• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote: Tom

If he's just going to spend the day acting like he's baby jesus then I think we should lynch him instead of having to put up with it. So please stop it
How am I spending the day acting like I'm BJ? Besides the obvious omission of giant red X's and UNHELPFUL comments, not only is the game currently in the completely healthy joke vote phase but all I've done is point out that the person I voted for immediately re-voted me and created a platform of discussion by accusing him of OMGUS. I don't see how I've been any more BJ than Kirby King, or any sillier than junglefever or Handorin.

Would you care to elaborate?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
unvote, vote: Tom

i know hes gonna end up getting in my way eventually so we should all just get rid of him now.

Handorin

Smash Hero
How am I spending the day acting like I'm BJ? Besides the obvious omission of giant red X's and UNHELPFUL comments, not only is the game currently in the completely healthy joke vote phase but all I've done is point out that the person I voted for immediately re-voted me and created a platform of discussion by accusing him of OMGUS. I don't see how I've been any more BJ than Kirby King, or any sillier than junglefever or Handorin.

UNHELPFUL
:mad:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Oh, wow, Handorin, you are truly a comedic genius. When Eor mentioned Baby Jesus, never in my wildest dreams did I expect someone to have the gall to emulate said player. But then WHAM, you did it. And I was stunned. Truly, congratulations on your epic achievements at humor. I don't think that could ever be topped, unless of course you did the COMPLETELY unexpected and did it AGAIN in response to what I'm saying now.

All that aside, I do expect an answer from Eor.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Oh, wow, Handorin, you are truly a comedic genius. When Eor mentioned Baby Jesus, never in my wildest dreams did I expect someone to have the gall to emulate said player. But then WHAM, you did it. And I was stunned. Truly, congratulations on your epic achievements at humor. I don't think that could ever be topped, unless of course you did the COMPLETELY unexpected and did it AGAIN in response to what I'm saying now.

All that aside, I do expect an answer from Eor.
UNHELPFUL
:mad:

yep =)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
OH MY GAWD YOU SUX

its when yu vote for someone who voted for you. Essentially what you did with Tom.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Nicholas1024 (1): Tom

Tom (4): Handorin, junglefever, Nicholas1024, Macman

junglefever (1): Nothing Rhymes With Circus

Eor (2): Kirby King, Handorin

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

There you go! Required reading, and it will help you play better and have more fun.

OMGUS: "Oh My God U Suck." And OMGUS vote is a retaliation vote, where if someone votes you, you turn around and vote them right back. Later in the game, OMGUS votes can be seen as a red flag for faulty logic or as a scumtell, where they are much more invested in their own survival than in actually searching for non-townies and would rather lynch whoever wants to lynch them. Early in the game, it can be seen as a knee-jerk reaction. "You vote me oh my god u suck I'll vote u how do you that?" Normally people vote randomly in the beginning of the day to gauge reactions, but you voted me just because I voted you. Why is that?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You know, it wasn't what you posted (outside of the black text, which I understand now but didn't then), but it was more "please for the love of God don't ****ing do that" type of vote. You did it in another thread, and I really did not want to see it here. It's terrible for everyone. Everyone

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord

There you go! Required reading, and it will help you play better and have more fun.

OMGUS: "Oh My God U Suck." And OMGUS vote is a retaliation vote, where if someone votes you, you turn around and vote them right back. Later in the game, OMGUS votes can be seen as a red flag for faulty logic or as a scumtell, where they are much more invested in their own survival than in actually searching for non-townies and would rather lynch whoever wants to lynch them. Early in the game, it can be seen as a knee-jerk reaction. "You vote me oh my god u suck I'll vote u how do you that?" Normally people vote randomly in the beginning of the day to gauge reactions, but you voted me just because I voted you. Why is that?
Well, it was my normal reaction. You vote me, I vote you. I am new to this after all. So.... now what?

Unvote Tom

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, I have to be at work for the start of the game:( Anyway, vote: macman for putting a fourth vote on Tom again right after it was pointed out that he had quite a few votes for so early

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Tom (3): Handorin, junglefever, Macman

Eor (2): Kirby King, Handorin

Macman (1): mentosman8

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Oh hey.

I'm playing this game.

Later in the game, I might find Eor's vote on Tom suspicious, but at this early stage, I don't think that there's anything much Eor would stand to gain from it. And Eor's smart enough to know that, so I'm willing to buy his explanation.

Also, just to preempt this... keep any role speculation to yourself. Don't post, "Oh, this player has this role restriction, so they must be playing this character!" Generally, this kind of open speculation helps the mafia more than it does the town. So unless you think you've found somebody who you think is working with Spider-Man, keep it to yourself.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Uh, we really have nothing to go on. From what I've seen, it's just the same **** that carried over from Lonely Island Mafia.

And...what logic did you use? Just that he voted for you and that the only reason? I know you are new but you need to watch what you say and make sure your points are well backed up (even in the joke vote phase hehe)

On a friendlier note, Medi's back :D

I agree with his notion on open speculation. Keep to yourself until you can pretty much prove it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
So unless you think you've found somebody who you think is working with Spider-Man, keep it to yourself.
Freudian slip?

Kidding. Just thought it was funny

But I'm not really into keeping role speculation to yourself. I agree that people shouldn't be saying "I bet Medi is the cop/doc", but other then that I don't see any problem with it

/edit

Handorin

Smash Hero
Uh, we really have nothing to go on. From what I've seen, it's just the same **** that carried over from Lonely Island Mafia.

