• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Game Thread - Game Over!

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame if your saying im too stupid to play scum just say that

Ik the vote was less-than-ideal, but I had been told multiple times to vote, and figured it would be better to vote for the wagon I would prefer and at least show where I stood than disappear for the day having never voted, right?
73mins bud
where r u voting

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm rereading, I'll let you know when I've decided.

I have a strong gut feeling that I'm missing something obvious but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I understand the concept but I'm giving it less weight due to unfamiliarity with FateShirou's normal playstyle. After wam's Chaos game I'm less inclined to give unknown players more slack and rather judge them on content.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
we have to wait for xivii to confirm that laser's claimed power is legit but I doubt laser would lie about a role like that as either alignment

sabrar is right tho, timing is slightly suboptimal as far as best town EV

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I'm here.

In terms of me talking my ability, I meant it more as I don’t see too much use for it in a kill without night kill, because anyone could in theory have an action that affects another player. And with no night kill, I couldn’t use my ability to really prove scum one way or another like a normal game. Seeing that people have an action is ultimately pointless imo because the action a person has could be anything, which in turn would not prove or disprove something one way or another.
Yes that’s what I was saying, I believe most if not all of the powers are supposed to be vanillaish. Even if FateShirou didn’t claim his power and target, how’s it going to help you solve the game if you find it out?

want to talk bessie?
What do you want to talk about? I feel I have been open with my thoughts. I think I caught something odd in somitomi’s claim, he also made an early comment about demons keeping secret their roles. When I try to poke somitomi on what he thinks about the demons false claiming, LaserGuy answers for him. Ok hmmmm. I point out that this question was for somitomi, and LaserGuy says that my point was trivial and he didn’t feel it was important who answered. No. I wanted somitomi to answer, and that was the reason.

I have since established that somitomi’s claim was not completely accurate, as I suspected.

I feel LaserGuy has been deliberately misrepresenting my content. I think he is trying to distract from my early ping on somitomi.

FateShirou, I am suspicious of you because of your suspicion of FrozenFlame for his role. I am a little suspicious of Z25 because of some things he had said about the role mechanics, but Z25 replaced and hasn’t been thinking about the game mechanics for five days like everyone else so he gets a bit of an allowance for that.

Ninja'd by the extension.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
May be important to consider a Laser/Somi scumteam if either end up flipping scum, but especially Laser. It would've been real easy for scum laser to just jump on that wagon if Somi was town

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
What do you mean slightly suboptimal? LaserGuy is fully aware of the last minute scramble and he deliberately avoided it.
Sorry, but could I ask what you mean by this?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [B1-11]

somitomi* | 3/5 | FateShirou, Swiss, bessie
LaserGuy |2/5| Sabrar, FrozenFlame
Swiss | 2/5 | Z25, somitomi*
FateShirou | 1/5 | Darkpit
bessie | 1/5 | LaserGuy

Not Voting: None

sab, sab
las, sab
sab, unv
sab, las
mav, las - invalid
swiss, las
som, shi
som, unv
fro, swi
swi, las - already voting
shi, swi
las, bes
swi, bes
las, shi
bes, som
las, bes
sab, unv
sab, shi
som, shi
z25, swi
las, shi
swi, som
z25, unv
pit, shi
sab, unv
las, unvo
shi, som
las, bes
som, unv
som, swi
fro, las
sab, las
z25, swi

With 9 players in Limbo, it takes 5 to banish.
The deadline for Banish 1 is Saturday, the 22nd at 11:59 pm MT.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I feel like there's not enough resistance to the Somi yeet, unless I've missed some somewhere.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
What do you mean slightly suboptimal? LaserGuy is fully aware of the last minute scramble and he deliberately avoided it.
cmon the only fair way to characterize blundering less than an hour left of deadline on a 5 day phase is slightly suboptimal just from a math standpoint, but Im now realizing that the power is probably just applied as +24 hours from the stated deadline end, not from the time of request, so in reality that point is moot

yes laser is very obviously afraid of the last minute scramble turning his way, very self prez

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
May be important to consider a Laser/Somi scumteam if either end up flipping scum, but especially Laser. It would've been real easy for scum laser to just jump on that wagon if Somi was town
wait nvm Laser's at 2 votes I'm an idiot. still maybe a possibility but less relevant than I was thinking

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
And Frozen on his quote too
the idea is that scum are informed and therefore tend to spend more time and attention playing off what other slots are doing rather than just focusing on their own viewpoint. they fundamentally can't un-know everyone's alignment and it can be tough for less experienced scum to to truly emulate that ignorance and not see the game from an isolated and limited viewpoint that all townies fundamentally have relative to scum

Sabrar

Smash Ace
If I had been sure I would be here, I might have held off for longer.
Obviously, but then you should not have promised to be here 30 minutes before the deadline. There is just the smallest of conflicts there in my mind.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
im burnt out as **** gonna try to get some sleep, had a brutally long work day today

I wont be home most of tomorrow morning but should be free again by mid afternoon and I can definitely clear time for deadline tomorrow so Ill catch yall then

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm here.

