interaction with Swiss here, this comes off very, uh, squeamish? like don't look at me, ask everyone else please. though this could also just be a lack of confidence showing which is NAI

what exactly is "weak sauce" about giving reads in your opinion? or are you calling the reads themselves weaksauce, not the giving of them?

why swiss? also your coasting is noted

what do you mean by this?

Town:

FateShirou
Maven

Meh:

LaserGuy
bessie
Somitomi

Can go:

Darkpit
Sabrar
Swiss
Reads list for proof of Pit being there. Note how everyone they've been talking to has been getting thrown towards the bottom of the list and slightly pushed in negative directions.
Sabrar has gold text now? anyone claiming responsibility for this?

this post still reads grime af imo

just comes off forced an inauthentic, gut read

I also feel like you're trying to buddy me, same with laser, and it's feeding my paranoia of a swiss/laser/darkpit team

how serious was this? laser coming out the gate saying "sheeping sabrar" whether intended to be a joke RVS vote or not, was questionable to me
-Laser is buddying Frozen?

How da hell does this make any sense. The two laser posts I quoted show nothing of the sort. Laser has literally only responded to them twice at this point, and that behavior sure as hell wasn't buddying.

This feels like such an obvious setup to try and discredit laser for his lynch later and like Frozen is just making stuff up to sow confusion and distrust.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Continuing on

@LaserGuy would you characterize your play as passive so far this phase?

@Maven89 stop like being sorta obvtown early only to just like coast until deadline, you're squandering it =(

bessie bessie somitomi somitomi @Maven89 Darkpit54 Darkpit54

need to hear more from you all re: actual stances on slots, we're halfway thru the phase and I really don't see many real reads. don't need a full readlist if you don't want to yet but need atleast some pitches from you all if im going to have any chance at reading your slots

interesting 3 slots to pick here, especially considering you want to sanction 2/3 of my first shot at the team solve

I want to understand your thought process here, do you have independent reasons for the locations for each of these proposals or are you picking these slots based on their relationships to one another? because if you feel laserguy and darkpit are aligned I share that suspicion but in that they're mates so walk me thru this
Their last post before they can't post for awhile. They are also town reading Maven here like hard reading, despite Maven sort of just being here and there. The rest of the users they have issue with have been providing way more content, and I'm filling in for Maven lol. From an outside perspective, it would have made no sense to town read Maven, unless they wanted to carry arguably one of the strongest players in this game to endgame, as they didn't know he was getting replaced yet. Its' better to buddy up to Maven and get him on your side than to leave him to work by himself imo.
Vote Count [B1-7]

FateShirou | 3/5 | LaserGuy, somitomi, Sabrar
Swiss | 2/5 | FrozenFlame, FateShirou
somitomi | 2/5 | Swiss, bessie

Not Voting: Z25, Darkpit

sab, sab
las, sab
sab, unv
sab, las
mav, las - invalid
swiss, las
som, shi
som, unv
fro, swi
swi, las - already voting
shi, swi
las, bes
swi, bes
las, shi
bes, somi
las, bes
sab, unv
sab, shi
somi, shi
z25, swi
las, shi
swi, somi
z25, unv

With 9 players in Limbo, it takes 5 to banish.
The deadline for Banish 1 is Friday, the 21st at 11:59 pm MT.
Now note this is where the wagon was at, as the laser spam votes were dying down.
this post of sab chainsawing bessie and going hard at laser confirms sab and laser aren't mates, can't see this as theatre, it feels personal-ish

at the time of this post wasnt swiss the leading wagon and you were voting him with me? what are you saying here then? very confused

weird for you to vote like this and then

this doesnt feel like a genuine town reaction to having his alleged "gut read" validated at all

the **** does this mean? about what? how you're trying to gas me up and it's not paying dividends for you? see below

hate you and laser so hard townreading me I feel like Im in a ****ing blizzard

Sabrar Sabrar whats your take on swiss/laser mates?