And...what logic did you use? Just that he voted for you and that the only reason? I know you are new but you need to watch what you say and make sure your points are well backed up (even in the joke vote phase hehe)

I agree with his notion on open speculation. Keep to yourself until you can pretty much prove it.
You mean every game? I can't really think of a game where nonsense didnt happen for a majority of D1.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
And...what logic did you use? Just that he voted for you and that the only reason?
That's the reason in a nutshell. :p

But anyway, as far as stuff to go on... I don't know, perhaps we could discuss 4 different people voting on Tom. As long as we discuss something (rationally), we're bound to end up with a result sooner or later.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Awww.

It's not so much about proof. It's about the alignment of the person you're speculating about, which probably won't be apparent. So, if you thought you'd identified Grizzly, and thought he was probably a town vigilante (I'm using him as an example because I really doubt he's in the game), it wouldn't give the town any advantage to reveal your suspicions about him.

If you found him and, for some reason, thought he was working with Spider-Man, and was therefore mafia, you'd want to reveal that, because it would advantage the town.

But usually in games like this, I see a lot of stupid speculation of the former kind, that doesn't do anything except potentially give the mafia information to work with, and really doesn't help the town at all.

So it's not about whether you can prove it or not. It's about whether sharing the information with the rest of the town is worth exposing it to the mafia.

Freudian slip?
Uh, no?

Spider-Man's allies in this game are the mafia. Most of the villains are the town. So, same question to you I guess.

Freudian slip?

But I'm not really into keeping role speculation to yourself. I agree that people shouldn't be saying "I bet Medi is the cop/doc", but other then that I don't see any problem with it
Anything that gives the mafia accurate information is bad. It doesn't have to expose the cop or the doc to hurt the town.

If someone says, "I think Eor is the Coldheart, and he's a townie roleblocker", and they're right, they helped the town out none, and just gave the mafia valuable information.

Hell, they shouldn't even be speculating on your name, since from that the mafia might be able to figure out your role.

Really, any speculation about a player/character who's probably town should be kept to yourself. The opposite is true about mafia players/characters.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Hando, it does happen in every game but in LI it got pretty out of hand, you have to admit that.

Nick - clearly, all those votes are real >_>...well at least mine isn't.

Medi: Ok I guess I should have worded that better, I didn't mean proof, but anything that could help the mafia tell if someone is townie, especially one with a power role, is bad.

Handorin

Smash Hero
So I was thinking, if we are all bad guys trying to lynch good guys, wouldnt that mean we are mafia lynching town? So...

Anything that gives the mafia accurate information is bad. It doesn't have to expose the cop or the doc to hurt the town.

If someone says, "I think Eor is the Coldheart, and he's a townie roleblocker", and they're right, they helped the town out none, and just gave the mafia valuable information.

Hell, they shouldn't even be speculating on your name, since from that the mafia might be able to figure out your role.

Really, any speculation about a player/character who's probably town should be kept to yourself. The opposite is true about mafia players/characters.
So Medi is obviously trying to throw us off and do the wrong thing.

Unvote Vote: Medi

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nick - clearly, all those votes are real >_>...well at least mine isn't.
Well, its nearly a given that most (and perhaps all, who knows?) of the votes weren't real, but still, 4 joke votes on the same character is against the odds.

For example, Macman did a 4th vote on Tom after it was pointed out that Tom had a lot of votes on him for this early in the game. (Mentosman8 pointed that out and voted Macman) Also, after I unvoted Tom, Macman posted "Don't let him scare you Nicholas". This line of reasoning might lead to a dead end, but its as good of a way to start as any other I can think of. Does anyone have a better idea to pursue?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
So I was thinking, if we are all bad guys trying to lynch good guys, wouldnt that mean we are mafia lynching town? So...

So Medi is obviously trying to throw us off and do the wrong thing.

Unvote Vote: Medi
Um.... In this game, the villans of the spidey universe is the town, and spiderman's allies are the mafia. I don't see how you could get a different conclusion.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It's another joke vote...

Also, well...people vote tom because its fun. Well, thats why i do anyway XD

anyway

unvote

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman

um.....is that BJ me? lol

Sharpevil

Smash Rookie
Well, its nearly a given that most (and perhaps all, who knows?) of the votes weren't real, but still, 4 joke votes on the same character is against the odds.

For example, Macman did a 4th vote on Tom after it was pointed out that Tom had a lot of votes on him for this early in the game. (Mentosman8 pointed that out and voted Macman) Also, after I unvoted Tom, Macman posted "Don't let him scare you Nicholas". This line of reasoning might lead to a dead end, but its as good of a way to start as any other I can think of. Does anyone have a better idea to pursue?
Even with the mention though, is the fourth vote really that much more suspicious than the third?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Um.... In this game, the villans of the spidey universe is the town, and spiderman's allies are the mafia. I don't see how you could get a different conclusion.
Nono. You don't understand what I am saying.

Mafias are considered bad.

We are bad guys.

We are trying to lynch good guys.

Therefore, we are mafia trying to lynch town.

Also, there are also "reverse" mafia games where there is like... a mason and a vig or something and then a couple mafia with a whole bunch of traitors.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
There's a fallacy in that, I just don't remember which one.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Tom (3): Handorin, junglefever, Macman

Eor (1): Kirby King

Macman (1): mentosman8

Medi (1): Handorin

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, I'm out of ideas.

Vote me
Because I haven't come up with something useful yet. :p

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
But I'm also kinda serious.
You're actually serious with that vote?

I wasn't aware I had to explain standard Mafia terms like mafia and town in a Mafia game.

This is not an OMGUS vote. This is a "You're coming after someone (in this case me), for a reason that doesn't really make sense, and trying to pass it off as half a joke" vote.

Vote: Handorin

Top Bottom