• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Oh Circus: Sorry I don't really remember why i picked you, but in talking with Tom i didn't really use my role to its max potential :(

<333333333 Circus

Chaco

Never Logs In
Seriously, what's up with that?

If I ever actually get a mafia role in one of these games, it'll be interesting to experience what Kiki just mentioned. Being able to hold all the cards, so to speak. A lot of times, when I'm posting some kind of theory about a player, I wonder to myself if the mafia's just laughing their ***** off since they kind of know what's up.

If I could just be an unlynchable, bulletproof SK in the next game, that would be rad.
Circus for Bomb Lover.

Also, yes KiKi was trying to get Xsyven lynched without Iggy being here. And it was funny as hell. But yeah 36 hours on AIM waiting for Iggy, was pretty fun stuff. Lol.

Handorin

Smash Hero
My role was pretty hard. Xsy pretty much ruined my plans when he got a bunch of votes, then didn't die.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You guys should be grateful I let you win with me though. ;)

Flavor says it all.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
*waits for Marshy rant*
i had a bigger post stewing but i just condensed it

yeah with nick waiting so long to claim (especially seeing a claimed governor target himself and chaco visiting tom n1), kevin modquoting as one of town's best roles, rockin doing nothing d1, his atrocious daykill, then hinting at 2 people silencing him so iggy could do it d3, macman's "HEY GUYS I ROLEBLOCK", and smashman not knowing how to claim as the god****ed cop i've gotta say this is the worst town i have ever seen even which is terrible considering i was in newbie 1

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I like how Xsyven's lynch was the only lynch town was able to pull off. The entire game.
Would it even be accurate to say that? Not one single townie even had any part in that lynch. I would contend that the town didn't actually lynch a single player. We kind of just watched ourselves implode.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Do you Tom? DO YOU!? lol, let me not bring up another inside joke (just so you won't scream at me this time, It's the one in Batman LOL)

anyway, time to explain my fukup

On Day 1, I didn't have much to really say. It was because that either people already said it, which would mean I would've been like 'Yeah, I agree' (which really doesn't hold much weight IMO in a discussion), or it was somethig I couldn't just plain add to the discussion. So yeah, I was kinda silent and was just reading along. Yeah, I was answering question only because I was being a nice guy. That was all. Then, Mexican and Nic was getting at me. I was getting at Nic during that fake day kill, cause it scared me. Then I got irritated and mad at him for doing such a stupid thing, so I voted on him for a small while. It wasn't a real vote, as I've mentioned several times. Just me saying to 'stop doing that!'. Mexican had a good reason to look at me suspiciously, but at the time I didn't like it.

At the near end of D1, I was making a lot of post as if D1 was continuing. The reason of this was because at the time, I didn't pay too much attention to the deadline. Usually, the deadline is at midnight, so I assumed we had a bit of time, but it said AFTERNOON. I was also showing my disapproval to a No lynch on D1 ESPECIALLY since there was a lot of talk of it in D1.but alas... *shrugs*

THEN, that N1, I got silenced by him (Yes, I know it was him. I spoke to EE after I died, which will be covered by it). I was looking at D1 of who would target me and saw it was the possibility of him. I question 'why would Mafia target me with silence of all people? Isn't Tom, Kirby King, etc. a better pick?' I then came up to the conclusion that Mafia was trying to frame me. I felt, why else? Especially I was techinically 'inactive on D1'

This let me be more determined to Day Kill Mexican, but not yet. I wanted to see how D2 would go as well as seeing Mexican post before I really use it so I would have no regrets. When he got replaced, I got frustrated, cause this meant if I was right, I would be taking out someone who is just coming as a replacement...and the replacement itself was a new person. I would feel like a jerk for making the guy read that much for several hours only to be burned several seconds later. This led me to be more patient.

