• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Game Thread - Game Over!

Swiss

Smash Lord
crap, I forgot the second part of the question! I'm definitely one of the least experienced here, but I'm definitely trying my best haha. Pretty sure I'm not too bad? Or at least improving? But honestly the others might could say better than I could lol
Awkward but could be genuine

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss, have you claimed yet
and you seem to prod people and ask questions,so what has come out of those
specifically you about mass claiming, how do you feel about it

##Swiss
Yes, are you skimming? Or are you pretending to have skimmed while knowing I have already claimed?
On is true, so please answer that.

Mass claiming is fine, mechanics are overrated.

Swiss

Smash Lord
How do you, one the one hand, state you're keeping track of claims, and on the other hand, forget I claimed.

From your record you seem good as scum and useless as town, so not why would we bother keeping you around anyway. Nice, safe lynch for us to tuck into.

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
From your record you seem good as scum and useless as town, so not why would we bother keeping you around anyway. Nice, safe lynch for us to tuck into.
I try my best as town haha
Yes, are you skimming? Or are you pretending to have skimmed while knowing I have already claimed?
I will go through ur posts again if i missed anything

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
yes, and im keeping track of what claim is confirmable and what isnt
Cool, but that's not really answering the original question which was about the reason you think mafia would go for a mass claim in this game.
Could you fricking not?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
#55 " You can be Town this game. "
This I dislike strongly. Very clunky and bold wording from a cautious and analytical player. Flashbacks from our last game.
I genuinely laughed at this one. My play has been described in many ways, but I feel like cautious is definitely a new one. This is just so very wrong.

As to the Frozen read itself, yes, I frequently make strong alignment reads quite early in the game. In the first game we played together I had six of nine players with solid Town reads by page 3.

#108 spidery, in this case, is when laser is reading off. Normally i save it for late game to describe the scum leader. But he's reading the same as last agme. Where he was scum. And I was town. And I was right. And Bessie THREW THE GAME.
I'll give you a point for paranoia, but I don't actually understand what you mean here.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Ok enough from phone.
Hopefully someone will start a wagon on Somitomi
Could you explain this? Did you already and I just missed it?

From your record you seem good as scum and useless as town, so not why would we bother keeping you around anyway. Nice, safe lynch for us to tuck into
Town
Maven
FrozenFlame
DarkpitTBC,XP
FateShirou
Sabrar
bessie
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Swiss
What changed to make you shift your opinion of him so much? I agree that we shouldn't underestimate his ability as scum, but most seem to agree the he seems fairly townie for now, and it's beyond unfair to say he seems useless as town. There's plenty of time toDay alone for him to become useful, if you think he hasn't already

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Did you genuinely miss my claim
if you can repost it that will help, i wil through ur posts again and cant seem to find it, im probably blind lol
Cool, but that's not really answering the original question which was about the reason you think mafia would go for a mass claim in this game.
i thought i answered it
i could see it as scum not wanting to do that gambit, but imo it gives them something to post about, im not ruling out saber for being the first to get that ball rolling

could tell them what roles are in the game, even tho seven pointed out here isnt any of the PR here

Frozen/Swiss is on my list right now

Darkpit is the only place rn where i wouldnt vote

the rest i have to give a reread to

Swiss

Smash Lord
Could you explain this? Did you already and I just missed it?

What changed to make you shift your opinion of him so much? I agree that we shouldn't underestimate his ability as scum, but most seem to agree the he seems fairly townie for now, and it's beyond unfair to say he seems useless as town. There's plenty of time toDay alone for him to become useful, if you think he hasn't already
wHAT MAKES YOU THINK MY OPINION HAS CHANGED?

Swiss

Smash Lord
I genuinely laughed at this one. My play has been described in many ways, but I feel like cautious is definitely a new one. This is just so very wrong.

As to the Frozen read itself, yes, I frequently make strong alignment reads quite early in the game. In the first game we played together I had six of nine players with solid Town reads by page 3.

I'll give you a point for paranoia, but I don't actually understand what you mean here.
You really don’t think you’re cautious?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
wHAT MAKES YOU THINK MY OPINION HAS CHANGED?
Well, you moved from putting him in the townier half of your reads to saying he'd be a safe yeet, that felt like a fairly big change to me lol. Is it not?

What can I explain for you here?
Why you want a wagon on Somi. Unless I completely missed your explanation, you dropped that without any explanation for why that wagon would or should happen

Town
Maven
FrozenFlame
DarkpitTBC,XP
FateShirou
Sabrar
bessie
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Swiss
Also, ik you've sorta touched on it, but can you tell me again why Maven is number one? 6 posts, and the only one that's more than one line is his claim. Where's there enough content to warrant the number one spot?

Swiss

Smash Lord
aBOUT TO COMMUTE SO BRAIN RUSH BUT:

1) ffs just saw caps lock on again. 1) Pressure is presure, doesn't mean i HAVE TO BE scumreading someone

2) wanted a wagon on someone, they seemed a decent choice. why not?

3) iirc page 1 very townie, my daily catch up should say what I liked.

More focus tomorrow when I'm wfh - sorry

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
You really don’t think you’re cautious?
In some areas of my life, sure. In Mafia, no. I think the most common descriptor that gets applied to my play is probably 'confident', followed by 'overconfident', followed, probably, by 'wrong'.

