• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
lol, you aren't kidding. It's not too hard to get lynched the first time! And I got pretty lucky today. :x

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hey, you might not be that lucky. My super brilliant powers of persuasion may convince Hando and Kiki to switch sides.

It could happen. Really. >_>

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, if nobody switches sides, then town has 4 players, and mafia/indie has 4. They can't lynch, but they can force a no-lynch.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Not unless the mafia decide to do something bat**** crazy like target me toNight. And even then, we'd still need indie support in order to make a lynch happen on D5. We're boned.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Oh yeah...
Unvote
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven
Vote Xsyven
Unvote Xsyven

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This is the internet; cookies are lies.

Besides, with Iggy's and Chaco's votes, Xsyven's already technically hammered.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
To clarify, I wasn't laughing because you voted after the hammer, Nic. I was laughing because responding to Handorin with that waterfall of Xsyven votes was awesome. Even if it didn't do anything.

We remain boned.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Actually, that "Ha Ha, Nic's a champion" was a ninja on me. I was responding that I forgot that Xsyven was already hammered. But yeah, we're doomed.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Final No Good Spidey Lovers... or... Haters? Or uh... well whatever

Xsyven (5): Kirby King, Xsyven, Handorin, Ignatius, Chaco

Kirby King (1): smashman90

Chaco (1): Nothing Rhymes With Circus

"Mwahahahaha!" said one.

"Mwahahahaha!" said another.

"Hey guys that's not cool," said a third. "Oh, wait. Mwahahahaha!"

"Yeah, that's it," barked The Rhino. "Gimme the best shot ya got."

He meets the pavement on the street soon after, but is quick to his feet, dusting himself off.

"That wasn't bad. Almost got a tickle."

A whooping cry from above draws many curious eyes, the slowest of which belonging to The Rhino, who turns just in time to see both crimson boots thump into his chest and send him to the ground.

He grunts and pushes himself back to his feet.
"Now we're talkin', webhead. I been waitin' for you to finish what you started."

And then he charged. Blows are exchanged, but his opponent proves too lithe to find himself on the receiving end of any of the monster's blows. Alas, Spider-Man's blows do little to stop the beast, and he eventually finds himself in his clutches.

"Not even close," The Rhino barked, before throwing the wallcrawler across the street and hard into the passing bus. "Try harder."

Thinking quickly, Spider-Man casts one web to the back of the retreating bus and one to the wall beside him. As he feels the retreating vehicle strain on his arms, the webs pull tighter, and tighter, before he releases, firing forward in a violent slingshot.

With remarkable agility, The Rhino manages to sidestep and knock Spider-Man with a vicious hammer blow. The webslinger, battered, is cast backward into the nearby transformer, knocking down the power line and sending screaming pedestrians away from the dangerous scene.

The Rhino advances.
"You ain't got it. Not like you used to. I'm disappointed, Webs!"

And he continued to charge.

At last, Spider-Man saw a way, dangerous though it was. Sommersaulting beneath a dancing powerline, he cast a web to the nearby fire hydrant and yanked, letting loose a wild rush of water as he pivoted and slammed the hydrant into Rhino's jaw.

As The Rhino fell, Spider-Man was quick to swing up to the nearby wall.

"That's it?" The Rhino yelled. He picked himself up off of the ground, rubbing his jaw, water sloshing around his ankles. "That the BEST you can do? I just wanted to FEEL somethin'! I thought you would at least be good for THAT! I just wanted to FEEL SOMETHING!"

And after a pause, Spider-Man fired webs into either severed powerline. "You will."

As the current flowed through The Rhino's body, few could help but to notice the sense of relief flooding what few features were left exposed. And as he fell, smouldering, to the ground, a new feature creased his visage -- a smile.

The Rhino (Xsyven; Independent Jester) has been apprehended.

A deadening quiet wafted over the Sinister Seventeen's conference room as they watched Spider-Man move the powerlines away from the water, webbing up their deadly edges, and coated The Rhino in a thick coating. After a moment, the wallcrawler looked up to their offices and gestured, pointing at them, before firing a web into a passing L-Train and disappearing.

Night 4 has begun. A deadline has been set for Tuesday, August 4th, at 11:59:59 PM CDT.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
With a night this long, the mafia could kill two people instead of just one...

Prod: Evil Eye

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I've had a lot of unpleasant IRL dramas across the board gobbling up my attention this week. I'm really sorry. I'm not going to withdraw or dangle a carrot in front of you for a month or whatever -- game's up tonight.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No johns this time! I had a late night and wanted to get some sleep.

