• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Man 3

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
People wouldn't even be speculating about the Lizard if he hadn't "appeared" in Spider Man 2 (he was Peter's teacher, the one with only one arm). Still, I don't know if they're going to throw FOUR major villains in there. That seems a bit extreme, since the first two movies worked so well with just one villain apiece. But hey, if anyone can pull it off, Sam Raimi can.

Dibs

Smash Lord
McFox said:
Yeah I've seen that picture, but the IGN site said that they fully showed Venom "in all his CGI glory," unless I read that wrong. I have yet to see that image.
It was shown in a trailer that was shown during the comic-con. The clip that I saw of it was horrible quality though as I was just barely able to make out that that was venom that was shown. If I find it I'll post it up. He looks incredible though. Pretty darn close to how he was expected to look.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
hmm, well two villians will work but I think that more then two would be exagerated, but still is marvel gonna keep doing spiderman movies after this one?, most of the directors leave it on the 3rd part or even 4th.

edit: oh wait a minute probaly not since movies like batman or superman have too may villians which they decide to make even more movies from them, I guess it will happen the same thing with the spiderman movies and the rest of marvel movies.

Jango Fett

Smash Lord
Hey guys, you should check out the Comic-Con trailer. It has Eddie Brock changing into Venom and lunging towards the camera. Though, it's HORRIBLE quality.

It might have Mysterio. Raimi said something about Bruce Campbell along with Mysterio.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Jango Fett said:
It might have Mysterio. Raimi said something about Bruce Campbell along with Mysterio.
Bruce Campbell is playing Quentin Beck, who is Mysterio. However, Raimi said that Bruce will have another "cameo," so I doubt he's actually going to be playing the villain. Probably more like the Lizard's "part," in 2, where he was just the regular person who becomes the Lizard.

And that video sucks. They really need to show it to everybody.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The video looks home-made to me.

Also, Fox, if you remember from the animated series, The Lizard had a pretty short arc. Like one 30 minute episode with commercials. I think they could do a quick lizard scene to show off his badass new suit, ala Rhino in the animated series. Also, Venom won't really be an enemy as he will likely be the last few minutes of the movie. So the symbiote would just be attacking Spider-man internally. That leaves Sandman and Green Goblin 2.

Foxy, can you change the Debate Hall color to Cyan. It has won.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Thanks for the input? I really don't know what that had to do with anything.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
The Lizard had a pretty short arc. Like one 30 minute episode with commercials. I think they could do a quick lizard scene to show off his badass new suit, ala Rhino in the animated series.
You never specified that you were talking about Spider Man's suit. It sounds like you were still talking about the Lizard.

Dibs

Smash Lord
My guess. Sandman, Harry Osborne, Venom, and then they will count the Symbiote as a 4th villain.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Spider-man 3 trailer to be shown tonight?

For those who may be interested, I have stumbled onto a pretty interesting piece of information.

Spider-Man fans will get a long-awaited sneak peek at Columbia Pictures' highly anticipated motion picture Spider-Man 3 when a new, full-length, two-and-a-half minute trailer debuts in a special unprecedented "road block" across Viacom Inc.'s brands and on the CBS Television Network on Thursday, November 9, at approximately 10:00 pm. Spider-Man 3, starring Tobey Maguire and directed by Sam Raimi, kicks off next summer's moviegoing season on May 4, 2007.

The television networks airing the new trailer include BET, CBS, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV, MTV2, Spike TV and VH1, with each supporting the event with custom promotions both on-air and online. A total of 14 online destinations from Viacom's networks are supporting the airing of the trailer, including AddictingGames.com, AddictingClips.com, BET.com, MTV.com, IFILM.com, Nick.com, ComedyCentral.com, GameTrailers.com, LOGOonline.com, Neopets.com, SpikeTV.com, The-N.com, VH1.com, and Xfire.com.

Immediately following the television premiere, a high-definition version of the trailer will be available exclusively on MTV Networks' IFILM.com.
I will be looking for this tonight. Has anyone else heard about this and know if it's true?

Dibs

Smash Lord
In case anyone cares, the new trailer is up on iFILM.com.

Don't be expecting a Venom appearance in this trailer though.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I don't like Sandman and I'm hoping that Spidey doesn't have the symbiote suit throughout the whole movie and Eddie Brock retrieving it at the end in a church, just like the comics and cartoons, leading to a sequel. I want Venom as a main villain in the movie. Also, wouldn't it be awesome to see Carnage have a brief role? He's my favorite villain in Spider-Man. If not, Carnage BETTER be in the 4th. (If they make a fourth)
If I know my TV interviews right, (and I usually do) I do believe that Toby (Parker) and Kirsten Dunst (MJ) said that they already signed on for a 4th spidey movie. and also, Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman (WOLVERINE FTW!!!!) said that they already signed on for a 4th x-men.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Venom will most likely be the main villain in the next spiderman, but I do believe he is in this 3rd one, even for a second. They showed him in the comic-con trailer so I don't think they would have made that scene of him if he isn't at least shown in the movie.

I hated the thought of Sandman as the main villain in this movie, but seeing him in action changed my mind. I'm looking forward to this.

I just don't like Spidey's emo hair.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Venom Footage.

Ok finally, footage of venom can be seem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiMP3HEwB98

Check out the end of the trailer. I'm thinking the trailer was unfinished because you can see some of the cgi models and stuff like that. Venom's at the end though..

I'm assuming that he'll be shown near the middle or so, when spidey rips off the symbiote in the church tower, where eddie brock just happens to be. And it goes onto him.

SPOILER PICS BELOW:

Dibs

Smash Lord
That's nice there buddy.

This movie is about 3 hours long by the way. And I know I'm going to enjoy every bit of it. I just hope Venom has his long tongue that's he's known for.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Actually, the final time of the movie is 2 hrs. and 36 minutes, about 10 minutes longer than SM2.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
They're going to ruin this movie, just like the last two.

I was so mad when I found out that the movies didn't follow the actual sequence of events at all, and on top of that they screwed up how Spider-Man got his powers. In this movie, the symbiote Spidey-Suit looks TERRIBLE. I expected a smooth, black get-up, like in the comics. ON TOP OF THAT, Eddie Brock is scrawny, and so is Venom. That ticked me off too.

Also, they completely *******ized the Goblin's suit. In BOTH movies. I expected cloth, a decent mask, and pouch full of pumpkin bombs. The only villain I've been happy with so far was Doc Ock.

I think the symbiote came back with Jameson's son on his space expedition. Correct me if I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member

I saw this movie last night, and it freaking rocked. FastFox, you should be fairly satisfied.

D

Deleted member

In this movie, when he gets his black suit, there's probably a 20 minute scene where he becomes...emo..because the Symbiote that takes over his body is very moody and aggressive. There's even a scene where he's looking in the mirror, and combs his hair over one eye. He then proceeds to be super-fly and macks on all the ladies while being really bad ***. It's pretty cool.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I've already read the entire novelization about a month ago. I can say that from after reading the whole entire book that this is going to be my favorite out of the trilogy.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
They are doing advanced screenings in Canada? That's pretty cool. Does Venom have a lot of screen time? Also,
I heard he died.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Yes Crimson, Venom does die. This is the only case where the novelization is wrong, because what the book said about how he dies is completely different from what actually happens in the movie.

Top Bottom