• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Game Thread - Game Over!

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Remove the laser sus
Why? I haven't posted anything since you made the comment about my post being awkward.

No night kill doesn’t mean there’s no roles that can hurt us
Yes. This is why it is better that we claim... it is much easier to neutralize any roles that have the potential for shenanigans if we know them in advance. As it happens, there are several roles already claimed that might actually have some decent utility if we plan for it in advance.

Maven89

Smash Master
ok apparently I also didn’t read that the roles were randomized and alignment didn’t matter on who got what

Once each banish phase, while in limbo, I can target one player. I will be told if anyone else has targeted that player previously

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Shirou why would a scum suggest a massclaim as a first post?
it could be busy work, scum could want to know what roles are in the game
without NKs, scum weapons are their roles, voting and knowing what the rest of us are

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Because you suggested the mass claim
But you started to suss me after I had already done this? I don't really understand the change of heart.

Ok enough from phone.
Hopefully someone will start a wagon on Somitomi
Perhaps if you gave a reason for this you might encourage people to vote.

its weak sauce
suggesting a massclaim is NAI
I rely a lot on gut/vibe at this point in the game to sort people. But if there's anything you're curious about, you're welcome to ask me for more details.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
I like how Darkpit's thinkig out loud about the game, I'm gonna call that a townlean.
No I didn’t read the voting rules, i was just hurt you thought that ☹
Um, so why would you expect Swiss (or anyone) to come to any other conclusion?
I’m pretty sure every role in this game is useless
They're not completely useless, just rather limited. There is a difference, although based on what we've seen so far I don't think we're in serious danger here.
Hopefully someone will start a wagon on Somitomi
cycle.gif

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
it could be busy work, scum could want to know what roles are in the game
without NKs, scum weapons are their roles, voting and knowing what the rest of us are
But if the demons best weapon is their role, wouldn't they want to keep that a secret? Even more so in a game where where the usual primary tool is missing from the scum arsenal?

Unrelated:
bessie bessie come home

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
But if the demons best weapon is their role, wouldn't they want to keep that a secret? Even more so in a game where where the usual primary tool is missing from the scum arsenal?

Unrelated:
bessie bessie come home
maybe its easier to start things off with a fake claim so you wont have to back it up later with breadcrumbs

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Fate's combative attitude pings Town to me. I also agree with Frozen's assessment of him in #48.

Somi's engagement level this game is remarkably different from what I've seen from him in recent games. I like what I've seen so far.

Well I was gonna suggest massclaim also but since LaserGuy is being Waggoned for it I’ll keep quiet

##Laserguy
So... why did you say you were going to suggest a mass claim, and then when the claims started rolling in, haven't yet actually claimed?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Fate's combative attitude pings Town to me. I also agree with Frozen's assessment of him in #48.

Somi's engagement level this game is remarkably different from what I've seen from him in recent games. I like what I've seen so far.

So... why did you say you were going to suggest a mass claim, and then when the claims started rolling in, haven't yet actually claimed?
And what’s up with you.

Came in with that big townie post but you’re being a little bit spidery mate

And what’s your claim

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Woof! Like usual, I don’t play during working hours (I’m in California). I have a window of a few hours around this time on weeknights, and more time on weekends for analysis.

Hi FateShirou, welcome to Dgames! Always happy to see new people!

##Sabrar

This format requires a new approach.
Right on time. 🤔

In terms of the setup, I think there is probably some value in doing a straight D1 mass claim. There is no NK, so there isn't any danger to strong PRs claiming. We may as well get everything out there and see what we have to work with.
Oh great idea! I love mass claims please please can I go first??
1621302992604.png

Just kidding. How about NOOOOOOOOOO???
Pre post edit: What’s with all the claiming???? Boo.

Well I was gonna suggest massclaim also but since LaserGuy is being Waggoned for it I’ll keep quiet
Grr.

Maven is town - he hasn’t even read the rules
This is probably NAI, I’ve learned that some people don’t read the rules, others quickly forget them anyway. Why so quick to assign town points for this?

It is quite wonderful that I accidentally engineered a self clear.
1621301802366.png

Pretty sure there aren't really any strong PRs to claim, at least according to the setup, but i doubt there would be any harm in a mass claim. Just maybe a waste of time.
Boooooo.

could someone walk me through what playing with swiss is usually like?
I’ve only played two games with Swiss, it’s the most recent two, Wam’s Chaos and New D3 if you want to read through them they're not too long. He had similar LAMIST-type openings in both (and was town in both).

Unrelated:
bessie bessie come home
If the demons somehow have a useful role why couldn't they just false claim a role?

Re your comment to me. You posted this at 1:35pm PDT. I don’t play during work hours, California (PDT) time. I stated this in my first post in the previous game (New D3). And in my first post in the game before that one (Wam’s Chaos). And I say this somewhere in almost every game I play. For ten years, almost half of them with you, have you forgotten this already?

maybe its easier to start things off with a fake claim so you wont have to back it up later with breadcrumbs
Interesting, what would stop scum from breadcrumbing a false claim? Or potential false claim(s) so they could point to it later?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I like bessie, Maven, Swiss and FrozenFlame. So my vote is 75% correct.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Oh great idea! I love mass claims please please can I go first??