While being silent and letting town talk, I began to look at D1 more closesly, and notice something weird. It was Kirby King. I was reading all of his posts carefully, and as I read, I was getting Mafia vibes from him. Kirby King was trying to be a leader of sorts. Trying to be helpful. Trying to be like 'hey, I'm the good guy!' and such. When comparing it to Tom's posts, I just...didn't see it. They were bumping heads at one point and Tom was being much more Townish then Kirby was. I added him right on the list.

Then when I saw Kirby King, Marshy, and I think a few others calling me out by voting me....as well as seeing the replacement going for a 'Rockin and Iggy lynch', I felt it had to be done. So I made a huge post that would be a bit general. I wanted to leave a bit of something that sounded general but at the same time was pointing out a few people so that way I could be in a line between a lynch not on me and a NK . I had to simulator in my head of what would be the possible outcome of me

If I made that huge post and didn't shoot

Town would've thought I was lying about my restriction and may have led a lynch to me, thus not able to use my powers at all.

If I made that huge post and DID shoot

If I've hit the sinister people, then they would've been a bit pissy. If I hit a mole, they would've ben 'yay!' Regardless, I would've been left alone for a lynch so I would be questioned. However, the NK would be a different challenge all together.

So yeah, I'm sorry if it seemed like I assisted the 'moles' >>. Btw, it was actually 1 person in my PM. I just felt it was two cause I don't know any spider man person who could claw, bite, and poison me like that all in one go.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I like how Xsyven's lynch was the only lynch town was able to pull off. The entire game.
I can't tell if you are commenting on the Town's play or the setup itself.

I'm still going to wait until EE posts all the role PMs until I make comments because I don't want to bring up necessary faults that might just be simple misunderstandings. EE you are required to do that... I know you didn't do it in Nowhere Manfia because you swear you are going to run it again.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I don't know any more about the setup than what's in this thread. (And yeah I know no town-aligned people helped lynch Xsyven, I just use "town" to refer to both town-aligned players and all players interchangeably.)

Handorin

Smash Hero
I've heard that all the indies were BP in some way and the vig only had one shot.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Wow. Why didn't you just do that and claim vig when the time came? Especially since shooting N1 is unviglike.
thats what i said except i wouldn't claim vig because SKs *always* try and claim vig.

normally I personally do not get lynched. so I would have gone BP every night and tried as hard as i could to scumhunt correctly and lynch a mafia, which would have made me look inno, while the mafia couldnt nk me. and then when i thought it was almost lylo i would have SURPRISE killed the scummiest person in the group to try to throw off the mafia and get myself closer to an independent win. if I could manufacture anything close to a 2-2-1 t-m-i relationship, i could just ally myself with town to lynch a mafia and it is victory because if mafia shoot me im BP and if they shoot a townie then its 1-1-1 and i already allied with town earlier so they would think i have the better chance of being truly town or something.

"Spider-Manfia: CARNAGE Wins!" would probably be the sexiest thread title to sit around in the forum.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
When I was creating Carnage I was thinking "Oh dear God I hope Tom gets this role".

Turns out my desires were not unfounded.... just unfulfilled :<

Anyways, I'm well aware I have to post the stuff buttface >: ( You think I'mma go to the work of all that flavor and never show it off other than the two combatants? I've just the same stuff gettin' in mah way lately. I'll get around to it.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Anyways, I'm well aware I have to post the stuff buttface >: ( You think I'mma go to the work of all that flavor and never show it off other than the two combatants? I've just the same stuff gettin' in mah way lately. I'll get around to it.
You didn't just write it in a word processor? How hard is it to copy paste? Jeeze, EE.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah i dont know why i didnt do that. That was around the time i pulled the lover stunt with Rockin in TLI mafia too. I had like a weeklong lapse of judgement.

DONT WORRY THOUGH. I'll be back :)

This also 2/2 EE games in which I've been the SK

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Here's hoping you get a hat trick when I next host... like, a year from now.

And Xsy, I want it to be all organized and purty.

And to jungle, nothing beats poor Crimson King. He was mafia in a BRoom game (Assassins in the Palace) and in Nowhere Mafia. A few of us were onto him and got him lynched D3 of Assassins. Literally within 24 hours, he found out he got NK'd in Nowhere.

