• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Ether

Smash Ace
Naw, forget that. I would have asked for the vid so I could upload it.

Toasty, do you make money off of your Greatest KO ever (which I showed to everyone at Regent)? What's the minimum views you need before YouTube pays you?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Naw, forget that. I would have asked for the vid so I could upload it.

Toasty, do you make money off of your Greatest KO ever (which I showed to everyone at Regent)? What's the minimum views you need before YouTube pays you?
I qualified for the program a long time ago...but I read the policy thoroughly and ultimately decided that it wasn't worth the risk of potentially losing my channel altogether. The reason? The content is not my original content [namely the sound clip from Star Wars]

I also don't have the following, nor the consistent output of desirable content, that HMW, for example, has. Otherwise I'd feel like I had some leverage when negotiating with youtube like they seemingly did

and nah I think you only need like 75,000-100,000 views to qualify for the Revenue Sharing program

for the record: they approach YOU to join the program

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I got the offer with only 22k views...

"INSANE HYRULE JUMP - SSBB"

Yeah there was like a 2 week period where I played brawl but I never quit melee and didn't play it nearly as much as melee lol

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
What's the minimum views you need before YouTube pays you?
for the record: they approach YOU to join the program
users can apply for the advertisement stuff based on channel subscriptions, total upload views, how quickly the videos actually get popular, and other general traffic things. Youtube/Google doesn't actually need to supply you with a reason and being declined requires 2-3 months before the user can apply again.

the videos must all be original content and 1-hit wonders aren't usually considered

the more you know!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
welp, sadface ether D:

so now that i know he's not an option, i want to get this hashed out now so i dont have to keep posting annoying things >_>

SO: getting a ride UP shouldnt really be a problem, there are several ways/people i can go with (toast? - iron skillet nyugga) the problem is getting a ride BACK since there dont seem to be many folks who are coming down monday after the entire thing is over. since rhan has mentioned rides w/o referencing an extra spot, im going to assume STARS Car is full both ways. doug and toast are coming back sunday evening and pitzer still hasnt replied. any help?

if not, i can ask zion but i really have no idea when he's going/leaving but that'll have to wait until at least this wednesday when he comes back from his cruise

rhan

Smash Hero
I'll text Alex n see what's going on with his car.

N from what I heard Shae's car is leaving sometime Monday morning. Aka we're not staying the whole day Sunday.

Edit: Alex said he car might be full. He probably won't know until day of. Shae's car is pretty full. If there was a way to put the TV in the trunk then there would be a possiblity but we wouldn't know if that was possible because they're picking me up on the way to DC. And it's my tv.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
if not, i can ask zion but i really have no idea when he's going/leaving
"Yeah so we need to talk real soon about Pound and stuff...like how we're getting up there and stuff, cuz I don't have a ride"
~ Zion @ about 3:00 PM today.

LOL

Here's my tentative schedule:
Friday
Leave Norfolk between 4 and 6 to play Super Stuck In Traffic Bros
Get to Arlington around 10 at the latest...because I kind of have a date ^_^
Stay at my cousin's place in Arlington [though for some reason I actually predict an all-nighter at the venue LOL]

Saturday
raperaperaperape

Sunday
leave Arlington no later than 8PM
;__;

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lmfao what amazing fail XD
well...****. for now, do you mind if i ride up there with you and, failing being able to find a ride, i just book a bus for the ride back?

god i wish i had a car ><

edit: oh btw, plank mentioned no playing in the venue friday night. i mean im sure it doesnt matter to you since you'd be off in the europeans' room or some **** but just saying XD

rhan

Smash Hero
We'll probably stash a secret setup in one of my rooms. Or roam around the hotel n find a place to chill n play.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
aww toasty im in the same boat

wont get to see finals :(((

but then i thought about it and read the p5 thread a while back, and there are a lot of people who are leaving on sunday. mlk day was of course good for everyone last year, but to expect that many people to be able to just "take the day off" is asking a lot. i assume many people will be missing Grand finals

rhan

Smash Hero
MLK day is a legit holiday to take off work for. Unlike President's day.

Martain Luther King > Obama.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
dude i am PISSED at the capcom store for being so fail with their preorders. as of yesterday my copy was in FUGGIN INDIANA. DAMMIT.

rhan

Smash Hero
Well knowing Shaden. We'd love practice the night before. And he does still have one of my mini TV's in his house. He'll just have to bring his own setup. N we'll have that in one of my rooms.

I wonder what time the venue will open in the morning.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm always down for them. Haha.

I shouldn't be too hard to point out. I'll be wearing something purple. And if all else fails look for the purple skull candies.

Are going up Friday night?

rhan

Smash Hero
It's all good.

Also people in my room(s) I recommend you make a checklist of all your ish. Be sure to include the following items:

-sleeping bag/blanket of some sort.
-hygine products.
-towel.
-my money.

20 bucks a night. I'm not fighting over a bed cuz I'm hittin the deck. But I wanna believe the room I'm sleeping in is gonna contain Saan, Shae, Theo, and myself.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I still am in love with your avatar, DJ.
I will take that.
Also, rhan I agree that MLK-->Obama on a certain level, but Every President-->MLK alone

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah I wish you could go though. Only reason I had to give it away cuz you pretty much said you were pretty much certain you couldn't play. :(

If it helps any better I believe paying at the door is 65. I'll help you pay that off if you do happen to get Friday off.

CStick

Smash Lord
Same here with money. I tallied it up and just don't feel like spending that much money to go up to Arlington to get wrecked in a game I'm not very much into or have kept up in anymore (I still love it, don't get me wrong...but, the long-distance tourney thing just isn't for me now)

rhan

Smash Hero
I understand both of your point of views. I just feel like you guys are better then I am and deserve the opportunity more then I do (especially Ether with his amazing talent).

It's bitter sweet to go for me. I'm going to try to make you guys proud though. Whether it's making it out of 1st round pools, or being that guy to bring so many videos, or even just being that guy to help out.

I'm ready for this tourney to happen. Best believe Shae and I are getting out of team pools. ;)

rhan

Smash Hero
Thanks Boose. <3

And nah you pay me the nights you're there. I'm sure I can possibly find someone to fill your spot for the night. And if not it's no big deal.

Top Bottom