Yes that’s what I was saying, I believe most if not all of the powers are supposed to be vanillaish. Even if FateShirou didn’t claim his power and target, how’s it going to help you solve the game if you find it out?

What do you want to talk about? I feel I have been open with my thoughts. I think I caught something odd in somitomi’s claim, he also made an early comment about demons keeping secret their roles. When I try to poke somitomi on what he thinks about the demons false claiming, LaserGuy answers for him. Ok hmmmm. I point out that this question was for somitomi, and LaserGuy says that my point was trivial and he didn’t feel it was important who answered. No. I wanted somitomi to answer, and that was the reason.

I have since established that somitomi’s claim was not completely accurate, as I suspected.

I feel LaserGuy has been deliberately misrepresenting my content. I think he is trying to distract from my early ping on somitomi.

FateShirou, I am suspicious of you because of your suspicion of FrozenFlame for his role. I am a little suspicious of Z25 because of some things he had said about the role mechanics, but Z25 replaced and hasn’t been thinking about the game mechanics for five days like everyone else so he gets a bit of an allowance for that.

Ninja'd by the extension.
I’m not sure what fate has to do with anything I said? I was talking about Swiss.

Regardless, like I said i don’t see a way my ability gives any real info this game. I guess it depends on what powers are in the game but even so the opening sounds like it’s nothing major that normally helps prove things.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
You’re missing my point, which is that you’re giving town points to someone for a remark that is very easy to fake because it can’t be verified. Your reason feels forced to me.
It feels genuine. I don't really care if it's verifiable. I'm not asking for his notes. The question is, if Darkpit were scum, would be spending time agonizing over his FrozenFlame read? Clearly not. Would scum!Darkpit think: "If I were Town in this situation, I would be deeply confused about FrozenFlame and be writing a bunch of frustrated notes in my journal about this?" and "Is this detail something that I should include as an attempt to fake a Townslip?" My impression of Darkpit is he is not the type of player that would be thinking things through in this manner.

I want to say Peaceful Whale claimed as town in Crossover and as mafia in another game I can’t remember but I think it was Refrigerator mafia, which is a game I haven’t started working on yet. My encyclopedic mafia memory is faltering after a year and a half (I have discussed this somewhere on this site recently) but I will think about it, I just don’t want to use the hours before deadline searching old games. So for right now I will concede that you currently have more supporting data than I do.
I remember he faked a breadcrumb. I don't recall when he actually claimed his role.

Interesting you scum read me for content that you don’t want to take the time to read carefully.
I scumread you for the content you posted in the thread, at the time you posted it. That you were claim you were intentionally trying to disguise your thoughts doesn't actually enhance your credibility.

This from the person that had blocked my attempts to question somitomi. You mean I’m digging into people you don’t want me looking at.
If you believe not having the answer to one question derails your scumhunting entirely, it probably means you are not actually scumhunting. The fact that the entirety of your case on him appears to rest on this single point and you haven't attempt to engage with any of his other content is kind of baffling to me.

Can you honestly tell me that you think nitpicky focus is out of the range of someone that has been known to tunnel people based on their confirmation posts??
But you aren't actually tunneling him at all.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
My point about the powers isn’t that I would clear anyone for just having or even using a power, but that Swiss originally was under the impression powers did not work like this it seems. Which means their way of thinking should have been that by demonstrating their ability if they had it, they could look better.
I don't really understand why you think scum!Swiss would think his power is clearing. Just because a role is demonstrable doesn't mean that mafia cannot have it.

weird for you to vote like this and then

this doesnt feel like a genuine town reaction to having his alleged "gut read" validated at all
My gut read was that scum!Fate was making a move to defend scum!bessie. His subsequent posting made me think this was incorrect.

