• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
So apparently, a couple months ago, GHNeko (aka Xavier Rathos or some ****....oh right: AKA the owner of Smashmods.com, which is basically the home of Project:Melee) got stationed at Little Creek Amphib.

He's free extremely often, from what I gather, and on Sunday I'm going over to his place to check out some more Project:M.

*sings like a kid*
except I get to use the full rosssterrrrr ^_^

...but for real...not this sunday, but some other time, would people be interested in trying out Project:M?

You don't even need to hack your Wii...you just need that and a copy of Brawl (and a 2GB-or-less SD card).

Well anyway, I think people should give it a shot...it's a lot of fun =D

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I want to test it out.
I talked to you guys about xavier needing a ride but you guys kinda forgot about him.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
So apparently, a couple months ago, GHNeko (aka Xavier Rathos or some ****....oh right: AKA the owner of Smashmods.com, which is basically the home of Project:Melee) got stationed at Little Creek Amphib.

He's free extremely often, from what I gather, and on Sunday I'm going over to his place to check out some more Project:M.

*sings like a kid*
except I get to use the full rosssterrrrr ^_^

...but for real...not this sunday, but some other time, would people be interested in trying out Project:M?

You don't even need to hack your Wii...you just need that and a copy of Brawl (and a 2GB-or-less SD card).

Well anyway, I think people should give it a shot...it's a lot of fun =D
i also have Project M. i've enjoyed it so far. I jus need more people to play it with.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Actually Ike was in the alpha version as far as I could tell he seemed. Alright. Snake with that Uppercut though. Yo Riku, whenever I get a chance I'll hit you up on that offer.
jus hit me up next week. i'm free whenever Monday and Wednesday, and i get out of class on Tues/Thurs at 1.

toasty

Smash Hero
y'all need to hit up Xavier Rythos (GHNeko...just call him Neko)
He's on Little Creek Amphib Base in Va Beach [LOL he's like down the street from Ether!!!]

http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=70017
send him a PM. He's available pretty much EVERY. DAY. [until 11pm when he starts work...until 7:30am]

Went there last night...has a pretty sweet setup though I fear the tiniest bit of lag because of his TV [but w/e it's still fun, though not quite suited for groups of people]

And he has...............THE FULL ROSTER. =D

Sadly (for y'all), I was mostly focused on Lucas so I didn't **** around too much with other characters. But rest assured, EVERYONE from Brawl has a Project:M counterpart. Just a lot of them aren't quite balanced yet [and even in the demo there are problems...which is why it's just the demo haha]

Neko used Ike a couple times..Ike was pretty good because of his incredible KO power and he has some tricky movement stuff [charging sideB into grabs, for example...I don't know if he's canceling the sideB and grabbing or if that's an option when executing the move]...still has eruption superarmor [tanked my G&W #9 :(]

Ness is....strange. He's probably a LOT better than his Melee counterpart and some of his move/movement properties changed to the point where I really felt like I didn't know what I was doing. Plus: the new DJC input is messing up my Ness game because now, DJC is OPTIONAL (WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!) You can see that with Lucas in the demo. According to JCaesar (with Lucas, anyway, dunno if this is universal for DJCers) if you DJ-aerial within the first 2 frames of the DJ (WUT), it will cancel no matter what. But the regular way to DJC is to let go of the jump button after the DJ and THEN attack. So it's forced me to adopt my ollld DJC style of Jump+Up+aerial....
EDIT: and if it wasn't clear, in order to DJ aerial without canceling, just continue to hold the jump button...****in SWEEEEET

tl;dr - my Lucas is pri gud

but nah, the Ness stuff I'll keep to myself only because the version of the character I played wasn't even on NEKO'S system! We were streaming and bunch of the P:M backroom (separate site, not on smashboards) and they said to use the TestNess...so he goes on his computer, while we're on the character select screen, mind you, accesses the harddrive connected to the Wii, moves some files/folders around, and bam: the Ness I then selected was totally different from the one he had.
In short: this whole process is freakin ballin.