Poor guy.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
(Finally got to a computer, yay!)

I think that no-lynching for D1 AND D2 was a giant mistake. Yeah, I took a little long on the last day to claim, but that's because I wanted to see Chaco claim first... when he claimed hider, I knew I had him. I had both Kirby King and Chaco pinned as mafia... but we didn't have the townies to lynch them... :(

BTW, Evil Eye... your death PM was awesome. Most entertaining thing I'd read the whole game.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
we may not have no choice. >>

I'll start off first. I was a one shot vig. I could do it at night time or day time as long as I put 'burn' in bold and to pick out someone. I really didn't want to use it on D2, but I was pressured and just...let it fly right after wario man's post.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
no, we dont have to. Evil Eye said that he is going to. We shouldn't have to ****in post our own **** role PMs in every game.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hey guys

I posted all my notes, night actions, roles, etc 7min after the TLI ended. =D

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Okay, I really wanted to have a super free day where I could post everything everything at once including my thoughts and so forth, but the vice on my balls is just not relenting. So I'm gonna post the role PMs now, night actions hopefully tonight (soon, at any rate), then thoughts some other time.

General setup comments: I wanted to make a challenging game. I think this game was very winnable for any one player in the game, and I'm pleased for the most part with my decisions. There are a few things I considered that I wish I tinkered into the game before launching, but c'est la vie.

CHAMELEON (Cowardly Tracker) - KevinM

You are the Chamelion. You have the power, through your special illusion belt, malleable facial features, and acting talent, to shapeshift into any other visage of your choosing. As a result, you can imitate someone and go to their room by passing the retinal scan. This allows you to see whether they are in their room, and commence tracking the trail of your prey. You will quickly catch up to them and see whomever they target. You may not select yourself for your night action.

You also have the option of changing into a random pedestrian's visage and going for a stroll around the block. You will disappear into the crowd and be immune to all night-kills and night-tracks.

The action to give would be Impersonate and Track: Player to sneak into a player's room and track them, or Disappear into a Crowd to do so and hide away for the night.

You are loyal to the Sinister Seventeen, and you win when all threats to the SS are dead.
Chameleon's tracking ability would fail against the Sandman's godfatherness, but otherwise he could track anyone as he saw fit. His disappearance trick would defeat nightkill attempts by Carnage the SK or the mafia presently making kills. It would also defeat Rhino's millerish night-ram and Green Goblin's roleblocking pumpkin bombs.

I feel like Kevin had good suspicions and such and was one of the stronger townies. I really, really wish he'd have read the topic more closely. I didn't want to modkill him, and was actually just getting him to edit things out. But then people apparently started seeing it, and Macman even posted to point this out (BAD Macman! BAD!), so I really wasn't left with any alternative. It's a shame, as I doubt Kevin would have been NK'd if he argued out of the lynch, and could have had a crucial track.

CROWN (Bomb) - Tom

You are Crown. Bonded with a suit of unusual dark matter technology, you possess great strength, speed, and the ability to manipulate your own matter. Unfortunately, you are dying, and your powers are unstable. If someone were to kill you, it is likely the suit's power would implode, having no living organism to sustain it, and cause a terrible explosion of dark mattery goodness. As such, anyone who nightkills you will die.

You are loyal to the Sinister Seventeen, and you win when all threats to the SS are dead.
Pretty simple role. Tom nailed it and probably goes down as town's MVP. He made himself look dangerous, as he often does, and mafia bit the hook while the vig did not. Tom is awesome, nothing new here.

THE RHINO (Bulletproof Unlynchable Jester) - Eor

You are The Rhino. As a bodybuilder, nothing could have sounded better than a thick hide that would enhance your already great strength. Little did you know, you would be selling short your sense of touch. You can't feel anything, anymore. Dammit, if only someone was worthy of fighting you, could make you feel something. Your raw hide makes you able to withstand one nightkill and one lynch. Your goal is... to get lynched twice. That second lynch, that one will do it for you. What a fun and difficult role! You may visit someone at night for fun, but it will have no effect. If you visit someone, you will simple ram them in the back when they aren't looking. You may not select yourself for your night action.