Just kidding. How about NOOOOOOOOOO???
Pre post edit: What’s with all the claiming???? Boo.
While I am not surprised by this in the slightest, I am actually curious in the context of this particular setup why you still feel this way.

If the demons somehow have a useful role why couldn't they just false claim a role?
In theory, they could. In practice, this does not look like it would be a particularly productive exercise. Of the seven players who have claimed, six have claimed roles that are publicly confirmable, in thread, within the same phase (everyone except Somi and possibly Swiss depending on how late in the day he can use his power). So if there are any role-related shenanigans, the number of players who could actually cause any problems is pretty small at this point.

I like bessie, Maven, Swiss and FrozenFlame. So my vote is 75% correct.
Can you give me a little more detail about what you like about Maven and Swiss?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
For Maven it's the naked vote on you without feeling the need to elaborate. Also to a lesser extent his questioning of Swiss' interpretation of it.
Swiss is tonally the same as in the previous 2 games I have played with him. Granted, I haven't seen him play scum but for now it's enough.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Totally off: Every day without a fail the forum is extremely laggy around 6am UTC. Is there a regular maintenance break of some sort going on?

Swiss

Smash Lord
#5 Laser like but maye just big brain tbc

#6 Sabrar is this rvs or serious

#12 Liked but turns out null

#21 Darkpit54 Darkpit54 who do you know here, how good are you at mafia

#23 Somi dislike didnt do much

#24 FS like

#27 laser nai

#31 fs first to claim +ve

#40 ff why does somi feel off. like ff

#51 I shoot from the hip, I play fast and free, like a Hawk

#53 Even mortal men make mistakes...It's like I knew!

#54 yes it is. More on this please

#55 " You can be Town this game. "
This I dislike strongly. Very clunky and bold wording from a cautious and analytical player. Flashbacks from our last game.

#57 mindmeld

#65 like darkpit. NULL until experience shown

#67 ff still no idea what that analogy was
+ve for not explaining it though

#68 nvm you did, null. lmao

#70 like ff

#74 like maven again. Shoudl have said I did earlier

#78 swiss you skimmed and missed a post.

#96 ok content starts here bois and boiellas
null

#97 eh on somi.
Query: who said they liked somi

#100 oh its laser. convenient. I can see how, but its a null

#105 swiss stop skimming

#107 Bessie re: maven. would maven as scum who's a new player not bother to read the rules?

#108 spidery, in this case, is when laser is reading off. Normally i save it for late game to describe the scum leader. But he's reading the same as last agme. Where he was scum. And I was town. And I was right. And Bessie THREW THE GAME.

Town
Maven
FrozenFlame
DarkpitTBC,XP
FateShirou
Sabrar
bessie
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Swiss

No colours yet

FateShirou FateShirou Just to be crystal clear, it's against the spirit of the game to misrepresent your mafia experience. That's the entirety of your experience?

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
But it also makes life harder in the long run, since scum now has to be consistent with that fake claim for the rest of the game. Any confirmable claim is going to fall apart eventually.
Why don't you consider the possibility of scum fake-claiming?
I wanna say that I did, but that still has the abovementioned setback, but really I'm just kinda dumb.
Re your comment to me. You posted this at 1:35pm PDT. I don’t play during work hours, California (PDT) time. I stated this in my first post in the previous game (New D3). And in my first post in the game before that one (Wam’s Chaos). And I say this somewhere in almost every game I play. For ten years, almost half of them with you, have you forgotten this already?
I know all that, but the impatient puppy in me couldn't wait and had to say "hi bessie". Sorry for being excited I guess...

can you point to an example that illustrates your point here?
#36, #39 or #44 spring to mind as the posts that made me say that. Darkpit started thinking about how the claimed powers could be useful, which (to me) indicates town perspective.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
21 Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Darkpit54 who do you know here, how good are you at mafia
I've played with FF, somi, Maven, and Laser.
Pretty sure I've never played with Sab or bessie? They may cancorrect me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure. Obviously haven't played with Fate

Speaking of, FateShirou FateShirou is there any way you could link us to your scum game, and one of your town games? preferably the most recent one?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
crap, I forgot the second part of the question! I'm definitely one of the least experienced here, but I'm definitely trying my best haha. Pretty sure I'm not too bad? Or at least improving? But honestly the others might could say better than I could lol

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
FateShirou FateShirou is there any way you could link us to your scum game, and one of your town games? preferably the most recent one?
Won as scum

won as town
FateShirou FateShirou Just to be crystal clear, it's against the spirit of the game to misrepresent your mafia experience. That's the entirety of your experience?
yes i played
1 game as scum, which i won
and 4 as town, lost 3 of them
i am being honest about my experiences
But it also makes life harder in the long run, since scum now has to be consistent with that fake claim for the rest of the game. Any confirmable claim is going to fall apart eventually.
yes, and im keeping track of what claim is confirmable and what isnt

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Swiss, have you claimed yet
and you seem to prod people and ask questions,so what has come out of those
specifically you about mass claiming, how do you feel about it

##Swiss

Top Bottom