• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Vince - Did my best to represent the H.R.

Malco - Sup man! Been a while.

Also a heads up that I should be able to host a smashfest this Thursday, Dec 23rd. Not 100% confirmed yet but I will post here in more details in a couple of hours when it is.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
sooo much water at christmas lol

SoVA, you better be ready

cuz tonight...

YOU
Aqua teen food squad reference

Also a heads up that I should be able to host a smashfest this Thursday, Dec 23rd. Not 100% confirmed yet but I will post here in more details in a couple of hours when it is.
Want dis
I've been really trying to hype since I'm not trash now.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
SOVA Smashfest!

SOVA Smashfest at Doug's place on Thursday!

Because of the observed federal holiday on Friday I am hosting a smashfest at my place this Thursday, the 23rd. Anyone will be able to stay overnight and there will free pizza and soda. I have two setups but it's always good to have three. Also gonna get the Onkyo working for some awesome surround sound feel and music too; feel free to bring music CD's if ya got 'em.

As a bonus I also have all the equipment available to record matches on one TV, with a computer available for commentary, but I personally won't have the time to process/edit/upload the vids - maybe someone can help me with this once the raw data format for the vids is made.

Come on down 6pm onwards. Smash will be on till dawn.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
but i guess i have to root for the catfish (no namesearching allowed)
awwwwwww <3333333
wut...how....................wut.
enver's reverse ledge dash to platform dash with marth is soooo freakin sexy!
d'awwww thanks mang ^_^

YO, SON...GET AT THIS KID'S LEDGEDASHING AND MOONWALKING HOLY CRAP

So consistent, though, for real!!! Pretty technical stuff you were doing...I was impressed...and while you don't go crazy with warrior bloodlust like you should, I really like your followups, Ace. You make better use of uair [the front part of it, particularly] than I've seen recently and your timely dairs piss me off because you've really got a good handle on the concept of it being a "meaty hitbox"

Can't wait to play you again =D GONNA *** DAT ASSSS UPPPPPP

also...so sad I can't make it to Doug's ;__;

toasty

Smash Hero
Kevin, my boy Frank is so incredibly excited to play you...he plays ONLY Falco [and like.... .000001% of the time: MARIO...go figure, right? ;)] but he doesn't travel, doesn't play in tourneys often, and doesn't lurk the boards or even watch many vids. ****...he's so out of the loop he didn't even know who YOU were, LOL

Then I showed him ROM3 matches.

Clearly, his life has changed :)

Also: it feels so good to have my old avatar back!

Had that for 3 years almost to the date...changed it in memory of NES n00b...but once that barrier was broken, I just kept changing it [mostly to hot kpop b*tches, though]

BUT NOW I'M CLAIMIN THAT DELECTABLE TOASTY CREATION BACK!!!!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
YO, SON...GET AT THIS KID'S LEDGEDASHING AND MOONWALKING HOLY CRAP

So consistent, though, for real!!! Pretty technical stuff you were doing...I was impressed...and while you don't go crazy with warrior bloodlust like you should, I really like your followups, Ace. You make better use of uair [the front part of it, particularly] than I've seen recently and your timely dairs piss me off because you've really got a good handle on the concept of it being a "meaty hitbox"

Can't wait to play you again =D GONNA *** DAT ASSSS
Thanks man I appreciate it! Yeah I can't wait to play with you again dude! And everyone else! I'll work on the warrior bloodlust lol.

Unless someone wants to play tonight, I'll be back in a week.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
so many red names, you guys realize which thread this is right?

You guys are patrolling sova waters, but don't be surprised when we pull a Missingno and tear your game up from the inside out.

toasty

Smash Hero
i lolled so hard at "FIRE SWORD"
LOLLL yesss me too hahaha so good, <3 Savedge!
i would piss my pants if i had peepee in my house XD
I pissed in Peepee's toilet in Peepee's house after he Peepee'd all over me for hours of non-stop Peepee fun.
Yeee I ain't fun
Best detour between GA and VA ever.
<3

I'm going to make my Fox janky and ridiculous like yours, Kevin...totally inspired me and made me realize "wait I'm Fox...if I just move faster, I can just keep hitting him!"

LOL

Edit @ Rhan: nahhh son, this is OG toast right here...didn't have the blue name for a whiiiile (I think Brawl came out by then, LOL)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hmmmmm

React to techs rather than predict them. Stop smashing where you think people are gonna be and realize you have time to punish any landing options. This is even easier to do if you hit someone/spike them onto a platform.

Don't always combo for damage. Sometimes, it's better to combo to put your opponent in a bad place on/off the stage so you can hold your advantage longer.

2 for 1 deal

The_Doug

Smash Ace
I'll be on the road to PA for christmas with the family by then, sorry doug. =(

Ace VA is soooo far away(for me, not NC) lol.
Drive safe especially on the way back. Weather is gonna be really bad coming up; worse than we had last week.

Cstick - Just come on down if ya can will be cool to see ya again.

If the smashfest is a success I might throw another one the following week too!

Top Bottom