The command to give is Ram: Player Name.

You are independent, and win only if you managed to get lynched a second time
The objective of this role was to make a jester that actually requires some skill. Unfortunately, Xsyven managed to benefit from Favorite Suspect Syndrome, and Eor's long stretch of inactivity didn't really help anything. At the start of it I thought Eor played a pretty sly game. Xsy kind of lucked out, I think, as if you're a jester in a game that is getting quite close to the end with only one mafia down, you need to think about prolonging the game. This, I think, is the best anyone could do for a balanced jester (especially since he had inherent competition), and it still didn't work all that well. Don't expect to see another from me anytime soon.

Also, the BP was a oneshot vest. A doubleshot would kill Rhino.

CARNAGE (Serial Killer) - junglefever

You are Carnage. That symbiote and its powers, ah, they were the best thing that ever happened to you. They increased your ability to kill kill kill kill kill. What fun! Joining the Sinister Seventeen would put you well on your way to a whole lot of killing... right?

Wait, what's all this about... meetings? Talks? What is this! Stop talking, let's kill!!! Bah, screw these guys! If they won't start killing with you, you'll have to start killing THEM. Every night you have to kill a guy. No abstaining! (Well, okay, some abastaining. Overnight you can choose, if you wish, to harden your symbiote into a protective shell, rather than kill)

The command to give is Kill: Player Name to murderize someone, and Harden Symbiote Shell to protect yourself overnight instead.

You are independent and win if you kill everybody. What fun!
Exactly what it says. SKs very often lose, and I started thinking about a neat way to balance an SK in a large pool of names. The ability to make oneself BP (at the expense of your nightkill) was, I think, a novel idea. Not only does it encourage the SK to minimize their impact on town numbers, but it encourages them to play smart, as well, and encourages town to to catch them through hunting. Or so I thought! Nice work, Jerkus. And kudos to jungle for making the coolest thing that could possibly happen in this game... happen. Venom vs Carnage. Sexy.

But yeah, jungle, you could have done better.

VENOM (Paranoid Gun Owner) - Nothing Rhymes With Circus

You are Venom. For some time now, you've fought between ridding yourself of the symbiote and giving in to the impulses it brings out in you. You've joined the Sinister Seventeen almost reluctantly, hoping that a few quick crimes and added wealth may increase your ability to make and carry out a final decision regarding the symbiote. However, due to this internal struggle, your symbiote has become somewhat unstable. Depending on the height of your emotions, you may kill someone if night targeted.

Luckily, you still have somewhat of a handle on yourself. You can control your emotions each night -- if you choose to be tense, you will kill anyone that night targets you. If you choose to be relaxed, you will be vulnerable to night moves, but not reflexively in kill mode.

The command to give would be to Activate Symbiote Sensitivity if you want to kill whomever visits you and Deactivate Symbiote Sensitivity if you wanted to leave whomever visits you be.

Venom is, well, exactly what it says here. He'd kill (almost) anyone that visited him during the night. This was beneficial on N1 and detrimental on N3. Alas, that's how it goes. The one characters that would escape Venom's wrath were Black Cat, who, flavorwise, investigates a room before the target gets there. Green Goblin could also escape this wrath since his night action's intrinsic function was roleblocking. Lastly, the Burglar could recruit Venom, as his masoning ability takes precedent. In hindsight, I think I should have made further exceptions, for example Arcade, who merely watches from another room. However, that never came up, so it doesn't matter much.

Circus, obviously, did quite well at the start. He managed to attract antitown attention, instead of townie attention, and that's the tightrope a PGO has to walk. He was also all over Sharpie. Alas, he had Iggy in his jaws on D3, but Kiki managed to rescue his comrade, and Circus relented. Then N3... oof. Basically got punished for seeming valuable. Still, let nothing take away a solid D1-2 from Circus.