Why Sabrar so low?
His content is almost entirely focused on mechanics. He isn't actively scumhunting or really doing anything of significance. Sabrar does play tight to his chest as Town sometimes (though I don't really understand why he would want to in this sort of setup), but even still his observations and questions are still usually very sharp (e.g. our last game). I don't see any of that this game. I don't like that we agree on only one read, FrozenFlame.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
^ But he does this as town no?

I agree it’s useless but isn’t he always?
No. Take another look at wam's game where he was tunneling you.

Or even in our previous game where he was playing tight on purpose, look at the type of things he's interested in:
We're all waiting for others to post, was this a response to something or why did you feel the need to mention this?
Can you give an example where other players' posts will influence your current read on Wam?
I am more interested in Gorf's explanation.

Unvote
@Eido you really don't understand where the 8/10 comes from?
Normally I would agree but I just gave Deadbanana a pass in the Chaos game for a similar issue that I did not think he would consider to fake.
But why would scum!Gorf overreact if the wagon were on a townie?
@Eido 6 people are pushing you or made comments about you that you feel negative about. At most 2 of them are scum. Don't you feel the need to reevaluate and try to scumhunt in some way other than OMGUS?
@bessie per your recollection when Vicarin became stubborn about a specific topic was that alignment-indicative?
You're not taking into account the timing. It is unlikely that we would speed-yeet anyone after 24 hours therefore scum doesn't have the urgency to hop onto your wagon. Yes, it is tempting but scum can easily show restraint. especially if they see that the townies themselves are already piling up.
And you haven't actually answered my question. If 4 townies find you sus because of a single thing then how will you differentiate them from the potential 2 scum who expressed the same view?
I disagree with the notion that you should only look for scum in that set.

This is the bulk of his content in the first 4 pages of our last game, and almost every observation he makes or question he asks is about evaluating players, trying to figure out where they're at. Even though he isn't producing reads at this point in time, his process is obvious.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
What about it? It's not scumhunting. It's not game advancing. It's helping out Darkpit but helping new(ish) players is NAI.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Right. I see it as a townlean

Though frankly I don't know why I now find myself defending Sabrar. D1 can be a dead duck so I feel I give him more leeway as I feel he sees it the same. D2 is when the game proper starts.

Maybe it's a symptom of me trying to play while very busy at work leading to me over posting and underthinking. At least the brain spew should help.

I'll reread last game tomorrow morning for my daily catch up. But I'll also be looking at you and you D1 play.

Swiss

Smash Lord
In some areas of my life, sure. In Mafia, no. I think the most common descriptor that gets applied to my play is probably 'confident', followed by 'overconfident', followed, probably, by 'wrong'.
I see you as one of the more cautious players in the thread. You Sabrar Bessie I would think.

Compare and contrast to Mr Wild West Swissy.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've played with FF, somi, Maven, and Laser.
Pretty sure I've never played with Sab or bessie? They may cancorrect me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure. Obviously haven't played with Fate

Speaking of, FateShirou FateShirou is there any way you could link us to your scum game, and one of your town games? preferably the most recent one?
crap, I forgot the second part of the question! I'm definitely one of the least experienced here, but I'm definitely trying my best haha. Pretty sure I'm not too bad? Or at least improving? But honestly the others might could say better than I could lol
awkward interaction with Swiss here, this comes off very, uh, squeamish? like don't look at me, ask everyone else please. though this could also just be a lack of confidence showing which is NAI

its weak sauce
suggesting a massclaim is NAI
what exactly is "weak sauce" about giving reads in your opinion? or are you calling the reads themselves weaksauce, not the giving of them?

I like bessie, Maven, Swiss and FrozenFlame. So my vote is 75% correct.
why swiss? also your coasting is noted

Any confirmable claim is going to fall apart eventually.
what do you mean by this?

Town:

FateShirou
Maven

Meh:

LaserGuy
bessie
Somitomi

Can go:

Darkpit
Sabrar
Swiss

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [B1-3]

LaserGuy | 2/5 | Swiss, Sabrar
Swiss | 2/5 | FrozenFlame, FateShirou
Sabrar | 1/5 | LaserGuy

Not Voting: bessie, Maven, Darkpit, somitomi

sab, sab
las, sab
sab, unv
sab, las
mav, las - invalid
swiss, las
som, shi

som, unv
fro, swi

swi, las - already voting
shi, swi

With 9 players in Limbo, it takes 5 to banish.
The deadline for Banish 1 is Friday, the 21st at 11:59 pm MT.

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm still trying to evaluate whether purposefully sanctioning a demon might be a valid play but it requires the D1 flip
D2? I can potentially see this to avoid a judgement day, or maybe get lucky and sanction a sketchy townie, but why so early?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Forgive me for being myself.

I'm still trying to evaluate whether purposefully sanctioning a demon might be a valid play but it requires the D1 flip.
Your content would maybe be more interesting if this were the sort of strategy you were discussing. Sadly, it is not.

Why is bessie a scum-read for you?
I'm just going to go with soul read for now. I will give me more detail after she's had the chance to post more and I can better gauge whether my intuition is correct.

Top Bottom