Also, this contains a reference to my Batman game. So yeah, enjoy that, people that get it.

An ominous cloud is cast over the shambles of the Sinister Seventeen as they reconvene in the morning.

Suddenly, a black, gaping hole tears into the air above the conference room, and a man in a tattered white suit with orange hair drops onto the rosewood table.

Arcade (Nicholas1024; SS-alligned watcher) stares up unseeing, body diced and carved, his normally cruel and devious visage now frozen in final moments of pure agony. Through the crack above, The Spot leaps down, landing atop Arcade.

Eddie Brock grunts, pointing a finger at him as his symbiote slithers about him, inching up his body.
"I thought it was you! I knew you were no good. And now you're DEAD!"

"Ah," boomed a voice from behind, as Mysterio stepped forth from a doorway. "But who is to say that Mr. Ohmm was alone in his endeavors? That'd be a bit... deluded of a belief, wouldn't you say?"

Black Cat's fists clench as she steadies herself for a battle. "I thought you didn't have a side in this!"

"It was but one of many masterful illusions I have cast in the past few days." Mysterio's opague helmet betrays no emotion, although his bellowing laugh certainly does. "Including that of my loyalty to this organization."

The Kingpin remains seated, his fingers interlocked contemplatively. "This has become a most interesting development. It seems as though the game has become quite balanced." He stands and steps backward, leaning against the wall, his cane planted firmly. "It seems ideal to wait out your conflict and side with the stronger aggressive body."

Mysterio presses a button on belt, and a light fog starts to come in from the air conditioning vents on the floor. Any unprepared watch the gas warily, hoping to avoid it with great caution.

The Spot cracks his knuckles. "Then we've whittled you down to even money. I suppose we've done well to shed the need for deceiving you buffoons any longer."

Without warning, Venom charges forward, toward the crouching Spot. "You can NOT stop us, Ohmm! You are WEAK! WHAT CAN YOU DO TO US!?"

And as he leaped wildly through the air, fingertips turning to spikes, The Spot opened a portal immediately in front of him.

"This."

Hurtling through limbo, Venom soon find himself crackling hard into the plexiglass window, and felt The Spot's feet slam hard into his back immediately thereafter. Lashing out wildly, he fell to the floor solitary, his opponent long disappeared.

Faring better was the Black Cat, who had landed a vicious roundhouse into Mysterio's backside and sent him skidding across the carpet.

"Bastard!" she hisses. "Years of being straight, and you lure me back to crime just to sell us all out?" She pounces forward, landing on top of him and gripping the tufts of his cape.

She grins.
"Let's see how many illusions you can cast with the shards of your own helmet in you eyes!"

But she soon finds herself tumbling across the room with a grunt, as the Sandman steps forward, returning his arm from a mallet to an ordinary appendage. Black Cat digs her heels in to stop her roll and faces the two, as Mysterio stands.

"Not you too, Marko!"

"Sorry, girl," he shrugs. "The money's better when you go into business for yourself. Sometimes I gotta step on a few chumps."

Across the room, Venom is lost, surrounded by portals, swinging wildly in the hopes of hitting The Spot as he feels himself pelted by strike after strike, always caught unaware.

"Show yourself to us and FIGHT FAIR!"

"I could fight fair, or I could fight smart." A fist collides with his temple. "The latter has served me better."

But he was not prepared for Venom catching his wrist. A grin sheds across the face of the symbiotic warrior as he catches The Spot's leg after a kick, the tongue lolling cheerfully. Try though he might, The Spot could not escape the monster's grip.

"Now you'll feel our TRUE might, Ohmm!"

And he pulls. And pulls. And pulls. Before long, The Spot is shrieking in pain as he feels his tendons and ligaments tearing apart.

"Ohhhh yes. We will enjoy studying you!"

But Venom grunts, as he's cast across the room by a massive shoulder that could belong to the Kingpin. Standing, Venom stares down his new opponent. And after a moment, they charge, exchanging blow after might blow, the room shaking with the collision of either's strikes.

As her leg sinks into the Sandman's chest, Black Cat feels the sand coil tightly around her leg and tries futilely to dislodge it.

"Now now, darlin'," he smirks, as his right arm grows larger and larger. "Where are your manners?"