DR. OCTOPUS (Doctor) - Marshy

You are Dr. Octopus.... and who cares if those metal arms made you go a little bonkers? They're totally awesome. Anyway, you joined the Sinister Seventeen in the hopes of wealth and riches to continue your many experiments that you could probably fund in a more legal manner. But legal is boring. You're also a doctor... regular doctors aren't much use in a deadly game like this, and luckily you have titanium tentacles to counter that. You can choose to abstain from night actions.

Each night you may select one player to protect.

The command to give would be Protect: Player Name.

Poor Marshy. He pretty much had it figured out, but didn't want to speak up too soon for fear of being NK'd. Instead he hoped for Circus to lead when they were seeing eye to eye so Marshy could help ease in the lynches without making himself a target. Ultimately Marshy threw his hands up in the air and protected Circus because he felt Circus was the smartest townie left.

SHADRAC (Vigilante) - Rockin

You are Shadrac. Mystical flames, from a cultist ceremony, are slowly killing you from the inside. You joined the Sinister Seventeen in the hopes that an increase of wealth and power may lend new insight into a way to save yourself. These flames leave you with a great power... the power to burn alive anyone, at any moment, night or day. However, you have not much life left. You can use the flames one more time to do your bidding, and only once more.

Each day, or night, at any point, you may kill choose to kill one player. After one kill, your control over your fires is spent, as you are too weak, and you are forced to become a normal SS member.

The command to give would be Burn: Player Name. If daykilling you must post this in the thread.

Rockin, I don't know what to tell you. You basically whacked somebody for finding your behavior suspicious. I don't think anyone else saw Mex as you did. It seems like you had two suspects (Mex and Kiki) and decided to hit the one that had attacked you. This is an unfortunate bind. You have to discern between a townie striking back at you and mafia trying to plant seeds. And yes, as you admitted, I made it as clear as I possibly could that there was only one attacker, and it's unfortunate that you filled in a blank that wasn't there. I wonder if Iggy would have claimed silenced at all if that door hadn't been opened for him.

As for Shadrac's powers, he's not quite as oneshot as you might think. If Shadrac hit Rhino N1, for example, he would retain his kill ability but Rhino would lose his BP defence. Furthermore, a daykill would surpass any bulletproofness. Essentially, Shaddyshack was guaranteed one successful burnathon.

KINGPIN (Bulletproof Risky Politician) - Handorin

You are the Kingpin. You joined the Sinister Seventeen as something of a ruse; although you're always game to commit some crimes to get money, you actually joined because there has been dissention in the eyes among your many men. And your men are, of course, the foundations of your power. Their loyalty is what makes you the Kingpin, and not some other joker with big muscles. As such, you are in the Sinister Seventeen to prove that you've "still got it". As such, as the Risky Politician, it is your job to gather as many votes as you can without getting lynched. You cannot, however, survive any lynches. With that said, you can survive two nightkills, thanks to your strength.

You are independent, and you win if you gathered the most votes at the end tally of the game. You only need the most votes of the surviving players. You must survive to win.
I thought Hando did an incredible job. He dug himself two very deep trenches and managed to claw his way out of them, then remain suspicious (but not on the block) for the rest of the game. I also thought his direct competition with Xsyven was an interesting dynamic. This was what I called the Very Hard Mode role (until mafia joined, at least), and I think Hando played it to the fullest. Kudos on the win.

ARCADE (Watcher) - Nicholas1024

You are Arcade. You know a thing or two about deathtraps, that's for sure. In fact, you joined the Sinister Seventeen citing that as your expertise. But in your typical fashion, you have covertly installed cameras around the base to keep you informed as to people's locations. As such, you have the power of the Watcher, and you may choose one person to watch all night. You will see if someone targets them, and who did so, if that is the case. You can choose to abstain from night actions.

The command to give would be Watch: Player Name.

