• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Game Thread - Game Over!

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
i just think it should be stated at some point while you're still in limbo so there's no time wasted trying to decipher what the cookie might mean, yk?
if i give someone a cookie, i want them to be noticed aka i am feeling sus about them

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
loving how we're rehashing the "lol are we all red herring PRs" discussion from completely vanilla mafia but with the added bonus of the mod already giving us the answer
to be fair, they do seem like they might be more powerful than initially anticipated. seems like they could be helpful at least once, although the need to be sanctioned for a lot of them is pretty limiting

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
if i give someone a cookie, i want them to be noticed aka i am feeling sus about them
This would be a good play except for this:

the player who i give the cookie to can accept or deny it
They would just deny the cookie, no one is going to be like "hey guys, that sanctioned spirit thinks I'm sus" lol. Would definitely be way more helpful if they couldn't deny it but it iz what it iz

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
to be fair, they do seem like they might be more powerful than initially anticipated. seems like they could be helpful at least once, although the need to be sanctioned for a lot of them is pretty limiting
yeah I think this is what xivii was getting at with the "low impact" verbiage as opposed to "no impact" or similar tokenizing language

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can you explain what you find suspect about this post?
I didn't say it was suspect, I said I was tunneling it

its uncharacteristic of what I've seen historically from sabrar, and I think that's the joke he's making in the post making reference to how a new game format is an excuse for him to act out of meta

why he felt the need to draw overt attention to it is what I'm spinning my mental wheels over

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
ironically reminds me of xiv's "haha I'm so town" that I tunneled so hard on from totally vanilla, in which he was, so... maybe I'm totally off again. but someone please tell me they got the same vibes

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I didn't say it was suspect, I said I was tunneling it

its uncharacteristic of what I've seen historically from sabrar, and I think that's the joke he's making in the post making reference to how a new game format is an excuse for him to act out of meta

why he felt the need to draw overt attention to it is what I'm spinning my mental wheels over
Ah okay, sorry, I usually think of tunneling to more refer to an alignment read, whereas you just mean you're thinking a lot about it.

Liking your content so far. You can be Town this game.

ironically reminds me of xiv's "haha I'm so town" that I tunneled so hard on from totally vanilla, in which he was, so... maybe I'm totally off again. but someone please tell me they got the same vibes
Your assessment here is basically correct. I think it's NAI for Swiss, but I haven't played with him as scum so I'm just going by personality.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [B1-2]

LaserGuy | 2/5 | Swiss, Sabrar
Sabrar | 1/5 | LaserGuy
Swiss | 1/5 | FrozenFlame

Not Voting: bessie, Maven, Darkpit, FateShirou, somitomi

sab, sab
las, sab
sab, unv
sab, las
mav, las - invalid
swiss, las
som, shi

som, unv
fro, swi

With 9 players in Limbo, it takes 5 to banish.
The deadline for Banish 1 is Friday, the 21st at 11:59 pm MT.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
swiss going aggro at another slot for something and then ironically getting caught with his pants down doing the same thing is pretty par for the course I'd say lmao
Your assessment here is basically correct. I think it's NAI for Swiss, but I haven't played with him as scum so I'm just going by personality.
okay thanks, I'll try to withhold judgement for now then

You guys really don’t like my quips eh

Darkpit talk to me a little more about what you don’t like. Why is hypocrisy bad?
I was really entertained, there's just something that feels manufactured about it. I tend to read a lot by gut feelings, especially early on, and it's difficult for me to distinguish between scum trying to come off as town, and a townie doing... whatever that is. it seemed really convenient to offhandedly mention that someone must be town for not having read the rules, and almost immediately after go "oops i didn't either! that's so silly and townie of me!", like an easy way to seem townie without actually doing anything. I feel like I've spent too long focusing on this and still haven't really explained it, but i may reevaluate and try again.

I think I try to focus on people's motivations, and I struggle to find why town would need to paint themselves as being more townie, while scum would have an obvious reason. but I've been very wrong before, so I'm trying to withhold judgement for now

speaking of motivations, could you explain your reasoning for the vig fakeclaim? you seemed to know at that point there was no nk to draw

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Almost as awkward as trying to play mafia from my phone
also nvm that last post, you're now incredibly relatable and trustworthy. this is how i play every game :urg:

When we sanction someone can they type in this thread?

No right?
No, unless there's some ability that allows it ig. per the rules they only have their own chat

Swiss

Smash Lord
okay thanks, I'll try to withhold judgement for now then

I was really entertained, there's just something that feels manufactured about it. I tend to read a lot by gut feelings, especially early on, and it's difficult for me to distinguish between scum trying to come off as town, and a townie doing... whatever that is. it seemed really convenient to offhandedly mention that someone must be town for not having read the rules, and almost immediately after go "oops i didn't either! that's so silly and townie of me!", like an easy way to seem townie without actually doing anything. I feel like I've spent too long focusing on this and still haven't really explained it, but i may reevaluate and try again.

I think I try to focus on people's motivations, and I struggle to find why town would need to paint themselves as being more townie, while scum would have an obvious reason. but I've been very wrong before, so I'm trying to withhold judgement for now

speaking of motivations, could you explain your reasoning for the vig fakeclaim? you seemed to know at that point there was no nk to draw
No that’s fine.

I claim vig every game - this game has just made it moot

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I think I try to focus on people's motivations, and I struggle to find why town would need to paint themselves as being more townie, while scum would have an obvious reason.
Cementing myself as town is like 30% of the job of being town. I get that you think talking about it is scummy, but seeing as the only other option is to die, and it's not interfering with my scumhunting, you can deal with it.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
No night kill doesn’t mean there’s no roles that can hurt us
can you elaborate on this? considering roles were picked separate from alignment, they all seem relatively harmless, right?

Top Bottom