The hit sends her flying across the room. Using the wall as a springboard, she launches herself toward the desk, rolling forward and booting the recovering Spot in the jaw and sending him sprawling once more. Sandman, meanwhile, crept up to Venom, who had managed to cover the Kingpin in his inky webbing and pin him to the wall. Just as he leans forward for the killing blow, Sandman's fearsome kick sends him skidding away, and he pulls away the Kingpin's restraitns.

"We won't forget your help, Fisk," Sandman assured. "You have allies in us."

Unprepared, Sandman feels his legs kicked clean through by Black Cat's sweep, and he collapses, erupting briefly into sand. At the same time, she pivots and thrusts her elbow into the Kingpin's gut, who grips her tight in response.

"I've declawed many a cat in my youth, my dear." And he punctuated his point by launching her into the wall. As she flew through the air, a white and black polka-dotted arm appeared from a portal and collided with her throat, sending her gasping to the ground

Unfortuantely, this distraction had allowed Venom to cast webbing into both the Kingpin and the Sandman and crash them hard into one another. Recognizing the true threat, here, he leaped over the downed foes and charged straight for Mysterio.

"Without YOU," he surmised, the tongue trailing behind him. "They have NOTHING to stop US!"

"That's true enough," Mysterio acknowledged, before he put his hands forward and purple gas flowed from the fingertips. Quickly, Venom ducks away, rolling across the ground... and then he realizes that something is very wrong.

Coughing, Black Cat stands, waving away the smoke on the ground. She'd taken a lungful after the Kingpin threw her... and then she realized what Venom just had, as her vision began to blur.

The fog. The fog was the hallucinogen!

"It's funny how gladly people will accept diversionary gas as your weapon so long as it is a bright and distracting color," Mysterio guffawed. "One last parlor trick before my truly beautiful illusion."

And as he pressed another button on his belt, another Mysterio appeared. Then another Spot. Another Sandman. Then another Mysterio, and another Spot. Another Sandman. And so on, and so forth, until the room was filled to the brim with dozens of sentient illusions.

These kind of odds could not be defeated. Venom and Black Cat fight bravely, but when each of their strikes soars cleanly through a false enemy, they are destined to be worn down by their true nemeses. Before long, they lay defeated, and the gas and holograms began to disappear.

"Gentleman," Mysterio beckoned. "I believe we've done it."

"You've definitely done it, Fishbowl!" They turn just in time to see Spider-Man sink a red fist deep into Mysterio's helmet, and he slides across the ground unconscious.

The Spot fires a fist through a portal, but the webslinger manages to catch it and yank hard enough to bring him right out of the portal -- and facefirst into a devastating knee.

"No!" Sandman yelped. "We had a deal, bughead!"

Spider-Man responded by sliding beneath him and kicking straight up, launching the Sandman into the ceiling and webbing him in place. "I've got my own deal."

"Well, so do I! FISK!"

But as the Sandman looked around, and as the SWAT teams burst through the doors to collect the defeated villains, he saw that the Kingpin was nowhere to be found.

"He betrayed us," he mused. And after a moment, he couldn't help but laugh. "Just like we betrayed them..."

Five Days Later...

In a grand office, a large man sips idly at a luxurious whiskey brand as he watches the television. A news cast about the dismantling of the Sinister Seventeen -- some caught, some murdered.

"Studies indicate the men's morale is up," says his advisor. "They feel truly unified now, sir."

"Good."

On the television, pictures of Flint Marko, Quentin Beck, and Johnathon Ohmm flash across the screen, both in costume and out. The Kingpin sips at his whiskey, hand framing his chin.

"What do you want us to do about them, Mr. Fisk?"

He pauses introspectively. "Are the bridge teams in place?"

The advisor nods. "Yes sir."

"Mmmm," the Kingpin nods. "Break them out. They could prove useful."

"Yes sir." The advisor turns and exits, leaving Wilson Fisk to his thoughts.

The Kingpin nods to himself.
"They could prove quite useful indeed..."

The Daily Bugle August 8th, 2009

Villainous Escape By Tom Tucker

A journalist's shot of Fisk Lagoon, a hundred miles off the eastern coast of Papua New Guinea.