I feel like both of them are like trying to avoid antagonizing me because they know they cant NK me if I get thorny, and I'm trusting your read of laser over mine. dude's tone is so insanely consistent so I can only ready him based on his moves and I do not like his moves this game

##Laserguy
Frozen comes back, and immediately comes in to try and get the heat off on fate, and move it back to Laser, despite Swiss being their main vote target beforehand. There was no natural progression sense here and it screams, that they are trying to protect their teammate from a day one lynch imo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
where was all this when sabrar held out on claiming? feels like you're not following through on your proposed calculus
Frozen decides to backtrack and proceeds to get everyone to try and force their votes on Laser.
hey flame

Laser's flipflopping is pretty sus IMO

got anything to add for somitomi or bessie?
Fate and Frozen starting buddying each other here to push the Laser Lynch.
lmao how is anyone scum reading fate after this
Literally, this is pointless. You know how many times I've scum go "go ahead vote me out, I don't care, do it if your gonna do it". Quite often, its an extremely common tactic, so using this post to justify a town read on Fate is just bad.
Z25 Z25 if scum!swiss you're hard clear bro, the fact that this is maven's last bit of giving a ** about the game and he spent it to say this petty ** speaks volumes hahahaha
Here is the start of something I didn't think about, but now that I have; it sounds like it was an attempt to start buddying me up to take laser out. By promising a hard town clear if Swiss is scum, and encouraging me to vote Laser by bringing up the idea Maven must have known something.
Z25 Z25 why do you think maven just full quoted lasers first post and insta voted him? do you take that vote as RVS?
This post even further supports my theory. This was such an out of the blue question, but seeing it from the perspective that Frozen decided to start randomly pushing Laser, and then tries to recruit others; this was bait in hindsight.
Fate, why somi over laser swiss or darkpit?
Again, trying to push laser and swiss into the lynch pool, and get themselves out of it.
they spent the majority of the game talking about wether day 1 claims were good/bad for scum, and then the tussle with me, feels like they are tunneling on me

I thought swiss/laser were solving
but that on/offvote on me is so stupid like jeez
it feels like they dont want me to be lynched but want to vote on someone

I'm okay voting there now
and on darkpit, them dropping a vote on me for -1 is just terrible lol
Fate is convinced in one post, to automatically side with Frozen and yeet Laser, despite the content both users made, being recognized prior as contributing to the game. This progression doesn't come off as natural, it comes from the perspective of a team pushing an agenda.
now thats a ****ing bingo right there

clownish first vote for sure
Not so surprisingly, it was not as their logic towards the laser lynch was far from strong.
sabrar how many times will u vote for me this phrase
37mins left
what are you going to do
keep tunneling on me, vote somewhere else?

lets take a look at ur bud laser
would you vote there
how do you feel about them being on/off me

how do you feel about pit dropping their vote nd bouncing on a -1

anyone you feel sus about?

want to talk bessie?
Wow look at that, more dirt being thrown towards everyone else in an attempt to push the same players over and over, despite reasoning and conviction to really back those lynches up.
cmon the only fair way to characterize blundering less than an hour left of deadline on a 5 day phase is slightly suboptimal just from a math standpoint, but Im now realizing that the power is probably just applied as +24 hours from the stated deadline end, not from the time of request, so in reality that point is moot

yes laser is very obviously afraid of the last minute scramble turning his way, very self prez
-Laser mentions having more to say after they catch up, does not get to contribute unill long after he extended deadline. Which shows Lasers was obviously not despearate and actively trying to think and solve. A mindset a normal player would have, but not scum. This was just a cheap shot to raise more pitch forks at the slot.

Not to mention, Laser literally wasn't going to be voted unless Frozen had their way, as at that moment, Somi was in the lead at 3 votes, while Laser had 2. This shows how aggressive they were in trying to lynch a now confirmed townie. I can't see any town aligned player acting like this, especially if the wagon they started wasn't even the one in the lead of votes.
the idea is that scum are informed and therefore tend to spend more time and attention playing off what other slots are doing rather than just focusing on their own viewpoint. they fundamentally can't un-know everyone's alignment and it can be tough for less experienced scum to to truly emulate that ignorance and not see the game from an isolated and limited viewpoint that all townies fundamentally have relative to scum
This is ironic, because I'm pretty sure this is exact what Frozen has been doing, buddying to others and get them to make convictions toward laser so that Frozen could get that lynch.

Overall, Frozen does not seem anywhere near town aligned to me. I could be wrong, but If I'm not, I would bet money Fate is on that team as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
HeuryAlone, thank you for playing! Awesome avatar!

For like at least the fourth or fifth time, that’s the point. Your claim didn’t make sense given the random assignment of alignments to roles. I felt your response when I pointed this out was suspicious. You never considered why I was pinged, you just got over the top defensive.
If I’ve misinterpreted any of your posts, why don’t you explain where you believe my interpretation to be incorrect instead of just throwing the accusation out there?

