• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol "PMFest" last person to have a full box of PMs wins
http://myfacewhen.com/56/

toasty: man im basically homeless, how am i going to go back for break >XD billy's still here, im jus staying with him. playing mad marvel lol, probably going to have a third party come over to play tomorro night
he has a LOT of supply right now (should be good for break) so he isnt looking right now (spent all of his bday money from yesterday on an arkham horror expansion XD) but yo i keep forgetting to talk to you about that random text you sent me at 10 freaking 45 a few days ago, that made me so confused lol

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
So far the only chars i've been able to use are Marth, Sheik, Snake, and Link.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I am going to use wolf
gtfo pitzer
wolf dittos son. ill teach you how to play this akward *** wolf.

Are Marth and IC's any good?
marth is gangsta status son. toasty nows.

ICs are sorta legit. I can't say for sure. I can't play them like Chudat can. >:

So far the only chars i've been able to use are Marth, Sheik, Snake, and Link.
All of them are boss except Shiek.

Shiek is ****ing game.

i dont even play her and I get away with so much bull**** because of Dthrow Slap loool.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Staples has insane sales on sd cards right now, 4gb 9.99, 8gb 16.99 I think. Last night I got a 16 for 27.99, that's in maryland though, hopefully everywhere else too.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Staples has insane sales on sd cards right now, 4gb 9.99, 8gb 16.99 I think. Last night I got a 16 for 27.99, that's in maryland though, hopefully everywhere else too.

Brawl can only use SD cards 2GB and below.

Anything higher will force you to use Riivolution and you can only use Riivolution to play P:M with an actual Brawl disc.

So if you USB load, your SOL.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I didn't think P5 would have a big turnout because of the fact that it was on the east coast, and that public interest in smash is finally declining at a fast rate.
Genesis is only at its second running, and the first genesis had more epicness in it than all five pounds combined.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I've driven to california.
I played with legos and ****
It was hardcore

In other news, since I have a new, large room to host in, I will host after ether hosts his going away party.
Get at me about when, because I can do it whenever.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So Im free Thursday after 3:30PM. I'll be free on friday as well.
As toasty said, I'm free generally on weekdays from 8AM to 11PM. Weekends start on Friday at 8AM and end on Sunday at 11PM.

If you want to swing on by, I'm game. lol.

The title of this thread has needed a change for upwards of 3 months now.
Yes.

To

"SOVA Social. 2011. Neko has joined the scene."

;D

rhan

Smash Hero
Theo. Get me from Gloucester. And my Melee from Shaden.

And tell him to eat a DIIICK!

Or you can play with me in Starcraft.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Pound 5 didn't have a turnout like Pound 4 for a few reasons.

[in no particular order]

1) Pound 4 was in 2010. There was no Genesis 2 waiting around the corner to steal away would-be attendees who were saving up for "this year's big tourney." IIRC, Apex2010 wasn't even announced until a little bit before Pound 4 so as not to conflict with interested parties.

2) Pound 4 was on MLK weekend...which is a national holiday that is observed by most establishments in the US. Presidents Day, on the other hand..... >_> As a result, people were considerably more available for Pound 4 than for Pound 5 [and not just for attending all 3 days, some people knowingly miss the 3rd day because they need it for travel, but at least they weren't missing a day of work/school for Pound 4]

3) Pound 5 was ****ing EXPENSIVE. Tourney/venue fees aside, the HOTEL was expensive. The need for people to not only reserve rooms at the Hyatt [for the sake of the tourney being a success] but to also NOT pack too many people into a room led to a few thing: People who weren't planning on bending the rules decided against spending $75-100 for a weekend of housing, which added considerably to the already-steep travel costs for so many. It also led to people, as it was mentioned, CANCELING. Now some people canceled because they simply couldn't attend, while others grouped together and canceled their individual rooms thinking "**** that, we'll just put 12 people in one room even though the limit is 4"

4) Because it bears repeating: Genesis 2.

Top Bottom