I feel like both of them are like trying to avoid antagonizing me because they know they cant NK me if I get thorny, and I'm trusting your read of laser over mine. dude's tone is so insanely consistent so I can only ready him based on his moves and I do not like his moves this game
I'm townreading you because I think your play this game has been townie. I've seen you play as scum, and am fairly confident I can tell the difference, as I alluded to in my read of you.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I gotta go now, so some quick responses
So, you are confirming I am correct in that you were not completely accurate in your role claim? I need to think about your revised claim.
Your question refers to what I have been pondering. I tried to question you on this earlier, when LaserGuy answered my question to you and attempted to justify why it wasn’t necessary for you to answer my question yourself.
Well yeah, if by "not completely accurate" you mean that I claimed what my power does and not the exact wording of my role PM. I'm pretty sure Swiss was even less accurate in his claim by this standard, so I genuinely don't understand what you're seeing here.
they spent the majority of the game talking about wether day 1 claims were good/bad for scum, and then the tussle with me, feels like they are tunneling on me

I thought swiss/laser were solving
but that on/offvote on me is so stupid like jeez
it feels like they dont want me to be lynched but want to vote on someone
Ok, you have me there, I decided to back down from you and look elsewhere, because if I don't vote I just give scum more influence over the yeet. I don't have strong reads this game, but I chose the person I found most suspicious at the time. Ironically enough I now feel like you've latched onto me and I'm damned whatever I do. If I vote you I'm scum for being determined to yeet you, if I don't I'm scum for... voting someone?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
where was all this when sabrar held out on claiming? feels like you're not following through on your proposed calculus
How so? I was scumreading bessie and Sabrar, who are, as it happens, the last two people to claim (I'm less certain about Sabrar atm). This wasn't the only thing I based my evaluations on, but it was certainly something I was thinking about as the game progressed.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
where was all this when sabrar held out on claiming? feels like you're not following through on your proposed calculus
Oh, I also talked about this in my reads list with respect to Swiss as well, btw.

I am having trouble getting away from Sabrar/Swiss/bessie as the likely scumteam. If it's not one of these, I feel like it's probably z25. Micro reads before I sign off for tonight. As usual, I will probably not be back until close to the next deadline as my weekend time is very limited.

Town

LaserGuy
Darkpit - Early claim + #202-#205 are townie.
Frozen - Meta read; scum play does not look like this.
Fate - Response to wagon on him does not come from scum
somitomi - tonally is Town and doesn't fit with any scumteam I consider plausible.

z25 - on the bubble. I don't obviously get any scum vibes from him but his play feels more... polished than I remember his Town play being.

Swiss for his odd behaviour around suggesting a mass claim but not claiming. I also feel like he's been sheeping/buddying me in a way that makes me uncomfortable.
Sabrar for his lack of initiative and very strong defense of bessie
bessie for reasons I feel I've documented well enough.

Scum

Swiss

Smash Lord
So I would have completely missed the deadline had it not extended.

Don’t understand FS wagon vanishing - strongly disagree with his tone reading townie

##unvote
##fateshirou

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Ok, you have me there, I decided to back down from you and look elsewhere, because if I don't vote I just give scum more influence over the yeet. I don't have strong reads this game, but I chose the person I found most suspicious at the time. Ironically enough I now feel like you've latched onto me and I'm damned whatever I do. If I vote you I'm scum for being determined to yeet you, if I don't I'm scum for... voting someone?
What are you talking about
who are you talking to
theres less than 24 hours left in this phrase, if you think im scum vote me out, if you dont then dont
stop staying on me, who do you think are scum, if its me who do you think are my scummates

Fate - Response to wagon on him does not come from scum

looking pretty sus there laser guy
kinda funny you putting somi and darkpit as ur town reads when they are facing some scrutiny
so you gonna vote for them or what?

So I would have completely missed the deadline had it not extended.

Don’t understand FS wagon vanishing - strongly disagree with his tone reading townie

##unvote
##fateshirou
dont tease me with a good time swiss LOL

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so LaserGuy buddying me like that is concerning, are you trying to pocket me, man?
What are you talking about
who are you talking to
theres less than 24 hours left in this phrase, if you think im scum vote me out, if you dont then dont
stop staying on me, who do you think are scum, if its me who do you think are my scummates
Oh, I misread that post and thought the remark about Swiss and Laser was still about me! Me! Me!
I was talking about how I changed my mind on voting you yesterday, because the wagon getting to L-1 so quickly made me worried (and to a lesser extent I wanted to show you that I'm not hell bent on getting you yeeted). But since I knew I wouldn't be back before EOD, I did actually want to leave a vote and picked Swiss based on a fairly weak suspicion.
At this point I'm beginning to think Laser might be scum, I'm still suspicious of Swiss and (to a lesser extent) bessie as well. And I don't do buddy analysis on D1, I don't trust my D1 reads enough to look for connections between them.

Top Bottom