Few could forget the successful NYPD raid of a warehouse anonymously tipped off as being the headquarters of the reputed Sinister Seventeen. The raid resulted in the arrests of Quentin Beck, also known as Mysterio; Johnathon Ohmm, aka The Spot; Flint Marko, aka the Sandman; Felicia Hardy, aka the Black Cat; and Eddie Brock, aka Venom. Earlier apprehended were Aleksei Sytsevich, aka The Rhino, and Peter Petruski, aka The Trapster, and Dmitri Smerdyakov, aka The Chameleon, was killed in a high-profile fight with Spider-Man just a few days ago. The majority of the Sinister Seventeen's active members were found dead on arrival.

NYPD officials would not comment on possible involvement by the vigilante Spider-Man in the arrests, although it is considered likely.

Beck, Ohmm, and Marko were recently broken out of custody while being transported to their court dates. As their convoy travelled across George Washington Bridge, helicopters began to fly in lower than permitted by city bylaws. Just as the police were preparing to call in to report the offence, several charges hidden on the bridge began to explode, bringing the convoy to a halt.

Dozens of armed men slipped down ropes from the helicopters, which promptly released the ropes and banked away. Police were gunned down by the heavily armed force in rapid succession, and the three criminals were soon freed. The ropes were used again to slip to waiting boats, and the escape was made official.

Police have no leads as to the identity of the mastermind of this caper, but speculate it had to be a person of great influence and power. Boats matching the description of the yachts used in the escape were reportedly seen near Wilson Fisk's sovereign island state -- Fisk Lagoon -- but authorities lack the jurisdiction to investigate.

It is reported that the song "Trust" by Prince has been playing almost nonstop since the arrival of these boats -- likely for ironic reasons -- and that the island state has been the site of constant and raucaus parties, with a great many beautiful indigenous women and locally grown liquor of indescribable flavor. Fisk has assured us that this is entirely a coincidence, and he simply enjoys his bachelorhood.

More on this story as things develop -- but for the time being, it looks like these infiltrating criminals have gotten away scot-free.

Black Cat (smashman90; SS-alligned cop) has been apprehended.

Venom (Nothing Rhymes With Circus; SS-alligned paranoid gun owner) has been apprehended.

Mysterio (Kirby King; mole-alligned lawyer/framer) has escaped custody.

The Spot (Chaco; mole-alligned bus driver) has escaped custody.

The Sandman (Ignatius; mole-alligned godfather) has escaped custody.

The Kingpin (Handorin; independent politician) has escaped custody.

Mafia/Jester/Politician win!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Getting a paranoid gun kill on the Doctor was really a nice help, but not much you can do about that. GG

edit: Oh and you were right Circus, claiming silenced day three is exactly what a mafia alligned Iggy would do, but we didn't have a silencer, that was The Lizard.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Wooooo!

Go Mafia/Jester/Politician! I did have a Ram command, that just gave people a flavor PM. I got bombed the first two times I tried (seriously, what was that ****.) And then the third time, I rammed Macman, and he ended up dying for some reason.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Congratulations to Kirby King, Chaco, Ignatius, tmw_redcell, Handorin, and Xsyven for winning. Thank you to Evil Eye for modding the game, making very regular vote counts, and putting the time and effort into the very detailed and entertaining flavor in both PMs and in the game lynch/day scenes.

I will let Evil Eye post all of the Role PMs before I make any specific comments about the game, but I do plan to make a lot of them. I don't mean any disrespect, because I know that you put a lot of time and effort into this game, but I feel that it was poorly balanced and that there was a bad combination of an emphasis on night actions + Day phases that were made useless not by the players but by the roles.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Kirby King being mafia was my worst ****ing fear throughout the whole game. I knew that if he was mafia there was no way I was going to pick up on it and we were just going to be screwed. Turns out we would have been screwed even if he had been indie.

Fun game (I got a super character). My bad on accidentally killing you N3, Marshy. I thought about relaxing that night, but being targeted the first night really made me paranoid for the rest of the game (lolz, puns). Speaking of which, now that the game's officially over, I can finally ask this—Hey Jungle, WTF MANG? :mad:

Seriously though, Venom v. Carnage battle N1 was glorious. Couldn't have kicked off the game in a better way on my end (unfortunately, my Nights basically just spiraled down from there).

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Kirby King being mafia was my worst ****ing fear throughout the whole game.
I thought you might think that. I'm a little guilty of stringing you along and buddy-buddying you up, since it seemed you were awfully eager to agree with me and carryover-trusting me from other games. ;)

Also, I knew that if it was obvious that any of us were going to get lynched around the end of the game, I'd have them try to cut a deal with any independents that were out there. Claiming independent after being called guilty by the cop and a liar by the watcher was partly a way to figure out how many independents there were left, since we only needed one to get a no lynch. (The catch was if we only had one and tried to deal too early, you guys would have had a week to convince them to flip, and it would have been obvious who else was mafia based on who didn't help you make a lynch happen.)