Arcade was a very important role because his watching abilities could defeat both the mafia bus driver and the mafia godfather.

I think Nic did well at first, but was disappointed in how little he made of his leads on Chaco-Sharpie and Kiki, which I thought were quite significant. Discussionwise it felt like he wasn't doing as much later on as in the beginning.

Fun Fact: He got post #1024 in this game. That amused me quite a bit.

BLACK CAT (Cop) - Mediocre

You are Black Cat. All you life, you've had a craving for adventure, and at last you have a real opportunity to utilize your super agility with the Sinister Seventeen. Granted, you're one of the more morally ambiguous types, but the SS plans outrageous heists, and that's really all you needed to know. You are also a cop. Your unbeatable sneakiness allows you to sneak into someone's room early at night before they get a chance to sleep, to snoop through their room and determine their allignment or opinion of the Sinister Seventeen, if all goes well. Your investigations will be returned as "loyal" or "unloyal", meaning that they are either on the side of the Sinister Seventeen, or their loyalities lie elsewhere. You can choose to abstain on night actions.

The command to give would be Investigate: Player Name.

Black Cat's investigations word turn up as either loyal or disloyal. The three indies would show up as loyal, but there would be vastly more specific flavor about the investigative findings as a clue that something was up. Some would be abstract puzzles (beriberi is not a disease held by any spidey villains I know of, however, one of its primary symptoms is the loss of feeling/nervous system deterioration, something The Rhino suffered vastly on a psychological level from), and some would be incredibly clear (polymers!) Ordinary loyal or disloyal investigations would have incredibly generic flavor.

As aforementioned, Cat was the one of the few town roles that could target Venom and live to tell the tale.

Medi was playing a smart game. He planned to breadcrumb guilty investigations by making a bold FoS on them, so people would notice that if he died. I like it. In disappearing, he missed his N1 investigation. Ironically, it would have been Eor, who was framed that night.

Smashman did well, but I really wish he had more teeth in putting his case against Kiki. Kiki's entire counter-case against smashman was based on smashman claiming thief, and smashman could have knocked that away like a sledgehammer with a full reveal and snuck in the Kiki lynch. This mafia would have been nothing without Kiki, no one can deny that! Would have really shaken up the game.

GREEN GOBLIN (Roleblocker) - Macman

You are the Green Goblin. As a criminal mastermind and general eccentric, you love to throw a wrench in things, and you love committing crime. You were one of the founding fathers of the Sinister Seventeen, and you're greatly bothered by the presence of outsiders. Because of the delicate nature of the situation, you've created pumpkin bombs that have a huge concussive force and no shrapnel -- non-lethal. This is a night ability.

Each night you may choose someone to throw one of your new pumpkin bombs at. The huge concussive force will knock them out and take them out of commission for the entire night. You may abstain from night actions.

The command to give would be Pumpkin Bomb: Player Name

Green Goblin had the one role that could defeat the bus driver. It's a real shame he never targeted Sharpie or Chaco, because mafia based a lot of their strategy around bus driver deception. What was super fun was on N3 when Macman was the kill target, so they bussed Macman and someone else. Macman's roleblock target was the same person, so he ended up roleblocking himself. It was quite amusing.

It's a shame Macman didn't speak up more, since he was so suspicious of Kirby King for so long. I also don't know why he nameclaimed for no reason, which essentially forced him to accidentally roleclaim for no reason. At any rate, his suspicions were apparently good ones, he just needed to act on them more instead of falling into Favorite Suspect Syndrome and targeting xsyven twice in a row (and we're all guilty of that one from time to time).

THE BURGLAR (Mason) - mentosman8

You can't believe you're in! They let you in! This is the big leagues for a small-time crook like yourself, committing low-tech heists and robberies. However, murdering someone close to Spider-Man and causing him irreparable psychological damage has earned you some notoriety in the world of the criminals. However, getting into the Sinister Seventeen... that was not enough. No, you have taken it upon yourself to end this crisis. Now is your time to shine. Each night, you may choose one person to recruit into your Masonry. After you recruit someone, you gain the ability to speak to your fellow mason, but only during the next Night phase, and Night phases following. Masons will retain their powers, if they have any, and know that they have been recruited going into the Day.