Who did you mean by the underlined?
What games are you using as a baseline for my “usual” content? Because I think we have played one game together a year ago, and you have already said you have not visited DGames in a long time.
Sorry, the laser, was suppose to be Swiss, so it would have been Laser didn't trust his read on Swiss or you 100 hundred percent and was wary of lynching your slots at the time.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Suffer
bessie
Somitomi
Swiss
Darkpit
Could you talk about the reason Swiss and bessie moved from the "not vote" group?
Ok, so scum!somi points out that roles are completely random and then... makes up a power that seems to contratict the very thing he pointed out mere hours earlier. Apparently that's what you think happened and for "like at least the fourth or fifth time", that sequence of events makes no logical sense. Thinking that my role is a false claim assumes either that I didn't realise roles were randomised or that I had some kind of massive brainfart while coming up with a claim.
And yes, I went into overdrive, probably because I didn't want to get yeeted on D1 for the third time in a row. I'm aware that this was counterproductive.
Because it doesn't seem like a productive use of my time, but have it your way.
#285 Questions Sabrar on why he didn’t claim; responds to FateShirou’s question as to who he would vote for and says he would OMGUS vote me; revises his role claim in response to my questioning him on it (and is very defensive about it).
Yeah, I said I'd shoot you right after also saying I didn't have a proper answer for that question. It was a fairly off-the-cuff and not entirely serious remark.
#353 Unvotes and claims he never wanted to eliminate FateShirou; responds to Swiss.
As pointed out by Sabrar, what I actually said was that I'm not determined to eliminate Fate.
#440 Concerned that LaserGuy is buddying him; explains his votes on FateShirou and Swiss (claims both were weak); thinks Laser might be scum, suspicious of me to a lesser extent.
I'm only calling my Swiss read weak here and you're less suspicious in comparison to Swiss, not LaserGuy. I made a general remark about not having strong reads in #435, relfecting my state of mind after the speed of the wagon made me reconsider.
#449 Responds to my explanation on what I found suspicious in his claim (continues to miss why I had my initial ping, deliberate?). Tries to turn the conversation to the would-I-do-this-as-scum?? meta argument.
Only two sentences were about whether I'd do this as scum, I also made the same logical point as above and explained the meta-read behind my vote.
#450 Would-LaserGuy-do-this-as-my-buddy?? meta argument. Somi says LaserGuy is in his townreads??
I actually said LaserGuy was in my townreads at one point.
3. somitomi is concerned LaserGuy is buddying him and claims that he is scum reading LaserGuy, but has not voted for him.
I'm pretty sure you don't actually believe that a scumread has to lead to a vote at all times and my read of LaserGuy was more of a scumlean anyway.
4. somitomi ends the day with a vote on me in #446 for “wine-adjacent and gut-feely” reasons, even though in #440 I was a weak suspicion (lesser than Swiss) and Laser was a possible scum read.
#446 literally begins with "I've been thinking about bessie a lot", which is what lead to the weak suspicion becoming stronger. It was a meta-read which I later explained in more detail.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25
top town reads
you say me and frozen are buddies, which one of you would you flip first
Top:
Dark Pit: actively thinking and trying to solve, and I don’t really see anything that stands out as overly scummy.
Sabrar: I’ve played with both sides of Sabrar, but this brash straight forward one is his town meta. He can end up playing more discretely if scum, and he’s not really playing like that this game.

Mid tier:
Bessie: started out a little different, but her reads lists and later content feels more aligned with town Bessie.

Somi: I’m still unfamiliar with this slot, and havent gotten to fully review them again yet. Still I don’t think they stand out as worse than Frozen, and I still hold out suspicions for Swiss.

Fate: I only got to think about half of your posts while focusing on Frozen, but my main argument for you depends on the Frozen flip.

Scum possibilities:

Hydra: I’ve already mentioned my problems here

Frozen: my top read right now after a review of the laser flip compared to their posts.

So to answer the question, I would rather lynch Frozen First and go from there. You could just be getting buddied and it’s not a partnership. My
Viewpoint could change based on a review of your content after a frozen flip.

My question to you though, how does Frozen’s behavior towards you feel now with the aggressive laser push that gave us a town flip?

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Could you talk about the reason Swiss and bessie moved from the "not vote" group?
Swiss for doing absolute nothing at day end, coming in and throwing a vote down for laser
like what was that, could have worked with laser to take someone else down

navigating bessie's post are a nightmare
there is just so much fat in them, giving out summaries of what people said, like jeez i can just read what they said, no need to keep repeating it
what the hell are you STILL on about
Tell me, top 3 you would sanction right now

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Dark Pit: actively thinking and trying to solve, and I don’t really see anything that stands out as overly scummy.
Is darkpit trying to solve?
dropping a vote on me to take it to T-1, and then not doing anything the rest of the day
how are they solving?
My question to you though, how does Frozen’s behavior towards you feel now with the aggressive laser push that gave us a town flip?
If frozen is trying to pocket me, then they have to try harder
Not going to get them sanctioned until i see more from them

who would YOU Z25, vote for, to be sanctioned

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is darkpit trying to solve?
dropping a vote on me to take it to T-1, and then not doing anything the rest of the day
how are they solving?