I also feel silly (you know, being the lawyer and all) for not realizing that smashman was a cop. From his original claim it sounded very much like he was just a thief, i.e. he would retrieve an item from someone's room and that would hint at their role or character or whatever. I read into my role PM too much and assumed that that would mean my powers wouldn't affect him, and thus there was a "real" cop out there somewhere else whom I was meant to confound and mislead.

And while I'm on the subject of ridiculous-missteps, I twice guessed wrong on who the cop actually was. I framed Eor/Xsyven Night 1, mainly on the grounds that a guilty on him would be more valuable than a guilty on Handorin, and I figured the odds of each being investigated were pretty equal. Then Kevin comes out of nowhere at the beginning of D2 pressing Eor, and I pounced accordingly. My plan was to lynch the cop, go "oh no obviously he had a guilty on Eor" and lynch him the next Day, and then it would be lylo or something. But then Kevin flipped not-cop, and I made the same mistake with Macman D3. I was sure he was breadcrumbing a guilty investigation on Eor/Xsyven (and figured he had waited until D3 just so he could confirm his sanity). That led to fun games N3 when I had to wonder whether he might have gotten an inno read on me when I lawyered myself N2, which meant if I made the right (wrong?) call N3 he might end up thinking himself insane. So I settled on killing him and making sure he was the cop, and maybe getting Xsyven lynched off of that.

Anyway.

BTW, townies: why didn't you try to get Handorin over to your side by force? Nick had the right idea, he just had to do it sooner. :p Although it turns out it wouldn't have mattered much (Xsyven wouldn't have flipped), and even a roleclaim D3 would have possibly not gone so well (we could have no lynched if Handorin sided with us). Also, sorry for getting bored D4; with Iggy gone I made it a personal challenge to see if we could hammer Xsyven without him, I'm pretty sure a lot of the things I said were bull****. I was just impatient. ;)

More thoughts later, if I think of them. I'd like to see all the roles though.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh well GG all. I've got to hand it to Kiki for a very good performance as mafia, least up till the last day when it became somewhat desperation time.

I wish I hadn't mis-masoned on Jungle N1, it very well could have turned the game to town favor if I had survived and gotten my maximum masonry. Anyway, EE told me pretty much all the roles during the game, but I'm interested to see the PMs and all that.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Oh, one thing I remember: it was kind of funny when people were right about things, but for entirely the wrong reasons. Marshy saying I was mafia because Eor was roleblocked and Eor had been suspicious of me comes to mind. So does "Iggy must be mafia because the mafia used a silencer on themselves".

I guess that probably happens pretty often in these games, but when you're on the other side it's somewhat more amusing. Or at least more awkward. "Oh yeah? Well as it so happens we don't have a mafia roleblocker, so I can't be roleblocking Eor!"

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
This works out the best way cause this is glorified proof to Tom that Venom > Carnage :p
rockin sometimes your thickness astounds me. i have repeatedly said that venom is one of my favorite comic characters of all time and that i like him more than carnage. i love venom, carnage, toxin, anti-venom a lot and the symbiotes really make spider-man for me. but venom would NOT win in a fight vs carnage.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
rockin sometimes your thickness astounds me. i have repeatedly said that venom is one of my favorite comic characters of all time and that i like him more than carnage. i love venom, carnage, toxin, anti-venom a lot and the symbiotes really make spider-man for me. but venom would NOT win in a fight vs carnage.
I know that you said he's one of your favorite characters. I was just pointing out the little Carnage vs. venom thing we talked about before, which I was hoping you'd say something like 'That doesn't count Rockin! LOL.' But it seems I just annoyed you, so sorry about that >_>

and sorry if I'm just too 'thick headed' as well.

In anycase, I'll speak up and tell my reasons for what I did and such of Day 1 and 2.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why am I never town.
Seriously, what's up with that?

If I ever actually get a mafia role in one of these games, it'll be interesting to experience what Kiki just mentioned. Being able to hold all the cards, so to speak. A lot of times, when I'm posting some kind of theory about a player, I wonder to myself if the mafia's just laughing their ***** off since they kind of know what's up.

If I could just be an unlynchable, bulletproof SK in the next game, that would be rad.

Top Bottom