Once you have more people in your masonry, you must all vote and reach a majority decision on whom to recruit. If a majority is not reached, you, as the mason leader, make the deciding vote. You also determine which mason makes the recruiting visit. Note that some roles, if visited for recruitment purposes, will result in the death of the attempted recruiter. You may recruit three more masons from the start of the game, bringing the Masonry's population to three masons and yourself as leader.

The command to give would be Recruit: Player Name

What an important role he would have been! Because masons would keep their powers even in being masoned, The Burglar was town's best weapon. Any townie would be recruited as normally. The Rhino would be converted into a townie, but retain his various abilities. Kingpin would be recruited into the masonry, but remain independent, with the same objective and able to join with any side he wished. Lastly, Mysterio could be masoned, and would retain his mafia allignment. Spooky!

Carnage, The Spot, the Sandman and Bullseye would all kill the Burglar if targeted.

Obviously, mentos didn't get a chance to do anything. I think he'd have been one of the strongest players, and would have really led a good masonry. I'm guessing he targeted jungle because he suspected jungle would be an unlikely kill target. ...how right he was...

THE LIZARD (Mad Scientist) - MexicanBJ

You are The Lizard. As Dr. Curt Connors, you became horribly transformed into some kind of creature after an experiment to regrow your lost limb went terribly wrong. By day, you are Connors, and you have joined the Sinister Seventeen in the hopes of curing yourself before exposing the rest of them. For that to happen, of course, these moles must be apprehended. By night, you become the Lizard. As the Lizard, you may attack and infect someone with a special poison. This poison makes the person unable to post more than once the next day before passing out. You may abstain from using this night ability.

The command to give would be Poison: Player Name

You are alligned with the Sinister Seventeen, and as such you win when all threats to the SS are dead.
Exactly what it says, no ifs ands or buts. His mad scientist pseudo-silencing would work on absolutely anyone -- except Venom, who would kill him on sight. I'm not really sure why Mexican chose to use this ability on N1, but I wouldn't call it a bad play on his part, since he was one of the people objecting to Rockin's decision to answer pointed questions meant for other people. Wario-man, well, he just didn't get to do anything. Heh.

MYSTERIO (Mole Framer/Lawyer) - Kirby King

You are Mysterio. All your life, you have had a gift for the art of hypnosis, and persuasion. It has progressed to the level that you can hypnotize people to the point that even their senses and mind will lie to them.

You can create an illusion on one of your comrades that causes them to appear innocent to investigative actions that might determine their allignment. You can also create an illusion on anyone other than your comrades that causes them to appear guilty to investigative actions that might determine their allignment. Thanks to the emergency lockdown procedures, however, your holograms and other tricky devices are low on juice with no way to recharge. You can as such do two lawyer moves and two frames. You can choose to abstain from night actions. You may select yourself in your night action.

The command to give would be Create Guilty Illusion: Player Name to frame someone and Create Innocent Illusion: Player Name to lawyer someone.

You are alligned with the Moles, and you win if all non-Mole players are dead, or it is mathematically impossible for them to win the game.
Ah, the lawyer/framer. A role with great potential, but so difficult to use. Although Kiki's picks were never targeted by a doctor (except his "almost" on N1), I think he made good picks. Not really much else to say.

I think Kiki was probably the MVP of this game. He really held his mafia together when at times he was the only player that wasn't coasting, and if one of them was in the jaws of the town, it was Kiki that managed to wrench them free with his argumentative skills. In fact, he talked Sharpie out of killing Circus on N2, and I think you can imagine what a hit that would have been to mafia. Kudos, Mysterio, you really were a master of illusion.