Caboose: OMFFGGGGGGGG you'll LOVE Wario!!! I didn't use him but Neko used him a bunch...oh man. Just...okay...his SideB? No more bike. Sorry. Instead you're left with this horrible ****ing move...you know...it's just....HIS FSMASH FLYING ACROSS THE ****ING SCREEN WITH HIGH PRIORITY AND KO POWER WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

shanus

Smash Hero
Toasty - the DJC isn't that, it's like this:

If you release the jump button any time prior to inputing the aerial during your double jump, or within 2 frames of starting the aerial during the double jump, it will DJC.

So basically, you can do rising aerials if you hold the jump button prior to and 2 frames into your aerials. Hope this makes sense. Also, the new DJC in the patch build (dunno if you were using testbed ness) has a DJC decay rate like melee, so the later you input it, the less of a cancel you get.

And the Wario SideB is his shoulder charge from WarioLand. Fsmash animation and increasing KO power the longer the move goes :)

toasty

Smash Hero
First off: thank you so much Shanus for starting all of this <3!!!!!!!!

But yeah, thanks for the clarification..I wasn't 100% sure of the mechanics and I was having a bit of difficulty with consistency

And yeah I only used testbed Ness when choosing Ness...dair is going to take some getting used to [but YOOOOO get at that 64 dair!]

I had a lot of trouble l-canceling it, though [granted, you can SH-dair at will without worrying about lag...but yooo if I could just l-cancel that DJC-dair...oh mannnn the things I would do. But yeah I only tried him for a few matches, so maybe I just don't have the right timing? Tips?]

toasty

Smash Hero
Yeah I had told him before but I just went ahead and linked him...we'll probably see him later today [he's available to play today ALL DAY...HIT HIM UP] Don't be stupid...this ****'s mad fun...just get over the fact that they're still trying to fix the landing detection* and you'll be fine.

*Landing Detection - from what I gather, Melee and Brawl have different timing for when the game registers the character's body as touching/not touching the ground/stage/platform/etc. This makes things like wavelanding quite difficult to time for people who are so accustomed to the Melee timing...it also makes it frustrating for a lot of Melee players when they play P:M. I'm sure there are other problems with Landing Detection, but still...small price to pay for being able to play the version of Brawl you wished it was.

EDIT: TO GET PROJECT:MELEE, GO HERE
http://smashmods.com/projectm/

You don't need to even hack your Wii! You just need a copy of Brawl, a Wii, and an SD card [2GB or less]. Go to the site, download the one that corresponds to your setup, take ALL textures and other wii/hack-related things off of your SD card [just to be safe], and boom you're ready to go

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I need another 2GB Sd Card though it has a riivolution option. Which I have but im afraid to Put it on my SD card atm. Im gonna ask Bionic to help me out on this one.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
am i the only one amazed by Neko's Blank Post of Amazing +1?

toasty: yea i saw that sideB in jcaesar's match. CRAZY. definitely did not know about the increasing power thing. wanna pick me up next time you go play XD im staying at billys for break

toasty

Smash Hero
WUT YOU'RE IN TOWN?!?!?!?! I thought you went home!!!!

Alright, next time I play I'll call ya over since I have the demo now =3

Is Billy still in town or did he just let you crash there?

If so, Jason wants to know if he's in the market...

Also: I can't receive texts at the moment, nor can I see who my missed calls are from [phone's screen is broken]

call me, and if I don't pick up, hit me up on facebook or through PM if you need to get a hold of me

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ;_______;
yea wtf its' not showing up

none of my recordings since i signed up are showing up LOL.

I wanna play Melee ness with 64 dair. Yes.

Give him 64 d-smash too.
Melee ness with 64 dair is asjd;fsdfsd so weird.

OMG HIS SMASHES AHHHHHHH

so good
uSMASH

am i the only one amazed by Neko's Blank Post of Amazing +1?
im such a boss.

toasty: yea i saw that sideB in jcaesar's match. CRAZY. definitely did not know about the increasing power thing. wanna pick me up next time you go play XD im staying at billys for break
we should have a P:Mfest

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I have to see when Im off. Before I can make any promises. I want to get my hands on Project M Ike and Pit. Probably gonna go All falcon and Falco

Top Bottom