If frozen is trying to pocket me, then they have to try harder
Not going to get them sanctioned until i see more from them

who would YOU Z25, vote for, to be sanctioned
Dark pit’s page 2 content is a great example of them solving. They are clearly trying to sort players and thinking out loud over various aspects of the game. It comes off pretty natural imo.

He even asked for your own games as example on page four to try and figure you out. Pit is still new, odds are he wouldn’t be way over thinking and asking for games of others as scum, because you would see those games matter here more. But he doesn’t focus on them, which means he thought on them but isn’t trying to build his play style around it like a scum player normally would.

So I doubt scum Pit does this.

168 is another example. They are rationalizing plays based on what’s being discussed rather than trying to go all in on looking town. He’s thinking to critically to be scum. Regardless of how bad hisvote may have been, you could make the same argument that as a newbie player he would probably make that mistake. It’s really not uncommon day one for people to just be ok with a quick lynch when there isn’t much being discussed.

Could I be wrong? Absolutely, but I’m confident in my read right now.

In terms of sanctions, I wouldn’t oppose Dark Pit considering his claim is his skill works with the sanction. But he might be better saved for later.

Other than that I agree with Sabrar that so I could be an option. I could see the hydra maybe being an option too, but, I haven’t played with a sanction before so I’m not the best person to give an informed opinion on the best option.

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice

Other than that I agree with Sabrar that so I could be an option. I could see the hydra maybe being an option too, but, I haven’t played with a sanction before so I’m not the best person to give an informed opinion on the best option.
put them in order, from most to least willing to sanction

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dark pit’s page 2 content is a great example of them solving. They are clearly trying to sort players and thinking out loud over various aspects of the game. It comes off pretty natural imo.

He even asked for your own games as example on page four to try and figure you out. Pit is still new, odds are he wouldn’t be way over thinking and asking for games of others as scum, because you would see those games matter here more. But he doesn’t focus on them, which means he thought on them but isn’t trying to build his play style around it like a scum player normally would.

So I doubt scum Pit does this.

168 is another example. They are rationalizing plays based on what’s being discussed rather than trying to go all in on looking town. He’s thinking to critically to be scum. Regardless of how bad hisvote may have been, you could make the same argument that as a newbie player he would probably make that mistake. It’s really not uncommon day one for people to just be ok with a quick lynch when there isn’t much being discussed.

In terms of sanctions, I wouldn’t oppose Dark Pit considering his claim is his skill works with the sanction. But he might be better saved for later.

Also for reference the So I is suppose to be Somi

Sabrar

Smash Ace

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Super sorry for the inactivity! Our show was this weekend so I was crazy busy, and probably should have warned you guys ahead of time.

I skimmed everything, but will reread and be back in full swing tomorrow morning.

Quick thoughts tho feeling way more validated in my reads on Frozen and Fate. Love the post from Z, we share a lot of the same thoughts. I may try to go in more detail later. Getting better vibes from Sab too, but I'll try to figure out exactly why tomorrow. May just be a stupid gut thing.

And rip Laser :,(

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Also as much as it sucks that Laser was a spirit because he was banished, it's almost a little validating? I should probably start trusting my gut more, and actually pushing my reads

HeuristicCheese

Smash Rookie
I want to say Peaceful Whale claimed as town in Crossover and as mafia in another game I can’t remember but I think it was Refrigerator mafia, which is a game I haven’t started working on yet.
I believe that was the game I was scum with peaceful whale. I suggested he breadcrumb being a doctor by claiming being an apple. (An apple a day keeps the doctor away). But he claimed some other random fruit somehow on accident when trying to crumb doctor. Good times.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
navigating bessie's post are a nightmare
there is just so much fat in them, giving out summaries of what people said, like jeez i can just read what they said, no need to keep repeating it
I think that's just how she plays mafia, although I understand that you couldn't know that.
I don't think any of us played a game like this before, so your guess is as good as mine. Darkpit remains my strongest townread, but I'm not sure if that means he should be sanctioned (see Sabrar's response to me regarding Frozen). I'd also be down to sanctioning you or Sabrar.

Top Bottom