THE SPOT (Mole Bus Driver) - Sharpevil

You are Spot. An experiment in fourth-dimensional access turned you into some kind of polka-dotted freak with the ability to create portals leading to the fourth dimension. This makes you one hell of a trickster in combat, and a severe nuisance to an opponent that you catch unawares. As such, you can choose to use your abilities to cause a serious ruckus. You may choose two targets, and any actions performed on the one will be performed, instead, on the other, and vice versa. You may abstain from night actions. You may select yourself in your night action.

The command to give would be Spot Switch: Player Name 1 and Player Name 2

You are alligned with the Moles, and you win if all non-Mole players are dead, or it is mathematically impossible for them to win the game.
The Spot could be defeated only by Green Goblin's pumpkin bombs. The mafia used this ability well, and at one point switched their kill target with someone else. Marshy the Doc had the correct target for that night, but of course ended up protecting the "someone else". It was probably the best use of the ability in the game.

Sharpie, well, he didn't do anything. I thought Chaco did a good enough job at coming in so late and at least being a presence. Honestly, replacing anyone on D3 (especially mafia) made me feel really icky inside. However, Chaco at least talked, unlike Sharpie, so at least we didn't have this role managing to coast its way to the finish line.

BULLSEYE (Mole Goon) - tmw_redcell

You are Bullseye. You never miss. Ever. As such, you are the go-to guy for assassinations.

Each night you must kill the target agreed upon by yourself and your mafia counterparts. Your submitting it to me finalizes the action, so make sure to get it together beforehand! Note that you can kill with any thrown object whatsoever. Because of this, you can think up a random object you'd like to throw at them, and this will be displayed in the flavor reveal of their corpse.

The command to give would be Throw A(n) [Object] At: Player Name

I was really disappointed by how Bullseye's flavor-inducing kill ability never really came into play (the knife was the choice made by redcell on N1). Kudos to Tom on attracting the right kind of attention, though. And kudos on zombie-ing your way to that win, Mashad. I'm sure you'd have been fun to watch if you didn't die right away.

SANDMAN (Mole Godfather) - Yaya Ignatius

You are Sandman. You lead the Moles. And what a simple way to defeat night investigation you have -- a sand sculpture, to the detail, of yourself in your room! As such, you are immune to any night actions... because anyone who attempts them would be focusing on the wrong area. You can only be killed by a lynch.

You are also the deciding vote if your mafia crew is split on what to do.

Yeah I'm kind of a *******. The Sandman was only immune to being tracked and investigated. If he was the last man standing and performing a kill, he could be observed doing so by Arcade. If he was targeted by Shadrac, he would be killed. And so on and so forth. Hey, sometimes the best laid plan is of mice and men. Sandman was always a little too cocky for his own good.

Yaya :mad:

Iggy: Good job faking that silencing. I'm honestly shocked and amazed the town let you slide through on that one. And good job on being antitown for the trillionth time.

More to come.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I gotta post and say "I love KiKi". He helped me out sooo much, plus it was really cool getting to talk to him. Lol.

MACMAN! BE MORE CONFIDENT IN YOUR READS.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha yeah, when I went on Jungle N1 it was because A. I got a read on him that he wasn't mafia(which was correct, sadly the one non-mafia role that would hurt me, and B. I figured out of those who I had a read on he was one of the more useful to pick up(not the likely N1 target at that point, and more experienced than my other then-thought-of possibility of Nic.)

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Marshy: yeah but to his credit the person who killed Tom N1 died with him. So aside from the bus driver I can't really think of a reason mafia would have sent two people to their kill, and since Nick would've known he targeted Tom and watched Tom, it would have been reasonable to rule out a bus driver. Chaco's hider claim was shaky, yeah, but short of "bus driver who can't fool the watcher even though the watcher doesn't know it" I'd have trouble coming up with another reasonable explanation for that.

Unless you take Handorin at his word about mafia always visiting their target, which I did for the purposes of the game but actually haven't found to be the case. I think EM does it but I don't know that I've seen it here anywhere else. (Not that I'd necessarily know, I guess. My game definitely didn't work that way.)

Top Bottom